It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Governor Palin: On The Issues

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45Should I get all my so called facts about him from his web site like you do?

You can start here

[edit on 30-8-2008 by davion]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Sarah Palin on education in Alaska:

EDUCATION - I envision a world class educational system founded upon the principles of safety, quality, social responsibility, parental involvement and fiscal accountability.

Education is a service the state is mandated to provide. I strongly believe in providing an adequate level of funding to ensure high quality public schools. However, it will take more than money alone to pave the way toward better schools -- it's also going to take commitment and collaboration with all school districts and REAA's to raise student performance and achievement. School districts must be held accountable at all times for the manner in which they expend public money.

From the archive of the Sarah Palin for Governor site. Some more:

HEALTH CARE - Obviously, high medical costs are hurting Alaskans and our Medicaid budget has quadrupled in the past 10 years. Solutions to this problem are complex, and no one person has all the answers. I look forward to working with affected parties to find the necessary solutions that will lead to more affordable health care for Alaskans. I support flexibility in government regulations that allow competition in health care that is needed, and is proven to be good for the consumer, which will drive down health care costs and reduce the need for government subsidies. I also support patients in their rightful demands to have access to full medical billing information.

WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT - I will leverage job-training dollars through efficiencies in government, private sector partnerships, and responsible investments in job training opportunities that result in good jobs for Alaskans. I look forward to working with a cross section of citizen advisors who represent private sector employers' educational institutions, union and non-union training programs and other workforce development professionals on the Alaska Workforce Investment Board. With their advice, we can meet the rapidly growing need for trained workers. I am a strong proponent of vocational and technical curriculum in our schools and will focus on this area to get our workforce ready for the future. I don't want to see an importation of Alaska's workforce when we have untapped talent here in the state, anxious for training and anxious for the opportunity to work.

GUN RIGHTS - I am a lifetime member of the NRA, I support our Constitutional right to bear arms and am a proponent of gun safety programs for Alaska's youth.

PUBLIC SAFETY - I support adequate funding for a strong public safety presence in Alaska. Feeling safe in our communities is something we cannot accept any compromise on. This includes policing in all its forms, the court system, prosecutors and corrections. If the legislature passed a death penalty law, I would sign it. We have a right to know that someone who rapes and murders a child or kills an innocent person in a drive by shooting will never be able to do that again.

SOCIAL ISSUES - I am pro-life and I believe that marriage should only be between and man and a woman. I am opposed to any expansion of gambling in Alaska.

ENVIRONMENT AND COASTAL ZONE MANAGEMENT - I believe in protecting Alaska's environment through fair enforcement of our environmental laws. Having a clean record on environmental regulation is critical to getting ANWR open and maintaining our fisheries mining, timber, and tourism industries. I would also revisit the change in regulations on the Alaska Coastal Zone Management program in which the past administration by eliminating the rights of local districts to write specific local enforceable policies on important issues like subsistence.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
reply to post by LLoyd45

Should I get all my so called facts about him from his web site like you do?

i get my facts from non-partisan sources like this

i think i may have quoted obama's website twice on here - and it was to answer someone questions about what he said on a particular subject

if you dont listen to rush limbaugh - then you have a 'miss cleo' psychic connection with him.

Because you both spout the same non-sense.

Wow Andrew, you must be a listener to make that kind of statement. You don't learn that from listening to one show, one time.

With Zbigniew Brzezinski and George Soros working with the Obama campaign, it looks to me like another Jimmy Carter presidency in the making.

Is Brzezinski/Soros connection mentioned on any of your sites?????

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oldnslo
With Zbigniew Brzezinski and George Soros working with the Obama campaign, it looks to me like another Jimmy Carter presidency in the making.

What do you think?

I tried enlightening Wiggin weeks ago about Barry O. being backed by Perseus LLC and their Bilderburg members and he thought I was being racist.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

Originally posted by Oldnslo

What do you think?

I tried enlightening Wiggin weeks ago about Barry O. being backed by Perseus LLC and their Bilderburg members and he thought I was being racist.

Does it really matter, Henry Kissinger endorsed McCain and he's apart of the Bilderberg Group as well

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by davion
Does it really matter, Henry Kissinger endorsed McCain and he's apart of the Bilderberg Group as well

Probably not.

My original point was to burst the bubble of the Obama kool-aid drinkers who actually believed that Barry O. when he claimed he was an outsider who stood for changing how things were done in Washington.

Obviously, his selection of Biden proved me correct.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
You both got the point of my post.

No matter who wins, the PTB will still be in charge. To go back and forth with anyone, over who is "the best" is just a waste of time. It just doesn't matter.

IMHO, McCains pick was a good one!!! I can't wait for her to debate the other "old" guy!!! The debates will make or break this election.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Personally, I do not need to know anything about this person.
Unfortunately, Senator McCain, which I supported in his darkest hour, when he didn't even have enough money to travel, as fulfilled my worst fears. He has caved in, to the most reactionary fringes of the Naz...Republican Party.

