It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW Six Flags UFOs video September 5, 2008

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Here is a new UFO video reportedly shot at Six Flags amusement park in Georgia, USA. There is a nice long dexcription of the event on the youtube page here.

I think it is case #12361 at MUFON. Here is the description from MUFON. Someone tell me if this info is proprietary and I will take it down.

Submitted Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 06:57:00 UTC
Event Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 01:45:00 UTC
City: AtlAntA
Region: Georgia
Summary: my son and i saw the objects while at six flags amusement park

EDIT: LINK to MUFON UFO case description

[edit on 9/6/08 by stikkinikki]

[edit on 9/6/08 by stikkinikki]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing this: i post the link to Mufon long description, as reference:
Link
it shouldn't be moved from there.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Thank you. I edited the OP with the link so that should help people find the description. I think the closer lighted objects are compelling and odd for the reason that they fly with the pulsating lights at the same time. I wish I know what the closer wones looked like in the daytime.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

I also find interesting that the cameraman actually tries to put it on focus, zoomed etcetera, unlike many videos in which all we can see are out of focus lights: some point of reference would have helped in order to determine what type of movement was it doing: but there aren't most likely because it was very hight in the sky. I want to watch it again. At first glance looks to be interesting...

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Well, putting the story aside for the moment; Other than the short clips of passenger jets all we have is shaky, blurry footage typical of someone trying to record a point of light in the sky. We don't see any of the acrobatics described in the report.

For what it's worth; Looking at the sky chart for Atlanta on 9/5 at 21:45 I see that Arcturus, a red giant, magnitude .05 star (third brightest in the sky) was only 23 degrees above the horizon and due West. Right where this guy was looking.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by IAttackPeople

Valid points about the plane. I missed that until now. In the description he mentions multiple moving objects so I doubt all of those are Arcturus.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Hmm.
1 Amusement park => lots of balloons
2 Amusement park => lots of blinking widgets

1 + 2 + (hey lets tie the flashing spongebob together with them balloons)

= this video?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Nice find!!!

Starred and flagged

-Kdial1

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I think this one is more interesting. why is this dark ufo hovering over a roller coaster ride at Six Flags?

I"m surprised this guy got away with taping while he was on the roller coaster. This thing looks like a black ball in the sky. Somebody have any thoughts about it?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pocky
This thing looks like a black ball in the sky. Somebody have any thoughts about it?

Ummmm that's because it is the Sun.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
reply to post by IAttackPeople

Valid points about the plane. I missed that until now. In the description he mentions multiple moving objects so I doubt all of those are Arcturus.

True. He mentions the moving objects in the report but admits there is no video of them. He claims only to have badly shot two stationary UFOs in the West; one bluish, one reddish. There was one very bright reddish star and other stars in the sky right where he says he was looking. That fact and just the look of the video makes me have doubts.

Another thing that doesn't add up in the story is that he says, "the north star was to the left as we faced the objects and was brightly lit". First off, if you're in Georgia and facing West, the North Star (Polaris) would be to your right not your left. Second, Polaris is not a particularly bright star that would stand-out. I think he must be referring to Jupiter which would have been to his left in the South and definitely bright.

So, in the end we have a story of amazing acrobatic lights in the sky paired with a rather pedestrian video of stationary, fuzzy blobs and a few jets. Meh.

Pocky, your video shows the sun overloading the CCD detector in the camera. When that happens the sensor returns no data and the pixel will be black. It's a common occurrence. The video DID make me queasy, however!

[edit on 6-9-2008 by IAttackPeople]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
cool,thanks for sharing this

"radical hit man"

lol

(^_*)

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   

they're god damn airplanes u dip#s

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
hahahahah the rollercoaster video is hilarious i like how the guy is like WOO HOO hahahhahah

anyway yeah it looks like the sun to me in that video..
i cant see the other one though

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
It is the sun IMHO too: watch this example

Here there's an article explaining CCD Saturation and Blooming

Some more examples can be found here

[edit on 7/9/2008 by internos]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
It's clearly a passenger jet flying from left to right of the frame
you can see the right wing light flashing on it at 0.48 to 0.53.

also

reply to post by Pocky

Pocky please don't try to hijack the OP thread with a video that you consider to be "more interesting" it's very rude.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
From 0:46 to 0:53 the light blinks 7 times...a familiar interval, no?
ET certainly wouldn't bother to switch to our time standard.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
In analyzing the rollercoaster video UFO, its definately sun saturation of the camera CCD imager.

In this capture image the rollercoaster railing is blocking part of the sunlight, but the black "blotch" is in front of the railing. The railing should be blocking the view of the "UFO". Sunlight saturating the CCD imager device is making the sunlight appear to go around the railing. If one were to map out the edge of the large center rail through the light saturation, it would block out any solid object that would be hovering byond and opposite side of the point of view form the camera.

Oversaturated light sources will appear to "bend" around solid objects, such as the rollercoaster railings. But if this were a true UFO, the UFO would not be visible behind the railing dispite the fact the sunlight appears to go right through it.

Also in the other video of a black "UFO"...note that in that video, and the rollercoaster video, both UFO's are always in the center of the sunlight. A typical over saturation of the CCD imager.

No UFO here. Sorry!

Cheers!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Funny how Six Flags over Georgia was closed on the 5th?
www.sixflags.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tjack

see what u want to see m8ty
maybe it was the cross of jesus (just an idea) j/k

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join