It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost cat caught on camera?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Now, I know I said in my last thread I would stop posting interesting pictures because of the shear amount of negative people on this site; However, I really don't think that would be fair to all the people actually searching for quality digital evidence........

So here we go again

My friend's cat, Squeak, died on New Year's Eve 2007. She was a well loved pet and her passing was very hard on them. The next day her daughter was testing the camera on her new cell phone and decided to take a photo of the chair where her cat had loved to sit. When she reviewed the photo she found this image. They were very surprised, but also comforted that Squeak seemed to still be with them.

www.coasttocoastam.com...

I can think of only two things this can be...

One being and optical illusion, created by either the wooden chair having a pillow, or a refraction/reflection of light off the well lit couch.

Or two, we have what looks like an outline of a deceased cat

It takes a bit of matrixing to see the cat face.. But, with the amount of people on this site claiming to see ghost cats (including some mods) in their own homes, I thought I would post this to get their opinions on whether this is what a ghost cat would look like or not....

Also the typical depressed teenager responses are welcome too......

Thanks

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Wow that's a very interesting way to cheer up a long day. Well nice post you have a flag from me friend!

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Elemensa

Thats very kind of you to say that

Thanks for starting my thread off on a good note

[edit on 15-9-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Well, don't want to rain on your parade, haha, but couldn't it be a double exposure?

Basically, for any of these what you really want to see is a 'photographic negative' and not only the developed image. That doesn't prevent tampering or double exposures. It's just a better 'source' image with which to work.

I did a quick and dirty paste using a 'transparent' paste.

...again, this doesn't prove your image is not a ghost cat. Just demonstrating one possibility.

Thanks for your post.

PS- just noticed it was a cell phone image so that kind of rules out a 'double exposure' and probably a photoshop, but to verify it would be important to have the original in-phone image, of course

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 15/9/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Ah...I have shown it to my cat and asked her for her opinion on this kind of foggie appearance. She snooped deeply and gave a loud and clear "purr", so this is def a cat...must have been a cute and friendly one otherwise my cat would have hissed

Nice one...

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
ok here's what i think...

first off its a great picture
secondly, it's an illusion imo.

the illusion is created by the cushion on the chair, the quilt's pattern and light from the window. the cushion on the chair in the background makes the outline of the cat's ear. light shining on the bulging cushion where the "cat" is sitting casts the outline of the cat's body and front legs. the eyes are shown by the quilt's patterns.

yet i still say it's a great pic. i love pareidolia. star from me

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Sliick

I tend to swing toward illusion......

Its really hard to tell.......I still cant rule out it being a ghost cat because of the story involved. It just looks so interesting......Its a really cool optical illusion if it is one though!

Thanks for the replies people!

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Looks slightly like a cat at first but it's the cushion on the chair in the background making it work I think.

Basicly block the ear(cushion part) with your finger and the picture seems normal enough so I will go with Illusion.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
the poster above is right.
when you cover the ear it looks just like the chair would in the light.

i covered it for you all (very poorly in paint)

its just the parts of the couch where it ripples and the quilt thing and stuff, that make it look like that. Its just the thing that looks like the ear which makes it look like a cat, but that could be anything

looks good though

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
optical illusion as stated by slick.
that pretty much solves this lets move on please.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Okies call me a sucker - but I think its the real thing - spirit kitty using what was available (light refractions and cell phone technology) to let her friends know that she's okay and still loves her old chair....you guys have no romance in your souls ....come on - stretch those grinchy hearts a half size larger..... crickey!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I find it hard to believe that no-one has questioned the purpose of this photo?!!

Why take a photo of a chair with a camera phone???!!!

This is what screams hoax, or as stated in one of my threads, someone has just taken photos and thought "hey, looks like you could take that as a ghost, OFA CAT!!!"

It's bogus in my eyes.

Why take that photo? That really annoys me!

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I think it may indeed be possible that a much beloved member of the family came back to say good bye or it could be an illusion either way it's interesting.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   

My friend's cat, Squeak, died on New Year's Eve 2007. She was a well loved pet and her passing was very hard on them. The next day her daughter was testing the camera on her new cell phone and decided to take a photo of the chair where her cat had loved to sit. When she reviewed the photo she found this image. They were very surprised, but also comforted that Squeak seemed to still be with them.

So I may have missed that. But still. This is quite clearly a hoax. You can see its a pillow, how it can be a ghost cat is just wishful thinking.

Because it's apparantly a cat, all of a sudden it becomes more likely to be a ghost than if someone could make out a person?

Oh my god................denying ignorance has reached a new low here now!
Wheres the debate? Why are some of you jumping in and believing this is a cat ghost!?

Ah mi dios......

Apart from the corner of the pillow (or ear) what is there that has feline qualities? NOTHING!!!

[edit on 16-9-2008 by TheOmen]

[edit on 16-9-2008 by TheOmen]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
thats not a ghost its relfecting from the sun to the cushion.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

optical illusion as stated by slick.
that pretty much solves this lets move on please.

Um, you need to edit your post.
You forgot to add the "IN MY OPINION" part.
You are not the end all and end say to this post - far from it.
I am - so there.

Great Ghost cat pic!
I love this one! Flagged and starrrrred!
I'll pull out the pic I have of my ghost brid (no joke).
I had it on Coast to Coat web for a while - maybe it's still there.
Anyway, be back in a bit to post it!

I can almost here the purrrrr!
Again, great pic!

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOmen

I find it hard to believe that no-one has questioned the purpose of this photo?!! Why take a photo of a chair with a camera phone???!!! Why take that photo? That really annoys me!

I found this photo in between some pics of me (camera set on (2) auto shot - I was shooting some photos to send to my parents.)
Coast to Coast loved it.
Oh, and out of nearly 300 emails I received from the post/picture - not one person said - “Why take that photo? That really annoys me! ”...
LOL - consider yourself, um...Unique...

Heck I’ll just post the pic here and if you want to read the story behind it you can go to the link.

Hey, Maybe those two are hanging together somewhere *out there*!

Geesh why not! They both made it on to C2C and ATS!

...pussy-cat pussy-cat where have you beeeeeeen...

[edit on 16-9-2008 by silo13]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Probably no real need for this but I just did it anyway I changed the background to show the effect it has. I'm not that skilled but I tried to do it as fairly as I can.

I'm sure someone else could do it a lot more profesionally but I think this is probably enough to show the effect and the lack of a cat.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Ghost bird!!!!!

Very cool!

I believe its a quick movement of an actual bird, moved while the camera was taking the picture.

Unless you didn't own a bird......Then that would be a fascinating picture!

Thanks for sharing

To the poster that wanted a debate.....

I pretty much covered the angles of debate, optical illusion or cat on film.....

Its either of the two, its interesting none the less, why debate when clearly both sides are covered and out in the open?

Rabble rabble rabble, its a cat, rabble rabble rabble, its a couch.......

Doesn't really solve anything.....

Just look at the picture, its as easy as that

[edit on 16-9-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

[edit on 16-9-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Teknikal

Thanks for taking the time to do that!

Looks fantastic!

Your point has been made very clearly...

However, I can still see the outline of a cat sitting on the chair.

Even the back of the cat and part of the tail.

I should try and enhance the part Im talking about, as its really hard to see.

Thanks!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join