It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible Documentary Footage of Mass Arrest in St. Paul

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I think this is just the beginning, now that a great many of us are waking up they feel the need to intimidate and oppress us. The power has always been with the people and those who control the government know that, that is why they fear us. The have tried to rob us of our power for far too long. I say, TAKE IT BACK!!
When we choose to connect with each other, even making the attempt, simply wiring it in our minds we tap into our collective consciousness and once that consciousness grows big enough it will be stronger that those who try to oppress us.
They control almost everything, the government, the media, pharmaceuticals, banks, they have their kind everywhere. Our goal should be to summon greater powers to aid us, whether you believe in magic, religion, etc. or simply believe in yourself, summon something greater in yourself and take action before these things that seek to subdue us take full control.

Its all in the Mind, and the Mind rules...

~D

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   

“The St. Paul City Attorney’s office announced Friday it will not prosecute Democracy Now! journalists Amy Goodman, Sharif Abdel Kouddous and Nicole Salazar. St. Paul Mayor Chris Coleman also issued a statement Friday that “the city will decline to prosecute misdemeanor charges for presence at an unlawful assembly for journalists arrested during the Republican National Convention.”

“Upon learning of the news, Democracy Now! Host, Amy Goodman said, “It’s good that these false charges have finally been dropped, but we never should have been arrested to begin with. These violent and unlawful arrests disrupted our work and had a chilling effect on the reporting of dissent. Freedom of the press is also about the public’s right to know what is happening on their streets. There needs to be a full investigation of law enforcement activities during the convention.”

www.democracynow.org...

Over 40 journalists were arrested while reporting on protesting going on outside of the convention center.

FYI Amy reports that 10’s of thousands of members of the public contacted the St. Paul officials protesting the unlawful arrests of working journalists.

I can’t speak for anyone else but before I become any ones “petty slave” I’ll disappear further into the wilderness I am already living on the edge of that wilderness. I feel bad for the urban dwellers. The police/military could round you up more easily than us country people. Maybe its time for Anne Frank type hidden rooms for people in the city to hide from Gestapo… er I mean police.

I wish you all the best and only hope we don't loose the internet.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Anne Frank!?!? I surely hope the population doesnt think like this. I suggest you all start learning how to fire rifles and making napalm in your kitchen. I'd much rather die on my feet than live on my knees, and i'm sure everyone know's where that quote is from. I am gonna be making a thread on Project Blue Beam soon with the hope of getting people to be ready inform the masses if and when it happens about the truth. Alot of government workers have been getting emails about the subject and October 14 seems to be the date they all had in common.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by ganjar]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by realshanti
reply to post by Mad Binxx

You go boy!!! clearly you have never had any real experience with the arm of the state or ever made your voice heard outside of your armchair...so holding a banner in the street on a corner or sitting in a park is unlawful assembly in your world???.... please....read your constitution and get back to me....

Here's another fact witnessed with my own eyes and experienced by me: Police tell you to disperse - you disperse - Police then go after you, beat you to the ground, and arrest you.....hmmmm... you had no weapon, you were complying with the officers request.. so what could be the motive for the arrest...???? Your POLITICS....and your unmitigated gaul to make your opinion public and voice it on the street no less...Blasphemy!!!!....

I don't know what world you live in, but in mine I actually try to listen to what the LAW tells me. And, quite obviously, when an officer tells you to disperse and is able to 'go after you' you obviously didn't disperse enough. IE, moving from the middle of the street, to the side of the street does NOT count. You go HOME, you go anywhere ELSE. You get on your bike and ride. When a camera filming the event simply pans over to see your 'all ready dispersed' self being arested, well...sorry to inform you, but you haven't dispersed.

Yes, there are the true peaceful types that go to these protests. But come on. Do you honestly think police want to sit there, picking out the people that might, and will lash out? And what about your own safety? What happens to you when a glass bottle flys out of the crowd and smashes you in the face? Go to the cops? What if its your car being pushed over and burned?

Not to mention there was a group roaming around calling themselves the RNC Welcoming Committee, pushing for anarchy. Screw that. Anarchy means your wives, daughters, sisters and mothers are being raped. Your stuff is being stolen and if you don't start doing the same you'll probably be killed for it. Yea. I want that.

Like I said. I'm smart enough to know when I'm at risk of being arrested. And, I try not to offend, but obviously your vision is blurred when it comes to what you -should- be doing when a police officer tells you to leave the premises.

Not to mention I believe its part of the liberal agenda to get cuffs slapped on them. It gives them something to gripe about. Example. Many of you have said it. 'When we protest, cops come and we get arested, waaah.' If getting arrested is your idea of getting your message across, great. But it seems most of you people actually want to get something done. So how about you change your stradegy if you -know- whats going to happen? You're all going insane doing the same thing over and over, and you whine when doing the same thing getst he same old result.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
It's pretty clear.

