It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Brilliance of Sarah Palin for VP

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by savagediver
I have to agree with the comment by jamie: "She is NOT just ANY women. To make such a claim is a display of pure ignorance on your part." The more I find out about her she is not just any woman....she is more of a valley girl type with power......kinda scary.

I think what's "kinda scary" is how people who've accomplished 1/100th of what Sarah Palin has accomplished insult her and her family as if they have room to talk. While you are posting inane comments on an obscure internet forum Sarah Palin is preparing her acceptance speech for VP.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Yeah, its unfortunate that "his own party overthrew him"..Poor Ron Paul.

If the Republicans were true to their beliefs then Ron Paul would be holding the republican convention today instead of at another venue with thousands of people cheering for him.

I'm appalled at what the Republicans did to him so before you talk about party overthrowing anyone look no further than your own party.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by walkinghomer

I'm appalled at what the Republicans did to him so before you talk about party overthrowing anyone look no further than your own party.

Many reps are appalled that Paul thinks isolationism is good FP.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
To the OP, I totally agree! This was well orchestrated and brilliant!

To address something else I've seen in this thread and a few others. The libs are attacking Sarah Palin's experience and the fact that she came from small population Alaska. (therefore implying that she can't handle much more in the ways of representing vastly more people!)

What happened to the Democrats success stories (in their eyes at least)? Remember Jimmy Carter? Peanut farmer from Georgia? How about Bill Clinton? Pervert Governor of Arkansas (last time I checked Arkansas was NOT a large thriving heavily populated metropolis). These are the reasons I cannot fathom the Democrats' attacks on Sarah Palin. Why aren't they proud of the accomplishments of this small town hockey mom?

oh yeah.........agenda driven hypocrites

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf

oh yeah.........agenda driven hypocrites

Want to talk about hypocrisy?

How about the liberals and Dems' position that a woman's right to have an abortion is based on a right to privacy, but somehow Sarah Palin was required to tell the world her *daughter* was having a baby?

Don't they think Bristol Palin has a right to privacy?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Don't you think the McCain campaign probably thought ahead of time that it would be a good idea to divulge this information now (albeit not pertinent)? They knew as well as anyone that the MSM would probably dig up the information anyway in their attempts to "smear" her. Why?

Because everyone knows Obama is the anointed one chosen by the MSM and any decent Republican just CAN'T be true!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf

Don't you think the McCain campaign probably thought ahead of time that it would be a good idea to divulge this information now (albeit not pertinent)? They knew as well as anyone that the MSM would probably dig up the information anyway in their attempts to "smear" her. Why?

Because everyone knows Obama is the anointed one chosen by the MSM and any decent Republican just CAN'T be true!

I think the McCain campaign probably contemplated various scenarios. When the blogoshpere went crazy with the rumors about Gov. Palin not being the mother of her baby, they had to go public with the truth. I'm guessing they had no idea of the ferocity and mean-spiritedness of the left when it came to attacking the children.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by waterdoctor
reply to post by mhc_70

Odd, do you feel that you would like to share a fox hole with any of the four and that I am being unfair and that I should change my view of one of the candidates? Or am I being to slow in making up my mind about the other three? Just because some one does not support all my goals does not make them a P.O.S. it just means that I may not support them.

You must be unaware then that while a POW, McCain could have left his men in the POW camps and went home early...so the Viet Cong could spin it for humanitarian propaganda. No, he stayed with his men until they all came home, not to mention the torcher he could have also spared himself.

I would share a foxhole with any man like that on anyday.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Seriously dude, how old are you. How can I take anything you say serious when as an American I hear(read) you spelling lying as lieing..

"Obama is lieing to you"...Correction: Obama is lying to you..

Originally posted by mhc_70
Thanks for labeling yourself as an elitist right-off the bat.

How would that comment make me an Elitist. This is basic grammer. I was taught this in Grade 2 or 3. An Elitist, Me? Wow

This woman has ZERO-0-Zilch experience to be president. Her foreign Policy is because she neighbors Canada and Russia. She is the Governor of Alaska with a population of about 700,000 people.

POTUS primary duty is make desicions.

Govenors primary duty is make desicions.

Please, Please, Please tell me what decisions she has made that makes her qualified to be President. Don't turn this around and ask me what Obama did. Answer my question. What has Governor Palin done?

With that said. I really have to rethink the value of experience

I was hoping so...

