It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Brilliance of Sarah Palin for VP

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by justme2

Oh...And here is Palin addressing the 2008 AIP convention:

Palin Addressing 2008 AIP convention

Did you watch the video?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mhc_70

Did you watch the video?

Actually I did WATCH it but my sound on my computer is screwed up so I couldn't hear it.

Did she confirm she was a member of AIP on it?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
YEs, McCain stole Obama's thunder for about 30 seconds... only to have lightning come crashing down on his bald head.

THere are a couple issues for which Palin is being criticized that don't matter, and several very important ones as well. Her daughter's pregnancy is generally a small one EXCEPT-- that it proves her stance against sex education and birth control is shortsighted. Her time as a mayor should give her administrative experience EXCEPT-- that she totally MISUSED her power and fired librarians who hadn't backed her campaign (librarians?). Etc., etc. This will only get worse for Grandpa and Miss Congeniality.

As to a poster who thought many Clinton supporters will go for Palin--Clinton has always been pro-choice, Palin is the opposite. Clinton has been a supporter of a secular society, Palin is the opposite. Other than her gender, it is hard to think of something Palin and Clinton agree on, so why would a woman who backed Hillary on the issues vote McCain/Palin?

Really, why?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

The ABC blog simply quotes a dude who claims Palin was a member of the AIP.

As well as her husband... Which has documentary CONFIRMED PROOF.
from the same link: "the Alaskan Election office has confirmed Palin's husband was a member". Oh.. And she'd address a party she wasn't a member of at some point in time.... Right.......... Guess you also missed the part where she said she supported them..

Do you understand the meaning of the word "confirmed?"

Here we go again!!!
Deny Ignorance!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

No, she is welcoming their party into the election, I think its called good sportsmanship.

She says "Your party", alot.

She has always been a registered rep.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Did you watch the video?

Actually I did WATCH it but my sound on my computer is screwed up so I couldn't hear it.

Palein is the one we need...We will atke back our country and the lord we be back in everyones life.The misses was crying to see a REAL christian be the president,
even if Mcain is liberal at least we have her... and if he passes... next when end evil science and cleanse the lands of those who don't need to be hear.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TrevorALan

Spot on Trevor.

The McCain campaign made a fatal mistake when picking Palin.. Thinking that just because she was a woman, they would get all the Clinton supporters...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrevorALan
YEs, McCain stole Obama's thunder for about 30 seconds...

Really, why?

Why?

Because now the tens of millions of evangelical Christians who iffy about voting at all are going to vote for McCain/Palin.

The far-left women would vote for Obama anyway. All McCain needs is to win the middle class white vote in PA, OH, MI, WI, and MN and he wins the election. It doesn't matter if he loses NY and CA by 40%.

Palin is going to give McCain a great chance to win PA, OH, and VA. Obama is facing a serious uphill battle now in these states.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

reply to post by jamie83

No, she is welcoming their party into the election, I think its called good sportsmanship.

She says "Your party", alot.

She has always been a registered rep.

Thanks!

And this is what is passing as serious discussion these days?

Wow... the libs truly seemed panicked over Palin. Wonder why?

If she was really as bad as they are making her out to be I would think they'd be gracious and just let her implode.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I think it shows a great deal of either hubris or stupidity to think that women will flock to the red team in droves just because the VP is a woman.

She's anti-choice, pro-gun, anti-animal, anti-logic (obviously these are over-simplifications, but that's the name of the game when it comes to the understanding of the General Public). Except for the last one, the majority of women are staunchly opposed to her stances. Creationism isn't, to my knowledge, an issue that can be understood in terms of gender, but the other three most certainly are, without doubt. In fact, they're the top three if I had to guess.

What I mean to say is that her positions on these issues are diametrically opposed to the majority of other American women.

The notion that America's women are a bunch of giggling, sexist idiots is offensive and poorly thought-out. If that's what passes for strategy on the part of Republicans, I think they need to go back to school.

Sarah Palin isn't 'a woman', she's a woman who wants to roll back womens' rights and forment a climate of healtcare fascism. Women aren't stupid - they can see that.

I can't disagree with the OP's comments about the timing of the announcement, it seems, on the surface, to be clever. But seriously, are we really expecting a horde of American women to leave the center and flock to the Republicans just because of the gender of McCain's running mate?

I would be very surprised if that happened. Surprised and ashamed...

Do I even need to mention the fact that she's a stereotypical HYPOCRITICAL politician...

How about the fact that she's a stereotypical CRIMINAL politician?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animal
You say brilliant and the prediction market is now building up to the fact that she will withdraw from the election. You had best be hoping you are right!

