It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible Documentary Footage of Mass Arrest in St. Paul

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Wow. These kind of scenes seem to be more and more common in the US with each passing year. I feel for my American brothers and sisters as I watch what is happening to your once great nation, once sacrosanct civil rights, and once robust economy. America can only be destroyed from within...

[edit on 2008-9-20 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

thats some good rioting right there but i dont think ill ever see americans putting up a fight like that,they seem to think the police are gods.
the people shouldnt fear the goverment they should be fearing us.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I can't believe people don't understand the outcome of this, which is very disturbing.

Everyone is basicly saying, "they let them go,..... no harm done"

ERR,..... WRONG,..... think again.

Every one of those people were arrested,.... which means,.....

They were booked,..... they were fingerprinted,..... mugshots taken,....

and now are on record in the L.E.I.N. machine, ( Law Enforcement Information Network )

I can almost assuredly bet that all those peoples' names are on some sort of list for future reference.

The part that went waaaay over the top for me was the part about the news reporter that had to bury his camera footage to keep it from being confiscated.

I mean wtf is wrong with this picture?????

Truly scary stuff.

Later,...... Ausable_Bill

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
What's interesting is that in China, when Tiananmen Square happened, the people being attacked were able to actually talk to the soldiers. I recall a video of one of the Army soldiers sitting on a curb with a look of dumb confusion on his face. These were the upland country boys which the CCCP had indoctrinated, but when he saw what was happening there, he lost his will, and the citizens (old ladies and kids, etc) were arguing with/yelling at him, totally deconstructing his world view. It was like he was having a mental breakdown on the curb because the truth of the moment was powerful enough to stop his mindless obedience.

Also I am recalling the scene where the Chinese guy with the shopping bags actually got a tank to stop. This means that at least one member of the Chinese tank corp was human enough to hesitate and not crush some dude.

But as I think of this, I also fear that the situation in America, when it comes to that (and it will), might not be so nice.

When I look at this video, I see determined and hateful forthrightness with which the batons are wielded. There is a seething desire to hurt the worthless dirty hippies. Do you see it in their body language?

After you see a living person crushed by a tank and you hear their final squeal as they go under, I think most of the "isms" you believe in, go out the window. I am wondering if China has more morally aware tank drivers? Hope we don't get to find out.

As for how cops can act like this, its a proven fact that people will fight harder for a smaller amount of money, that is to say, if a man makes 50k per year, and he is offered an extra 20k per year to step up to the position of "supreme goon", he will do so, and will leave his heart at the doorstep. Also, cognitive dissonance says that once you adopt a course of action which takes you in a direction which is scary, your mind will numb the scary consequences and work to integrating the decision made, with your general world view.

What this means is that when an officer accepts the cash and goes from Cop to Goon, they mentally begin reinforcing that decision within themselves, and the psyche molds itself to fit that new decision. This has been observed and proven by psychologists, one of which was Leon Festinger, who identified cognitive dissonance and proved it by infiltrating a UFO cult. He found that when people make crazy decisions, they tend to galvanize themselves in line with that decision.

When I look at this video, I think to myself "If these people are still too dumb to know that you are not allowed to gather outside without permission, these days, then they need a baton on the head to alert them to that fact." ...What else would wake them up? Seeing their classmate or parent or child with a tank tread across their body?

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by smallpeeps

That is where I believe the difference will show itself! These men are going to fight for $10 - 20,000 paper dollars, as the citizens facing them will be fighting for something that is inherent in all of us. Freedom.

Heart > Paper.

I hope they trained well.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
When did this change begin? Where did it come from? I am old enough to remember when the MSM actually seemed to have the average Joe in mind. Its so hard for me to really digest this new reality - that they are so totally in the hands of the PTB that they would not even make the arrest of their own reporters public. We hear of it only through other sources. Ironically, I think it took the girls on "The View" to really shake up McKain recently with some straight talk about the "lying" going on in political adds. The truth is being left to talk and gossip shows now??? (Perhaps I should have said "allowed" only on talk shows?)
I hate to say it, but it may be like dealing with a bully. They tend to stand down if you stand up to them. The state, the government, the police have become your bully. If you don't stand up to them it will only get worse.
There seems to be almost too much on your plate now, my American neighbours. I do wish you well, and diligence, and hope not too many get hurt in your struggle to return to the life of freedom you once enjoyed and were famous for. Unfortunately I can't see it getting resolved without real turmoil. Suing is fine, but oh so slow, and the gov. has all the money to pay lawyers.
We here in Canada are usually only a small step behind in whatever silliness overtakes you. Being smaller tho, it sometimes is a little easier for us to crack the political desire to do stupid things before they get too carried away. Please take care of your situation before it spills over here.
Please ....

