It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lab Looking For Visitors From Another Dimension

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I was just doing some research on Fermilab and they've been smashing protons at near the speed of light for years. They said that the next generation of colliders (CERN) will make it possible to create black holes at far less power than first thought. So I would say you're right that they are just doing stuff and doing the math later.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Check this out.. what is holding up the rain.
Anyone study meteorology.
What about electricity.
Water is very heavy and each one has a non metallic insulated
piece of dirt at the center.
A bolt of lightning releases the charges and it pours rain.
Use that electrical atmosphere and sail the Cosmos.
The government backed liars and big time science money granters
will not let you use the power in the atmosphere just as they
shut down Tesla before the Foo became known in 1944.
Higher voltage than X-Ray potentials might pull out many more
particles from metals, no need to spin around in a circle.
What is the weight of a black hole.
Tom Thumb pulled out a plum... what did Tesla find?
His work is still top secret and does any one think science is
funded according to Tesla's atomic science, I think the funders
order the parts to go in some messed up direction.

[edit on 9/13/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mapsurfer_

The key to finding other dimensions lies in finding an apparent violation of conservation of mass/energy, or finding fields whose effects (forces for example) are inversely proportional to the distance raised to the third power or higher.

Basically, if there is a net loss of mass or energy, we can hypothesize that the lost mass or energy went.... elsewhere... to another "dimension". When a collision between a proton and another proton occurs, the resulting particle "Spray" that flies away from the collision point should show a conservation of momentum. If we are unable to measure with our 3D instruments this conservation of momentum, then some particles have gone somewhere "else" or traveled at right angles from all the other known dimensions...

Other ways that one can end up with another dimensions is by looking at fields that follow some kind of inverse law with distance. Depending on the number of dimensions, forces resulting from fields will decay in inverse proportion to the distance raised to a power equal to the number of dimensions for the field's existence minus one. So, in one dimension, if there was a force field, it would not decrease at any distance. In two dimensions, it would decrease linearly, and in three dimensions, we usually find inverse square fields.

So if one were to find a field whose effect (or force) decreases at ... say ... the inverse of the cube of the distance, then that might suggest a fourth dimension.

I am no physicist and no mathematician, so for proof or further explanation of this, I can't answer many questions, but hopefully some of the material in this post can serve as a starting point to google for more information.

-rrr

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Revelation?

People here on ATS seem to be getting closer to achieving a greater understanding of the coming of a true Revelation.

A new millenium?

2012 has meaning though who here feels they have understanding as to it's true meaning?

Electromagnetism. Works for planets, how about 'other' forms of 'transportation'?

Who here is interested in underground bunkers and why?

I heard that Walker lost skin on the ranch?

Other dimensions in time and space?

Greys?

Interested reading though has anyone put these ideas and many others together for a greater understanding of the truth?

What does truth have to do with the near term?

Could one handle the truth if it were exposed to them and contrary to neuro-programming?

Just curious as to hear the replies.

I'm a fly on the wall here, don't intend to 'hijack' the thread but rather to add to it's diameter.

Samuel Adams,
If men, through fear, fraud, or mistake, should in terms renounce or give up any natural right, the eternal law of reason and the grand end of society would absolutely vacate such renunciation. The right to freedom being the gift of Almighty God, it is not in the power of man to alienate this gift and voluntarily become a slave.

Maxwell Anderson, quotes about NWO:
When a government takes over a people’s economic life it becomes absolute, and when it has become absolute it destroys the arts, the minds, the liberties and the meaning of the people it governs.

Could it be

But also notice in Revelation 20
1 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2 He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; 3 and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.

Regardless of any or all of the above.
Is it not true that truth is self evident?
Is it not true that 'shadows' are merely shadows of a greater truth?
Who stands to benefit and why?
Those who seek answers usually find what their looking for.
Does this mean they are ready for that which they seek?

How does one define power and who claims to have it?
If one has 'power' do they have sapience as their guide?
"Seek and ye shall find?"
Does this statement not speak of self evident truth?
If not, why not?

Regardless of what we hear, see, feel, smell and taste, is it to be trusted to be the truth?

Do human beings have a sixth sense inherent and exclusive to humanity and if so, why?

Is there a 'matrix' society where truth is found for those who have courage and conviction enough to discover it?

Assuming one were to know an encompassing truth, should it be held tight at the reigns or does mankind have the ability to share it wisely?