I guess you could say I was flip flopping or maybe I just changed my position as situations changed that allowed me to view this in a different light

McCain: Highly experienced but the Bomb Bomb Bomb Iran did it for me

Your going to let a parody that didn't even top Weird Al himself decide your vote?

How can I answer this so you will get it.

YES. THERE IS NOTHING FUNNY ABOUT BOMBING INNOCENT PEOPLE.

Imagine what you would be saying if Iran's President was singing Bomb Bomb Bomb, Bomb Bomb US?

Sometimes we as Americans have to go back to the old saying. "Put yourself in the other person's shoes"

Edited to add.This is the last time I respond to long post with multiple quotes.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by walkinghomer]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Brilliance?? Palin??? In the same sentence

I'm for neither party......
BUT, Palin is a bad choice. A GIGANTIC bad choice.
Palin wanted Alaska to Succeed from The U.S. back in the 90's (she was part of a secessionist party called the AIP or something like that)..............
So McCain makes the brilliant decision to choose someone who is against the U.S... Lovely.

Wake Up!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by justme2
So McCain makes the brilliant decision to choose someone who is against the U.S... Lovely.

You do realize this is an idiotic post, right?

Palin is not against the U.S. You must be confusing her with Barry O.'s preacher, or Bill Ayers.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

You do realize this is an idiotic post, right?

Palin is not against the U.S. You must be confusing her with Barry O.'s preacher, or Bill Ayers.

Now I'm an idiot.. Ok.
If she wasn't against the U.S. -- Why was she a member of a party (the AIP) to have her state removed from the U.S.... Because she loved America so much? I think not. In the words of the AIP founder:
"I'm an Alaskan, not an American. I've got no use for America, or her damned institutions" -Joe Vogler, founder of the Alaskan Independence Party
Palin's husband is a member as well up until 2002, when he changed his reg to "undeclared"..
Do your homework.

[edit on 9/2/2008 by justme2]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Now I'm an idiot.. Ok.
If she wasn't against the U.S. -- Why was she a member of a party (the AIP) to have her state removed from the U.S.... Because she loved America so much? I think not. In the words of the AIP founder:
"I'm an Alaskan, not an American. I've got no use for America, or her damned institutions" -Joe Vogler, founder of the Alaskan Independence Party
Palin's husband is a member as well up until 2002, when he changed his reg to "undeclared"..
Do your homework.

Maybe they don't like the direction America is headed and are looking for change.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70

Then Palin should stay in Alaska, to bring about that change.
Kind of hypocritical of her to run for VP in the very same country she wanted to separate from.. And who her husband did (and still could?) want to separate from.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Now I'm an idiot.. Ok.

Good to see we agree on something.

If she wasn't against the U.S. -- Why was she a member of a party (the AIP) to have her state removed from the U.S....

Perhaps you can enlighten us with evidence of your claims. Note: one person claiming this to be true while technically "evidence" is really laughable. This is especially idiotic considering Barry O. say in a church for twenty years listening to a pastor who says things like "God Damn America!"

Did I miss your posts about how you were outraged at this?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

reply to post by mhc_70

Then Palin should stay in Alaska, to bring about that change.
Kind of hypocritical of her to run for VP in the very same country she wanted to separate from.. And who her husband did (and still could?) want to separate from.

Sounds to me like your afraid you might lose your govenor.

Besides shes already got the ball rolling in Alaska, we need change on a national level.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by mhc_70]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Now I'm an idiot.. Ok.

ABC Confirmed it.. Maybe you just don't want to look for yourself??

And further, isn't it surprising that when facts and truth (which it is) are brought to light, all you can do is name call?

Deny Ignorance.....It's the sites motto after all!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Now I'm an idiot.. Ok.

ABC Confirmed it.. Maybe you just don't want to look for yourself??

And further, isn't it surprising that when facts and truth (which it is) are brought to light, all you can do is name call?

Deny Ignorance.....It's the sites motto after all!

Do you have a link? I saw a link on another thread that lead to a page that didn't exist.

BTW, ABC also said the exit polls in 2004 showed Kerry was going to win.

Just sayin...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Here you go:

Palin AIP Ties Confirmed

Oh...And here is Palin addressing the 2008 AIP convention:

Palin Addressing 2008 AIP convention

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   

reply to post by jamie83

Here you go:

Those links don't confirm anything. The ABC blog simply quotes a dude who claims Palin was a member of the AIP.

Do you understand the meaning of the word "confirmed?"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join