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

A bully is basically alone, propably scared all the time and venting that through aggression.

These guys do not fear much, and if you stand up to them they throw you in a little cage and throw away the key.. well, they don't do it themselves, they use the apparatus of 'law' they installed just for this purpose.

The Dark Knights are back, and this time they wear badges.. while the Dark Lords sit in impregnable fortresses and work towards everybody's demise but their own (they think)

They might fear an uprising if they would believe for one instant that it would be universal, everybody rising up as one.

Reality shows this just ain't going to happen, there's still a lot of people so brainwashed they don't even realize they're selling their children's futures down the road, and the ones that do know and are 'prepared' are severely fractured in nature, and not exactly on par in armaments.

It'd be like a nest of ants rising up against the elephant that crushes the anthill.. at some point maybe irritable to the elephant but in the end, an excersice in uselessness.. plus giving the black elephant an excuse to wipe out all ants cause they might 'represent a danger'

It's all good and well to play soldierboy in some backwater field with some other soldierboys, using .. what? maybe a point .50 if they're lucky ?

If they'd be succesfull in some form of resistance, they'd have to deal with military-grade weapons.. tanks, bombs, bunkerbusters, the list is endless, as are the troopers.. and as a couple guys pointed out, those soldiers might be Russian or chinese.. After all, the Russians have allready 'trained' on American soil in Urban Combat scenario's..

I can only think of one way to stop this, and that's to behead the Hydra.. and even then it might be futile, as the réal problem might be hidden behind layers of deception.

I'm maybe sounding defaitist, and yet, I can't shake the feeling that, in the end, they will loose.. how this will come about, I have no idea.. it might start with a bunch of people getting together and talking like free people on some internet site.. they are getting so open about their aims and methods that I can't imagine all those Yes-men will cling to their perception when they see the cold brutal reality around them on a dayly basis..

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
thats so funny, you americans can't even fight back your own GOV !!! you americans electeted a idiot in office and now you cant remove it !

stupid stupid U american people

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Phatcat

Last time I checked, some "soldier boys" were holding off the strongest nation in the world with some 7.62, other assorted small arms, RPGs, Mortars. And this iisn't the first time, either. They warded off Russia just a few decades ago. That's David - 2 Goliath - 0.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Well......here it comes....at least that is what it looks like.I wonder if my days of not getting my head billy clubbed are soon to be over....I will either resist or live in the woods like a hermit....time to start studying my survival manual...I dont want to be around when the crap starts hitting the fan...

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Here's a couple more video's, one short one of the same park the OP video was made in I believe, and another video from what I believe to be a different park.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, you are under arrest.."

Storm Troopers at RNC arresting hundreds of innocent park-goers on charges of felony riot

This appears to be another mass arrest at another park. Apparently they might have been protesting the war here though.

9/01/08: RNC anti-war MASS AREST Upper Landing Park
*****WARNING: Graphic Language*****

RNC Anti-War Protest
Approximately 4:30 local time - mass around down by the river after the police had basically herded a group into a "dead end" section near the river.

Unless these were somehow "unlawful" gatherings, I don't see any reason that law enforcement should have bothered these people!

[EDIT to add] Once you have watched the videos, a carousel of videos appears in the video window which also contains other videos of protests and arrests at the RNC convention.

[edit on 9/20/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Well, I dont think it will have any impact, but I sent a link to the footage with a note to the "ABC news with Charlie Gibson," (no reason them specifically) telling them I was disappointed that Britney Spears got more coverage than things that matter to ME like mass arrests of peaceful protesters.

I suggest you guys do the same. Dont just complain here, complain directly to the MSM. It may do nothing, but one thing is certain, if no one makes themselves heard there definitely will not be a change. Numbers matter. And if we sit here quietly and not make our displeasure known we are part of the problem.

Just my two cents.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I'm glad I got out of the states when I did.

It's getting really ridiculous. What does the American government want to see happen? Bloodshed? Because that's the next move here!

Disgusting. My heart goes out to you my American brothers and sisters.

Peace,
FK

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
Well, I dont think it will have any impact, but I sent a link to the footage with a note to the "ABC news with Charlie Gibson," (no reason them specifically) telling them I was disappointed that Britney Spears got more coverage than things that matter to ME like mass arrests of peaceful protesters.

I suggest you guys do the same. Dont just complain here, complain directly to the MSM. It may do nothing, but one thing is certain, if no one makes themselves heard there definitely will not be a change. Numbers matter. And if we sit here quietly and not make our displeasure known we are part of the problem.

