It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kaaba the big black cube in the center of mecca??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
how old is this thing some claim it fell from the sky

some claim it has paranormal properties

some claim its from the time of adam and eve?

it looks like a giant monolith like in the movie space oddessey

also is there something inside it? maybe it an ancient computer inside it? the remains or a coffin of and alien god? has anyone ever done any x-ray or sonic radar cat scan imaging of what inside this thing?

whats inside the black box?

[edit on 28-8-2008 by truthseekerpeacemaker]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
All sounds a bit pagan to me, worshipping a building and a stone...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseekerpeacemaker

It was a sacred site before Islam started, and people used to put in statues of their local gods. Muhammad put an end to the idol part of the boxes usage. It is purported to be where Abraham of the Old Testament built a house and lived with his family. The stone itself is a mystery, and is most probably a meteorite that landed near the area some thousand years before Muhammad started Islam.
I read this in a biography of Muhammad. I cannot remember its title, but it was a very well done book.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Bit of clarification here. The Ka'ba is the cuboid building in the center of al-Masjid al-Haram. It is a pre-Islamic building with a little shrine inside used in pre-Muslim Arabia much as any other shrine would be used.

the Ruknu l-Aswad, the black stone, is on the eastern corner of the building. This is the peice that fell from the sky. It has been long theorized it is a medeorite.

The Ka'bah, by the way, is white and gray. It is draped in a black cloth for nearly the entire year. The inside is a reletively simple shrine with an altar, and a couple statues and some pillars.

Sadly there is not a lot of mystery to the Ka'bah. It's just a square room draped in a sheet. It's pretty, but not really mysterious once you really look into it.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseekerpeacemaker
also is there something inside it? maybe it an ancient computer inside it? the remains or a coffin of and alien god? has anyone ever done any x-ray or sonic radar cat scan imaging of what inside this thing?

They just open the door when they want to look inside. It's a building.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The Kaaba is a building that contains some Islamic texts and relics. It's covered by black tapestries, which is why it looks that way. The "Black Stone" itself is actually several fragments of what appears to be a meteorite, which is held sacred by Muslims. The stone is mounted in silver and fixed to the building, as it has been stolen in the past.

There are many good resources for learning about the history of the Kaaba and the Black Stone, and it's a very interesting history indeed. Wikipedia is as good a place to start as any.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Not quite accurate.

According to Pagan Arab customs and Islamic customs, this building, The Ka'bah, was built by the Patriarch Abraham and his first son Ishmael, as a dedication to Allah/Yahweh/God, i.e., the first church ever built in the name of Monotheism.

Many years after the death of Ishmael, the Pagan Arabs converted this House of God into a shrine housing 360 Idol Statues of Pagan gods and deities. Prophet Muhammad destroyed and removed every idol statue, and rededicated the Ka'bah to Allah/Yahweh/God. Muslims do not worship the Ka'bah, the black stone, or anything inside. They treat Ka'bah as any Jew would treat the Western Wall, or and Christian would treat the Church of the Nativity.

The Ka'bah looks as any other brick building, however, there is a black cloth draped over the entire building. The black stone found in the wall of the Ka'bah is believed to be a meteor, and Islamic customs make no significant mention of this rock at all, except the fact that Muhammad kissed it. Also, during a reconstruction/renovation of the Ka'bah, the black stone was put in place equally by the head of all the tribes of the Quraish.

If there was something mystical about the black stone, it would be a suprise to all Muslims and Arabs alike.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I am not in any way suggesting any kind of act against anyone, any religion, any place, anything like that. Putting all Proper nouns aside, I could not help think what kind of chaos might ensue were someone able to steal that stone again. Just reading it had been stolen in the past, the thought went through my mind. I mean anything that sacred to any huge population of any religion, race, nationality, would probably really cause some trouble. I dunno, just one of them random wonderings.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Iblis Smiley

The Christian Crusades to "free" the Holy Land or find the Holy Grail will be insignificant if that stone was stolen in today's world. We're talking about a people that wanted to stone a teacher for naming a Teddy Bear "Muhammad." 0_0

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmmonSeth

Originally posted by Sahabi
reply to post by Iblis Smiley

The Christian Crusades to "free" the Holy Land or find the Holy Grail will be insignificant if that stone was stolen in today's world. We're talking about a people that wanted to stone a teacher for naming a Teddy Bear "Muhammad." 0_0

Indeed, it is especially frustrating when the followers of Mohammad do not even know the history of him,
If memory serves correctly, Wasn't he a prolific user of 'magic mushrooms' and also was what we would now call a pedophile due to his constant engaging in sexual acts with children,
And yet there is an entire people causing chaos etc. due to his 'visions' etc.
Which i personally can believe were because of his use of 'magic mushrooms'

Oh well, back on topic,
Nobody would be allowed to examine it etc. nowadays,
In the same way that nobody will be allowed to examine whats in the vaults of the vatican,

Yeah, um...no magic mushrooms either buddy. Sorry but who ever taught you about muslims needs to go outside and learn some stuff. In fact, there is not even any evidence, annecdotal or otherwise, that anyone ever believed he used magic mushrooms. I am not sure where you got it from but...neither are any muslims I spoke to.

So two strikes right there. I thought people here were FOR truth and AGAINST ignorance. Apparently, They are just here to say uninformed ignorant lies and move on without ever learning a thing.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The Ka'ba reminds me of the Tabernacle the Israelites had in the beginning. The black stone would take the place of the ark of the covenant. I believe there was a cloud that hovered over the ark of the covenant. Does a cloud hover over the Ka'ba?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

Doesn't seem to, never heard of it as doing so. However, pretty much all photo's I can see focus on the ka'ba and not the sky directly above.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join