It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lab Looking For Visitors From Another Dimension

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Lab Looking For Visitors From Another Dimension

www.sciam.com

The detection of extra dimensions beyond the familiar four—the three dimensions of space and one of time—would be among the most earth-shattering discoveries in the history of physics. Now scientists at the Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory in Batavia, Ill., are designing a new experiment that would investigate tantalizing hints that extra dimensions may indeed exist.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Well, between the CERN Large Hadron Collider (LHC), and now "Fermilab" in Batavia, Illinois, we should end up discovering quite a bit about Extra-Dimensions.

The amount of Data Produced between ALL of these facilities is so immense, that even the LHC's Collision records from only a Single Day would take-up the Memory of every last Hard-Drive on Earth. So imagine just how vast the information gained from such testing truly is. These are truly exciting times for Quantum and Theoretical Physics.

www.sciam.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
great post, i definitely had to star this and flag it.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Wow humans.

Where does it go from here?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It would spoil the sensational headline if I tell you that they are just testing a hypothesis (means a wild guess) that some neutrinos (subatomic particles) may have properties hinting towards more than 3 physical dimension.

Well, best of luck to them...

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
sooner or later, one of these experiments is going to open a portal to other dimensions. Then thats when the crazy ish will begin, because through that will come all types of who knows whats. perhaps that what 2012 is all about

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

That's exactly what I think. And I don't think there's anything "experimental" about it.

They know what they're doing. And there's no way they're going to tell us what it is.

Fortunately for them, most people with questions about what they're doing are satisfied by the lies of the deceivers.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Reminds me of the guy who called Alex who was completely freaked out by the "inter-dimensional beings" the military was hiding.....

That was one freaky call. Anyone know if that was ever debunked?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
reply to post by dominicus

That's exactly what I think. And I don't think there's anything "experimental" about it.

They know what they're doing. And there's no way they're going to tell us what it is.

Fortunately for them, most people with questions about what they're doing are satisfied by the lies of the deceivers.

yeah its sad, i can post about what Ive heard and read.

art bell had guests who called into his show claiming to be from other dimensions. They went into moderate details on the fact that many spin-offs of our instance of earth exist. Nazis won in one dimension, electric cars and alien/humans working together in another.

I like to think one day we can tour other safe dimensions, where people are mostly civilized, but we must consider the fabric of things in our filanderings in new science, who knows our dimensions could blink out of existence or be set astray from positive advancement by interdimensional underminers.

I for one have long been intrigued by this science. Ive heard examples of time travel machines. Interdimensional must work with our physiology and em field altering frequencies and patterns to inverse, the inverse again in through a door created by a device.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
They should take a trip to the skin-walker ranch in Utah. That place appears to be LOADED with all manner of interdimensional creatures and beings. One of the scientists investigating there claims to have seen a hairy humanoid creature climb through some sort of an energetic doorway, or worm-hole, and hit the ground running.

This type of stuff is very fascinating IMO.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I have not seen an interesting topic in months on ATS with all the political crap and country bashing posts. Thank you. It is news stories like this one that brought me here to ATS many years ago. Starred - cool stuff. I am really starting to believe that we are on the verge of a great breakthrough.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This is what i would expect interdimensial beings to be like. In these photo of an 'Alien', it looks like it is Entering our dimension

/\From Aliens /\

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Sounds like a science scam.
They should get lost in another dimension and not the heaven one.

They should be lucky to get answers from their prayers to get
help from heaven in this endeavor tantamount to blasphemy.

Like Nimrod building a tower to heaven.
They have dodo for brains if the think if they believe what the say.
MK-Ultra claims new victims every day, especially in science.

ED: From the OP link:

String theorists, who seek to unify the laws of gravity with those of quantum mechanics, have long predicted the existence of extra dimensions. Some physicists have proposed that nearly all the particles in our universe may be confined to a four-dimensional “brane” embedded within a 10-dimensional “bulk.” But a putative particle called the sterile neutrino, which interacts with other particles only through gravity, would be able to travel in and out of the brane, taking shortcuts through the extra dimensions. In 2005 Heinrich Päs, now at the University of Dortmund in Germany, Sandip Pakvasa of the University of Hawaii and Thomas J. Weiler of Vanderbilt University predicted that the extradimensional peregrinations of sterile neutrinos would increase the probability of flavor oscillations at low energies—exactly the result found at MiniBooNE two years later.