This may prove to be the question of the millenium.

[edit on 9/14/2008 by oceanaut1]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
This is news to me. I DROVE RIGHT PAST Fermilab 2 hours ago coming back from a friends house. Nice big area on my GPS system. Whatever information with CERN and FERMI that is gained in the next year or two should be momentous to say the least, I think most would agree with that.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
They should take a trip to the skin-walker ranch in Utah. That place appears to be LOADED with all manner of interdimensional creatures and beings. One of the scientists investigating there claims to have seen a hairy humanoid creature climb through some sort of an energetic doorway, or worm-hole, and hit the ground running.

This type of stuff is very fascinating IMO.

hey, any possible way that you can source that? I'd love to read that account. Anything from a credible witness and I am alllllll for it!

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Pretty interesting! But darn! Seeing the word 'visitors' in the article, I thought they were looking for aliens with horns and a scaly skin who may be popping out of extra dimensions!Lol!
But alas! It turns out to be a fourth kind of non nondescript neutrino that may be bouncing in and out of extra dimensions.

Who the heck is bothered by some vague theoretical neutrino?? We wanna see them discover real aliens bouncing around instead, what?

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Let's get back to 'our' world.

Can truth set one free?

Has anyone heard it lately?

We mean to change this asap.

Samuel Adams,
If men, through fear, fraud, or mistake, should in terms renounce or give up any natural right, the eternal law of reason and the grand end of society would absolutely vacate such renunciation. The right to freedom being the gift of Almighty God, it is not in the power of man to alienate this gift and voluntarily become a slave.

Maxwell Anderson, quotes about NWO:
When a government takes over a people’s economic life it becomes absolute, and when it has become absolute it destroys the arts, the minds, the liberties and the meaning of the people it governs.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

The amount of Data Produced between ALL of these facilities is so immense, that even the LHC's Collision records from only a Single Day would take-up the Memory of every last Hard-Drive on Earth.

So how are they storing the data???

*line 2*

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
"They went thata way" we should tell them.

This 'other dimension' gimmick is another cast and dried copy to
throw everyone off from non Relativistic science.

And the 'visitor' bull is thrown in for good measure.

Ask the Alpha particle how it became Helium, by picking up two
electrons in a ride through the stuff between atoms.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
Check this out.. what is holding up the rain.
Anyone study meteorology.
What about electricity.
Water is very heavy and each one has a non metallic insulated
piece of dirt at the center.
A bolt of lightning releases the charges and it pours rain.
Use that electrical atmosphere and sail the Cosmos.
The government backed liars and big time science money granters
will not let you use the power in the atmosphere just as they
shut down Tesla before the Foo became known in 1944.
Higher voltage than X-Ray potentials might pull out many more
particles from metals, no need to spin around in a circle.
What is the weight of a black hole.
Tom Thumb pulled out a plum... what did Tesla find?
His work is still top secret and does any one think science is
funded according to Tesla's atomic science, I think the funders
order the parts to go in some messed up direction.

Wow, you really need to lay off the... whatever it is you are consuming. People who say things like you do turn people away from this site.

I had a physics professor who used to work at Fermilab as a particle physicist. He was obviously in on the illuminati lie.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psychopump

The amount of Data Produced between ALL of these facilities is so immense, that even the LHC's Collision records from only a Single Day would take-up the Memory of every last Hard-Drive on Earth.

*line 2*

On their secret illuminati storage devices.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Lab Looking For Visitors From Another Dimension

www.sciam.com

The detection of extra dimensions beyond the familiar four—the three dimensions of space and one of time—would be among the most earth-shattering discoveries in the history of physics. Now scientists at the Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory in Batavia, Ill., are designing a new experiment that would investigate tantalizing hints that extra dimensions may indeed exist.

(visit the link for the full news article)

You know this paranoid bull...t is getting tiring. Those scientists are not looking for alines in another dimension. They are looking to see if there are extra dimensions (as in MATHS !!! DUH!!!) that would explain why we do not yet have a unified theory.

String theory has 11 dimensions of which 6 are wrapped up in a calabi-yau shape at the sub atomic level...in theory! Does that extend itself to a theory of multi dimensional invasion by beings from a parallel universe? NOPE, cos that kind of stuff is what happens when you use the same words (sub...space...dimension etc) and make a sci-fi story out of it. Star Trek is great at that!

