It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six dead in US shooting spree

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
Last night on the news one of the cops reported that they had recovered the deputy's gun. Now - tell me this, why would they have to recover her gun? Unless the suspect overpowered the deputy and took her gun from her and killed her with it. Then proceeded to kill other people with it.

Thanks for that, please keep us updated about how this progresses, we probably wont hear to much more of it in my country

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

But lets not forget that the cop who was killed was someones son,someones father. . .

So was Hitler.

And aside from that, it's not really about "good" cop or "bad" cop anymore anyway. It's about the entire concept of modern law-enforcement in America. I have posted a video several times of a Utah Trooper tasing a kid along a highway for speeding, in front of his young wife and baby. As if that weren't hard enough to watch, I came to an even deeper realization. That this cop wasn't one of the bungholes one usually comes across. The Trooper actually seemed like a nice guy, who did something very bad yet all too common.

It's not a matter of the individual officer anymore. There have always been crooked cops. This is something different and far more insidious. Make no mistake about it, the police, in their entirety, are now the enemies of liberty and the average flag-waving freedom-loving citizen that believes in the spirit of the Constitution.

[edit on 9/5/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox

It's not a matter of the individual officer anymore. There have always been crooked cops. This is something different and far more insidious. Make no mistake about it, the police, in their entirety, are now the enemies of liberty and the average flag-waving freedom-loving citizen that believes in the spirit of the Constitution.

No, it just seems you have an issue with law enforcement and take every officers actions as a personal attack on you, and then try and justify your opinion by saying its an attack on your freedom.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Gun control = you protect your guns and I'll protect mine!

Besides... guns don't kill people, people kill people.
I have never heard of a gun leaping off the table by itself and shooting anything.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

No, it just seems you have an issue with law enforcement and take every officers actions as a personal attack on you, and then try and justify your opinion by saying its an attack on your freedom.

If it walks like a duck, or a goose-stepping Nazi, well then... I can hardly classify what is apparent as "opinion."

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by sundeviant
Its a shame this sort of thing keeps happening, but people need to realize cause and effect. Registered guns are rarely involved in a murder; unless its murder/suicide or something of the like...

I agree with that

Is their some sort of law in the US that prohibits certain people to own guns, and are there laws on the locking up and the saftey aspects of weapons?

Sorry Im not sure

We have one "gun law" that supersedes all others:

Amendment II
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.archives.gov...

Having guns is not about hunting. It is about self defense and the right to revolt if we need to.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Now the report about the guns are that the suspect stole two of the guns from his mothers neighbor. A rifle and a pistol.

It still smells awfully fishy and they aren't saying who was shot with which gun or what the time line was of who was killed in what order nor have they said anything about the deputy's gun that was recovered and whether or not the suspect had it and whether it was fired or used to kill someone.

Bellingham News article

[edit on 15-9-2008 by verylowfrequency]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join