It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black hole on earth? Worrying possibility..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freezer
I always wondered, could Mel's hole be something related to a black hole which got out of control in ancient times. Never did hear the conclusion to that story, or if there even was one. Mel did talk about stuff sinking into the ground, as well as all the other strange happenings.

Who is Mel and what is this about a hole he had in ancient times?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Art Bell did a show interviewing him here. Someone actually found the first hole on google, which just looked like a black dot, initially during the show it was covered up by a white patch. I guess the mib's were listening.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The Earth already has a huge black hole for certain.

It is called the Main Stream Media.

It swallows the truth, never to be seen of heard of again.

Cheers

Mungo

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrisFromGenk

Originally posted by constantwonder
well anyone who says black holes only exsist in sci-fi is well cracked imo we can see their ecreation discs around them so we know they exsist.

Well thank you very much. So in your opinion i'm well cracked, but you don't even know how to write accretion, wich likely is an indication that you have no idea what that word means.

Let me make a prediction. CERN will create NO black holes. Why? well, imo, black holes only exist in mathematitions minds.

since when did we account for spelling in regards to the amount one understands about a particualr subject?
perhaps after the debate tourney is over you would like to engage in a challenge match about physics.... that is unless you believe that my spelling would impead your ability to argue effectivly
anyways im throwing down the gauntlet this is a formal challenge to you to debate me on any physics related field it will just have to wait till after the tourney.

anyway, here is some of the evidence supporting the exsistance of black holes

science.nasa.gov...
www.space.com...
www.sciencedaily.com...

besides the fact that black holes DO EXSIST, there isnt really anything to fear from the LHC you can go back and read mine and a few other posts that explain why i mostly am posting again to call out this person who thinks spelling matters ><

and by the way if spelling shows true knowledge then i must say that it is spelled which not wich like in your post so i guess you dont even know what which really means......... anyone else see how patently rediculous this argument is

[edit on 7-9-2008 by constantwonder]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unium

The Lifeboat Foundation, a non-profit organization devoted to safeguarding humanity from what it considers threats to our existence, has stated that artificial black holes could "threaten all life on Earth" and so it proposes to set up "self-sustaining colonies elsewhere."

Am I the only one that finds this odd? threatens all life on earth, proposes to set up colonies elsewhere....besides Earth? this gets turned on in 2 days right?

As for black holes existing, no one really knows, many say it is fictional math to account for anomalies in the current model. Even if they do exist, we know only a fraction of what they actually are, and even that we're not sure on, so we're kind of playing with a loaded gun here at the moment.

EMM

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

Good thread here by MikeSingh, got this from it:

"The historical record clearly demonstrates that the Black Hole has been conjured up by a combination of confusion, superstition and ineptitude, and is sustained by widespread suppression of facts, both physical and theoretical.

It must not be forgotten that all the arguments for the black hole are theoretical, based solely upon the erroneous Hilbert solution and the meaningless Kruskal-Szekeres extension on it. One is therefore lead to wonder what it is that astronomers actually “see” when they claim that they have found yet another black hole here or there.

Besides the purely mathematical errors that mitigate the black hole, there are also considerable physical arguments against it, in addition to the fact that no event horizon has ever been detected. "

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think the main problem people are having is that they're not black...or holes, lol.

physicsbuzz.physicscentral.com...

I read a while back that Stephen Hawking, the father of black hole theory, has changed his stance on black wholes, he now considers them to emit light and sound, I have been looking for the paper he did on it, but I can't find it, anyone know where I can?

Food for thought

EMM

Edit: I always liked plasma cosmology, made more sense to me at least:

"A controversial alternative to black hole theory has been bolstered by observations of an object in the distant universe, researchers say. If their interpretation is correct, it might mean black holes do not exist and are in fact bizarre and compact balls of plasma called MECOs (Magnetospheric Eternally Collapsing Object).

According to the MECO theory, objects in our universe can never actually collapse to form black holes. When an object gets very dense and hot, subatomic particles start popping in and out of existence inside it in huge numbers, producing copious amounts of radiation. Outward pressure from this radiation halts the collapse so the object remains a hot ball of plasma rather than becoming a black hole.

"I believe this is the first evidence that the whole black hole paradigm is incorrect," says Darryl Leiter of the Marwood Astrophysics Research Center in Charottesville, Virginia, US, who co-authored the study. He says that where astronomers think they see black holes, they are actually looking at MECOs."

[edit on 8-9-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

[edit on 8-9-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Ive seen something about that too, Hawking has admitted he was wrong and now set about a new quest to find the answers, something about they may not be as damaging as first thought, but tbh i dont know its probably better if he explained it himself

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by Freezer
I always wondered, could Mel's hole be something related to a black hole which got out of control in ancient times. Never did hear the conclusion to that story, or if there even was one. Mel did talk about stuff sinking into the ground, as well as all the other strange happenings.

