It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oprah balks at having Palin on her show

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Loyd: I would like to take your comment and correct a potential context error.

"If she accepts, Oprah will get that big paycheck people are talking about and Palin will get her face slammed by Oprah on live television into an emotional wall."

You see Palin went WAY TOO FAR in her speech. So did McCain. As of this moment McCain and Palin are on a high. However, wait until Obama goes on Staphanalpolis (sp?)'s show on sunday. You are about to see Obama himself bump Palin, *and* McCain's response on the head, in a big way.

Palin is so ignorant in these things that she can't even articulate an energy policy (something the entire RNC has tried to do all week (despite the hurricane excuse to leave town for round 1 of the RNC PROTESTS, 9-11 hero Rudy Guilliani's hateful speech, Palin's bitchfest, and McCain's Hitleresk war-cry))... And hey, how about that abuse of a supposed terrorist attack to appeal to the fact that McCain has been a tortured soldier, all the while implicating Iran as the entire reason for 9-11?... Sickening.... And despite the fact that the repubs have their sheeple in the audience seduced into chanting a "drill, baby, drill" deathmarch. In fact, she didn't articulate one SINGLE POLICY... OF ANYTHING... She used all of her alloted time attacking the people that are trumping her on every issue of any substance whatsoever.

McCain's war-cry at the end of his speech when combined with the 9-11 terrorist attack political ad that implicates Iran as being the sole culprit behind the attack of 9-11 makes it very clear that all the war he is talking about involves staying in Iraq and ATTACKING Iran!... This much is painfully obvious.

You mark my words, come Monday morning, Oprah will make news inviting Sarah Palin, Governor of Alaska, onto her show and Palin will decline while IMPLYING racism!

Mark it on your calender. Hope I'm clear.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Oprah wouldn't "slam" plain at all

The thing is, Oprah and any other "liberal" media personality or politician has only one real set of attacks... Shame on Liberal issues.

Because they work, it's been working for 16 years socially, Screaming loudly the word Racist or Screaming Loadly That is Not Acceptable

I can see in my head Oprahs attack on Hunting and it wouls look something like...

"How can you ever kill a poor innocent Big eyed Deer" and the whole audience will moan and then:

It will be useless on Palin, because until now the method has been used on people who support things they know nothing about and they are Shamed when faced with that kind of Attack

Palin won't budge any more than I would

Here's why

She's a Real Hunter, not asome just above Springer guest, her husband is Native, Eskimo... I guarantee, they hunt, in order to cull herds that are well in Alaska well above population levels that are healthy, animals in abundance, and they use every bit of the animal, waste nothing, eat it when appropriate...

Hard to understand in Chicago that, there's a place where there are too many Bears in some areas but they are

Palin is unrepentant and she can defend the attack better than I could... it's a simple matter

I personal could call Oprah out on any issue and explain why MY side of the issue makes sense...

and the easiest way is to point out the Truth

Oprah is Pro Choice...

Has Oprah ever had an Abortion NO, or ever had to even be in a position to make that choice NO

Why? because Oprah like Obama is a Political Liberal, because that's thier Audience, but they lead conservative lives... Oprah doesn't accidently get Preganant, she's wealthier than any white woman in Show Business

She is in life ...a Republican and could be chewed to bits until she looked like an imbecile

Hunting, is the only one and LOL the only thing you can hunt in Chicago is people

Look at Alaska please

Palin has every reason to hunt, and there is every reason for it to not be an issue for her

What should she do? Be over run by Bears and Deer? Hunt? there are 8 in her yard drinking from her hot tub in the morning

and...

she has had pets and I saw an article where she wa sout with her kids acouple of months back watching Bears

I don't know she herself has had to kill a Bear, but she is not going to have laws where a Kid can be killed because it's illegal to get 4 of them off your car on the way to work in the AM

She can defend her issues

Alaska and Chicago have different needs

and McCain Palin are by far the 2 most likely to encourage states rights on issues that vary like abortion guns and hunting etc, etc... and end these debates the proper way. By recognizing that different locations and cultures have different needs.

