It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it really aliens or just time travel?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2002 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Please read what I wrote before commenting on it. The big block capitalled bit in the centre. Go on, give it a go.

posted on Aug, 7 2002 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oisin
Please read what I wrote before commenting on it. The big block capitalled bit in the centre. Go on, give it a go.

Well Oisin, I know about this argument which seems perfectly logical.

The problem is that the universe is extremely wierd. There may be parrallel dimensions, or our universe might be a multiverse.

I myself doubt it is possible, but I will NEVER say something is impossible.

posted on Aug, 7 2002 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fearofthedark
If you can't say why, how can you be so sure?

Here's the why. Now, let me quote myself.

Originally posted by Cammo Dude
Time Travel

I still don't think time travel can be possible because it's not physically done. You may say something like, "People didn't think it was possible to go the speed of sound. But we did." That's done with physical means. Time is not a physical thing. Aging is the physical part of time. But aging can't be reversed. It can only be hidden. So to close this statement, time and its parts can't be reversed or "fast forwarded," they can only be played with to seem like time travel has happened (...meaning if playing with time happened, nothing would change because it never happened- except here.).

Confusing subject eh?

You may need to read it more than once.

posted on Aug, 7 2002 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Yeah, exactly. Except Cammo put it a lot better than I ever could have. And my theory that "It just can't, alright, don't # with me!" wasn't exactly enlightening. Anyway, cheers for clearing that up.

posted on Aug, 7 2002 @ 08:42 PM
link   
This is one of the many ideas I have thought about when it comes to an experience I have had with "beings".

posted on Aug, 7 2002 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Oisin:

I READ YOUR POST, FOR GODS SAKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just said I will never consider anything impossible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tsssssss...

posted on Aug, 7 2002 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Think about this now) If aliens are humans from the future trying to warn us about..., wouldn't they already have?

Review On Time Travel Problems

• Time is not physical so it can't be traveled.
  • Highly dangerous due to "Black Holes of Time."

When I talked to a friend about my "Black Holes of Time" theory, he said something like that happened in a Star Treck movie but they did find a way out. Never really watched Star Treck that much.
I always hate it when you thought you thought up something that no one else has but you find that it has been thought of already.
Oh, well.

posted on Aug, 8 2002 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Alright man, you read the post, and fair enough that you keep an open mind, which is always a good thing, but you've gotta admit that this isn't a case of something that science can eventually overcome, it's impossible by definition. The work of bad sci-fi and dreamers who can't accept the truth. But like I say, your opinion is your own, I'm not going to try and take tht away from you.

If however you've heard any kind of theories behind it you think are worth really looking at, post them, cos I would be interested in some kind of insight into the subject from someone who believes it's possible. Blind faith on the other hand, will get you nowhere.

posted on Aug, 8 2002 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Think if you tried using what would really happen in a sci-fi movie (that uses time travel) if you used what would really happen. For those who have seen the movie Lost In Space, that ending would never work (one reason is that the father would get stuck in a "Black Hole of Time."). The ending would be too complex to explain since there was a time bubble in the movie and that it caused destruction of the planet (yet the kid lived to the future. Huh????
).

posted on Aug, 8 2002 @ 08:33 PM
link   
it seems that time travel is extremely unlikely for at least a few thousand years. we don't even know 100% how time works, but anything is possible. yeah, it could be time travelers merely coming to observe their ancestors.

posted on Aug, 11 2002 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Oisen, if you do a search on the theories of Geometrodynamics, you might change your opinions a bit. The main problem is that you won't be able to follow the theory unless you've got some background in Physics or Quantum Mechanics. However, in a nutshell, the theory proposes that it's possible to view the past but not be able to have any *effect* on what you're viewing. This is because you'd only be viewing the "fading images", similar to the idea of watching a movie.

However, since the *theory* exists today even though we don't have any mechanical means to actually view the past now, it seems likely that we will *someday* figure out how to actually *accomplish* the task. After all, the *facts* of today were only fantasy in earlier decades...It seems to be mankind's biggest accomplishment to be able to think of the impossible & then eventually *make* it possible. After all, you only need to look at our scientific history to see that's exactly what we've *been* doing for centuries.

A closed mind will never be able to step outside for some fresh air.

posted on Aug, 11 2002 @ 09:29 AM
link   
To my knowledge, the aliens never said they were humans coming from the future.