TIME TO START STEPPING UP TO THE MARK AND PROTESTING WITH YOUR SECOND AMENDMENT. NOTHING ELSE WILL STOP THIS GETTING WORSE AND WORSE.

-A fuming ghost rider

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

Just make sure your bullets are flying in the right direction. >.o

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Ahh Mad, if the law tells you to jump off a cliff then you would do that I suppose cause that is what you and your law biding sheeple have done for the last 40 years and now we have the result of your slavish devotion to your masters - economic ruin, the Magna Cartre suspended, rendition, torture endorsed, the deaths of thousands more of our youngest best and brightest, the murder of innocents on foreign soil with your tax $$ but all of that is fine with you because you're a law biding citizen .... your pious regard for fascism is truly touching...

For the record - the strategy employed by those who DO give a damn about freedom are varied and the street is usually the last resort and those that have endured arrest and incarceration will tell you that it is not something any of us look forward to....but rest assured your attitude and those of your complacent compatriots will insure that we continue to "take it to the streets" -

You bandy the term liberal around as if you actually understand what it means - I am not a "liberal" - I am a full on off the chart , radical follower of Yeshuah, warrior against the rulers of the darkness of this age, and spiritual wickedness in the heavenly places... and simply because someone calls themselves a conservative gives them no authority with me if they support corruption at the highest levels of government while calling it "good and perfect" and coating it with religious and/or political piety - I don't give a damn what "law" it hides behind - a skunk by any other name....is still a skunk.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustnoone1987
........... but as a poster said earlier people hold the police in such high regard it makes things difficult.

Police in high regard...........you say. Is they why they are called pigs, I mean look at these cops, most of them are so over weight its a wonder how they keep there gun belt in place.
Mmmmm, must be Velcro.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Awesome!

I would have loved to arrest some of these people myself, time to teach the people who's in charge in this country.

POWER TO THE GOVERNMENT!!!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
MAD, would this mean you think Rosa Parks should have moved to the back of the bus? Should Ghandi have stop his pacificist protests that led to multiple jail terms? Standing up for your rights is never wrong. People of America have a RIGHT to assembly. Just because an officer says leave does not mean he is right. We have the right to freedom of press and speech, an but New York City cops will take your cameras if you are video taping them arresting people.

And yes, getting arrested can help a cause by bringing attention to an otherwise silenced issue. I would not have known police are committing these attrocities had hundreds of people not been arrested for a peaceful gathering.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The government is just shooting themselves in the foot. Days go by and more and more people awake to what's really going on in this country.

Like I've stated in earlier threads, I have the utmost faith in the American people to do whats right in the end. George Orwell wasn't blessed with the foresight of knowing how truly powerful the Age of Information could be in providing the truth to the people.

We can't let this fight go to blows though. Let's say, theoretically, we are in a position to finally take back our country from these ruthless criminals? What do you think they would do? Why do you think they manufactured enough nuclear weapons to destroy the world many times over?

No one will allow the outright dissolution of the Constitution. No one. That is one slip of paper I remember being SEARED into my skull as the ultimate definition of what it means to be American. I actually feel privileged to come of age in this era, to be a part of finally taking this country, and the world for that matter, in the right direction.

Remember people, protesting against the Feds will do nothing. It starts with your District, then your State.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by realshanti

Theres a certain logic you need to look it. Its not as black and white as you say. Police restraining and quelling the possibly rise of unrest and violence is different then them saying 'go jump off a cliff.' To that I would respond, 'you first.'

Lets take the example of the people who started this whole protest thing. We'll call them hippies. They protested like wildfire in the 60's. They banned together and started groups. Some rioted, some didn't. Its fair to say that many didn't get much done besides putting the police to work.

But now look at the 'hippie' generation. They're all grown up. And what did they do? They most certainly aren't running around to all the events that go against thier beliefs, waving signs and heckling police. Some actually became something. Lets not forget that many of these people were enrolled in some of the top universities in the country.

They're lawyers and politicians, lobbyists and business tycoons. They're in a place that they can actually get things done. If waving signs and protesting worked they would still be out there doing it. What they understand, that you obviously don't, is that when you go out and make a scene, nothing happens. Sure, you get your word out in an outspoken way, but who actually wins these battles? Not the people waving signs. They get rap sheets. Protesting, no matter how peaceful, simply aggitates and inflames an often all ready sore and swollen issue. Not to mention it takes away from the issue. Instead of talking about what went on inside the RNC in contrast to the DNC, we're talking about the shenanigans that went on outside.