Just because Bush was not a real Republican does not mean they aren't...for certain she is

Look at Alaska, a state that still gives away land, has a population 1/10 th that of Chicago on a State where Chicago in land area would be a DOT

Number by number the cities have alot of votes but i'm sorry, Alaska, the plains, alot of the south west and the Rockies... The bulk of this Nation is wide open space and the people that live there..maybe they total in number what the 10 biggest cities do... but they have Right too and reasons they do things the way they do and should be craped on either

Abortion, no Hunting and no Guns in a state where... there is more coast line than the US main land, the land area of 1/3 the country, a state that stretches in legnth an equal distance to the entire Untited States...

NO Hunting Why is there a Deer City in there somewhere demanding equal rights?

There must be Millions and Millions... gads

Oprah is just of Guilt about not seeing how others live as anyone else is, she would never win an argument, because she would be right Only in Chicago on these issues that everyone beast on Palin about...

Yeah, I say, if you shoot a Deer in downtown Chicago you should go to Jail

And maybe not having an Abortion in Chicago is... a way to ruin a young girls life...

Not in alot of other places though, and the ability to be moralistic about the issue sure rises with land area and cheep land and low populations and tons of resources

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Clarification:

Oprah's statement:

The item in today's Drudge Report is categorically untrue. There has been absolutely no discussion about having Sarah Palin on my show. At the beginning of this Presidential campaign when I decided that I was going to take my first public stance in support of a candidate, I made the decision not to use my show as a platform for any of the candidates. I agree that Sarah Palin would be a fantastic interview, and I would love to have her on after the campaign is over.

Never thought I'd ever be one who defends Oprah!

But, there it is...

Gotta giver her credit on that one, at least!

Oprah to Palin: I Can Pencil You In Later

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Dude, sorry, you just made a total mess of any sort of response to my post.

You don't need to tell me about hunting, I live in the Ozark foothills in Northwestern Arkansas. Suggesting that Palin, the Governor, hunts and uses every bit of the Elk she shoots, makes me chuckle.

I suppose you didn't she that picture of her breaking flag-code, drinking with people 20 years her younger in front of a pool with a pellet-gun at hand, finger on the trigger, did ya'? (speaking of finger on the trigger, I would like to note that the FIRST thing I learned as an infantry soldier for the U.S. Army was that you NEVER put that finger on that trigger unless you are firing. I guess she is shooting pop-shots into the air. No wonder she supports McCain's policy of staying there for another 100 years! They like to fire semi-automatic weapons into the air when they kill our soldiers for invading their streets.)... Oh yeah, you did and that is where the substance of your non-issue comes from. You dig her because you hunt. Great for you. She won't take away your guns. Great for the both of us.

However, making this campaign about hunting is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. To completely misalign with the opposition because he is from a city is asinine. Why don't we all just meet out on the street and shoot it up now? We can call it the gang-bangers vs. the do-gooders.

If you want to go to town names, I recently surveyed land in a town called "Deer, Arkansas."... The school buses have 4X4 drive. You heard right, also, I'm a land surveyor. Meaning, my feat tread where white men's feet have tread once or twice, ever.

As for the other points, I don't think you really had one. You called Oprah a liberal pundit. That is untrue.

Mark my words.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by feydrautha

I think ive posted that quote in 3 or 4 different places in this thread.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Maybe she does, maybe she doesn't, like I DID say, SHE can defend herself on the issue better than I can... She does it right if she does at all.

and My response wasn't to you it was to other responses which is a perfectly valid thing to do.

Namely: I was responding to the bevy of posts mentioning how Oprah would wipe the floor with Palin

And if you are any kind of outdoors man, then you KNOW takeing guns from people in Alaska when they leave the house would be...dangerous and ridiculous of a thing to do...

Myabe you want people to post only what you want the respons eto be when you make a thread... By all means start a website then, because once you make a thread here I can post whatever I want

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I am quite the outdoorsman, not to toot my own horn. Furthermore, I did not align myself with Palin's opposition. I merely said she screwed up. Big time. So did Gulianni and McCain... And frankly, the entire GOP. Everyone wants someone new. Well, they jumped on what looked the best without question and they picked the wrong gal.

The Oprah wiping the floor with Palin claim came FROM ME, which is why I addressed your response.

Removing guns entirely from the US will never happen until there is a revolution. While it may be argued that this may happen some day, it will remain a moot point until that day. After all, it is the criminals that hold the guns when they are outlawed, right?

Furthermore, this isn't my thread. Thanks for the credit, though. It IS a good thread.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
And Dude back at you... what's with the meet in the street nonsense and shoot it out

I'm just giving Examples.. of why this divide actually exists, not saying the particular example is MY issue or the election.

