It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy SEAL Drowns During Combat Operations : A Hero Dies

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an offensive, abusive, distruptive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
My deepest condolencies to the family of a brave soldier. Politics aside, it takes courage for a person to defend what he/she believes in with their life.

Regardless of the reasons behind the war in Iraq or Afganistan, this soldier was doing his duty.

I hope his family can take some comfort in that.

Sir, I salute you! May you rest in peace.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Seals can do it all! They put their lives on the line everyday, whether in training or on missions. They often have to dive in harbors and ports where the water is more contaminated than your average septic tank. They have nothing but my respect.
REST IN PIECE, Josh.
Our prayers are with your family.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Hmm, that's odd. I make a topic about Don LaFontaine dying (who redefined the movie trailer industry), and it gets no replies and is moved by mirthful me to BTS, yet somebody makes a topic about a Navy SEAL that nobody knows about and uses a topic title not the same as the article, and he's already to page 2. I'm not complaining, I just find it...interesting.

As far as this man dying goes, I feel the same respect for him as I do the troops who give their lives for America overseas. Whether you agree with the war or not, you have to respect these men for their service.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Rest in Peace Josh! I remember watching you on the football field on Friday nights! You made us all proud back in the day! You have continued to make this town proud! Your memory and your name will live forever in all of our hearts! My prayers are with your family and with our little town! With the flag at half outside the Timberlake Gallery my eyes fill with tears as we all mourn this tremendous loss. You are our hometown hero!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Here's one for another dead soldier. A belgian one in this case.

Belgian soldiers are in action in Lebanon, helping with the reconstruction and cleanup of this country, that was hit so hard by Israeli strikes and bombardments. Several of belgiums finest mine and bomb cleanup squads are working there.

This belgian soldier died defusing an unexploded, US Made Israeli used Cluster bomb.

There is no glory in dying young, but doing brave tasks like this for the sake of other people is devine.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
RIP SEAL. I would bet both my legs the kid comes back for his family and friends to bury.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Kind of a little to ironic for my blood. A SEAL drowning.

R.I.P. Joshua Harris.

May the halls of Valhalla embrace this warrior.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
RIP to the SEAL. Doesn't surprise something like this happened since they tend to carry heavy equipment and ammo when crossing a river. Similar in Panama.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Pass on to his family more condolences and thoughts from another operator......RIP, Josh, .....

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BindareDundat
For a moment there a thought crossed my mind. What if Harris never really drowned but instead went in deeper and is now operating in some special unit where you don't exist ... for extra special missions? LOL Yeah. Probably too many movies I know. One could hope.

Someone mentioned not to look too far into this story then you come out with that and now i'm wondering! lol... Well you never know! Never say never! However, these people are exceptionally good at what they do but they are not invincible. Accidents happen. Even to a Navy Seal.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
Of all the ways for a Navy SEAL to die, he is swept off in a river and drowns... that just seems, off for a member of one of the hardest trained groups of soldiers out there.
[edit on 9/2/2008 by eNumbra]

Aigh, mildly ironic..

Was there not another case where a special forces soldier died by accident and it turned out to be friendly fire?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
Kind of a little to ironic for my blood. A SEAL drowning.

Not really. They usually operate in a water environment, so drowning isn't that odd.

RIP, buddy.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Not really. They usually operate in a water environment, so drowning isn't that odd.

I am aware of their operating environment. Perhaps I should have said a little too sadly ironic.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Training is intense and accidents DO happen , May you rest in peace brother , I've worked with teams guys in little creek & nmitc in dam neck when I was in the Corps. They're truly dedicated to this country and many can't begin to understand their sacrifice to duty. May your family be comforted in their time of sorrow.

Semper

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
I am aware of their operating environment. Perhaps I should have said a little too sadly ironic.

I wasn't busting your chops.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Whoever wrote that it seems an odd way for a SEAL to go - just wanted to let you know that this is because you're an idiot. The water isn't always nice, calm, and pretty like you're probably used to. Why don't you sit on your couch eating potato chips and keep your opinions to yourself, you peasant.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

I personally knew Josh and his wonderful family. My heart goes out to them. It really is not ironic that a Seal would meet with fate in this manner. Josh lived and payed the ultimate price, doing what he loved best. God be with him and please let him know, that many of us thank him for all his sacrifices. while we slept, he worked to keep us safe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join