Just my two cents.

It is certainly worth more then two cants . I often think that venues like this, utube, blogs etc. allow folks to express their collective ten minutes of outrage ( conscience cleansing ) with no suggestions for constructive followup. 98 percent of what I read is simply people bitching. 10,000 managers can't be wrong. " Do not bring me the problem without a solution. "
So, kudos to you sir !

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Thanks for the little "push" in the right direction Illusions.

Sent ABC News the video explaining how these people were arrested for rioting while the video clearly showed no rioting going on.

Who knows, maybe if more people send them a similar e mail, maybe they'll actually put the video on the air!

Easy enough story for them, "People Sitting Quietly in a Park Listening to a Concert Get Arrested for Rioting, with video!"

At least something is being done locally about all these "frivolous" felony rioting arrests!

Mpls Council Members Call for Investigation of Police Actions at RNC

Minneapolis City Council Members Cam Gordon (Green-Ward 2) and Gary Schiff (DFL-Ward 9) have called for a public hearing and independent investigation into law enforcement actions taken against protesters and the journalists who covered them during the Republican National Convention (RNC) in St. Paul.

Originally posted by Ausable_Bill
Every one of those people were arrested,.... which means,.....

They were booked,..... they were fingerprinted,..... mugshots taken,....

and now are on record in the L.E.I.N. machine, ( Law Enforcement Information Network )

I can almost assuredly bet that all those peoples' names are on some sort of list for future reference.

Seems like they might have been looking for information also! Even the press wasn't safe from the police!

Three members of New York City’s Glass Bead Collective video team were stopped and searched near Washington Avenue North early in the morning of Aug. 26. They were questioned about their travel plans and associations, and their cameras, cell phones and notebooks were confiscated. The three were told they were being questioned because of car burglaries that were occurring in the area, but police reported later that they were under suspicion of trespassing on railroad property.

Attorney Bruce Nestor, president of the Minnesota chapter of the National Lawyers Guild, said that the City was looking for information—phone numbers, names of activists, demonstration schedulesthat Nestor said were part of protected journalistic sources, source information that was to be used to cover protests.

“All of this information [was] taken by Minneapolis Police as part of what we believe [was] an intelligence operation to gather information on activists, to gather information on the location of protected First Amendment activity—to use it to investigate and further crack down on protected activity,” Nestor said.
“This is absolutely outrageous behavior for a police department towards individuals who are engaged in First Amendment protected activity and who have a documented record for exposing police misconduct,” said Nestor.
******SKIP******
The depiction of Salazar’s arrest is perhaps one of the most chilling of all recorded police actions at the convention, showing her being forced to the ground and stepped on by police in riot gear as she screams, “Press! Press! Press!”

But, the BIG question is, will the MSM expose this?

Well, ....

“I’ve been on the phone for the past two weeks trying to pitch this story to the major media outlets and no one seems interested,” Democracy Now! Director of Outreach Jessica Cox told Southside Pride.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I'm just wondering.... What were the "protesters" charged with while being arrested? This video does not surprise me as much as it does disgust. What is it going to take to get the citizens of this country angry
we need to stand up against this, but as a poster said earlier people hold the police in such high regard it makes things difficult.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
I think they are doing it to get the police and other enforcement agencies used to arresting citizens without cause, and testing the waters to see if the people have any resistance to it.

That's exactly what I thought. Let's see how a crowd of non-violent, innocent people respond to being surrounded, arrested and round up and taken away...

Ugh!

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
sometimes I wonder, have these cops been brainwashed?

Yes. The cops have been brainwashed, but more importantly, did you notice that the PEOPLE were also brainwashed? Brainwashed to fear for their lives if they even objected to being arrested for absolutely no reason.

THAT'S the part that's scary to me. That people just rolled over and took it, without the slightest objection... I'm sure the government was thrilled to learn that their programming has worked. Now, they can approach just about any crowd, peaceably assembled on a lawn and arrest them.

The future looks mighty interesting...

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

Americans will not stand up for what is right nor thier own rights, that would be comming out of their comfort zones something the flouridated public is unable to do.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustnoone1987
I'm just wondering.... What were the "protesters" charged with while being arrested?

From the article in the opening post.

Incredible Documentary Footage of Mass Arrest in St. Paul

the cameraman who buried his footage and was one of almost two hundred people arrested for rioting without probable cause.

In the other video's I posted the people were also arrested for "felony rioting"!

[edit on 9/20/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
This quote is attributed to Edmund Burke;

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

I think in America today, and really, around the world, we need to heed that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join