It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Governor Palin: On The Issues

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
We know she's a mom. We know she's anti-abortion - pro-death penalty- and anti-gay relationships

what else do we know about her?
well, from a non-paritsan organization who exists to record everything about politicians - we dont see much at all ....but okay - she's new - what else can we base our judgements on?

Its hard to tell, because she's removed her governorship campaign rhetoric

and now - if you visit palinforgovernor.com you get redirected to McCains website

so it appears at its facade that she's removed everything she stood for in order to accommodate McCain and be a 'yes man'

So if i'm a swing voter, where does she stand on the following issues?

Has she made any executive decisions to back up those stances?

What presidential issues does she have an opinion on from the following? Because i cant find it anywhere

• Foreign Policy
  • Gun Control
  • Budget & Economy
  • Education
  • Homeland Security
  • Crime
  • Government Reform
  • Health Care
  • War & Peace
  • Drugs
  • Tax Reform
  • Abortion
  • Free Trade
  • Civil Rights
  • Social Security
  • Families & Children
  • Immigration
  • Jobs
  • Welfare & Poverty
  • Corporations
  • Energy & Oil
  • Environment
  • Technology
  • Principles & Values

Some things like Aboriton - i know where she stands

But what executive decisions has she made regarding abortion?

If she's an executive decision maker ... then why can't i find any made decisions?

[edit on 8/30/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
SHe can dance, we know that already.

I said in another thread, a prediction thread, that McCain would pick a slightly-younger than him, rich, white guy.

You can throw stones now. This person is different. She has no old/rich/white guy scruples.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
We know she's a mom. We know she's anti-abortion - pro-death penalty- and anti-gay relationships

I'm pretty sure she vetoed a bill that would have made same-sex marriages illegal, so I would say she's anti-gay relationships.

I also think it's safe to say she's anti-gun control.

She also fought to get oil companies to pay higher taxes.

She's for government transparency and has a history of battling her own party's corruption.

She has a son in the military, which probably means that she wouldn't take sending troops into harms way very lightly.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
This might help...

PHILOSOPHY IN GOVERNING - I look forward to building a team that will put Alaskans first! I believe in fairness and inclusion and will call on the public to work together for Alaska's common good.

I refuse to use divisive tactics that polarize us for political gain. As Mayor of Wasilla, the fastest growing area of Alaska; as President of the Alaska Conference of Mayor; as Chair of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission; and as a business owner and mom, I approached issues with a fair, balanced, common sense approach. I love the challenge of hiring and appointing the best people to serve with me and I will bring this positive approach to Alaska as Governor.

In building a public service team, my commitment to my home state is to always put Alaskans first and never allow special interests to take advantage of us. I know that government has its place, and it should be limited. My focus is on education, public safety, infrastructure and access to our resources. As manager of our vast public resources, the Governor must act as an effective CEO on behalf of all Alaskans in negotiating the best deals for the state, and I am prepared to tackle that challenge.

web.archive.org...*/

[edit on 30-8-2008 by jamie83]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Wow, jamie, you actually gave us something we didnt have before

thank you

but to the external link its self

she puts Alaskans first - except when it comes to the rights of women?...

Sounds like she's putting her political career first.

Wait and see. When the debates start, and she's getting ragged on - don't come here and say they're being too mean to a girl.

She will cave and crumble.

McCain made a wonderful first round choice. She'll survive rounds 1 and 2, might last round 3

but in this heavy weight championship of the world fight - we're going all 14 scheduled rounds

McCain's VIP pick will make for flashy news until she's forced to stand up and debate someone who will literally shred her to pieces based on her complete lack of experience

Hell hath no rath less a woman scorned (or something like that)

But McCain hath brought on hell and scorned himself with THIS woman.

Time will tell.

Remember - you heard it here first.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Andrew, I appreciate you having started this thread. It should be very interesting to watch Gov. Palin debate Sen. Biden.

And I believe you were aiming to say:
"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned / Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned."

--'The Mourning Bride', William Congreve

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

And I believe you were aiming to say:
"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned / Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned."

You said it better

I was trying to say that McCain made a huge mistake in resting on the notion that "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" because THIS woman (palin) wont be able to keep up.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
I'm pretty sure she vetoed a bill that would have made same-sex marriages illegal, so I would say she's anti-gay relationships.

Instead of saying "I'm pretty sure she..." why don't you just look it up? You would at least gain credibility.

Palin Opposes Same-sex Marriage

Palin is strongly pro-life and belongs to Feminists for Life.[8] She opposes same-sex marriage; but, she has stated that she has gay friends, and is receptive to gay and lesbian concerns about discrimination.[8] While the previous administration did not implement same-sex benefits, Palin complied with a state Supreme Court order and signed them into law. [32]

She supported a democratic advisory vote from the public on whether there should be a constitutional amendment on the matter.[33] Alaska was one of the first U.S. states to pass a constitutional ban on gay marriage, in 1998, along with Hawaii.[34]

Palin's first veto was used to block legislation that would have barred the state from granting benefits to gay state employees and their partners. In effect, her veto granted State of Alaska benefits to same-sex couples. The veto occurred after Palin consulted with Alaska's attorney general on the constitutionality of the legislation.

