It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it really aliens or just time travel?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2002 @ 05:20 PM
link   
ok these are just my personal thoughts...

it is an impossibility to go backwards in time because of the numerous paradoxes that would occur by even your mere presence, however, i think that traveling into the future is a possibility, or at the very least, much more possible than going backwards. see, the future is unpredictable. what hasn't occured cannot be changed or altered by you or anyone. the saying that "the future is whatever you want it to be" is a little more truthful in this case. you could pretty much do whatever the hell you wanted in the future without a fear of some kind of massive, universe-shattering consequence. unless of course the machines have completly taken over...in that case we're all screwed. cheers!

posted on Oct, 14 2002 @ 05:31 PM
link   
actually now that i think of it, has anyone ever read the novel Timeline by Michael Crichton? in that he states a rather interesting theory of possible time travel. in the story, a group of scientists create a quantum computer which is able to calculte and allow people to travel through man made worm holes into other parallel universes. Crichton uses the multi-universe theory here to help state this situation. the multi-universe theory (for those who don't know) states that for every action a person takes part in every second of every day, thousands of 'parallel' universes are created, each revealing a different piece of that action and its seperate consequences. for example, there would (in theory) be a universe for something as small as you not brushing your teeth this morning, or waking up 5 minutes later than you did, to something larger like hitler winning world war two. it was a very interesting story and i would highly, HIGHLY recommend it to anyone (i'm a monster crichton fan)
. anyways, those are just my thoughts for now. cheers!

posted on Oct, 27 2002 @ 08:25 PM
link   
this is kinda off subject, but if the entire universe came to be at the same time, inclluding life forms then all life forms would be aproximatley at the same time in technology, but if there was some type of natrual way of time travel then as pointed out earlier a civilazation could continually travel back in time to give themselves better technology, so if a alien planet had some natrual way of traveling time then they would have much, much more advanced technology so they would be able to easily go anywhere.

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
Did anyone ever think that maybe, we as humans, just don't understand the concept of time. We (humans) created time to our own specific needs (calenders, lunch time....etc). Who says it is right?

When you said that it just reminded me of Navajos: they don't have a word for "time."

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Heh, I don't know if anyone has seen this but have you looked at the www.wingmakers.com site? It has a similiar theory about super beings that are god like and benevolant and are trying to help us. Kind of an interesting read i think.

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Time travel is impossible. If only for the reason that the energy required to restore the universe back to the state it was in at the time you wish to travel, would be 2X and we only have X to work with.

You can theoretically travel to the future but there wouldn't be anything there....remember, time is just space's expansion in the 4th dimension.

Sincerely,
no signature

And the idea that all life forms came into existance in relatively the same time, is pretty accurate, but still just a million years gap is a LOT on the techno scale.

Hmm as I always say, we are very lucky because we are the FIRST, the universe will be inherited by beings of the future (in the future mind you) where they will look back to the waking years of the universe...so hopefully we leave our mark like the pre-cambrian era critters.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Fortunately, we didn't listen those who were telling us that the A/H-bombs were impossible, the spaces flights were impossibles, flying over mach1 was impossible, going to the moon was .....Ok, you know what I mean, I stop my bla bla bla...

All of them had many goods reasons and wonderfulls theories to show us that they had right and we had wrong.

I don't believe anymore those who are telling me : " it's impossible ". I don't want to say that EVERYTHING is possible, but now, I'm circumspect.

Impossible yesterday = possible today

Impossible today = possible tomorrow

Impossible tomorrow = possible after tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Ok I shouldn't say Impossible, I should say that IT IS A FACT THAT YOU CAN NOT TIME TRAVEL AND YOU REVEALED IT IN YOUR OWN MESSAGE!

By saying there is a tomorrow is PROOF that there is not time travel, for if one could travel to the past, they WOULD travel to the past...our past, everyone's past...if they did that time would not progress because it is CONSTANTLY being altered by some doofus from the future.

And I don't know about you...but I think our second IS a second, and not 15 million years of some time traveling going on.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I think this is an accurate descrpition of time...

www.wisdomsdoor.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
you moronic beast of men. with no spirituality where will thy dwell for all eternity? tsk tsk tsk. time travel is NOT i repeat IS not impossible. seeing the fact that the word itself says IM possible.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
If you look at UFO photos you will definitely know that this could be time travel and inter-dimensional travel, but not by one race, by many, perhpas 100s. People involved in the study of aliens said that the US government has classified 47 different species of ETs.

UFOs have too many shapes and you can cleary distinguish they adopt different technologies. There one technology and shape that appears to be quite common, that is the magneto-gravitic and disc shape. Others are completely different.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Well, the USA flag is definately missing from those hi-tech spacecraft--- I am not sure, if that means anything

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Istvan
Well, the USA flag is definately missing from those hi-tech spacecraft--- I am not sure, if that means anything

That's the main point...

[edit on 8/31/04 by WisdomMaster]

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I read this thread title and thought, "just time travel.!?..Both are amazing!

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Time is only an illusion. When we generally refer to time what we are actually
talking about is the position of objects (big and small) in relation to each other.

For example when I ask the question: What time is it? My query is attempting
to find the position of the earth with respect to the sun in reference to my
current position on the earth. Our clocks and calendars are syncronized to
the earth's orbit (i.e. position) around the Sun. But what does this mean if
I'm on a different planet? Or even in a different solar system?

In every day life we often interchange time and distance without even realizing
it. For example: You're on your way home from work and you call home to
talk to your spouse. They ask you, "Where are you?" and you respond,
"I'm about 5 minutes away". Time and distance are sometimes intuitively
understood to be the same thing.

