It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 dead in soccer witchcraft riot

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

Claim that it is not real given there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO THINK OTHERWISE AT ALL IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM.

Care to come see the invisible dragon in my garage?

Tell me that I do not have one. I dare you.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MorningStar8741

do you have proof that is is unbelievable? Witchraft is real.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by imd12c4funn
reply to post by MorningStar8741

do you have proof that is is unbelievable? Witchraft is real.

Yup!

I sure do.

Bring me a witchdoctor anyone who claims to perform this. I will prove they cannot.

In fact, I will offer a reward. How about $5000US dollars for the first person to present me with a person who can successfully perform witchraft in my presence.

How is that.

See, either you have to admit that I have an invisible dragon in my garage...or admit that just because there is a lack of evidence either way that the burden of proof is on me. I cannot prove a negative, neither can you. All things being equal, when we wake up is there an inherent reason to believe witchcraft and someone can prove it does not exsist? Or is it more likely that there is no reason to believe in it at all to begin with so now it must be proven by the people that bring it up that it does indeed exsist.

So, do I have an invisible dragon?

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorningStar8741
reply to post by Reddupo

Claim that it is not real given there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO THINK OTHERWISE AT ALL IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM.

Care to come see the invisible dragon in my garage?

Tell me that I do not have one. I dare you.

There's a reason. It's been a huge part of many people's lives in all of recorded history.

If it works for them, be it wizardry, be it placebo, be it supernatural, be it chance, there is no way to tell any differently. The only thing that is certain is that Person A claimed it was real and Person B claimed it wasn't. Person B cannot prove Person A was not using magic, so B should not claim that it was not magic.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

Yeah, um no. People thought all kinds of things for a long time. Flat earth, etc. That did not make any of that stuff true.

Person A and person B can bicker all night.

The burden of proof falls on anyone claiming that they themselves know that magic is real.

Why is this even going around and around.

Burden of proof lies with anyone who claims magic is real. That is all there is to it.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Reddupo

Yeah, um no. People thought all kinds of things for a long time. Flat earth, etc. That did not make any of that stuff true.

The burden of proof falls on anyone claiming that they themselves know that magic is real.

Burden of proof lies with anyone who claims magic is real. That is all there is to it.

And if your foot was broken, and a mongolian witchdoctor came to heal it who performed his ritual on you, and your foot remained broken what would you say? "I told you magic does not exist". He'd reply "your foot is broken still because you did not believe I could heal you." But rest assured many people from his tribe had been healed by him.

Why is magic such an integral part of indigenous society? It is not because it does not work. You could probably find thousands of people who have had amazing experiences with magic, but it's not videotaped or documented because where it happens is in jungles and undiscovered areas of the earth. You cannot approach a non-western subject with a western view point and expect everything to fit.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I first have a problem with their generic use of the term witchcraft. The use of magic can be religious specific, with different connotations, intentions, etc.

For example, as a pagan, I personally do not use magic, as I have seen it do powerful things. But many wiccans and pagans do not engage in it for this reason. And the outcomes are unpredictable at best, and usually results in the loss of something else. In the wiccan/pagan arena, many sects have strong rules regarding its use. Also for this reason. Like never using it on someone without their permission. someone could be dying, but if they do not give their consent for healing magic, it won't be performed.
And for the simple reason, that there are certain fates in store for people, and practising magic can interfere with that.

Now I have talked to people who have witnessed some interesting and strong magic. But something on this scale would be very powerful, and I have never known anyone who would be remotely capable of influencing something as powerful as a sporting event. That would require skill on a unprecented scale.

If by some fluke someone had these monumental capabilites, I can't imagine it be put to the use of influencing something like a soccer game.
Unless they have a lot of money riding on it.But it would be at the risk of great personal expense.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reddupo

reply to post by Reddupo

And if your foot was broken, and a mongolian witchdoctor came to heal it who performed his ritual on you, and your foot remained broken what would you say? "I told you magic does not exist". He'd reply "your foot is broken still because you did not believe I could heal you." But rest assured many people from his tribe had been healed by him.

Why is magic such an integral part of indigenous society? It is not because it does not work. You could probably find thousands of people who have had amazing experiences with magic, but it's not videotaped or documented because where it happens is in jungles and undiscovered areas of the earth. You cannot approach a non-western subject with a western view point and expect everything to fit.

That is pretty simple. I would hang out until a faithful person breaks something. I would make sure it was really broken. I would observe the ritual and remain until either the foot was healed magically, or until it took as long to heal back up as it would naturally and declare it not magic.

See, I guess what you miss is that even if I have no faith, I can observe the faithful. I can also quantify a broken limb. So...bring me this witch doctor and I will be happy to.

You keep trying to oversimplify in order to justify but for any kind of magic, if there is a way to perform it, there is a way to observe it. It is that simple.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join