The law of gravity is top secret and the Illuminati will never let these
doedoes discover it. Tesla had all kinds of particles generated from
his bulbs and not just x-Rays, which he discovered as a consequence.
High voltage and not spinning in a circle finds new particles.
Yeah, all in the same dimension... 3D where we are to find it.

[edit on 9/12/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Im no scientist, but I do wonder how the detection of neutrinos changing state in liquid-argon is any sort of proof of other dimensions. I have a gut instinct that other dimensions are there, but the science behind it really baffles me. Says in the SciAm article that the "detector" wont be ready until 2011. Says the scientists are Fermilab are aware of the anomaly of the neurtinos being charged by some phenomena. I may be reading this all wrong, but does their hypothesis assert the neutrinos are becoming charge in another dimension? I am assuming they believe the charged partical has some sort of signature?? Really it sounds to me like they have already "detected" it, but just can't explain it.

If they are able to detect other dimension(s) do exist, it will only be a matter of time before it is exploited. Pretty amazing stuff, also pretty scary.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Imagine if it were like Stephen King's The Mist. The short story was awesome, the movie was so-so. In the movie, the military opens a dimensional hole that lets some rather nasty inter-dimensional wildlife in that aren't really too pet-friendly.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Illumintainment supports crimes of the Illuminati.

Other dimensions bull is lies to protect the speedy UFO which
they refuse to explain.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
Illumintainment supports crimes of the Illuminati.

Other dimensions bull is lies to protect the speedy UFO which
they refuse to explain.

What's up with the off-topic rhetoric?? x2 Do you have a beef with real science? Do you believe that Fermilab is run by Illuminati? What crime? What UFO?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
sooner or later, one of these experiments is going to open a portal to other dimensions. Then thats when the crazy ish will begin, because through that will come all types of who knows whats. perhaps that what 2012 is all about

".Re 9:1 ¶ And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

.2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.

.3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.

4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads."

source: DA BIBLE. (Book of Revelation)

So then, what does this possibly mean? Well, the only "bottomless pit" I can think of that could be proven to exist by science would be a black hole of sorts, considering that all matter is taken in; it would seem like a bottomless pit, even though technically a blackhole isn't even a hole or "pit". To a 1st Century A.D. man exiled on the isle of Patmos seeing it in a vision? Yes, a black hole and a bottomless pit would seem synonymous, and even more so .. locusts coming up out of the pit harming men would also be the only way to describe such a vision if indeed creatures came out of the blackhole. Just some wacky food for thought on the fringe bible/science tip ..

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by runetang

Originally posted by dominicus

".Re 9:1 ¶ And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

.2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.

.3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.

4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads."

source: DA BIBLE. (Book of Revelation)

So then, what does this possibly mean? Well, the only "bottomless pit" I can think of that could be proven to exist by science would be a black hole of sorts, considering that all matter is taken in; it would seem like a bottomless pit, even though technically a blackhole isn't even a hole or "pit". To a 1st Century A.D. man exiled on the isle of Patmos seeing it in a vision? Yes, a black hole and a bottomless pit would seem synonymous, and even more so .. locusts coming up out of the pit harming men would also be the only way to describe such a vision if indeed creatures came out of the blackhole. Just some wacky food for thought on the fringe bible/science tip ..

I was about to post the same scripture from Revelation 9. The interseting thing is that in order to open the bottomless pit (hole), a key was needed. Keys open doors. When it gets opened these scorpion like things come out and attempt to feed on mankind, but God prevents it.

From this I perceive some things. It has to be another dimension that is opened by the use of some "key" making a doorway into our world. There is no bottom yet things come out of it that live there, so it is a world of sorts. Also the scorpion like creatures are intelligent because they are told what to do.

Mankind is not as intelligent as he thinks. Eventually they are going to open a dimensional doorway and out of that dimension creatures will come through.

But also notice in Revelation 20
1 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2 He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; 3 and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.

Again the key is used to shut the door to the bottomless pit with Satan inside it. He is forced into that demension and kept there a thousand years.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by Fromabove]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reddupo
Wow humans.

Where does it go from here?

Well, we humans have done such a fine job of lousing up this dimensional reality it is our duty to screw up everyone else's reality. Even if they reside outside our dimension.

Who ever said the human race couldn't play well with others or share from time to time.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join