That Urban life vs Rual life is a really big different thing, seems to be lost on everyone and ... I'm not actually making the issue itself the issue, the Example is a demonstration of the real issue.

Pointing out that these two powerful successful women, have VERY different lives to conduct and Palin deserves a voice and so do the rest of the people who choose to not live in

Frankly, I'm no Hunter I have hunted with a Bow a few times, maybe 20 years ago, nothing beyond target practice since then... I grew up In NYC and have been moving further out of that scene every few years...

and, I find it a better way of life and I Know that this lady isn't a lunatic and she is being treated like one, and Oprah will try to Delphi the hell out of anyone with use of her audience ( I actually hate those kinds of shows because the host is always right and never actually makes a point without input from planted audience members)

I have honestly yet to see a single thing in the debate that people have that doesn't come down to what I am talking about and that includes this thread, Alaska is very different than.. Chicago or NY

No matter what angle we take it's culture vs culture

Your entire thread is filled with insinuations that Palin is a reckless gun toteing, evengalist, loon... and she has as much right to her Culture and way of life as anyone else, she represents a large part of America, the bulk of it perhaps although that is debateable

I'm just trying to show example...albeit maybe not the best one to choose perhaps, of why it makes sense for her to be and others like her to be who they are and why Oprah couldn't rightfully just chew her up and spit her out

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Oprah is a racist prick, this really is no surprise.

She wants Obama to win, and yes, having Palin on the show will turn all those middle aged women who don't watch the news to vote for Palin, as that is probably the only place they get their political news anyways.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Eh, you would have to read into what I said about shooting it out a little more. I don't mean anything literal. Just that the conundrum between city folk wanting to ban them and country folk wanting to keep them is an issue of culture... Just like you said later in your last post... haha!...
Misunderstanding, probably on my part.

However, this isn't MY thread, for the second time. I posted like once to it, maybe twice and you took up an apparent greivance with my response.

Now, as far as the mental stability of Sarah Palin (amongst other issues including ethics)... I would have to disagree with you. Respectfully.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by sos37

Oprah is a racist prick, this really is no surprise.

She wants Obama to win, and yes, having Palin on the show will turn all those middle aged women who don't watch the news to vote for Palin, as that is probably the only place they get their political news anyways.

wow. waiting for the mods on this one. how utterly ignorant and rude. to call her racist is disgusting .. but your other expletive... sick.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Sorry mistook it from your response that you were the OP

Hey, I get long winded, I have seen your posts your not out of left field on things or a blanket statement fellow...so I am not looking for a fight

What I'm honestly and genuinely all up and on about is that I see no way Americas social issues can be addressed without stregnthing State laws...

I am at a failure to comprehend why this Isn't the BIG debate period.

It's my opinion, and based on what I have seen that Palin and McCain would be the sort to understand this...

I seriously am thinking we are headed to Civil war given the demographics if people keep making what should be local policy or State policy federal policy

I think I got slamed by a Bush in office who consolidated power when that is the last thing any Republican should be doing

I don't think that Palin McCain are in the same camp as far as that goes... and I think Obama is

I actually don't know why any of this is Presedential Election Material... Even drilling in Alaska and why the federal Govt controls like 2/3 of that state...is incomprehensable to me

Alaskans should choose if they drill...

I can say only this, my sympathes for the woman would be alot less, if I wasn't aiming at a life alot more like hers than the one I had in NY my whole life in my personal life...

I don't think this whole election would be a huge episode of OPRAH which is what it is, if I could have where to go and lead the life I want and vice versa to anyone who hates Palin, without National mandates on any of it...

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

We really do need to get past the anger and name calling... obviously both sides of this see thier way of life threatened, I see a de - federalization of it all the only answer, some might disagree but, I see no other anser, not forced multiculturalism amd not aking everyone to live middle of the road.

