It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Static Sky's Cipher Game

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
edited because I'm an idiot...

*runs off crying*

Roswell.

[edit on 29/3/2009 by roswell1]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Good morning everyone. "On Target" is at 2200 points this morning. I hope someone can crack it pretty soon. Good luck all.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
"On Target" is at 2300 points now. This one's like that annoying little pink energizer bunny. It just keeps going and going.....

Good luck everyone.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
"On Target" will be at 2400 points in a few minutes here. Somethings got to give, here. Good luck, all.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
"On Target" reaches 2500 points in a few minutes. I think I'm going to 'cap' it at 3000 points. We've never had a puzzle make it to 3000 points before so it's never been an issue, but this one might. So if it makes it there, I will freeze it at 3000 max. Thanks for playing and good luck.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
yea, this thing is killing me. Been working on it in spare time.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
It seems that Ian had left us all alone with this brain destroyer…

I think that I've already figured out the symbols… well, at least I was able to isolate 20 symbols as stated by Ian. I'm not sure if these are the correct ones… But now I don't know how to make them useful... :bnghd:

So, Ian, if you're still around (
) don't you think we'd deserve another hint on how to proceed with it??

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
"On Target" hits 2600 in about a half an hour. Good luck everyone. Thanks for playing.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by danamoon

Hi danamoon...

No, I haven't left everyone here all alone, I spent about 10 minutes last night trying to figure out how to phrase a hint about how the word-breaks are encoded in the puzzle.

That's what the 2/3 sides are for; perhaps that would be a good next step in the puzzle, after re-representing the glyphs as ciphertext.

Enjoy everyone!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Hi Ian!

Of course I know you'd never leave us alone!... I just thought a little drama would soft you enough to give us a good hint…

(oh, I was so wrong!...
)

I read it again and again and nothing comes up… but I'll keep on trying! Thanks anyway.
Let's see if the weekend brings some light on it!

*out to drink a coffee (it will be a long night for sure)*

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
And I'm late as usaual on the weekends, but nonetheless we're at 2700 points and counting now. Have a great weekend everyone and goodluck!

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
2800 points and still going for Ian McLeans puzzle, "On Target". On Tuesday it will hit it's cap at 3000 points. The first code ever to do so, on this thread. Good luck everyone.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Good morning everyone. Today "On Target" hits 2900 points. Keep at it. Somethings got to give.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Alright folks. In about 15 minutes or so, "On Target" will hit 3000 points, and as mentioned previously, we're going to freeze it there. It will remain at 3000 points until it is solved. Good luck everybody. Have a great day.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

Okay. I have pulled "On Target" back out and started working on it again -- right side up this time

I'm pretty sure I have the glyphs separated correctly and am working on some ideas about spacing

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Now that we're at peak-points capacity, it's time for another big hint for "On Target":

"The locations where three follows two are uniquely significant."

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Figured id comprise all of the previous hints into one post for everyone searching previous pages..

Hints

1. 2=3

2. An expansion of the first hint, in other words: "Delta = Vee", for purposes of identifying unique symbols.

3."There are 20 unique letters in the plaintext."
And some general guidance: the first step should be to uniquely identify exactly what the individual glyphs are in the puzzle, perhaps by spacing them on a regular grid.

4."Both the two-sided and three-sided versions of each glyph represent the same unique character, in ciphertext and plaintext."

5."That's what the 2/3 sides are for; perhaps that would be a good next step in the puzzle, after re-representing the glyphs as ciphertext."

6."The locations where three follows two are uniquely significant."

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

That last clue finally did it for me

Solution: Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.

I'll try and work up a graphic showing the symbol equivalences and stuff soon.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Congratulations americandingbat!!!

That is indeed the correct solution. With punctuation (which wasn't included in the puzzle), it is:

Our doubts are traitors,
And make us lose the good we oft might win
By fearing to attempt.

From William Shakespeare - a great source of beautiful quotes - "Measure for Measure", Act 1 scene 4.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Here's the key for solving "On Target"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d830e5895cd8.png[/atsimg]

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29 >>

join