It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Evidence For Jesus' Existence Is Nothing But Hearsay

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexG141989

This is a very informative website www.godvsthebible.com...

John Armstrong presents a very good case against the existance of Jesus
and basically concurs with your info. I've no doubt that christians wo'nt entertain the though of going to this site and attempting to debunk it.
But there again I could be wrong I often am

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I disagree with your hearsay arguement.

What motivation would anybody have to write about Jesus unless he was real?

I could excuse a couple of instances to coincedence, but you have listed a whole truckload of evidence to support the claim that all those writings mention a man named Jesus lived 2000 years ago as being more than just coincedence, anything else would be irrational.

Even many atheist do not deny a man named Jesus walked the Earth 2000 years ago, they just don't support the God aspect. I accept that and can respect and understand how they can rationally come to that conclusion.

I admire your effort, but your claim is borderline absurd.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
Old thinker dude , how the hell are you ?

i just been commenting here -www.abovetopsecret.com...'

in relation to a Phelps god hates gays character

Here's a brain stormer for you, i just been yaking with my mate who is a christian, and I ( as opposed to we , as he had his satan radar on)was discussing the quantum world.

Do you think that when jesus describes prayer "ask knowing you shall receive" and such

Could he not have been describing the particle existing in 2 places at once and and such and the influence of the observer on it ?

I'm freakin' GREAT, m-man!

Poltergiest! Great movie! Scared the Hell OUT of me! Really, scary stuff!

Rev. Phelps????? Don't know him, a bit of an extremist, far as I can tell...need to research a bit more....those independent Baptists are a tad off center, I guess, love um' though, got to spend eternity with um.....

Have you been over on that don't prove God thread....?...some 500 plus responses, some smart folks over there...OT is being challenged, definitely...

Great hearing from you, old friend!

OT
Phil 1:3

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexG141989

Originally posted by OldThinker

AlexG141989,

Woosaaa!!!!

Let's all slow down...I did read your post...and I understand your are passionate....BUT....WHY?

Help OT out, please....what is the motivation to DEBUNK us Christians? Have one of us pissed you off...really...OT wants to know...

Really, please let down the guard...and share with me...or U2U me, ok?

I can understand ZEAL from us Christians...we see this debate as eternal damnation for those who reject....but what are you 'protecting me from? Since we all become fertilizer at the end...and live in survival-of-the-fitest-during life????

Give OT some insight, ok?

[edit on 3-9-2008 by OldThinker]

Don't go off topic, like the mods say, discuss the topic, not the member.

OK, sorry!

But the moderators aren't against people caring for other posters, right?

OT is always just a U2U away...

= = = =

Alright, back to the intellectual piece...go ahead and respond to my referenced post...

OT out!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I could excuse a couple of instances to coincedence, but you have listed a whole truckload of evidence to support the claim that all those writings mention a man named Jesus lived 2000 years ago as being more than just coincedence, anything else would be irrational.

Even many atheist do not deny a man named Jesus walked the Earth 2000 years ago, they just don't support the God aspect. I accept that and can respect and understand how they can rationally come to that conclusion.

What motivation did anybody have to write about hercules as a person that lived long ago??? There certainly are writings of that sort, just like there are writings of Jesus. In fact there is as much "historical evidence" that points to hercules' existence as there is that points to Jesus' existence. So why don't you believe in Hercules??? Long ago people believed he really existed for the same reasons that you today believe Jesus existed.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Good post AlexG, I just happened to have watched a documentary on the subject last night...I think you'll like it if you haven't already seen it, it's an hour long though.

I'm pretty new at this so I hope the link works.

Google video

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

What motivation did anybody have to write about hercules as a person that lived long ago??? There certainly are writings of that sort, just like there are writings of Jesus. In fact there is as much "historical evidence" that points to hercules' existence as there is that points to Jesus' existence. So why don't you believe in Hercules??? Long ago people believed he really existed for the same reasons that you today believe Jesus existed.

Who's next? The flying spaghetti monster?

Haven't found Hercules an important enough person to really care if he fiction or not.

I do know there are over 20,000 different ancient manuscripts, physical evidence, that verify different parts of every different book in the Bible, therefore deeming it a credible historical document in mainstream science.

If I provide a link showing evidence, based on speculation and opinion, (that is the standard you set here) that the majority of the books in the New Testament were written by personal friends of Jesus, does that automatically mean I am right?

[edit on 3-9-2008 by mhc_70]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Hercules????