An dI don't see the problem here race, I see it as culture and people have a right to live as they choose to live. Oprah, Obama, Palin, McCain, Biden... none of them are Racist in...a color of the skin is my issue, it's Way of life that people are worked up over, you Can gerneralize Race to those things and often be right, but it's not the Reason for the anger

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I just don't get it, maybe I'm the wierd one

But after a few days of arguing on issues I desire always to go right for the Jugular of the issues as a whole, eliminate the issue and create a win/win for all... that's just how I do things in life.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
So much for Oprah's integrity. She's worried that having Sarah Palin on her show might actually turn some of her viewer audience from being Obama supporters to McCain/Palin supporters that she's balking on having Palin as a guest. Granted, it's her show, but for anyone who dares to say that the media doesn't have a liberal slant to it - you've just been proven wrong by the queen of the media!

"Half of her staff really wants Sarah Palin on," an insider explains. "Oprah's website is getting tons of requests to put her on, but Oprah and a couple of her top people are adamantly against it because of Obama."

Source: www.drudgereport.com...

Oh you righties crack me right the heck up. You really get all your news and info from Oprah? That is insane. Liberals know better than that. But then again, we are out working all day while Oprah is on. Who the hell said that she is representative of the informative main stream media? She is a talk show host, just like Bill O'Reilly. Now tell me which one has more political sway with their audience?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by feydrautha

I think ive posted that quote in 3 or 4 different places in this thread.

uh oh! one liner alert!

actually, looking at the posts since your post of that quote, i suspect it bears repeating...

for all the good it will do, of course!

it will also be ignored by ignorant oprah bashers... what can ya do?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Oprah has her own Independent Show, with her own Editorial Criteria.

Palin, represents everything Oprah, and the majority of her audience, oppose. Would the ratings for such a show be high? Over the roof, in my opinion. Would Palin's presence damage Oprah, in the long run? I believe it would. The viewers watching such a show would not, in their majority, represent Oprah's "usual" fan base. Such a woman would alienate some of Oprah's viewers, and make a lot of them angry.

If I where Oprah, I would never invite Palin. It would be a slap in the face of my viewers, and an offense to everyone that has fought so hard, and for such a long time, for women's rights, in America.

I, personally, don't like or dislike Oprah. She, and her show, are totally irrelevant to me. But, it is her show, with her guests, and she as no obligation to invite, and promote, a person with who's values she so deeply disagrees, on almost every issue...

I'm sure Palin will have plenty of shows to attend...

As for the economical factors, there are still many things that money can't buy. Of course, Palin's supporters will never understand what I am referring to.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by NorthWolfe CND]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
I suppose you didn't she that picture of her breaking flag-code, drinking with people 20 years her younger in front of a pool with a pellet-gun at hand, finger on the trigger, did ya'?

Not meaning to just jump in, but to be fair that picture was proven a fake.

celebglitz.com...

[edit on 6-9-2008 by 27jd]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorthWolfe CND
Oprah has her own Independent Show, with her own Editorial Criteria.

Palin, represents everything Oprah, and the majority of her audience, oppose. Would the ratings for such a show be high? Over the roof, in my opinion. Would Palin's presence damage Oprah, in the long run? I believe it would. The viewers watching such a show would not, in their majority, represent Oprah's "usual" fan base. Such a woman would alienate some of Oprah's viewers, and make a lot of them angry.

If I where Oprah, I would never invite Palin. It would be a slap in the face of my viewers, and an offense to everyone that has fought so hard, and for such a long time, for women's rights, in America.

I, personally, don't like or dislike Oprah. She, and her show, are totally irrelevant to me. But, it is her show, with her guests, and she as no obligation to invite, and promote, a person with who's values she so deeply disagrees, on almost every issue...

I'm sure Palin will have plenty of shows to attend...

As for the economical factors, there are still many things that money can't buy. Of course, Palin's supporters will never understand what I am referring to.

Are you implying that money can buy power, priveledge, protection, secrecy, voters, judges, laws, bills, elections, wars, a bind eye, etc....but not Oprah?????????????????

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Your country is trillions of $ in debt

Your constitution is being shredded

Your infrastructure is falling apart

Your manufacturing base has vanished to China and India

Your banks are going to the wall

A sizeable chunk of your population has no health cover

Another sizeable chunk of your population is losing it's home through the so called 'credit crunch'.

Despite being bankrupt you're fighting a war on 2 fronts and your current administration wants to open a third. Something apparently both Republican and Democrat Presidential candidates are happy to continue.

Another cold war is opening up with Russia.

I could go on... but

All the above and you are arguing about whether one of your candidates should be on Oprah or not?

Unbelievable!

[edit on 6/9/2008 by Dagar]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join