It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 dead in soccer witchcraft riot

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reddupo

Pick someone you love. PROVE you love them. Somethings are not tangible and cannot be subject to the standard means of evidence.

[edit on 16-9-2008 by Reddupo]

Are you saying that magic is an emotion? Emotions may not be provable, tangible things but magic is not an emotion. Magic is something that can be demonstrated. If it exsisted, the very nature of what it is means that it is either expressed or not. I can express love, does that prove it, no. If you can express magic, that is quite different.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Well I can't find out if he won or lost, but how can you prove that the magic did not affect the outcome in some way? You're talking about making a frog turn into a man but that's the disney definition of magic.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Kids, kids, gather round....

First I think its amazing that someone is persecuted for something that he or she believes. Imagine better yet, this is history someone tried to introduce the idea of zero to Aristotle and as wise as he was he refused to accept it because it wasnt apart of his foundation.(he did later and still refuse to calculate with it)

In my humble opinion, I believe that something exist where one can manipulate vibrations and create certain outcomes. For those who can accept scripture, they even mention it while speaking of The tower.If I were to play certain chordes on an organ, you would respond with "thats spooky" what is scary about these sounds and happy about ? It is not the sound is was the specific vibrations I created that gave thought which gave birth to a feeling. )Which is probably why the The early churches said it was forbidden to play polyphony.) Our planet and our universe works the same way, with the right cooridinates and the direct copy of vibrations one human or machine could create rain(a hurricane even), a gust of fresh wind, cures(retuning your vibration back to what it was designed to be, what we refer to as "healthy"),illnesses(distorting ones vibration, whats known as "sick"),whatever...

Witchcraft is a westernized category of all things that cant be explained with present science, like magic under the act lies a hidden technology or an unknown device. People were burned for saying they could perform incredible feats. The pre-americas were slaughtered for praying and maintaining the health of the land and atmosphere with rituals and ceremonies. We degrade them, get into filthy cars(not just the pollutants, the bacteria), and degrade the planet and our evolution with our trash and unnecessary filth in the name of "civilization". We could possibly learn from the people who can stop their heartbeats to roughly 25-35 bpm, or the guy who walks on glass, or the guy who can clearly create and change his brain waves From )A to B( to D() on command or the guy who somehow can create 3dimensional symbols or actions that equal the vibration to create an outcome rather than leaving it to the cycle.

for all of the nasty posters
why crucify someone for something you dont believe in.

weird story though just my 3 cents.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

Becaus they could easily prove it if it were real so they are kind of obligated to do so when expecting credibility. Which craft, voodoo, magic can all be done right? Is that not how you all know it is so true? Then come on over and do some. My door is always open to anyone that claims they can do magic. Come put a hex on me or whatever. This invite has stoof for years and so far...

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorningStar8741

Originally posted by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

Becaus they could easily prove it if it were real so they are kind of obligated to do so when expecting credibility. Which craft, voodoo, magic can all be done right? Is that not how you all know it is so true? Then come on over and do some. My door is always open to anyone that claims they can do magic. Come put a hex on me or whatever. This invite has stoof for years and so far...

You have seemed to ignore my post.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

Use magic to make me read it again.

I did not ignore your post. I found your statement useless. Is there something you forgot to add that would change anything I have said?

[edit on 17-9-2008 by MorningStar8741]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MorningStar8741

I can't prove it, or disprove it.

And neither can you.

So all I'm saying is stop acting like you can, because there's always a chance you aren't right. And arrogance is a quality that serves no benefit and we should all work to put an end to it.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

No, thanks but that is ok. I will be arrogant here. If I were to claim I invented a device, or new of a device that would make your car run on apples. I am pretty sure that claim would be worthless if noone ever saw it. So, magic, years and years and years......so far, nothing. Anyone out there that practices real magic? Please step forward and show us. I will accept the silence as confirmation that my arrogance is justified in this case.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I think some of these primitive like African cultures truly believe in witchcraft and are very superstitious.
I think there has to be some element of belief in it first before it can manifest itself into a persons physical reality.
Although having a riot based upon this may seem absurd to us to these people its very important.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   

And neither can you.

So all I'm saying is stop acting like you can, because there's always a chance you aren't right. And arrogance is a quality that serves no benefit and we should all work to put an end to it.

You honestly don't think the complete and utter lack of evidence for "magic" or anything of the sort qualifies as evidence? What kind of nutter are you? Do you believe in fairies, simply because no-ones ever not-found one to not-show you?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by C.C.Benjamin

I already clarified the difference. If bigfoot were real, perhaps noone had found him yet and that would still be a mystery. Magic as defined is a human practice. That means that if it exsists, all that need be done to prove it is for a human to demonstrate said pracice. That is quite different than hunting down creatures in the wild.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Penis shrinking witch doctor

This is what we are talking about here. Sure, these people believed that they had their penises stolen or shrunken. They were all convinced an evil magic had done it. Unfortunately, doctors could find their penis's intact and the same size it should be. Can you go find me the missing penis man from the witch doctor? Or is it that maybe they are a bit more superstitious than say, rational people.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   

I know, I'm on your side! I was replying to his post, not yours...

But what I was saying is, if there is no physical thing there at all, nothing to be proven, how could one provide him with proof of it's non-existence? You can't bring a pound of non-magic and say "see, I told you it doesn't exist!"

The only way one could even pretend to assume there is a "magic" force in the universe is to have some kind of evidence for it, for which there is none.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by C.C.Benjamin

Right, thanks. There is so far, absolutely none.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by C.C.Benjamin

And neither can you.

You honestly don't think the complete and utter lack of evidence for "magic" or anything of the sort qualifies as evidence? What kind of nutter are you? Do you believe in fairies, simply because no-ones ever not-found one to not-show you?

I read the last sentence wrong. My appologies. I kind of stopped after "what kind of nutter are you?" My bad. You make a great point and I just wish it was at the beginning of the statement. I hope noone else missed it as I did because it sums it all up quite well.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

In a universe of infinite possibilities, the paradox is a finite human brain.

Internet killed their imagination and the hippocampus shrunk....news at 5

As we age the cynical ego eats away at what remains of childhood fascination, until there's but a hull of a man with only doubt and then he loses his mind.

[edit on 17-9-2008 by Regenmacher]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   

You know, I would love someone to explain how someone could find water with just a stick. There ya go.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
The truest wisdom is the knowledge of ones own ignorance. Science clearly shows that our senses and perceptions are limited, therefore we should realize that there are things we can’t know. Just when did science become a religion anyway?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohioriver

You know, I would love someone to explain how someone could find water with just a stick. There ya go.

I would love to see someone do that under testing conditions and prove it works. As far as I can find there is no proof dowsing rods do anything more than any other talented charlatan could pull off, with or without toys.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It realy doesn't matter that anyone here believes or doesn't believes. The folks at that game believed it and got upset and crashed the party bigtime!!! With eleven dead and probably a whole heck of alot more injured, witchcraft seemed to matter a great deal!!

Zindo

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join