It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Static Sky's Cipher Game

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
"On target" hits the dirty dozen in a few minutes. 1200 points and counting. Good luck, all!

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
For a couple of hours now, "On Target" has been at 1300 points. Still climbing.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Well I'm about 4 hours late but "On Target" is at 1400 points now. Anyone getting anywhere with it yet? I'm not. LOL. :bnghd:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

I have to confess, I haven't looked at it in days.

When it first went up, I printed it out so that I could work on it before I go to sleep at night. A few days ago I checked this thread again and discovered I've been working on it upside-down

So I'll probably pick it up again soon, but that was pretty demoralizing

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

I'm sorry, Americandingbat. I adore you and think you're nothing but great, my friend. I am not poking fun. You've solved a few and I have not solved one yet. But that is SOOOOooooo freakin' funny! I hope you win this one just for making me laugh so hard. I really do. That's just too funny. You're sending me to bed chuckling tonight. Thank you my friend. Be well.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

It's little things like that that make me sure I named myself right

Not all was lost, really. I mean, the symbols still occur with the same frequency upside-down as right-side up. But it was a bit of a setback

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Bringing the image to the current page in 5...4...3...2......

The main stumbling block for me is that I can't tell which dots belong to which triangles in every case, so the clue 2=3 isn't helping much.

Unless it's a ruse and 2=3 also means that 3=4. Hmm....

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
In a few minutes, "On Target" will hit 1500 points. And I guess you're right, Americandingbat. It really may not matter all that much with this one, whether it's right-side-up or not. LOL.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Yes, I'll confirm: orientation doesn't matter for the first part of the puzzle solving. So no worries there, but a good laugh instead.

An expansion of the first hint, in other words: "Delta = Vee", for purposes of identifying unique symbols.

Keep on enjoyin', everyone!

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
"On Target" will be worth 1600 points in a couple of minutes here. I'm as good at this one as I was at the last couple. LOL. Good luck eveyone!

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
"On Target" will be at 1700 points in about 10 minutes or so, now. I might as well be reading it upside down. I've gotten absolutely nowhere on it. Good luck, all.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
My first time posting in BTS. I saw this thread link in someones signature, and ive been tryin to figure this on target one out for 2 days. Its killin me! Hinntt? heh

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Welcome to the game "Lombardy Inn". Thanks for checking us out. "On Target" is now at 1800 points and still going. Good luck to all and have a great day.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Hooray, it's Friday! Is it just me or did this week have about 11 days in it? Anyways, Ian McLean's code, "On Target" hit 1900 points this morning. That means that Saturday morning it'll hit the 2000 point mark! Again, well done Mr. McLean. Good luck everyone.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Time for another clue yet?

Im having a heck of a time with this one.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I'm sorry I haven't had as much time recently to give hints at appropriate times long this thread... here's the next hint:

"There are 20 unique letters in the plaintext."

And some general guidance: the first step should be to uniquely identify exactly what the individual glyphs are in the puzzle, perhaps by spacing them on a regular grid.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
An early and rather large hint, for all the 2000-point Saturday morning puzzlers:

"Both the two-sided and three-sided versions of each glyph represent the same unique character, in ciphertext and plaintext."

Because I want this puzzle solved soon.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Didnt the guy that cracked Egyptian glyphs go insane or something?

Being serious...BUT LOL

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Hi Ian and welcome back.
That was some trip. Looks like it was great fun! Thanks for all the pictures. I followed along pretty much every day. Any chance of a Canadian sequal?

"On Target" has been at 2000 points for a few hours now. And thanks for the clues Ian. That should help speed things along. Not for me, though. I think that little hamster in my brain is stuck under his wheel again.
Good luck, everyone!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Sorry I'm late but "On Target" is at 2100 points now. Ian, did you think this would would cover your whole trip and still be going? lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29 >>

join