It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible Documentary Footage of Mass Arrest in St. Paul

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

lol my apologies. I did read the article, but read that sentence in a different way. Well that is pretty darn ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Those Northern Irish would be tear-gassed, taken down, and handcuffed in a warehouse should they try that in America. Peaceful protest is always extolled and violent protest is always demonized, but virtually no one still believes that peaceful protest can accomplish anything. If you pick up a rock at a protest nowadays you'll wake up with a hell of a headache sitting in a holding cell. What other options are there?

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I'm just waiting to see what will happen if some people cook up some IEDs like in Iraq place it in an alley like this when the cops come in front of it explode it and it kills twenty riot police. What would happen.

What happens when the first shoot is heard? When a bunch of ``patriots`` groups are tired of this thing and start killing police and in return police are killing protesters?

I would have to study this... when looking at the incident at a college when soldiers fired at protesters in the 70s during the vietnam war. But now things are differents... people are more angry than before, the economic situation is and will be as bad as the great depression, the iraq war and the many abuses of the government...

And if civil war ends up in the US, you'll see NATO and UN troops in the US.

Peaceful protest is always extolled and violent protest is always demonized, but virtually no one still believes that peaceful protest can accomplish anything.

Well we saw that in 2003 when most of the world protested against the start of the Iraq war...it happenned anyway because criminals are in charge in most countries we call democratic...

[edit on 20-9-2008 by Vitchilo]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I don't believe that St Paul has that many police in their force. They have to be federal troops from somewhere and shipped there for this reason. Yes it does remind me of the SS.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
who can honestly say that America doesn't resemble a police-state after viewing this?? things are getting out of hand at an exponential rate! it's only a matter of time before something big goes down...

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Brothers

Watch it again. They National Guard were down there.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
thanks for sharing this....

what a world.... the US government is so twisted....so corrupt

this stuff amazes me..wow

eveything is opposite...

what is it going to take to change all of this?

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skipper1975

what is it going to take to change all of this?

It will escalate until the people rise up against it, at which time (if not sooner) Martial law will be imposed and foreign troops (already here) will work in conjunction with our government to keep us all "safe" from the "homemade terrorists".
The worst and saddest part is, that's just the beginning...

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
And we're all just martyrs, aren't we?

I know it just can't be Northern Ireland that has the fighting spirit!

The year 1776 comes to mind, but I can't quite put my finger on it....

[edit on 20-9-2008 by DeadFlagBlues]
lol thats my town..its full of nutcases....

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
This and all the other recent events like it are training exercises for the forces involved. The perps know that soon the people will be rioting in the streets when they realise that the banks are empty etc. This is how the Cops and NG get real time training, its just a warmup of the things to come.

The mainstream media is controlled the net is not, when will that be going down?

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keyhole

Attorney Bruce Nestor, president of the Minnesota chapter of the National Lawyers Guild, said that the City was looking for information—phone numbers, names of activists, demonstration schedulesthat Nestor said were part of protected journalistic sources, source information that was to be used to cover protests.

“All of this information [was] taken by Minneapolis Police as part of what we believe [was] an intelligence operation to gather information on activists, to gather information on the location of protected First Amendment activity—to use it to investigate and further crack down on protected activity,” Nestor said.
emocracy Now! Director of Outreach Jessica Cox told Southside Pride.

Pretty disturbing.. thanks for posting, it sure sets a new light on things.

so this might be a case of create a forest to hide the tree ?

[edit on 20-9-2008 by Phatcat]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by wecomeinpeace

Eh... America was never great, only like every other country, it's always been a mind illusion: the greatness. Dropping a couple atomic bombs on a small island and enslaving millions of Africans isn't a great history.

Then again I guess it all depends on what your opinion of great is. That's certainly not mine.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by snertone32
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

thats some good rioting right there but i dont think ill ever see americans putting up a fight like that,they seem to think the police are gods.
the people shouldnt fear the goverment they should be fearing us.

Ahh think again my friend - Have seen it with my own eyes but these are never and I mean NEVER seen on TV unless its to trivialize and vilify those who are participating....1968 - Detroit, L.A., Washington D.C. and many other cities - snipers on the rooftops, and national guard in the street, teargas and nobody backing down....WTO riots in Seattle - city locked down for days after the police went hog wild and the demonstrators responded in kind...it was a bloody battle - ending with mass arrests...if I don't miss my guess the next few years will bring out the best in us....don't write us off..

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by realshanti

very true these next few years something will happen and crap will hit the fan pretty hard.

Everyone has the fighting spirit in them.