I can't say for sure whether she really felt that same-sex couples deserve benefits, considering she only vetoed it after finding out it might be unconstitutional...

Anyway, yes, Andrew... if she had a voting record, we could find out how she feels on these issues. Anyone who votes for her is going in blind.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Well Obama has been campaigning for the last year and a half, and we still don't know anything about him.. He the perfect stranger. Nobody can even be certain as to where he was born or what his real name is..

At least with Palin, we know she's a natural born citizen, we know what her real name is, and we can actually see her accomplishments on the behalf of the state of Alaska.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I guess McCain picked Palin to counter Lord Obama's inexperience.

Here are some little known facts about Sarah Palin....according to this website...not me.

www.palinfacts.com...

Sarah Palin isn’t allowed to wield the gavel at the convention because they’re afraid she’ll use it to kill liberals.

Sarah Palin once won a competitive eating contest by devouring three live caribou.

Sarah Palin once carved a perfect likeness of the Mona Lisa in a block of ice using only her teeth.

Sarah Palin will pry your Klondike bar from your cold dead fingers.

Sarah Palin doesn’t need a gun to hunt. She has been known to throw a bullet through an adult bull elk.

Sarah Palin drives a Zamboni to work.

Sarah Palin got Tom Brady pregnant, and then left him.

Sarah Palin is allowed first dibs on Alaskan wolfpack kills.

Sarah Palin will send Biden a pre-debate cheat sheet. The sheet will have tips on defending against Kung Fu Death Grip.

Little Known Fact re/ Sarah Palin: Jesus has a bracelet that says, "WWSPD?"

[edit on 30-8-2008 by RRconservative]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
Well Obama has been campaigning for the last year and a half, and we still don't know anything about him.. He the perfect stranger. Nobody can even be certain as to where he was born or what his real name is..

Thats because you allow Rush Limbaugh to shovel feed your brain with what you should and should not think.

I know LOTS about Obama.

I dunno why you refuse to educate yourself....

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by jamie83

Instead of saying "I'm pretty sure she..." why don't you just look it up? You would at least gain credibility.

Sorry, you are completely right. I was tired and too lazy to look it up last night because my computer kept getting stuck and I didn't want to wait to switch windows and have the computer get locked up again.

I can't say for sure whether she really felt that same-sex couples deserve benefits, considering she only vetoed it after finding out it might be unconstitutional...

Personally, I find it very appealing when a politician places respect for the rule of law over their own personal beliefs.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
She attractive enough, so they will probably win and he will drop out for health reasons and stress, she will become the female president by 2009's end. At which time the pope will die and the next Black pope will be issued the final title as predicted in Nostradamus. Yep, its all clear now, we are squwered.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Thats because you allow Rush Limbaugh to shovel feed your brain with what you should and should not think.
I don't even listen to Rush limbaugh Andrew.. So much for what you know about me.

I know LOTS about Obama.
I'm sure you know all the PR hype and Democratic talking points about him, but how much factual information do you really have?

I dunno why you refuse to educate yourself....
Should I get all my so called facts about him from his web site like you do?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Should I get all my so called facts about him from his web site like you do?

i get my facts from non-partisan sources like this

i think i may have quoted obama's website twice on here - and it was to answer someone questions about what he said on a particular subject

if you dont listen to rush limbaugh - then you have a 'miss cleo' psychic connection with him.

Because you both spout the same non-sense.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

i get my facts from non-partisan sources like this

i think i may have quoted obama's website twice on here - and it was to answer someone questions about what he said on a particular subject
I thought the Obama campaign sent you talking points and answer sheets to post on the board..

if you dont listen to rush limbaugh - then you have a 'miss cleo' psychic connection with him.

Because you both spout the same non-sense.
No psychic connections Andrew, just common sense and analytical thinking.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Shes also Pro-gun. Don't forget that. Shes a member of the NRA. Women with guns are sexy as long as they don't point it at me.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
See....with that kind of intrigue, it'll be people like you that change the election to a 30 minute TV special like American Idol, where you'll text message in your vote and watch the winner get a special government contract to sign on national TV

she's "sexy"

so what?

Doesnt mean she's qualified or intelligent enough to do the job.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

I guess you emphasize the word sexy cause its a catchy word for you and forget the rest of what I said. I included the gun issue cause the posters seem to not included in this thread. I'm sorry (which I'm not) for making you pissed off.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by deltaboy]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

See....with that kind of intrigue, it'll be people like you that change the election to a 30 minute TV special like American Idol, where you'll text message in your vote and watch the winner get a special government contract to sign on national TV

Wiggin, actually I believe it was the Dems who just attempted this in Denver.

And to be fair, it was more like a cheesy made for tv movie and not nearly as entertaining as American Idol.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join