Has anyone heard of cases where the aliens claimed to be humans from the future?

posted on Aug, 11 2002 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Nope, can't say I have, and it really wouldn't fit seeing as most reports of greys describe them as creatures more likely to have evolved from different species to our own, such as dolphins, so... I don't think the aliens if indeed they are there at all are future relatives of our own.

As for time travel, you're saying that we could see the past (thus finding out about events from before our own time in the purest sense of th word, without human falliblilty) but not influence it? (Cos obviously it's already gone). Surely that's the best way, we could see what's gone before giving us a better understanding of our own time without actually doing any sci-fi style catastrophes? Nice idea (I'll have to take your word for it though if the background in physics is really neccessary, I'm a history student an I haven't got a clue about any branch of science as such!) Cheers.

posted on Aug, 11 2002 @ 01:27 PM
link   
To defend the idea that the aliens come from the future, one has to consider also the following facts:

- several types of aliens have been reported. 4 types seem to be common:
- the short and tall greys
- the insectoid -praying mantis- type
- the reptilian type.
Except from the 2 grey types, they are pretty different physically from each other. Could they all be our descendants?
- The greys for example have features that I hardly see how we could obtain through future evolution:
- the number of fingers is different. What evolution process may have made them disappear?
- they have claws. Claws normally appear in predator species for a precise purpose: hunting. I don't think we will have to hunt with bare hands much in the future..
- their facial features and general proportions are different from ours.

posted on Aug, 11 2002 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Has anyone considered they could be from the past... just a thought... Probably unlikely but think atlantis, they were all supposed to real advanced. just a thought.

posted on Aug, 11 2002 @ 02:59 PM
link   
aliens have never said that they're humans from the future, but have they ever really said that they're aliens???

and about the different types of aliens - greys, praying mantis type, etc....possibly, millions of years in the future, we'll evolve into a few different species. who knows.

posted on Aug, 11 2002 @ 05:29 PM
link   
"Who knows." The eternal question. Indeed. Like I say though, you wouldn't want to think about this too much, it's way too confusing. Unless you're capable of considerably mor logical thought than I am. Which is fairly likely to be honest!

posted on Aug, 11 2002 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by addman987
aliens have never said that they're humans from the future, but have they ever really said that they're aliens???

Maybe they (some of them) don't even know the definition of "Alien". Especially those that would be in less dense dimensions than this ones. There could be beings in the same room with you right now, but you can't see them because their vibrational frequenty is not a match with your senses.

People who have Astral projections meet different "Alien" beings very regularly. I've seen some one of the times I went out of my body.

P.S: In higher dimensions, physics as it is here don't apply... People can travel by tought alone. Also apparently (from the individual stories I've read) time doesn't exist. Everything happens at the same time. You can visit any place of any time when you're out in the Astral or other dimensions...

posted on Aug, 11 2002 @ 10:01 PM
link   
It's up to you to decide whether this guy (Robert Bruce) is speaking the truth or not (but he's affliated with the monroe institute which has a very good reputation). This is while he's in the Astral world and he meets an E.T.

www.afterlife-knowledge.com...

There seemed to be nothing but blackness at first, then things lightened up and I sensed something moving through my field of view from above to below. Focusing my attention on the movement, perceptions of strange shapes began to form in my imagination. Rolling clouds, a huge snail shell looking object, and then a long cylinder. The cylinder appeared to be several thousand feet long and had what looked like a dish antenna on one end. Occasionally I heard strange gurgling sounds. Then something that looked like a huge mushroom went by, a large flat cap and stalk that reminded me of images of the Disk from my vision over twenty years ago. Then an odd looking shape like giant puffball came into view and I had the sense it contained intelligence of some type. I decided to try to make contact with it.

"Hello? . . . excuse me? . . . anybody home?" I called out tentatively. There was a funny gurgling noise and then I could feel something moving inside the puffball. It seemed to be sort of pulling itself into a form separate from the rest of the form. It felt like the inside of the puffball was filled with a sort of conscious Jell-O and a portion of it was separating and organizing itself into a form that could communicate with me. A little ball of this conscious Jell-O sort of oozed out of the rest of the mass and popped into view. My sense was that it was a shy sort of Being and not exactly sure how to communicate with me.

