It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kaaba the big black cube in the center of mecca??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I find it funny AND contradicting that the Muslims find this and the dome of the rock to be places they worship and pray to, yes they say they condemn the rest of the world for their stone idols, and one else feel the same way?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
I find it funny AND contradicting that the Muslims find this and the dome of the rock to be places they worship and pray to, yes they say they condemn the rest of the world for their stone idols, and one else feel the same way?

I agree. They are attacking other religious sites and archeological locations and destroying them all in the name of "worshipping idols". This includes the one dude released in London who has called for the destruction of the pyramids.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Not all Muslims believe that historical and religious sites should be destroyed, only a few sects, mainly Wahhibists.

Christians are no less divided when it comes to the 'worship' or veneration of what others percieve as idols. During the Reformation the Virgin Mary was regularly defaced or beheaded while her baby was left intact.

Same old, same old. Different time and place, same motivations. Our way is better than your way, and so on and so forth.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

Yes very Jonathan Swiftian Big-Endian/Little-Endian controversy type stuff

Perhaps I should explain

The novel (Gulliver's travels) further describes an intra-Lilliputian quarrel over the practice of breaking eggs. Traditionally, Lilliputians broke boiled eggs on the larger end; a few generations ago, an Emperor of Lilliput, the Present Emperor's great-grandfather, had decreed that all eggs be broken on the smaller end after he cut himself breaking the egg on the larger end. The differences between Big-Endians (those who broke their eggs at the larger end) and Little-Endians had given rise to "six rebellions... wherein one Emperor lost his life, and another his crown". The Lilliputian religion says an egg should be broken on the convenient end, which is now interpreted by the Lilliputians as the smaller end

edit on 18/11/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseekerpeacemaker

I read somewhere that the square the shrine (or what ever it is) was built on has great importance as well.
People claim that it was part of a very old platform that existed there thousand of years before they put that shrine there.

The existence of that place baffles me as we'll and don't really get people's obsession either, too bad we can't have real life time travelers come and explain to us some of these religious enigmas people are killing themselves over these days.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by iasenko

the stone represents JESUS SAME AS 666 WHICH IS ALSO JESUS

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.C.Benjamin
All sounds a bit pagan to me, worshipping a building and a stone...

What is wrong with pagan? Being one I'm curious

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noinden

Originally posted by C.C.Benjamin
All sounds a bit pagan to me, worshipping a building and a stone...

What is wrong with pagan? Being one I'm curious

I rather like the unified church of the screaming death and discount sermons

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
christians keeps crosses and hold them as being sacred, yet we dont say they "worship" crosses..

Say here. The stone was seen to have "miraculous" properties. It was originally white and was said to absorb the sins of man. It has darkened and become smaller due to the excessive touching and apprarantly absorbing of sins. muslims dont worship the stone, they just see it as a sacred object that will help them if they touch it. the saying is that as end of days approaches the stone will become really really small. It could be like an egg timer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join