Unfortunatley peaceful protests and riot wont do anything people dont feel there is enough on the line. The only thing that will restore order is a violent uprising were people are willing to sacrafice everything for freedom.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
its the Gov saying : and what are you going to do about it

its only the beginning

and only GOD knows how its going to end

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Guys I am sorry to have to say this but American people are such wusses. When will you all wake up and take your country back? America is broke yet America has enough money to overpower their own civilians. Raise hell to your congress, take the riots to your congress house and make sure your heard. Countries have rioted for less. All this talk about America being great, and strong. It is not you who is strong but it is your military. Your military has no Americans, only brainwashed robots.

I hope you guys wake up before the police out number the civilians, before your guns are taken away, and before your made their petty slaves.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The populace always has a breaking point here's hoping the sheeple reach theirs before it's too late...

That's all I gotta say, Voting will not save us .

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves
Charges Will Be Dropped Against Arrested Journalists at GOP Convention

Charges will be dropped against the journalists arrested for unlawful assembly at protests held during the Republican National Convention, according to the (Minneapolis) Star Tribune. "This decision reflects the values we have in St. Paul to protect and promote our First Amendment rights to freedom of the press," Mayor Chris Coleman said in a prepared statement Friday. "At the scene, the police did their duty in protecting public safety. In this decision, we are serving the public's interest to maintain the integrity of our democracy, system of justice and freedom of the press." Coleman said the city will use a broad definition of journalist when reviewing the cases, but does not know yet how many of the the 800 arrests will be affected by the decision.

First I'd like to point out the use of the words 'Unlawful Assembly'. Just because theres 800 lawbreakers doesn't mean they should be free to continue breaking the law. I'm sure, with careful editing of the video, the part about them being told to leave was biasly left out.

I like how the video includes the comentary of a burn-out, whining about things he thinks he can change just by showing up with a large mob. "Boo hoo. When we break the law we get arrested. The government is sooo opressive." I feel sorry for the person who looks to this guy with respect and listen to his words. *snip*

Do we know what large mobs do? They riot. Especially the liberal masses who have no respect for the 'other side' or anyone who doesn't think like they do. I bet they would have loved to storm the building and string up everyone there, being the free thinking, open-minded humanitarians they are.

What sort of message would be sent to the world if a riot broke out at the RNC? Or any major political event? And does this mean that me and my friends should have shown up at the DNC, just to cause unrest? Just to whine about getting arrested when we're there unlawfully? Ignorance of the law doesn't mean you're exempt from it.

Though I tend to agree with the fact that there's a secret society out to put the common man down, I don't think this is one of their attempts at conditioning. These people don't represent me. I don't care that they were arrested. I am unsympathetic. I'm smart enough to know that when there is a large group, protesting, that its more then likely people will be arrested.

Lets not sugar coat things. If you show up at the RNC to protest, its more then likely you are one of the incredible number of ignorant, uninformed, misguided, idealistic, most likely drugged up, nothing better to do with your time liberal masses. These are the same people that show up to soldier funerals to heckle the families on mourning.

I'm glad they were arrested. I'm glad theres some sort of entity out there to keep these people in check. Because if there wasn't...The liberal, free thinking, open-mindend, humanitarian mob would take this country by use of violence. They would destroy everything they don't agree with, then with blood on their hands, turn around and say, 'look how happy we are now. And all we had to do was take the freedoms, rights, and lives away from the people we don't agree with.'

Anywhere else and they would have been locked up as political prisoners, and in extreme cases, those some ought 800 misdemeanor charges would be some ought 800 public executions. These people need to learn that being outspoken and noisy wont get them what they want.

Though I agree with their right to disagree, I disagree with their means. The liberal left side needs to start rethinking their stradegy if they want to be taken seriously in this country. Unfortunately, I doubt they will. Especially if I'm the one telling them...

MOD Note: Please Review This Link: Reference Drug Use

2e.) Illegal Activity: Discussion of illegal activities; specifically mind-altering drugs, computer hacking, criminal hate, sexual relations with minors, and stock scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites that contains discussion of such material.

[edit on 9/21/2008 by semperfortis]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mad Binxx

You go boy!!! clearly you have never had any real experience with the arm of the state or ever made your voice heard outside of your armchair...so holding a banner in the street on a corner or sitting in a park is unlawful assembly in your world???.... please....read your constitution and get back to me....

Here's another fact witnessed with my own eyes and experienced by me: Police tell you to disperse - you disperse - Police then go after you, beat you to the ground, and arrest you.....hmmmm... you had no weapon, you were complying with the officers request.. so what could be the motive for the arrest...???? Your POLITICS....and your unmitigated gaul to make your opinion public and voice it on the street no less...Blasphemy!!!!....

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I would like to know how each officer doing this, is able to sleep at night. Does anyone know what they feel about doing this? Does anyone know what they think of the way there govt. is treating everyone rights?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join