It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LHC End of World in 2 days!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
It'd be cooler if the entire earth was transported to another dimension. Preferably one with psychokinesis

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The US Gov. stopped the project before the construction even started. And even if micro-black holes may appear, they would desintegrate immediately. And if not, some scientifics want to produce electricity with it. After all, why not ?

Happy world end, to thoses who believes our poor little Earth would be the entier world !

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
What the hell is this? Why do we need another thread to add to the 30 or so that have been created in the last month?

Are we gonna have another thread tomorrow as well to continue the fear mongering

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ben420

does anybody know what time the LHC will be turned on?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Theyre showing something on history channel about it right now....
The way it sounds, theyre trying to create some pretty ballistic conditions.
I wasnt scared about this whole thing until I actually listened and paid attention to what they're actually trying to do. Sounds crazy to me.
-Z-

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
A 27km long Underground Nuke bunker.

$12 billion dollars for an Underground Hilton.

peace.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Why in the would they do that, risking the lives of everyone on Earth... I mean like why dont they just take a rocket into outer space or something and check it out because I wouldnt want someone risking my life or others for something that can lead to death so early....

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
My god how many times do people have to tell everyone here. September 10 is just when they turn the machine on, it is NOT WHEN THE PARTICLES WILL BE COLLIDED. The actual collision of protons will not take place until supposedly October at the earliest if everything goes according to plan. If not then it could take far longer like someone mentioned maybe even a year or more. Things in this giant machine don't just happen overnight it took a bloody year or so for all the giant magnets just to cool down to a certain operating temperature. NOTHING will occur on september 10, the beam will only be turned on but nothing will be collided calm down. The collision is officially scheduled for mid october.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
NOBODY HAS A CLUE WHAT WILL HAPPEN !!!

Science is best quess.
so, its a risk.

these people are risking it all.

Saying that, if it works, it could change the world forever.
imagine being able to controll and harness this power with 100% safety.

this is what could happen .

1. nothing
2. it will break and $£ Billions are wasted
3. we just vanish
4. the facility blows up
5. half of Europe blows up
6. it works
7. a black hole is created and sucks us into in in seconds
8. a black hole is created and sucks us in over a few weeks/months/years
9. all of the above in 1 go
10. "add your own"

i am putting £5 on number 2

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
heres another article on it.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

scroll down and check out the picture of it. it looks badly like an eye.
it proberbly means nothing, but might be of intrest to those who see something in the pyramid/eye symboligoly having some significance in other world affairs and events.

just thought i'd point it out incase it had meaning. you see this symbolism everywhere.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
This time tomorrow night we will be discussing that large hadron explosion, that's it.

This puppy is going to blow and not a single soul is going to get out of it alive.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I heard that in order to disrupt the energy of the universe CERN would need at least the power of our sun, so we literally have nothing to be worried about... can anyone verify this?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I think everyone should have a read of this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I think you are going to feel very stupid tomorow as will all the others Duped in to thinking the world is going to end! Spagetification sounds like a horible way to die if these people are so sure the world is going to end why dont they take there own lives!

Answer: because they know there are full of crap!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
*shrugs* meh,they're gonna do what they want anyway,may aswell kick off your shoes,lean back and watch the show.

Is that what Superman would say!!!? NO WAY!

Just kidding lol

Anyway what's really gonna happen is that a portal will open and aliens will come through to earth with it, like in Half Life, lol

[edit on 9-9-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I don't believe anything catastrophic will happen withing this initial stages of start up! Maybe in 3 weeks though! I don't know!

But, I do wonder about the motives of such a grand machine? I agree that they speak truth about what they "may" find, but i wonder if that's why they made it?

Two beams traveling at almost light speed, passing so closely to each other, even without collision, has not been tested i don't think!

I just wonder what that may cause in itself!

Like, if we have been in contact with E.T.s for so many years, would we not know what would happen with the LHD, considering how advanced they are? Would they not of told us?

Just a theory!

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
This article says that actual particle collisions won't be carried out for some time. The activation tomorrow is simply the first complete particle circuit for the accelerator.

news.zdnet.co.uk...

I also read in another article many months ago that in the theories which hold that there is a very small probability (almost zero, but not quite) of a sustainable singularity forming, it would still take many years - perhaps decades - for us to know that it had happened.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LHC_2008

yeah, right

They won't be smashing particles into each other for about 6 weeks.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04
This article says that actual particle collisions won't be carried out for some time. The activation tomorrow is simply the first complete particle circuit for the accelerator.

ABC News video clip, with Australian scientist with CERN, said that 2 protons will be injected today, and in about 3 weeks, collide them!

www.abc.net.au...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join