page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jfiery

Jfiery -

Is it what I expected.... Yes and more.

Let me say one thing before I give you couple examples. I am going to bet that some of my more experienced brothers on this site will agree. MASONIC LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT.

Let me explain. There is a ton of things you can do and lots of things you can experience once you are raised to a Master Mason. I am extremely fortunate in that much of it is there for the taking for me. I am a member of a lodge that is under the jurisdiction of the Grand Lodge of Pennsylvania. I also meet in a lodge that is fortunate enough to meet within the Masonic Temple in Philadelphia. There is a wonderful museum and library that I can utilize. I have the ability join any appendant body within the same facility.

All that I say, not to make you believe it "easy" for me. I say it because it's what I make of it. I use the library. Many of my brothers don't. I view the artwork within the Temple and question it's nature. Many of my brothers don't. I have joined the Pa Academy of Masonic Knowledge. Most of my brothers haven't. You get the point I am sure.

All of these things are available to any Mason, anywhere. It just depends on how much you want it. I would continue my quest for knowledge and understanding even if it wasn't as "easy" as it is for me. That is in my nature. That is what makes Masonic life appealing to me.

There are hundreds of reasons that people join. There probably are very few reasons that aren't good reasons. (If you join for self gain other than a quest for knowledge you will be sorely disappointed.) The lodge has given me the opportunity to "make myself a better man" in the short time I have been involved. The more I get involved, the more I will get in those terms.

I have also got to meet some wonderful people whom I otherwise would never have met. All are but a phone call away if I have questions or want clarity on anything masonic. This includes a few people who I have had the opportunity to meet per chance. They are have been as helpful and as willing to speak to me as anyone within my lodge itself. What's great about these guys is that if you were to approach any of them and ask questions, they would speak to you as openly about your concerns, etc. I would think you would get multiple dinner invitations to "come see for yourself."

The guys that have really impressed me have been the ones who have been the ones that through ACTIONS have supported my logic for joining. Many of these guys belong to multiple organzations outside of masonry. Be it Little League, Pee Wee Football, Scouts, etc. they are involved in the community. If it was just masonry for masonry sake it would be too cult like and a burden. If the education was forced upon you, again, cult like. If you demanded to participate, cult like. None of these are true. It's what you make of it and how you want to be involved.

I hope that answers your question. Be more than happy to speak to you via U2U if you have more questions or want more detail.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Absolutely accurate.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/9/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Some of the greatest men in my community are Masons they are the leaders of my county, layman in my church, and mostly proud veterans glad to continue serving there country some way. Ive thought about it allot especially after reading this thread. I am proud to say that as soon as I can get some time off of work I am going to the local lodge and asking to join. If it can help me be like some of the great masons I know its well worth it.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ...and justice for some

I have thought about joining for many years, but I never did. I like to think of myself as something of a maverick, and in general I am not a joiner. I did a lot of research on the masons, and many other orders, and I am in agreement with many of their precepts. I also believe we as a society would somehow be incomplete without them, and many great accomplishments would not have been possible without the lodges.

However, personally, I believe fundamental light is universal, accessible to all for the asking. And as I have grown older, or rather matured, by degrees I have become a citizen of the universe. What I am trying to say is my consciousness has grown, my awareness of my place in the universe. I understand the importance of community, but my head is in the stars, and if the universe grants me my wish, my feet will be there also.

Damn, enough about me now already! Soon I will reveal a trick used by all the great masters of the arts, the complete application of the measuring rod.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

Matyas -

All very valid and much like myself. I have in my life joined Little League, HS Track & Field (Javlelin which is a little different) and my collegiate Rugby team then played for 2 years after. The Masons are the only organization I chose to join. The universality of the organization drew me to them. Much like yourself I believe i am a citizen/student of the universe. That was very well phrased by the way. I have found nothing that doesn't work in that vein to date. I think you would be suprised at the "body of thought" that exists within the brotherhood.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas
reply to post by ...and justice for some

I have thought about joining for many years, but I never did. I like to think of myself as something of a maverick, and in general I am not a joiner. I did a lot of research on the masons, and many other orders, and I am in agreement with many of their precepts. I also believe we as a society would somehow be incomplete without them, and many great accomplishments would not have been possible without the lodges.

However, personally, I believe fundamental light is universal, accessible to all for the asking. And as I have grown older, or rather matured, by degrees I have become a citizen of the universe. What I am trying to say is my consciousness has grown, my awareness of my place in the universe. I understand the importance of community, but my head is in the stars, and if the universe grants me my wish, my feet will be there also.

Damn, enough about me now already! Soon I will reveal a trick used by all the great masters of the arts, the complete application of the measuring rod.

The things you are saying are precisely compatible with masonry.

Masonry doesn't claim to be the only way to truth, nor does it claim responsibility for all the good things and bad things that are attributed to it.

A lot of the biggest renegade and maverick conspiracy nuts I know are masons.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

Just so you know, the "G" is supposed to be a symbol for geometry. When I heard that I cringed as I sucked in geometry. I really liked algebra but the G word, It did bad things to my GPA. Our teachings in masonry are much more speculative than operative, but I would be interested to know how much the math that you know could answer or unlock some of the mystery that has gone un noticed. God gives people tallent or skills for a reason. Maybe it would be a dead end, maybe not. But you sound like a very interesting person none the less. Have fun whatever you do.

Mike

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mason mike

I always assumed the G was for GAOTU but it also reminscent of the eternity symbol a snake eating its own tail, see emseds sig & u may agree or not. I always thought it interesting the symbol for General Viewing on our TV is the G in the pyramid

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar_Chi

The G in the symbol stands for Geometry in the UK, and in the US can stand for either God or Geometry, if I miss my guess. As for television, the G stands for "General audiences."

