It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Master Mason doesn't know squat!

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LowLevelMason

Glad I made you laugh. Does your cult allow you the freedom of laughter or will you now have to hop around on one foot while systematically repeating the lords prayer backwards?
Actually if you look back at my first post I started with a question. Is there some benefits to being a freemason that us mere mortals don't know about? Unfortunately I appear to have touched a nerve somewhere along the line hence the constant, you were black balled garbage. However, one of my fears of freemasonry has been nullified. I did tend to believe that freemasons were highly intelligent people. . . now I know they're not!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
Glad I made you laugh. Does your cult allow you the freedom of laughter or will you now have to hop around on one foot while systematically repeating the lords prayer backwards?

Nope. Although your obsession with hopping around on one foot and repeating things backward isn't something freemasonry can help you with. Perhaps you were looking for a cult instead? Frankly your desires are kind of disturbing - all your sick fantasies are not going to be fulfilled in any club I'm aware of. Hopping around..."rubbing private parts"...etc. I think you are looking for something that doesn't exist. I'd suggest satanism but I'm not sure if they'd have you.

Actually if you look back at my first post I started with a question. Is there some benefits to being a freemason that us mere mortals don't know about? Unfortunately I appear to have touched a nerve somewhere along the line hence the constant, you were black balled garbage. However, one of my fears of freemasonry has been nullified. I did tend to believe that freemasons were highly intelligent people. . . now I know they're not!

Nice try but you've demonstrated pretty completely that you have no idea what you are talking about. Your question was answered - its a optional club some people choose to join. If you don't like esoteric philosophy, then its not for you. But you weren't really here to ask questions, you were here to troll.which you tried and failed at.

I'm sorry you got rejected, but no amount of insults, ranting, raving, and hysteria is going to change that. There are other clubs, perhaps you should look into them. But like I said..nothing I know of is going to serve your rather...well.."strange" tastes.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

"Nice try but you've demonstrated pretty completely that you have no idea what you are talking about. Your question was answered - its a optional club some people choose to join."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What absolute nonsense. Is there any benefits to being a mason? Answer- its an optional club! Then it's an optional club which you may be black balled from if mummy or daddy won't let your friends use the Rolls at the weekend. Thats not an answer! However, I can see you might not be able to tell me the advantages of belonging to your cult as it might come under the heading of secrecy. If you told me you would get in trouble and before you knew it you would have the leg of your trousers rolled up and would be whipped on your altar!
Have you ever considered getting a life, perhaps meeting a girl, going out etc, instead of performing ridiculous rituals with your equally ridiculous apron wearing friends?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

I have already told you the answer to your question at least 3 times. You choose to ignore it because you are trolling. For the benefit of those reading though, once again:

The benefits of freemasonry are the opportunity to explore esoteric philosophy and the friendships that go along with that. There are no "material" benefits.

Have you considered getting a life besides telling other people how they should live their lives? Freemasonry takes up 1-3 hours a week for me - the same amount of time your on here whining about how you don't want to join even though no one has asked you to join. Perhaps your time management skills are so poor you can only do one thing at a time (troll on ATS), but that is not true of most people.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

well, aside from judging people's social lives you havn't met...

The benefits of being a Mason vary with the effort you put into it and the members of your lodge. For that matter, it can vary based on your opinion of what a benefit is.
For instance, one fellow's I've asked has stated for him the benfits were being part of an organization that men like George Washington, Voltaire, and variouse US presidents have been a member of. Others have told me it's just great to have something they can do that they enjoy, while taking take away from the family.
Some enjoy the camaraderie they feel with other members, while others enjoy the charity work.
Some would state that you would be able to rub shoulders with well to do or influential members, however that mainly would depend on the Lodge you are attending, and even then there is not a good deal of influential folks involved with Masonry.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

The response to your and my post is going to be along the lines of:

"LOL You call that benefits? Little immature men waltzing around in aprons and hopping around altars, you guys are so stupid and pathetic. I would never join freemasonry, its a stupid group."

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider

well, aside from judging people's social lives you havn't met...

The benefits of being a Mason vary with the effort you put into it and the members of your lodge. For that matter, it can vary based on your opinion of what a benefit is.
For instance, one fellow's I've asked has stated for him the benfits were being part of an organization that men like George Washington, Voltaire, and variouse US presidents have been a member of. Others have told me it's just great to have something they can do that they enjoy, while taking take away from the family.
Some enjoy the camaraderie they feel with other members, while others enjoy the charity work.
Some would state that you would be able to rub shoulders with well to do or influential members, however that mainly would depend on the Lodge you are attending, and even then there is not a good deal of influential folks involved with Masonry.

Thank you for a decent answer. So, do you think there any facts behind those stories of how masons dodge speeding fines or achieve promotion in advance of others? Also, I've heard that the freemasons do a lot for charity. How true is that?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Ah, reverse psychology works well on this one. RuneSpider told you exactly what I've said several times.