I believe in him...

He was real....

Moses called him a Nephilim see: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

Hercules????

I believe in him...

He was real....

Moses called him a Nephilim see: en.wikipedia.org...

Thanks OT!!!

I have done some research on the Nephilim, but never associated them with Hercules or other similar ancient superheros or villians.

Makes sense to me.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I can understand what you are saying however I have a question. If what you say is true then the Koran is also wrong as they believe the person known as Jesus. So in your eyes that makes two books wrong.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I do know there are over 20,000 different ancient manuscripts, physical evidence, that verify different parts of every different book in the Bible, therefore deeming it a credible historical document in mainstream science.

If I provide a link showing evidence, based on speculation and opinion, (that is the standard you set here) that the majority of the books in the New Testament were written by personal friends of Jesus, does that automatically mean I am right?

You seem to be missing the point again. If you provided a link showing evidence, based on speculation, and opinion that the New Testament was written by personal friends of Jesus, you will lack the actual evidence to prove your point. The author of the link I posted provided evidence for his claims, that you can't seem to refute

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I can understand what you are saying however I have a question. If what you say is true then the Koran is also wrong as they believe the person known as Jesus. So in your eyes that makes two books wrong.

taking two birds out with one stone is always nice

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70

What Motivation indeed, the same motivation that makes the claim Mary Magdalen was a prostitute?

the same Motivation that caused the inquisition?

the same motivation that made the Earth the Center of the Universe?

the same motivation that (to this day) keeps women subservient to men?

the same motivation that causes the church to asks for a 10% tithe.......

fascinating question,what motivation indeed....................

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

You seem to be missing the point again. If you provided a link showing evidence, based on speculation, and opinion that the New Testament was written by personal friends of Jesus, you will lack the actual evidence to prove your point. The author of the link I posted provided evidence for his claims, that you can't seem to refute

I didn't miss your point, at all. Your source is speculating that it is just coincedence all those ancient writers you listed wrote about a man named Jesus who lived around 1 BC was, just coincedence, Jesus never existed.

So I countered your point (trust me its the way debate goes) and offered to provide a link speculating that the majority of the books written in the New Testament were in fact written by Jesus' friends. If I take the time to post the link, are you going to accept the same standard of evidence that you are requiring of me?

[edit on 3-9-2008 by mhc_70]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I'll just go ahead and shut this thread down right know.

The above link will reveal an image of Jesus from about 600 years ago.

Have fun.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bruxfain

His name is Tamerlane....I see your point

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by bruxfain
I'll just go ahead and shut this thread down right know.

The above link will reveal an image of Jesus from about 600 years ago.

Have fun.

bruxfain,

One more time please??? I need a bit more on your 'revelation!'

I've got a beard too...I KNOW JESUS, AND I AM NO JESUS...but I have a beard, and look like Him...

OT confused, my brother!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

www.nobeliefs.com...

All documents about Jesus got written well after the life of the alleged Jesus from either: unknown authors, people who had never met an earthly Jesus, or from fraudulent, mythical or allegorical writings.

This would make an interesting poll...true or false.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mhc_70

www.nobeliefs.com...

All documents about Jesus got written well after the life of the alleged Jesus from either: unknown authors, people who had never met an earthly Jesus, or from fraudulent, mythical or allegorical writings.

This would make an interesting poll...true or false.

FALSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, the authors documented the facts AFTER...the events...

Pls tell me how to do it beforehand, Chris Angel?

OT still confused?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati
reply to post by mhc_70

Still an inquisitive question...

What Motivation indeed, the same motivation that makes the claim Mary Magdalen was a prostitute?

That's what the NT says...are you against good will towards the less fortunate?

the same Motivation that caused the inquisition?

Faulty men made mistakes, but not Christ ordained!

the same motivation that made the Earth the Center of the Universe?

Genesis says the earth was created BEFORE the rest...I can see how the ignorant (now) could have come to that conclusion, back in the day...

the same motivation that (to this day) keeps women subservient to men?

????????? My wife of 25 yrs is not subservient, she runs my household...effectively...also have you seen in the NT the prominent role women played? please read the gospels...

the same motivation that causes the church to asks for a 10% tithe.......

Been tithing for 40 yrs, all my needs are met...I'm doing pretty darn good...

fascinating question,what motivation indeed....................

Sorry, I don't have the cut and paste thing down well, I've made my responses in italics to help...

OT

[edit on 3-9-2008 by OldThinker]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join