It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW Six Flags UFOs video September 5, 2008

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dalek

The event happened on the sixth:

Event Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 01:45:00 UTC

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDN24
reply to post by dalek

The event happened on the sixth:

Event Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 01:45:00 UTC

01:45 UTC is 21:45 Eastern Time the previous day in Atlanta.

UTC

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Times can get messed up. I have never set the clock on my camera but it still records something in chrolological order. That video of the sun was pretty neat and I really liked those flying saucers. A mirage can have similar unexpected shapes emerge.

On the video I posted at the beginning it was apparent to me that the "ufo" was above the passing plane. Seeing as you can see the planes cabin lights it is night out. So what is so bright in the sky that he doesn't know what it was?

The moon would be obvious and planets or stars I don't know. I never tried to zoom in on a star or planet. It seems to me they would not increase in size since they are so far away.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by senshido
Hmm.
1 Amusement park => lots of balloons
2 Amusement park => lots of blinking widgets

1 + 2 + (hey lets tie the flashing spongebob together with them balloons)

= this video?

Please go back and finish your debunking 101 please. If you want to be part of the skeptic bandwagon you must at least have somewhat of a believable debunk. F

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by IAttackPeople

Oh ok my bad, and apologies to dalek.

~JDN24

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
UFO's don't blink - that is for terrestrial aircrafts. Think!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
My initial reaction was that these "objects" are in fact celestial bodies. The Blue/Green flashing object behaves the same as Sirius, and the red one very much like Mars, or Betelgeuse. Since I have absolutely no idea where exactly they were looking in the Night Sky, it would be hard to determine the exact celestial body.

However, if they were actually maneuvering as the witness stated, then they are obviously not space-based celestial bodies.

Also, I have no idea why he felt the appearance of Airplanes was "Unusual". I Identified them immediately as Aircraft Landing/Taking Off (Hartsfield-Jackson is only a few miles South-East). Those extra lights on the bottom of the fuselage are from the landing gear.

He also claims that he was Facing Alabama, down I-20, which would indicate a Westward FOV. Yet he claims the North Star (Polaris) was to his Left. In reality, it would be to his Right. I might be picking away at his account, but I simply figured I would mention everything I notice in regards to this incident and subsequent report.

The only Major Celestial Bodies present within a Westward FOV at that time were the Moon, at 7 Deg. ALT, and Pluto, at 36 Deg. ALT. (Above The Horizon-WSW). The only Constellations with a high enough Magnitude to likely be visible within this same Field of View, are Ursa Major, and Ursa Minor (To the NNW).

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pocky
reply to post by stikkinikki

I think this one is more interesting. why is this dark ufo hovering over a roller coaster ride at Six Flags?

I"m surprised this guy got away with taping while he was on the roller coaster. This thing looks like a black ball in the sky. Somebody have any thoughts about it?

Haven't read through the whole thread so, apologies if this hasn't been answered yet.

I had a customer come in with almost the same thing from the amusement park near us (Magic Springs) She thought her camera was broken. All we could take from it was that (just like this video) the black dot is right in the middle of the sun when it swings by...so it's some kind of reflection or something.

Sorry, don't know the technicalities, but it does happen. And now I must get to bed...much too late for me...

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Video game.......someone is playing games with all of you.

Video was taken inside an arcade.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Ok, I should have read like 5 more posts, thanks for answering the black dot question guys...now I feel like a jerk

G'night all

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAttackPeople
Well, putting the story aside for the moment; Other than the short clips of passenger jets all we have is shaky, blurry footage typical of someone trying to record a point of light in the sky. We don't see any of the acrobatics described in the report.

For what it's worth; Looking at the sky chart for Atlanta on 9/5 at 21:45 I see that Arcturus, a red giant, magnitude .05 star (third brightest in the sky) was only 23 degrees above the horizon and due West. Right where this guy was looking.

Dude, that is no star.

To the OP: Very interesting, the best footage i've seen in awhile. Could be something. Makes me think of Dark Knights thread. Star and Flag!

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

Then you haven't seen much UFO footage.

Considering all the factors involved, there's a possibility that the people recording thought it was a UFO, but given all the factors of it being at an amusement park with balloons, lights, etc., even if it WAS a UFO, there's no way to prove it with this video.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Having flown into Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson on numerous occasions from the west and seen the route they use to land - I would gander to say that those are domestic airplanes lined up to hand at intervals. If someone could research which way the planes were landing that night, they could debunk this quickly. It's my understanding that they shift from landing from the east to landing from the west every 8/12 hours or so...

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
all i have to say that im pretty sure alians wouldnt put that blinking light on the craft so therefor ithas too be some type of plane mabye we should create a different name for it like UFP so that people wouldnt get sucked into pointless threads

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

You obviously know your astronomy, but you'd never film a star with a video camera as it isn't bright enough. A still camera with an exposure of several seconds would be the minimum to record even the slightest trace of a star.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
That's no moon...IT'S A SPACE STATION!

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
reply to post by Uniceft17

Then you haven't seen much UFO footage.

Considering all the factors involved, there's a possibility that the people recording thought it was a UFO, but given all the factors of it being at an amusement park with balloons, lights, etc., even if it WAS a UFO, there's no way to prove it with this video.

What are you talking about? I never said it was a UFO, I don't know what it is, but I know it isn't a star.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Insomniac

...you'd never film a star with a video camera as it isn't bright enough. A still camera with an exposure of several seconds would be the minimum to record even the slightest trace of a star.

Really??

'Cuz I just filmed Sirius with my el cheapo GE A735. Not even a video camera really.

And it got a clear "trace".

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I still to this day do not comprehend why most if not all of you emptily volley arguments wrapped in curtains of absoluteness and certainty back and forth at one another when only one of you must be right and there is only one absolute answer to the subject.

Excuse my venting, if you would, but the ignorance of your vehement division and imperative forcing of farces upon one another headaches me.

Could you please approach the threads and their content studiously and with full intellectual savvy.

How can you say for certain that you know what is not yet known until you have provided proof?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

The only Major Celestial Bodies present within a Westward FOV at that time were the Moon, at 7 Deg. ALT, and Pluto, at 36 Deg. ALT. (Above The Horizon-WSW). The only Constellations with a high enough Magnitude to likely be visible within this same Field of View, are Ursa Major, and Ursa Minor (To the NNW).

Im pretty sure that Pluto cannot been seen even with a fairly powerfull personal telescope much less a handheld vid camera. Im not sure if thats what you mean by FOV..meaning field of vision or if you mean that Pluto was in the area of the sky IF you were able to actually view it...sorry if Im a lil bit confused on what you mean.

<< 1    3 >>

join