Nice try though

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason

Ah, reverse psychology works well on this one. RuneSpider told you exactly what I've said several times.

Nice try though

Sorry, you had your chance for a decent reply and you blew it. You've been black balled. I want to hear from runespider and what he has to say about the elitist aspects to freemasonry. Have a nice day!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Thanks for demonstrating beyond all reasonable doubt how childish you are. I'm perfectly happy with someone else telling you the same truth I just told you.

Please, please, listen to RuneSpider. He knows what he is talking about.

I am sorry you got rejected, but frankly if I were ever "accepted" by someone like you I'd be concerned for my mental health. Thanks for rejecting me!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

"I am sorry you got rejected, but frankly if I were ever "accepted" by someone like you I'd be concerned for my mental health. Thanks for rejecting me! "
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Said it before and I'll say it again for you my dim witted loon, never been rejected from anything. Sorry about that. I've never had a wish to join the freemasons but I am interested in the elitist side of it and what benefits it brings. There in was my original question which you immediately took offence to and went off on one of your childish rants. As for your mental health? I'm concerned for your mental health as well, and I'm sure I'm not the first one to ever have rejected you. I'm positive your well used to being rejected.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

The good news is you can apply in 6 months, but its just not likely that if you continue with these issues that they are going to accept you.

There is no "elitist" side to freemasonry - that is a myth you have chosen to believe in. The reality is just too dull and doesn't fit your trolling profile. Freemasonry is by its very nature one of the most anti-elitist organizations on the planet. Its membership is open to literally billions of people. Its principles are equality for all people.

If you were looking for some elite club last time you applied, you probably should look somewhere else. You won't find what you are looking for in freemasonry.

I'm sorry you take getting rejected so hard..but really man, its not a big deal. Might be some mental wellness issues that you need to work out from your responses.

Your true nature has been revealed here, and its obvious to all you are trolling. I immediately answered your question that there IS no elite benefit to freemasonry, and because that isn't the answer you want to believe - you rather believe in lies - you've engaged in a rather comical diatribe.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Very repetitive aren't you? Is that what you have, a compulsive disorder, repeating the same old rubbish time after time after time. . .
One more time, I've never wanted to join but I am interested in the advantages of being a mason. One huge disadvantage of being a mason in your lodge would be having to listen to your inane drivel. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt if you answer me this simple question;

"How many secret hand shakes are there and for what purpose are they used?"

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

That's the great thing about FACTS - they don't change. I am repetitive because I am telling you the truth, which you don't want to hear. You prefer lies.

There are three handshakes in the blue lodge. They are for the purposes of identifying oneself in the lodge. You can find them on google in 5 minutes. Side orders also have their own handshakes, although those are for the purposes of demonstrating the ritual - I've never seen a side order handshake given even inside the lodge except in the demonstration of the ritual itself. Probably because some side orders have so many degrees that it would be impossible to remember them all.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Manasseh

the best part about BoyScouts is that they were started by the Masons.
Infact Jamboree Road in OrangeCounty California is named after the great national Boy Scout Jamboree's held here when it was all orange groves and rolling hills.

there is assuredly no anti-God in Masonry in fact it is required to believe in a Supreme being- a Grand Architect of the universe. otherwise how can your oath to each other be vaild, if no one would be accountable.
no i would firmly state and defend Masonic principles as just, good and very open and generous to all,

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

www.sacred-texts.com...

You'll have to count them yourself, I'm afraid, but most of them should be lsited there. Their purpose is detailed as well.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.If you want to wear an apron become a chef!

Ah, but they serve Man!

Nice to see you again! I almost forgot about this thread.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

So, do you think there any facts behind those stories of how masons dodge speeding fines or achieve promotion in advance of others? Also, I've heard that the freemasons do a lot for charity. How true is that?

No, I don't believe there's any truth to it. It may happen occasionally but because that sort of behavior is explicitly against masonic rules it's not going to be widespread.

Yes, lots. Check out www.grandcharity.org... However please be aware that Charity is not a goal of freemasonry but a by-product.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Trinityman

i agree that it shouldn't be the main goal ...i was sad to see that as in The United States that IS the main thing of Freemasonry. I went to a lecture given by Brother Tom Jackson. in L.A here in California a couple years ago and it seems like freemasonry in the united states is charity goal driven, whereas in Europe and the rest of the world its more Esoteric or Spiritually driven.

I was sad to hear this, and i think there should be some reform in the united states on this issue, i mean yea charity is great but that shouldn't be the main goal of our fraternity. OF COURSE THIS IS IMO, and what i perceived from brother Jackson, and it has seem that the elderly brethren have "dropped" the ball and have left it for us to pick it up again.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Well, this OP is entirely false. Seeing as how their is no higher degree than the Master Mason you would be wrong. The Scottish Rite is not superior to the Blue Lodge, nor is the York Rite, Shriners and OES. The Master Mason is eligible to lead the State, the highest authority for a Mason for their respective State.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join