It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LHC End of World in 2 days!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I was planning to be there but circumstances may mean that I can't go - so watch this space.!

Ross

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Will Do! The media event is being held in Geneva right?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
it sounds a bit like one of those nuts that walk round london with a billboard screaming the end of the world is comming
but you got a cyber version

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by nomadrush

If you do go, you will score major ATS points if you capture pics or vid of the event and share it with the community

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I hope to go but flights., hotels etc proving a bit costly and I have a national newspaper trying to buy my press pass!

Ross

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Has anyone noticed a mass exodus of celestial being and other aliens in the night skies?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by LHC_2008

What the hell is wrong with these mad scientist its not like we have another world to migrate too or do they know something we don't.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Personally, I really doubt that the world is going to end after the activation of the LHC. Most likely is that it will be switched on and nothing will happen, just another scare! However, I suppose thats theres always a possibility.

I for one though will not be frightened closing my eyes tonight when I go to sleep.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Well, if the world come to end in 2 days, i should kick my boss, my wife and have a very cold beer. I think if, those "mad Sci-" don't end the world tomorow, Russians and Americans will do that very soom. No worry about the end, worry about the Dinos and Dragons that their can bring back to earth. Those people are MAD, lets just live and leave the madness to politics. See you all here on friday.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
This is funny, but even funnier:

They just did a report on the news about LHC at no point did they mention a blackhole, but the animation in the backround was two lights crashing together in the center of the Earth and then the Earth starts sucking in on itself.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Has anyone noticed a mass exodus of celestial being and other aliens in the night skies?

Actually I saw something two days ago. I couldn't decide it was HAARP, the Aurora itself or UFOs. It was eight moving points, which are simply raced through the sky silently in formation with a pretty high speed and disappeared after a few moments. And no, it wasn't an airplane or a mass of military fighter jets, that's sure (I know them very well and those points wasn't jets.).

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Another case of fear trying to overcome reason.

For once and for all: no bad things will happen when they activate the LHC

External quote

However, studies done by CERN show that the energies generated will be too low to make black holes. Also, due to a weird effect called Hawking radiation, the tiny black holes would evaporate instantly. The two litigants, however, say that Hawking radiation is not an established fact, and therefore we should be more careful. While that’s technically true, they forgot something important: the same rules of quantum physics that make a black hole in a subatomic collision also indicate they would evaporate. So if you’re worried they won’t evaporate, then you shouldn’t be worried they’d be created in the first place.
Same goes for the creation of a quantum strangelet. This is a weird conglomeration of particles called quarks, and if a strangelet comes into contact with normal matter can convert it into more strangelets. The idea is that these can cause a chain reaction that turns all available matter into strangelets. That would be bad.
However, first, strangelets are completely theoretical, and again even if they are real it’s incredibly unlikely they would be created even by LHC. And even if they were created, the chances of them being a danger are very small. A study a few years ago by physicists at MIT, Yale, and Princeton shows this to be the case; as they point out, higher energy particles hit the Moon all the time.

If strangelets could be created in this way, the Moon would have converted to a big ball o’ strangelets billions of years ago.

The odds of the LHC causing something bad are lower than winning the lottery big prize 3 WEEKS IN A ROW.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by XyZeR]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I placed some bets that the world isn't going to end within the next four years for over 3,000,000 euros. Why would they want to make black holes? Silly scienctists...they must be bored so though of a new way to destroy the world. Lets see if my bet pays off

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by altered_states
If any of the models are right, the accelerator should create a black hole anywhere from every second to every day, each roughly possessing 5,000 times the mass of a proton and each a thousandth of a proton in size or smaller, Landsberg said.

Still, any fears that such black holes will consume the Earth are groundless, Landsberg said.

For one thing, theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking calculated all black holes should emit radiation, and that tiny black holes should lose more mass than they absorb, evaporating within a billionth of a trillionth of a trillionth of a second, "before they could gobble up any significant amount of matter," Landsberg said.

A BEAM of protons is not a significant source of matter food for the holes? Dark matter is also a concern.

- AND WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS NOW???? During times of War, etc? It's either a distraction, a malicious plan, or both.

Of course, I could be wrong, but at least I admit that!

[edit on 9-9-2008 by Time=Now]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I get a bad feeling about this machine.

Such a massive machine built for what, an experiment? And then what, they just pack it up and go home?

I think, as usual, we are not being told the truth about what this machine is about. We are being told an excuse. And they know damn well what is going to happen when they use it.

For all we know, it could be to open the gates of hell, so they can let all their friends in...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Time=Now

Originally posted by altered_states
If any of the models are right, the accelerator should create a black hole anywhere from every second to every day, each roughly possessing 5,000 times the mass of a proton and each a thousandth of a proton in size or smaller, Landsberg said.

Still, any fears that such black holes will consume the Earth are groundless, Landsberg said.

For one thing, theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking calculated all black holes should emit radiation, and that tiny black holes should lose more mass than they absorb, evaporating within a billionth of a trillionth of a trillionth of a second, "before they could gobble up any significant amount of matter," Landsberg said.

A BEAM of protons is not a significant source of matter food for the holes? Dark matter is also a concern.

- AND WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS NOW???? During times of War, etc? It's either a distraction, a malicious plan, or both.

Of course, I could be wrong, but at least I admit that!

[edit on 9-9-2008 by Time=Now]

Times of war? Please. It's in France and Switzerland, and construction has been going on for years It was approved for construction back in 1995. None of the member states were involved in the Russo-Georgian conflict, and only a few of them have any troops in Iraq. France and Switzerland, certainly aren't at war with anyone.

It isn't times of war for the people involved. Besides, the two conflicts of major note right now barely qualify as war. America is in a long bloody occupation of Iraq, and Russia has ceased it's 5-day attack on Georgia, which would be considered just an ordinary border skirmish if it weren't for the fact that one of the countries involved was a nuclear superpower.

Also: a beam of protons isn't a significant source of matter. It's less dense than everyday things, like air, or solid objects, etc.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
See that little logo in the top left-hand corner on the site? Yea, the one that says deny ignorance. Yea. Well maybe you should try it.
Can someone explain to me why all you people are so terrified? Is it MSM again like in 2000? This is EXACTLY like that. It's old, it's annoying and nothing
will happen.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

It may be firing up for the first time on full power this Wednesday, but the first particle collision will not take place for at least a couple of months, so the title of this post is complete BS. End the scaremongering and further our understanding of matters unknown - this may well lead to the next step in our evolution.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nemesys

It may be firing up for the first time on full power this Wednesday, but the first particle collision will not take place for at least a couple of months

correct

From the LHC website,

On September 10, scientists at the LHC will attempt for the first time to send a proton beam zooming around the 27-kilometer ring. One to two months later, the first protons will collide in the center of the LHC experiments, launching a new era in mankind's quest to understand the physical universe.

www.uslhc.us...

Start up and first loop is in 10 hours (11PM PST time) correct?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
From what I understand, the US Government has been doing this experiment for years without any problems. In fact they go a step further and use the magnetic properties of the earth and gravitational fields of the moon to actually slingshot the protons from the earth to the moon and back again at near the speed of light before colliding them on the dark side of the moon, which contain all the sensors.

So relax, if it was dangerous I am sure the Government would have stepped in. Or perhaps it failed and we have a black hole on the other side of the moon slowing growing in size?

Who knows.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join