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
so does this mean I have to find a new place to hide?....

Gee is nothing sacred anymore? ..*mutters to himself*-*looking through toolbox* .... I am going to need a different vacation spot if they keep up these experiments... lol

[edit on 9/15/2008 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oreyeon
Imagine if it were like Stephen King's The Mist. The short story was awesome, the movie was so-so. In the movie, the military opens a dimensional hole that lets some rather nasty inter-dimensional wildlife in that aren't really too pet-friendly.

Fascinating
yea
that reminds me of my fav game half life, the first game starts off with similar theme,, no1 game of all time funny how fantasy precedes fact

peace
kirky

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician

Originally posted by Psychopump

*line 2*

On their secret illuminati storage devices.

LOL, it does leave one to wonder, does it not? From what I have heard, at CERN's LHC at least, they are running a program which collects the 100 Highest Quality "Hits", or Results each day. I can only imagine however how they would manage to store the VAST data presented through the creation of Black-Holes, Quasars, etc. Can you imagine what the processor speed must be throughout their system?

Raw Data from the Detectors (In terms of Processing) amounts to 300 Gigabytes Every Second. After the Filtering Process, this Data Stream is toned down to 300 Megabytes Every Second (Similar to a Transformer in an Electrical Grid). They have an ENORMOUS Computer Bank, but despite that, they are still sending Data out to Different Tier Levels, such as Universities all around the World. They are doing this for Processing efficiency, and Data Back-up.

Also, as I had counted on, they are beginning the "LHC@home" Program, similar to the "SETI@home" Program which utilizes a Screen Saver on home computers to speed up the process of sorting through data. You can download the Program through "Boinc". As a matter of fact, here is the link for the Program Information: LHC@home

Remember as well, this is ONLY for CERN's LHC. We still have The Fermilab (Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory), as well as a Number of Collider and Research Facilities around the world. Fermilab however is the First one to actually notice Particle effects only explainable through Extra-Dimensions. The LHC and Fermilab are most likely going to learn from one Another, and truly push the limit in terms of Experimental Research.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jephers0n

Originally posted by dominicus
sooner or later, one of these experiments is going to open a portal to other dimensions. Then thats when the crazy ish will begin, because through that will come all types of who knows whats. perhaps that what 2012 is all about

This thread, and post reminds me of 'Half-Life'.

You know... The game where the government/a corporation opens up an inter-dimensional rift, through which we are invaded by flesh eating, zombie making, ugly electrical beam shooting, slimy aliens.

I personally can't wait to walk around brandishing a crowbar, cracking invading scum over the face(s).

bingo
was thinking the same thingy ref my post
peace respect for no1 game
kirky

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
All human beings have a "third eye" existing within the brain, which humans does not use anymore.When one opens this "third eye", one can see into other dimensions. The higher level you open it to the more you can see. My buddhist Master opened my "third eye" 3 years ago, since then I have seen many beings flying and floating in other dimensions. Most beings in other dimensions have abilities that we think are supernormal.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBadge

Why I believe he must be let out for a little while..

the nations (meaning yes, there will be regular people who are not in their glorified bodies -like Jesus had after his resurrection) that are living during the millenial reign of Jesus Christ on the earth. They will have to go through a time of testing/rebellion as we had earlier. (described as the Great Tribulation.) The reason why I say we, is I believe we are the generation that will see the Great Tribulation.

Sorry if it doesn't make sense, hope I was clear.

[edit on 15-9-2008 by Good2Go]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
What is a really sorry state of affairs is the way we are trying, currently to 'validate' string theory. String theory is not falsifiable since there are so many free parameters that there are more possible string theories than the number of atoms in the universe.

What this means is that you can take virtually any set of observable parameters and find a string theory that fits it. So finding agreement in one area for one particular theory means virtually nothing.

Physics has got into a bit of a mess by insisting on obtaining theories of everything and then treating them like some kind of religion, including it's own office of the inquisition. Namely stodgy scientists on the review boards of the major journals.

Perhaps as an engineer I prefer the engineering approach: develop a set of working equations that model the physics of the problem at hand and don't worry about theories of everything, or the religion behind them.

Because of this people like Tom Van Flandern and Alton Harp, who raise very valid objections to dark matter, red shift and the current theory of cosmology, are discounted.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join