No, I think the Dems are smart enough to know what just happened to them and they in up against the ropes. They are desperately trying to throw anything against the wall and hoping something will stick.

Desperate? We're ecstatic! Whether she stays or resigns, she's the gift that keeps on giving. People said Obama didn't have a post-convention bump. As the GOP convention oozes on, he IS getting it.

So, let me get one more thing straight. The party of Lincoln, the party that fought the Civil War to keep the nation together has nominated for VP someone who wants to carve the nation apart by having Alaska secede? Forgetting whether that's treason, where would that leave John's drill everywhere energy policy?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by winged patriot
Palein is the one we need...We will atke back our country and the lord we be back in everyones life.The misses was crying to see a REAL christian be the president,
even if Mcain is liberal at least we have her... and if he passes... next when end evil science and cleanse the lands of those who don't need to be hear.

Say what????

Seriously...........

So you think if McCain/Palin are elected - "evil science" as you call it will end? And that she will bring upon the rapture or something???????????
Oh boy........Are you in for a shock.

Care to do an interview for CNN? Fox? MSNBC?

Scary, But I think the above members position is part of many McCain/Palin supporters beliefs.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by winged patriot

Did you watch the video?

Again... are you back?
Evil science???
Cleanse the land???

Good pick GOP

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Scary, But I think the above members position is part of many McCain/Palin supporters beliefs.

Great.

Maybe his vote will cancel out one of the members of Rev. Wright's church.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Spot on Trevor.

The McCain campaign made a fatal mistake when picking Palin.. Thinking that just because she was a woman, they would get all the Clinton supporters...

Those idiot reps.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Spot on Trevor.

Those idiot reps.

From your source...

"I think John McCain is basically what Obama says he is and what Obama is not," Coale said. "McCain brings people together, he has an incredible record of integrity."

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking since Friday. McCain really IS what Obama tried to position himself as.

I think this is just the beginning. There will be a LOT more Dems going for McCain publicly. And privately, when it comes time to vote, is when millions of Hillary supporters will go with McCain.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by jamie83]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
These attacks On Palin and the level of the alleged allegations are basically shameful, attending a meeting or listening to or respecting a movement for independence is NOT a terrible thing

Alot of States have felt similarly

Her daughter is nothing in terms of a reflection on her

A scandal for trying to get a cop fired who...tazered his child?

I mean what, lol...

and that's another thing because there are radical talking christians that like her that means she persoanlly represents them?

There is nothing to this hatred other than her Religion and Being a Woman

and there is Nothing to Hatred of Obama than his name and him being Black

The things being used against her are as bad as this

Maybe he is a DL brother? Who knows... this Guy ... here says it's true, says he was in the Limo it must be true right?

[edit on 2-9-2008 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WyrdeOne

Starred.
You said it much better than I could have.

[edit on 9/2/2008 by justme2]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I really dont see what Palin being a woman has to do with anything, but then I am an evil blood drinking conservative. What I do see is a woman who resignd a position of power when her boss ignored her charges of corruption, ran against that boss and beat him by 30 points in the primaries, trounced her opponent in the general by similar margins, and then reformed the exact same comission, laws, and deals she had orignally resigned over. Fo those interested, the comssion was the alaskan natural gas devolpement authority, her boss was the then governor Murkowsk, the issue at hand was an natural gas pipeline that BP had bribed its way into contracting, with tax breaks, and she reformed the authority by firing 35 of Murkowski's appointees and rewriting the law giving BP the contract. It eventually went to a canadian company at less cost to the state.

I see soemone who is intimately familiar with the economics of energy, specifically oil and natural gas, both from an economic and a political perspective, in an election when energy has become outr main concern.

I see someone who ran both a town, and a state, while raising 5 children, and has a 80% approval rating in her home state.

Pandering? Possibly, but I think Mccain is just a lot smarter than people give him credit for. Or maybe hes just, wiser? Afterall, there was a time when the eldest were respected as the most experienced and learned. But Im sure those folks were wrong, clearly anyone can see that our youth obsessed culture is far more intelligent than one in which those with the most maturity make the decisions.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne But seriously, are we really expecting a horde of American women to leave the center and flock to the Republicans just because of the gender of McCain's running mate?

I would be very surprised if that happened. Surprised and ashamed...

Are you equally ashamed at the 90%+ horde of blacks flocking to Obama?

How about the fact that she's a stereotypical CRIMINAL politician?

How about the fact that you are now crossing the line and just making sh*t up? Curious how you came to this conclusion. Based on what?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join