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The Freemasons here are so obvious. We wouldn't trust a Mafia member saying that they had been in the group and knew it was OK. Any criminal organization or agency can throw people off the track by having members of it come out and say that the organization is a good one. That's why we should believe the mountains of evidence to the contrary, and not these suspicious current and former Masons that populate ATS.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LordCarpainter

Please, show us your mountains of evidence to the contrary mate.
Not that I doubt you, but care to show me the real evidence, instead of re-quotes and Youtube videos.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mason mike...I would be interested to know how much the math that you know could answer or unlock some of the mystery that has gone un noticed.

That is like asking for proof of God in math. This would be considered a sign, or attesting miracle.

Jesus says in Matthew 12:38-42, specifically verse 40 (notice the number 40 for enough!) [color= red]"for as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the sea monster, so shall the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth."

This is the resurrection, and known unto you as Arcturus, the part of Osiris's body which Isis did not recover.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar_Chi

God, Grand Architect Of the Universe, all the same thing. Same dude, different name. GAOTU is just a secular way of saying it, without promoting one religion over another. That is to say, most people's God's are the GAOTU of their universe, right?

Anywho, the snake eating it's tail is a Celtic, Norse, and other indo-European symbol, not a Masonic one (though it is not uncommon to see a Master Mason with the symbol) it's called an Ouroboros and it represents eternity, unity, infinity.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
For Mm and interested parties, here is some non mathematical bits and pieces you all may enjoy.

I'll get to this ruler I spoke of in due course. There is much to do everywhere.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordCarpainter
The Freemasons here are so obvious. We wouldn't trust a Mafia member saying that they had been in the group and knew it was OK. Any criminal organization or agency can throw people off the track by having members of it come out and say that the organization is a good one. That's why we should believe the mountains of evidence to the contrary, and not these suspicious current and former Masons that populate ATS.

I would appreciate it if you would not make a blanket statement saying that I belong to a criminal organization.

I do not belong to a criminal organization and your continued implications that the masons are criminal is bordering on slander.

If you can't present your opinions and facts as a logical rational person and let others decide, then you are the dictator.

If you would like, please present one piece of your 'mountain of evidence' and let's discuss it like human beings. If you don't want to do that then take your rude and salacious implications elsewhere because I won't stand by while you slander my family.

This is how honest intellectual debate on ATS degrades into pathetic name-calling.

If you are looking for answers, start asking questions. If you are a skeptic start putting up your claims, otherwise stop wasting our time and the anti-mason's time with this kind of no-point posting drivel.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
This quote is for my esteemed foe Achilles. We may not agree on any single thing by any stretch of the imagination, but he has my respect for creating a position and defending it with unwavering strength.

He's wrong, of course, but you have to respect his fortitude.

And now, without further adieu, From Duncan's Ritual of Freemasonry:

EXTRACTS FROM "A DICTIONARY OF SYMBOLICAL MASONRY, INCLUDING THE ROYAL ARCH DEGREE," BY THE REV. G. OLIVER, D. D.

ACHILLES.--Perhaps some worthy people may stare when we point out Achilles as a Freemason.

What! we hear them ex-claim, is it possible that that fierce and ferocious man-slayer, nay, man-eater at heart, for he exhibited a strong propensity to cannibalism in longing to have devoured the dead body of Hector--is it possible that he could have been one of our philanthropic society?

Yes, we reply, such is the actual fact, and Bonaparte was one, too, in the highest degree. But, if you will not believe Homer, or us, believe your own eyes, if, indeed, you are a Mason.

Ecce signum!

Behold Achilles giving Priam THE HAND, when the latter is supplicating for the body of his slain son:

"Thus having spoken, the old man's right hand at the wrist He grasped, that he might not in any respect be alarmed in mind."

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LordCarpainter

The Freemasons here are so obvious. We wouldn't trust a Mafia member saying that they had been in the group and knew it was OK. Any criminal organization or agency can throw people off the track by having members of it come out and say that the organization is a good one.

That was classic

Thanks for participating!

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Manasseh

I have to agree with you there. Popping in to make one post post claiming Masons are evil, not backing it up with his mountains of evidence, and then skipidoodles. Sounds like a classic Anti-Mason post.
No arguement, no real information, just more rumors tossed on the pile.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

From the U2U's I've received, people are fed up with the gangs of freemasons on this site, using their fancy Latin and symbols.

And so am I.

The freemasons knowledge comes from books, but there is no true wisdom there.

Heck, Hiram Abiff was a bronze worker, not a mason. They can't even get that right.

The Freemasons are the minions of the anti-christ.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by stompk/cutbothways/Manasseh
From the U2U's I've received, people are fed up with the gangs of freemasons on this site, using their fancy Latin and symbols.

The only Latin symbols we employ are called letters. You know, the things that you use to make words.

And so am I.

Aw, we are not sick of you. You always had and still do have such entertaining posts.

The freemasons knowledge comes from books, but there is no true wisdom there.

Wisdom comes with experience and the employment of said knowledge from books as well as other sources.

Heck, Hiram Abiff was a bronze worker, not a mason. They can't even get that right.

It is called an allegory. But you probably knew that and did not feel like mentioning this fact.

The Freemasons are the minions of the anti-christ.

I actually believe the ignorant are the minions of the Anti-Christ. How else can the beast lead execpt by leading the uneducated or those unwilling to learn?

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join