Lets not forget that charges are being dropped. Media had a reason for being there. What would your reasons be? To yell at republicans as they pass by? Hassle police doing their jobs? I would likely bet that any one of those policemen would come to the aid of any of the protesters in any case that didn't involve a protest.

Yes, the bad apples make sour the whole basket. There are so many people in the world that make it impossible to have consistant sincerity in any one organization, including law enforcement, religion and politics. Not everyone is in on the New World Order scheme, but when all is said and done, you'll still be calling the police when you're in trouble.

I'll revolt when I feel its time, when its necessary. These people should undertsand that they'll get more done inside the court room then standing outside of it. It seems rather childish in my opinion. Like a child that doesn't want to go to their room, they simply go limp and let authority drag them off. Not to mention its a waste of -their- tax dollars too.

Many in this thread have said they see this happening more and more. But they're blind as to why. It's not because the police force is cracking down, more and more. It's because the Left is becoming more and more outspoken.

In the time it took those protesters to get dragged off, each and every one of them could have written a letter and flooded their representative. And don't tell me 'they have.' Because they haven't. Despite what you think, the 'system' still works. The common man is still in congress. Like I siad. Not eveyone is on on the NWO scheme, and we can still change things. But camping out infront of a building with a sign that you can't put more then four words on isn't the way to do it.

I'm not against Democrats, or symbiotic relationship they have with liberals. I'm an Independant, with a slight Right lean. I'm against the etreme way the far left is going about things. You don't see young Republicans rallying against the Democrats do you? How would you feel if me and my friends stood outside of your house all hours of the night, waving signs and yelling about Yeshuah and how its a scam?(Which I'll actually enlighten myself about.)Its not right.-outofspace-

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tgautier13

Remember people, protesting against the Feds will do nothing. It starts with your District, then your State.

Good advice and which many people have followed and are following through on - however sometimes you have to deliver the message to the Fed as well...and be very sure of one thing - you may think a respectful letter to the Fed or participation in your local council meetings won't engender backlash but you would be wrong in this day and age....the erosion of rights has emboldened those who feel that any criticism of policy is an excuse for abuse of authority...so simply be prepared....

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ninthaxis

And to this I say we're talking about apples and oranges. We live in a much different place then Rosa Parks. I doubt you understand where she, and the whole black community was coming from back then. It might sound racist, but I think you're white. Unfortunately back then racism took an etreme stance. It my belief that a vast majority of people back then weren't racist, they just didn't care because they were white. And not that they didn't care, they were simply hypnotized by the hootin' and hollerin' segregationists spouted. That and the fact that white sympathizers were treated just as bady, though, I would never go as far as compairing those plights.

Ghandi is a different story all together. He was fighting to free his country and his people from Britan, very much like the Collonies did. The difference was that we split off, and India was taken over. The difference between this, and my previous arguement is that its one countries rule of another, and in our case its a country divided. In Ghandis case, it was nearly the whole of his people that wanted their freedom. Here? We are split, beneath the same flag. We all don't want the same thing.

Ghandis protests were symbolic, and incredibly relevant to the times. Such as when they were told they couldn't make their own salt. Did you also know that he protested his own people? When violence began rising he would go on hunger strike until his people calmed down. And they did.

Unfortunately, when Ghandi did succeed, he split his people in half. Hindu's and Palestinians. Without british antagony they were free to have at eachother. When Ghandi went to speak against this, a Palestinian shot him.

In any case, I wouldn't go compairing great people such as Rosa Parks and Mahatma Ghandi to the masses of people that wave signs and such. I'm nearly 100% sure that very few of them would go as far as Ghandi did. An interesting idea that they might put themselves in a situation that requires a cop to use force(which they know is coming), but as far as inconveniencing themselves for an extended period of time? I really don't think Americans have it in them...Passive agressively aggravating someone to use force is much easier. :|

P.s. Your statement at the end there. It basically says that you found out this was going on...because it was going on. Had hundreds of people -not- been arested for a peaceful(but possibly volatile) situation, there would be no story, no issue, and nothing to 'find out.'

[edit on 21-9-2008 by Mad Binxx]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Ah, once more. The system does work. You make it seem like the 'Fed' is one man, and that you must cry out to him. 'He' does not exist, in that sense. What you want to do is exactly what you said. Your House Rep, your Senator will listen to you, and when they're flooded with hundreds of letters(that are actually written by sincere people, and not mass produced by a single entity) They listen.

If you're responcible in your words you can even cross party lines and write to the people that, in a way, don't represent you. It the noise that gets muffled. The empty can rattles the most.

The things we litterally can do nothing about? When the President crosses lines and boundries set by congress. House still votes, and if its passed it moves to the Senate. The President decides. And your petty protesting wont sway him, whether he's part of the NWO scheme or 'not'.