"Hi, my name is Bruce and I'm here on a tour with a group from earth. We're here to learn about the Gathering. Is that where I am?"

I could feel the little Jell-O ball in front of me working up the courage to begin speaking. When it did, I almost burst out laughing at the sound of its voice. It was a fast, very high pitched, squeaky voice, higher and faster then the Walt Disney's Chip and Dale, cartoon chipmunk voices, but with a similar sound. It spoke in repetitive, fast past sentences.

"Yes, this is the Gathering, you're in the right place, this is where many are gathered to observe the earth school. Sorry it took so long to get started, not used to acting as a separate individual, apart from the main body, took a while to separate this form from the whole to be able to communicate with you, can you understand my communication?"

"It's a little fast and high pitched, but yes, I understand. While I was waiting for you, I got the impression you were reorganizing and separating a portion of your consciousness. This isn't your native form of being?"

"Oh no, my form is more that of a whole, conscious on my many levels simultaneously, you seem to need a narrower band, smaller fraction of the whole, less than all levels available at once, to receive my communication, hence the separation. I'm just a small portion what's available, more at once would appear to be too much for you to comprehend, overload your switchboard, probably jam your circuits."

"I did hear a funny gurgling sound just before I felt you begin to separate from the whole," I said, wondering if it was somehow connected.

"Yes, we tried to communicate as a whole at first, but it was obvious from your response your weren't getting it, no comprendo, nada, over your head." The high squeaky voice was comical, cute and effective.

"Can you tell me why you're here?" I asked, prompted by Dar's voice on the tape to ask the question.

"We're here to witness the Big Event and report back to our home world. We're an information gathering unit. Like a news crew, you know, live from the scene, cub reporter, film at eleven, now back to the studio. We send reports of events as they unfold here back to our home world. We're from a different galaxy then yours.

I must have worded my next question poorly. All I intended to ask was a friendly, "Where you from," kind of question, like you'd ask any stranger, just to make polite conversation. When I did, the little blob I was talking to stopped abruptly and was quiet for about two seconds. I expected he would point to a distant star and say something like, "Our home world is over that way." That's not what happened . . .

"I'll show you, come right this way," it said in a determined, squeaky little voice.

I had the impression we both turned to the right and then the little guy pointed into space with something. After that, everything happened so fast, it will take longer for you to read the next sentence than it took for everything to happen. A bright yellow tube, like a Tube of Knowing I'd seen earlier, leaped forward and in an instant traversed thousands of light years of space. The Tube's straight line course then bent at an angle and leaped forward another couple of thousand light years. It's hard to believe what happened next. The little guy and I zipped along the first section of the tube in one or two milliseconds, turned and flashed across another couple thousand light years of space in the next millisecond or so. The whole while I could clearly see the stars and blackness of space ahead of us and feel a sensation of speed that is beyond comprehension in any physical world context. Each time we came to a place where the Tube bent and went off in different direction I could feel a slight sideways acceleration through the turn. While we were moving I could see the Tube continuing to form in straight line sections extending past the farthest stars I could see. At various, oddly spaced points the next Tube section would shoot off at a different angle, then continue in a straight line past the distant stars, only to repeat the cycle again. I have no way of knowing how far we actually traveled, but it had to be multiple, millions of light years. Then I saw the Tube had stopped forming up ahead and when we reached the end, we stopped.

"There it is, my home world, where we live, where we send the film at eleven," the high pitched, squeaky voiced little blob said to me.

I looked down and realized I was looking at a planet. It had swirling cloud patterns and its surface appeared to be mostly blue, and tan colors. We stayed for perhaps half a second.

"Well, seen enough? Well, okay then, time to go," my little buddy squeaked out.

posted on Aug, 11 2002 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I've had the same thing with acid... But that aint really the same thing I suppose, is it. Well, it seemed real. I'll get my coat...
Seriously though, would you really be tapping into a higher level or just experiencing dillusions if this happens? Like when people have NDE's, they see a tunnel of light; I've had this whilst in comatose or near comatose states and believe it's chemical, a vision problem, the euphoria caused by oxygen levels being at unnatural levels, whatever... I guess it's all about faith. And if all reality is just electrical signals and individual interpretation, then why could we not travel in our minds? Food for thought...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join