It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Master Mason doesn't know squat!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Manasseh

How are things in CO cutbothways? We really did miss you.
Are you still the parakeet?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Hi all,

I am new here and happened across this post.

A little of my Masonic background;

Master Mason
Scottish Rite 32nd degree
District Officer
Grand Lodge Committee member

We are not a Secret Society, we are a society with Secrets. In reality you can find just about all of our secrets easy enough, just Google it, they are there. How hard is it to find a Masonic Lodge? Mine is in the town center.

Simple history - Original stone masons (operative) would learn the "secrets" of how the masonry work (craft) was done by proving they could do the work and pass the tests of the simplest stone work, then they would learn the next level of skill. Just like any trade, you had to start off at the bottom and prove yourself before you were given the next level of trade secrets. This is how the working men were paid, the higher their level of masonry knowledge, the more they made. The "secret" handshake etc, was a way for one higher level stone mason would recognize another of the same skill level.

We as modern (speculative) Masons, live by the same system of knowledge and "secrets" of the lower levels "work". Our work is centered on charity and service for our fellow man.

My lodge has Catholics (me), Christians of all denominations, Mormons, Jewish, Mizrahi Jews, men have sworn the oath on the Bible, Torah, and Koran. The requirement is the belief in a Diety, that's it.

I hope this helps, and look forward to some interesting discussions

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Manasseh
For a moderator who actually doesn't moderate this forum,

How did you come to that conclusion?

Not defending OP, and didn't read the rest of the thread. I just want to point out that your name is not on the bottom of the thread where it says "This thread is in a forum moderated by: TheBorg, lombozo, WyrdeOne, benevolent tyrant, HarlemHottie, yeahright, Sauron, NGC2736, khunmoon, JacKatMtn, Spiderj, GAOTU789, kleverone, Hal9000"

just my 2 cents.

edit: I stand corrected my apologies.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by hILB3rT]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by hILB3rT

Supermoderators are not listed because they Moderate every Forum.

Now back on topic: "Non-masons know more about Masonry than Masons"

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyfloatingNow back on topic: "Non-masons know more about Masonry than Masons"

Now that does cut both ways!

You kill me SF

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealityisanIllusion

Well, that is pretty dillusional. You have to be 18 to join the Masonic Lodge. Children are not allowed into Freemasonry. However, you might have been in the the Jacques DeMolay thing.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by RealityisanIllusion]

This is not entirely true, one must be of legal age to petition a lodge. But i have it on good authority (The eastern star wife of a 33rd degree), that when the child or grandchild of a 33rd degree is born, he is given an honorary initiation and given a masonic ring held in trust by the father/grandfather to be given when the child is of age.

I'm sure that some masons here might not have heard of this. but she said she was there for her grandson's initiation, and i dont believe her to be a liar.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manasseh

Take a look at the hierarchy.

Image source

Interesting and eerily similar.

Time for a change?

Give me liberty and the North American Union?

Notice the A on the back of the coin.

The symbol for anarchy.

It also looks like the symbol for the International Workingmens Association, which originated out of the industrial workers revolutions of 1848 europe.

The Masonic "level in a circle" at first used by the Federal Council of Spain of the International Workingmen's Association. Note the inclusion of the Plumb, one of the working tools of operative masonry, and a symbol of rectitude of conduct[

The first recorded use of the A in a circle by anarchists was by the Federal Council of Spain of the International Workers Association. This was set up by the freemason, Giuseppe Fanelli in 1868. It predates its adoption by anarchists as it was used as a symbol by freemasons amongst others.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 3-10-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

That is the Amero, brought to you by the same robber barons who stole your lunch.

That is A for anarchy, which is our calling card when the Amero replaces the dollar.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Secret Master
This is not entirely true, one must be of legal age to petition a lodge. But i have it on good authority (The eastern star wife of a 33rd degree), that when the child or grandchild of a 33rd degree is born, he is given an honorary initiation and given a masonic ring held in trust by the father/grandfather to be given when the child is of age.

As the 33rd degree is no higher than the 3rd degree, there would be no "honoary initiaition." In fact an honorary initiation doesn't exist to begin with for ANYONE under any circumstances. I think most Grand Masters do reserve the right to make Master Masons by sight should they so choose to, but its rare and the person they make a mason by sight must still meet the proper landmarks (male, over 18, etc.).

Originally posted by Secret Master
I'm sure that some masons here might not have heard of this. but she said she was there for her grandson's initiation, and i dont believe her to be a liar.

Well, you were lied to if you were told that anyone under 18 in a regular lodge (AFM/AFAM/Prince Hall/etc.) was made a "honorary mason." It could be the case in a clandestine or irregular lodge, but then none of the people involved would be considered regular or treated as masons by the vast majority of the craft.

The only possibility that comes to mind is a masonic "dedication" service. Thats not really what its called, but I remember reading about something that was done a long time ago where people involved in the lodge might bring their son in and the lodge would "dedicate" itself to looking after and helping the child whenever he may need it. I don't think its done anymore or was done for a long time - might even be a clandestine lodge thing. Its just something I read about somewhere a while ago and I can't put my finger on the source so I can't remember the details at the moment.

However, I'm grasping at straws. In either case, its not a honorary initiation.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Win1892

Welcome Brother!
Enjoy your time here. You will read some amazing things you never knew about Masonry here.

Mike

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
2nd Degree here. I'll become a Master Mason on October 25.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

Be carefull when feeding the goat. Ours was real mean.
Enjoy being raised. Congradulations and my advise is to give back your third as soon as possible so you can relax the grey matter for a bit. Attending regular meetings and degrees will let you know what things you really need to remember. I try to do the working tools at degrees whenever possible so I don't forget them. Have a good day brother.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOFreemason
2nd Degree here. I'll become a Master Mason on October 25.

So, how did it go?

Did the goat live?

Did the rash go away?

Welcome brother!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Appak

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Appak

Thanks to Menasseh for all the great info.

Masons should stop posting - everybody here knows their agenda and their comments are just spam 99% of the time. They will do and say anything to defend their dajjalic religion, they have no integrity.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellokello
reply to post by Appak

Thanks to Menasseh for all the great info.

Masons should stop posting - everybody here knows their agenda and their comments are just spam 99% of the time. They will do and say anything to defend their dajjalic religion, they have no integrity.

Do you often try to shut people up who have direct experience about the things you think you know about? It must make for a interesting life.

I'm so glad you know all about the masonic agenda, which is to impress upon its members the importance of a set of virtues and improve their communities. Such a evil and diabolical agenda it is!

I don't know what "dajjalic religion" is, but I do know freemasonry meets none of the requirements for religion regardless.

Finally, how nice of you to proclaim that masons have no integrity. I'm so glad you can sit in divine judgment of 5+ million people who you've never met. God, I'm sure, is so proud of you.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join