It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six dead in US shooting spree

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Six dead in US shooting spree

news.ninemsn.com.au

A man fatally shot a sheriff's deputy, led authorities on a car chase and killed five other people before turning himself in, officials in the US state of Washington said.

Two others, including a state trooper, were injured during the crime spree in Skagit County, north of Seattle, authorities said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Well another shooting spree in the USA, becoming all to common these days. This time a cop was killed, so I dont like his chances in court with this one

Im not sure about it, but I heard that Obama wanted to toughen up on gun laws over there. If that were the case, is this a good reason to? Not my opinion by the way

Thoughts and comments?

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Ya tighten the gun laws on unregistered weapons..

That makes about as much sense as walking upside down.

::EDIT::

Actually there is nothing to go on here..

But my opinion above stands..

Most of the time when things like this happen they want to tight fun laws.. wtf the idiots doing this stuff have stolen weapons.. don't matter to them.. just screws the law abiding people a lil more.

[edit on 9/2/2008 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
More details here

Skagit County shooting spree leaves 6 dead, including sheriff's deputy, 2 injured

It doesent specify wether the suspect had a gun initially or wether he killed the female deputy and took her gun.

[edit on 9/2/2008 by DarkStormCrow]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
Ya tighten the gun laws on unregistered weapons..

That makes about as much sense as walking upside down.

Its a shame this sort of thing keeps happening, but people need to realize cause and effect. Registered guns are rarely involved in a murder; unless its murder/suicide or something of the like...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Sorry about my post guy/gals. I just found out. This happened very close to where I used to live. I posted this story also, here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2-9-2008 by spookjr]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
You will know when it is being used as tool to mold public opinion: They'll break out the statistics.

They want guns to be feared, they will make certain this is 'national' level news. Again, and again.

I wonder how many 'my gun saved a life' stories you'll hear about, outside of theatrical fantasies about crime survival?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sundeviant
Its a shame this sort of thing keeps happening, but people need to realize cause and effect. Registered guns are rarely involved in a murder; unless its murder/suicide or something of the like...

I agree with that

Is their some sort of law in the US that prohibits certain people to own guns, and are there laws on the locking up and the saftey aspects of weapons?

Sorry Im not sure

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Sorry Oz, wasnt trying to step on toes... Now its not a one liner, .... Mods maybe should move my post since yours was here first.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Yes there are laws and regulations on who can purchase a weapon, including FBI background checks. Some states mandate Safety locks or trigger locks, some localities may require safes and registrations.

Ultimate resposibility lies with the gun owner, unless this firearm was stolen or illegally purchased. It is possible in this case that the suspect managed to take the deputies gun , still looking for more info on that.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by spookjr

Sorry Oz, wasnt trying to step on toes... Now its not a one liner, .... Mods maybe should move my post since yours was here first.

Nah its ok, you we were pretty close, you must have been creating it as I posted it

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Actually, the regulations & restrictions vary from State to State. As far as the 2nd Amendment goes, there should be absolutely no restrictions whatsoever, except as someone violates the Rights of another, or personal choice to not own guns...In short, a convicted felon can be totally restricted to own a gun.

And yet, as statistics go, those areas (including whole nations) that have the least restrictions on gun ownership have the lowest crime rates. Those areas with the most restrictions have the highest rates of crime. As far as nations go, those that have the strictest bans on guns are more likely to mass murder their own citizens! This is a fact of history.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I hate to see this happen. There is evil in the world, and we cannot deny that. However, we should not continue to live in a sugar coated world that continues to censor the fact that people can have evil tendencies.

Every reaction to a gun crime is associated with fear and emotion. These emotions are what causes the thought of restricting or banning guns "seem" reasonable. Looking at how the laws only affect law abiding citizens, proves this logic is pure ignorance. If the removal of ANY freedoms from law abiding citizens to ensure the "feeling of safety" from harm, fears, and emotions is allowed, we will be thrown even further toward enslavement to the State. This will not prevent evil acts from being done by human beings. In fact, it could very well create more evil in the people deployed to "protect" us, due to the sense of "power" they will have over us.

I find it comical and idiotic that people like to see more restrictions to freedoms, until one of their favored freedoms is taken away.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I just dont really understand the mentality of the type of person that would do this. I still live fairly close to Skagit County( a beautiful area in Washington state.) Although I have moved to Idaho in the past couple of years. This is absolutley horrible, that a person would be driven to such extreme measures. I just wonder what his motivation was. I mean really, to kill innocent people that were not threatening him. I just dont get it. It makes the rest of us, the responsible, mentally stable gun owners look bad. It almost makes me want to cry, that this type of thing could happen.
Maybe the human race is doomed due to our inherant tendancy to destroy each other.
I guess that maybe I am a little depressed all of the sudden about this.
This type of thing makes me question my own life. Will I suddenly snap and just decide to go ape snip and kill people with my guns? I would like to think not, but jeez......

[edit on 3-9-2008 by spookjr]

Admin Edit: please do not circumvent the censors.

[edit on 9/3/2008 by Djarums]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by spookjr

I don't understand the mentality of it either. And then run to the police and surrender after killing and maiming so many folks - what a coward. He could've at least taken the cowards way out and shot himself and not made these absolutely innocent families go to trial after trial and for what?He was indeed a coward.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
My aunt was shot in the head with a .357 by her boyfriend who then killed himself with the same gun. She had broken up with him the day before. On the other hand, my father had 13 guns stolen from our house in spite of them being locked up. Unfortunately there is no test for evil, you just never know.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by vance

I personally dont think that suicide is a cowardly act at all. It probably takes alot of guts to end your own life. I would have prefered that he got some help and advice before he decided on such an extreme course of action. This situation just totally sucks any way that you look at it.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Another victim of Paxil withdrawal? That's what happens when you miss a couple doses.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Sucide comes when you cant face the future. snip his paxil withdrawl.

Admin Edit: please do not circumvent the censors.

[edit on 9/3/2008 by Djarums]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Personally, I could give a crap less about the cops, but I do feel bad for the civilians who were killed. But something else strikes me.

Why are all these wacko killers just calmly turning themselves in lately? There was the guy on the Greyhound, the guy who shot the kids out at the swimming hole, and a few others lately. All of them just turn and give up without a fight after doing these terrible things. Are we missing something here?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join