So when someone asks the question: "Is time travel possible?" they just
really don't understand the question. The question you're really asking
is: "Is travel possible?" and the answer is YES, it happens all the time.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Hi to all of you, to TruthCanHurt;
Not bad!
Let me put more salt ; The question is complique,
Yesterday I look in St. HAWKINGs books and I
win a headache; Why? Hmmm...
Time --- for spirit; Travel --- for body (matter )
It 's thruh the TIME don't exist,ilusion and how
you say connected whit a travel/matter.
But PAST, PRESENT and FUTURE are HERE and NOW.
Another way to explain (whit my poor english) is:
If you all remember ''colective coscience'' of C.G. JUNG?
He say all humains are conected (akachik recods --like)
and the soul/mind/ SPIRIT OF ALL IS together in the
past,present,futur: this is spiritual poin of view.
On another hand we have the material one and there
begin my headache,because just one word make a
STOP!!! The SINGULARITE. For the HUMAINS.
The Aliens or EBE I supose they just traveled/
changed the DIMENSIONS. Donc no Time machine.
Sory DEAD END for all of us.

regards chapo

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I'm just gonna put my two cents worth in...

Einsteins theories doesn't prove or disprove time travel. He says that it is possible, since space and time are inter-connected much in the same way matter and energy is. We've already produced a tremendous amount of energy from a relatively small amount of matter, and we've created a small amount of matter from a large amount of energy (particle physicists created a single particle that weighed as much as the entire nucleus of a gold atom several years ago from proton/anti-proton collisions). Computer generated models has shown that space "warps" as speed approaches the speed of light. This warpage continues into a singularity of some sort at 99% of the SOL. What happens to time at this point is unknown. Experiments have proven that the higher a velocity a mass travels, the rate of time decreases.

Ten years ago, I'd read an article in a science publication that a team of mathematicians in Sweden had developed a mathematical formula for time travel (my ex-wife must have thrown the magazine away, because I can't find anywhere), and been looking for it on the net and still can't seem to find it. If this was a legit formula, all the engineers have to do (not no light task) is utilize it and the physics to produce a machine capable of time travel. Everything that we have couldn't be possible if mathematics wasn't there first. I believe one day we will be able to manipulate time in some kind of manner.

So, it's quite possible the UFOs that we do observe, may be from our own future. The aliens? They are genetically altered humans, engineered to withstand the forces that would undoultedly be attributed with a vehicle to carry its occupants through time.

I ask you to look around you now. Everything you see, including yourselves is traveling through time this instant. It's only moving foward (or so they say), at a steadily, slow pace.

Hey, was this more than two cents worth?

[edit on 1/9/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Time travel is possible. Here's why.

Speed.

If I put an hourglass in a rocket traveling 1 year an hour, and I put another hourglass in a rocket traveling 10 years an hour, the second hourglass will run out 9 years after the first one.

Soak it in.

I think TT is possible, BUT only forward.

[edit on 2-9-2004 by AnonymousPoster4]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   
HI TO ALL OF YOU TO INTELEARTLIKG
Einstein Theories? Mr. Einstein= plagiator; why ? because hes first wife
the Serbe(Maria or like Iforgot the name) wrote E= MC2 and first
she put signature : after mr.Albert
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THEORIE---(from GREEC--theoria ) =Action of observation; knowleadge
soeculative-independant from Aplication!

HYPOTHESE-- (from GREEC--hupothesis ) =Suposition for something
possible or not possible [ Hamlet: TO BE OR NOT TO BE ]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Where is the proof--light/photon is the most rapid rabitt in the Univers-
theories/hypothesis???
The Photon have 20 years hard voyage/ travel from centre of the SUN
to be outside the SUN corona =wining hes freedom.
The neutrino have 20 seconds for the same voyage/travel =hes freedom!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If (yousay that) the Aliens are geneticaly altered humains---THANK YOU
VERY MUCH--that help me about the builders of the Pyramides topic
story/ hi-story.
My cat (not humor )say to me :the scentifics (95%) go not whit an
science ; they go whit scentism.

regards chapo

PS I try to be honest whit me and others: But I don't believe to myself!

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by chapo
Hi to all of you, to TruthCanHurt;
Not bad!
Let me put more salt ; The question is complique,
Yesterday I look in St. HAWKINGs books and I
win a headache; Why? Hmmm...

I've never been a big fan of mathematical representations of the
way the universe works. I do understand the need to try and describe
things in a concrete way though.

They say most people give up before reading half of that book, good luck!

But PAST, PRESENT and FUTURE are HERE and NOW.

Or in other words, What Has Happened (PAST), What is Happening (PRESENT), and What Might Happen (FUTURE).

When you look at it this way it becomes more evident that "Time Travel to
the Past" meaning changing what has already happened, does not seem
feasible.

Time Travel basically amounts to displacing something over a distance at
a certain rate of speed. Yes, it happens all the time to everyone. The
topic becomes more interesting though when the speed of displacment
gets very fast.

If you all remember ''colective coscience'' of C.G. JUNG?
He say all humains are conected (akachik recods --like)
and the soul/mind/ SPIRIT OF ALL IS together in the
past,present,futur: this is spiritual poin of view.

The Spirit seems to be not understood at all by science. Unbounded by
matter perhaps traveling great distances for the spirit is not a problem.

The Aliens or EBE I supose they just traveled/
changed the DIMENSIONS. Donc no Time machine.
Sory DEAD END for all of us.

Right, the time machine is really a distance displacemet machine.
Just think of all the extra "time" you would gain if you could appear
instantly at any point on the earth.

Let's see, I'd save 2 hours on my commute to work and back each day.
Going out to eat, to the store, upstairs, downstars...
It must be all this distance that's causing us to grow old! ;-)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join