He nominated, against the wishes of his oldest supporters, a Right Wing, Social Conservative. Guessing what the reaction of his base movement would be, he attempted to disguise this flirt, with the Reactionary Party of America, with a pretty, young, jovial wrapping. As far as I am concerned, he did not succeed.

He may have won a couple of votes, not that many, within the "Born Again", "Bible Belt", WASP's. He, however, lost many more votes, both from Reagan Democrats, and from Clinton Republicans.

I don't care about her experience, or lack of, I do care about what she represents, and I do not like it.

As far as I am concerned, My House is now closed, to any further fund raising events, for the McCain ticket. He has betrayed his base, he has lost my support, and, hopefully, lost millions of votes in order to win a few...

Nice going McCain...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

One domestic/executive assertion she made was that for even in the case of knowing you are going to have a baby with down's syndrome, abortion is not the right answer -as she sees it and as she has demonstrated by example.

I think that speaks volumes of what she believes on that particular topic as well as family/children.

Great lookin gal with the alaskan oil issue under her skirt and a solid lead by example way from what I can gather. A happy over achiever that aims to please.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

One domestic/executive assertion she made was that for even in the case of knowing you are going to have a baby with down's syndrome, abortion is not the right answer -as she sees it and as she has demonstrated by example.

You dont have to be a great politician or a great leader to make that decision.

Dont play on abortion or adoption - its only one issue in this election

she's made no decisions - she's voting on virtually nothing, and yet she's still somehow the VP

she's there to try and draw in the hillary bandwagon

thats it.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Okay

and what executive orders has she initiated

and what voting record does she have on those issues?

48 hours ago - anti-obama folk were saying that Obama had less political experience than McCain and thus not a credible POTUS candidate

now - experience is thrown out the window in order to accommodate someone who, by conservative standards, only has 2 years of political experience....

i could type up a word document stating where i stand on the issues

does that make me fully credible to be VP of the US?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Shes also Pro-gun. Don't forget that. Shes a member of the NRA. Women with guns are sexy as long as they don't point it at me.

don't be so full of yourself to think that your ignorance can piss me off as much as you would like

i know you, i know your type - if you think im setting here screaming at my monitor - you're wrong

its more like laughing and shaking my head in disbelief

"the moronic masses" ?

You must be their flag carrier?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
does that make me fully credible to be VP of the US?

Well of course credibility is in the eye of the beholder. IIRC (and I probably do), the only Constitutional requirement that might be considered an 'experience' requirement is that the P&VP candidates be 35 years-of-age or older.

and what executive orders has she initiated

and what voting record does she have on those issues?

Hmm! I'll see if I can find some references on her EOs (if any). I'm sure others will be fine-tooth-combing her voting record?

Will post back here with any results!

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

for you to insult is comical, as I said before you are probably a 90 no lets give you credit 130lbs weakling... its a good thing the internet came around because guys like you voicing their opinion in public the way you do would end up in the ER...by someone like me...haha

Seriously you must be completely insecure, to post the rock as your avatar...keep dreaming you will never be muscular like that...well like me... I am 242lbs at 8% body fat...and 72 inches....

hahahaha

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Hmm, also, anyone have any more comment on her governor's race statements on Education and such? I found them rather wishy-washy -- unable to get a feel for how much of a 'social conservative' -vs- 'fiscal conservative' -vs- 'libertarian conservative' she'd actually take.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

I'm glad we live in a country where a woman can CHOOSE what she does with her own body based on her own lifestyle. Its great that women everywhere in this country have the CHOICE when it comes to there own health and well being. What kind of country would we be living in if the government was able to make that CHOICE for them. Could you imagine what it would be like if the government stepped in and told Mrs. Palin what she could and couldnt do with her unborn baby, regardless of the situation.

Three cheers for CHOICE!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by marinesniper

WOW! Threatening with violence, what a good way to get things done. Silence you opposition with a physical fight, that should get to the heart of serious issues, opening the door for a proper disscussion. What a true patriot you are, for being able to beat someone up until they agree with you.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I guess I'll have a comment if you promise not to beat me up. I'm sorry someone made you mad oh great strong ruler, am I allowed to have my opinion now?

Bullying people with violence is not the way to achieve greater things. We are limiting our intellectual abilities if we resort to fighting to resove issues. And in fact you may be in violation of T&C from those comments, I'm sure a mod will take the necessary steps.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by iamcamouflage]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamcamouflage

I guess I'll have a comment if you promise not to beat me up. I'm sorry someone made you mad oh great strong ruler, am I allowed to have my opinion now?

Bullying people with violence is not the way to achieve greater things. We are limiting our intellectual abilities if we resort to fighting to resove issues. And in fact you may be in violation of T&C from those comments, I'm sure a mod will take the necessary steps.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by iamcamouflage]

Um, okay. Did you mean to reply to my post, or another? Honestly, I can't tell. If you actually did mean to respond to me, could you clarify where you found offense? I'll admit, I can sometimes be dense, but usually not on second reading. Go ahead and hit the 'alert' button if you want; I'm curious, too.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Sorry, all apologies. That last post was directed at marinesniper.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join