It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LHC End of World in 2 days!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Date and times have been set and they are soon approaching. On the 10th September 2008 the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) will project its first beam scientists outside of CERN suggest that the black holes whom are created by this "Death" machine, have the possibility of destroying the earth. It is also suggested that this 27km machine may have enough magnetic power (it uses magnets do guide the beams) to shut down the earths magnetosphere, in other words...We will have no protection from the suns radiation, and will fry in seconds! Remember-Mars has no magnetosphere and was once suggested in did! So what do you think will happen?

CERN: European Organisation for Nuclear Research Official Website

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I believe those scientists outside of CERN are jumping to conclusions.

Black holes are formed from imploding density (White Dwarfs) etc. An Atom smasher functions a little differently.

I'm sure we'll be here a few days from now posting on ATS how it was just another false alarm.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Just two more days till you guys shut up, then.

Well, one way or another, that is.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
it would take alot longer than a few days for any black hole created to do anything,like a few years. And the chances are pretty slim,so i think we can all go back to sleep.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
yes, but you do have to put into consideration the fact that they are trying to re-create the beginning of the universe or at least the scenario, and no body really know they size of the protons that collided, so this how this test turns out is anyones guess!

(and its not really the black holes or dark matter that I am concerned with!)

[edit on 9-9-2008 by LHC_2008]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
*shrugs* meh,they're gonna do what they want anyway,may aswell kick off your shoes,lean back and watch the show.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Mars has no magnetosphere because it is Geologically inert.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
(((Mars)))

poor old Marsey,always gets left out.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
De ja vous The particles do not have enough mass to create a blackhole big enough to create an end of world senario the math is there and the scientists know this, GAWWWWD this is getting just as bad as the NIBIRU malarky.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by LHC_2008

If you really believe that load of BS, why are you wasting your last two days on earth posting on a website instead of living the last dregs of your life?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
The scientists involved have come out (and good lord I wish I had a source, all you have is my word unfortuantely) several times to dispel rumors that terribleness will happen.

Now these do always come with them saying there is a insignificant chance that a black hole will be created, but it would die out as soon as the machine was turned off, or something along those lines.

It'll be fine, and if they're wrong...well, what are you worried about? We'll all be gone anyways.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
No, no one said I believed it, I was just speculating the facts that I have read, and was asking for your criticism of the facts.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
If any of the models are right, the accelerator should create a black hole anywhere from every second to every day, each roughly possessing 5,000 times the mass of a proton and each a thousandth of a proton in size or smaller, Landsberg said.

Still, any fears that such black holes will consume the Earth are groundless, Landsberg said.

For one thing, theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking calculated all black holes should emit radiation, and that tiny black holes should lose more mass than they absorb, evaporating within a billionth of a trillionth of a trillionth of a second, "before they could gobble up any significant amount of matter," Landsberg said.

Not destroyed yet

CERN spokesman and former research physicist James Gillies also pointed out that Earth is bathed with cosmic rays powerful enough to create black holes all the time, and the planet hasn't been destroyed yet.

"Still, let's assume that even if Hawking is a genius, he's wrong, and that such black holes are more stable," Landsberg said. Nearly all of the black holes will be traveling fast enough from the accelerator to escape Earth's gravity. "Even if you produced 10 million black holes a year, only 10 would basically get trapped, orbiting around its center," Landsberg said.

However, such trapped black holes are so tiny, they could pass through a block of iron the distance from the Earth to the Moon and not hit anything. They would each take about 100 hours to gobble up one proton.

www.livescience.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Sept 10th is just the press launch and the machine is being "warmed up". Actual particle collision at full speed could take up to two years.

Ross

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by nomadrush

I believe it will be fully operational by the year twenty twelve though

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Two Years? They said that they will project the first Beam on the tenth! I don't think it will be a media event...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Yeah and we all know what is presumed to happen in 2012!!! December 21st 2012 to be precise! The have also projected a pole shift in 2012, maybe that may have something to do with the LHC

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   

It's scheduled to start on the 10th, but it won't be at full capacity then.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Sept 10th IS a media event, I have a press pass to the launch!

Don't believe everything you read in the papers though lol!

Ross

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by nomadrush

Thats awesome! Are you going to go?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join