Ahh, so many things are wrong. But people need to wake up. What they're doing is not working, and to keep crying about it isn't helping either. We all want the same thing, but we're too busy arguing to notice. Even then, you have to ask...Will we always be divided like this? Good, hard logic is lacking in this country...

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
It's pretty clear to me, and it should be to you the reader at this point, that the current administration views the citizens of the nation as enemies of the state in waiting.

Your government is afraid of you. They are afraid of the very notion of freedom itself, and are attempting to send a rather abrupt message to the effect of "Exercise your freedoms, and you will be punished."

Personally, and you may disagree with me here, I personally regard mass arrests and the injection of fear and paranoia into the public to be just as disgusting as slavery.

It's a direct infringement on freedom and democracy.

... and as such, Your current government IS the enemy.

They're just making sure freedom can't win.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   

And to this I say we're talking about apples and oranges. We live in a much different place then Rosa Parks.

This is not comparing apples and oranges as you had previously stated:

but obviously your vision is blurred when it comes to what you -should- be doing when a police officer tells you to leave the premises.

In both my examples the individuals were ordered to do, or not do, various things that got them in trouble. As my examples are more high profile, you resort to bringing up extreme forms of punishment from countries that place zero value on human life:

Anywhere else and they would have been locked up as political prisoners, and in extreme cases, those some ought 800 misdemeanor charges would be some ought 800 public executions

as if this has anything to do with the present situation at all. I would say the vast majority of todays countries would allow a peaceful group to assemble without "locking them up as political prisoners" or "executing" them, and if this is not the case, even more reason to go out and protest. You are completely ignoring the fact that we have a right to protest, and right to assemble, instead focusing on the relative minority of protestors that cause trouble, choosing to lump hundreds into a category reserved for a few trouble makers, and this I find to be reckless and dangerous thinking.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by EtSolveMundi
Those Northern Irish would be tear-gassed, taken down, and handcuffed in a warehouse should they try that in America. Peaceful protest is always extolled and violent protest is always demonized, but virtually no one still believes that peaceful protest can accomplish anything. If you pick up a rock at a protest nowadays you'll wake up with a hell of a headache sitting in a holding cell. What other options are there?

They didn't "try that" they did that. And it wasn't police that were out there, that was the army. Armored Personal Carriers couldn't deter those people because regardless of the odds, they would not go silently into the night.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seaman_Richie
Awesome!

I would have loved to arrest some of these people myself, time to teach the people who's in charge in this country.

POWER TO THE GOVERNMENT!!!!!

I know, who do they think they are! Sitting on grass? Trying to get to a concert? Getting some fresh air at a park after leaving the concert? Sounds like terrorism, terrorism, and terrorism to me. Those people, who are exactly like you and I might as well have been asking for it.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mad Binxx

Ah, once more. The system does work. You make it seem like the 'Fed' is one man, and that you must cry out to him. 'He' does not exist, in that sense. What you want to do is exactly what you said. Your House Rep, your Senator will listen to you, and when they're flooded with hundreds of letters(that are actually written by sincere people, and not mass produced by a single entity) They listen.

In what way have I said the fed is one man???...In no way....and they have been flooded with hundreds, no thousands of letters - mine among them - do you think I was born yesterday??? - I've been at this since 1965 - and have watched the erosion of rights with each administration no matter how many damn letters we write - but still I write them....I think the janitor reads them..

If you're responsible in your words you can even cross party lines and write to the people that, in a way, don't represent you. It the noise that gets muffled. The empty can rattles the most.

done that too - but somehow we are still at the brink of economic collapse, no Habeus Corpus, policy of torture and rendition, a war based on lies, healthcare based on Eugenics, and so on....

The things we litterally can do nothing about? When the President crosses lines and boundries set by congress. House still votes, and if its passed it moves to the Senate. The President decides. And your petty protesting wont sway him, whether he's part of the NWO scheme or 'not'.

congress was warned about this current crisis eight years ago...the war in Iraq was funded without a wimper from congress...the patriot act was signed without even being read by most of congress...yes I have simply tons of confidence in our congress..

our "petty protesting?" Thats zero experience talking since I have to believe that you don't have ANY to be able to write such a self righteous ignorant statement...

Ahh, so many things are wrong. But people need to wake up. What they're doing is not working, and to keep crying about it isn't helping either. We all want the same thing, but we're too busy arguing to notice. Even then, you have to ask...Will we always be divided like this? Good, hard logic is lacking in this country...

No sir.... but people like YOU need to wake up to reality....different forms of action have their place....to trivialize as you have done the actions of people who give a damn about what happens in this country and who are willing to lay it on the line is shameful in the extreme...

now I'm gettin real cranky so I best take myself out of this for a little while...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join