Who is Mel and what is this about a hole he had in ancient times?

what?!?! mel's hole is a seemingly never ending hole on some guys land, he is called Mel. Some guy threw his dead dog down there once, apparently, he found it the next day running around the woods by the hole, seemed to be the same dog. Mel's dog won't go near the hole and it apparently goes down 1000's of feet, he measured it using a weight and fishing wire.

Never heard it being related to black holes before, I've always assume it was a well, or hole in the ground or something.

EMM

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
Ive seen something about that too, Hawking has admitted he was wrong and now set about a new quest to find the answers, something about they may not be as damaging as first thought, but tbh i dont know its probably better if he explained it himself

I was pleased to see hawking change his theory, especially about 10 years after Collier had stated the same thing Hawking came out with, only his was some what more...unbelievable for some, still interesting, not many contactees can correct a world famous scientist, from information they got off ET's, lol.

EMM

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
hey EMM havent seen you posting for a while maybe ive just been caught up in my debates any how whats in a name.... black holes are something wether they are black or give off light and sound isnt the point.... my point being that whatever the heck it is... it is there something is there we just happened to call them black holes for now and disputing there exsistance over their name is silly, i know you weren't saying they dont exsist just that they may be different then we think.

anyway just because something is anomolous and strange beyond our understanding doesnt make them mathematical fabrications.... the vast majority of the physics i enjoy is purely theoreticle at this time doesnt mean its wrong just that we havent proved beyond all doubt. Heres the deal there are super massive "things"
out there that defy explanation...

we know these "things" are there through their indirect measurements and their influence on celestial bodies orbiting them. This is not a dispute this is a fact and for now these anomylous things are called black holes. What exactly they are isnt fully understood and i never tried to claim that black hole theory was 100% right but it is 100% fact that there is some "thing" out there that is abnormaly massive and abnormaly small for its tremendous mass and for now like it or not they are called black holes...

on a side note did anyone see the video of that fellow who sayed that black holes was a rasist term and even it turned out that that is exactly what they are the name should be changed..... i laughed all night over that one....

edit to put up black hole rasicst video link cant get it to embed enjoy i know i did

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder
hey EMM havent seen you posting for a while maybe ive just been caught up in my debates any how whats in a name.... black holes are something wether they are black or give off light and sound isnt the point.... my point being that whatever the heck it is... it is there something is there we just happened to call them black holes for now and disputing there exsistance over their name is silly, i know you weren't saying they dont exsist just that they may be different then we think.

Lol, thats true and I was being a bit silly, but with a serious point, a name gives a description of something, at least a 'label' does, rather than our sense of name. These people can't even describe these things properly, as they have mislabled it, so I don't give them much of my time, not saying they don't exist, only that our current model of 'what they are' is just so vague and misleading that I look for other answers, I'm still here, still looking.

anyway just because something is anomolous and strange beyond our understanding doesnt make them mathematical fabrications.... the vast majority of the physics i enjoy is purely theoreticle at this time doesnt mean its wrong just that we havent proved beyond all doubt. Heres the deal there are super massive "things"
out there that defy explanation...

Very true, but I have never been good with maths, so I usually stay away from maths, especially theoretical
, I was merely stating what I had heard people say, they could be wrong, who knows. One thing that does annoy me at the moment;

"that defy explanation...", unfortunately, this isn't the case, science tries to explain everything and IMO, is extremely bias towards the 'current paradigm'. This is not just 'our current paradigm', throughout any paradigm, it has resisted changed, one might think they have grown to realise a problem...they have not.

we know these "things" are there through their indirect measurements and their influence on celestial bodies orbiting them. This is not a dispute this is a fact and for now these anomylous things are called black holes. What exactly they are isnt fully understood and i never tried to claim that black hole theory was 100% right but it is 100% fact that there is some "thing" out there that is abnormaly massive and abnormaly small for its tremendous mass and for now like it or not they are called black holes...

IMO, we see the Effects and deem them the Cause, not in all cases, but most cases, we define them the minute we find them, and resist change towards this definition, the goal should be for continual growth, yet these definitions are defended till the dying breath and everyone jumps on the band wagon for the new explanation, it is a belief system, nothing more, it just offers a more...tagible faith. There are no facts, only the interpretation of man, never a truer word spoken, and by a man far greater than myself.

I agree, there is something out there, and we have called it a black hole

on a side note did anyone see the video of that fellow who sayed that black holes was a rasist term and even it turned out that that is exactly what they are the name should be changed..... i laughed all night over that one....

Political crrectness at its best, utterly retarded for a supposed 'advanced' race such as ourselves, I'm still waiting for the saying;

"Don't eat yellow snow" to become offensive to asian people, bearing in mind, it's not usually the 'ethnic' group themself that complain.

EMM

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join