It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Person to ATS / Come Say Hi!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hello fellow ATS members.

I am 32 years old and not really "new" to ATS. I have been a lurker to ATS for a few years and decided it was time to join up. I am currently enrolled in college and working towards a BA in Criminal Justice and Psychology.

Maybe my study of law and the human mind will help give me some good debating material with a lot of the threads I've run across here on ATS.

I am always looking to interact with new people and discuss topics of almost any nature. I do like to read topics in secret societies, government bases ( secret and the like ), and strange / unexplained locations.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mtmouse32

Welcome to ATS! I hope your stay is a long and enjoyable one.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
So far, it has been. As a member, I seem to be reading over and commenting to a lot of posts than I did as a lurker.

I do have a question though. How does one get a avatar and colorful tag? ( Like where your name, posts, points, etc are?

[edit on 27-8-2008 by mtmouse32]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
WELCOME! Good luck and have fun in this huge forum...lots of great people here... enjoy!

David

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
As you can see, you have 58 points. As you accumulate points, you can go to the ATS "STORE" and buy things, like customized avatars, backgrounds, etc. There is also a freshman forum.
Here's a thread about the ATS Store:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Oh. That is pretty cool.
Thank you for sharing that.

Call me blind, but can you point out ( or link me to ) where the ATS store is?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Don't feel bad. It's not very obvious. Here is a link you should go to. It will tell you all about the Store, and other info that you will find handy as you start on your journey into ATS:
handbook.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
G'day, mtmouse32 and welcome to ATS.

If you'd like help with designing and sizing an avatar, there are lots of very talented members in BTS Member Art who would enjoy designing something special for you.

You may have to log in there as well (depending on your computer platform), but just browse though the threads and you'll find good help.

See you on the boards.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Don't feel bad. It's not very obvious. Here is a link you should go to. It will tell you all about the Store, and other info that you will find handy as you start on your journey into ATS:

Ah. I was on the Member Services page and just overlooked it. Thank you. That page really was helpful.

If you'd like help with designing and sizing an avatar, there are lots of very talented members in BTS Member Art who would enjoy designing something special for you. You may have to log in there as well (depending on your computer platform), but just browse though the threads and you'll find good help. See you on the boards.

Thank you. I may just have to pop over there for that.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtmouse32
Hello fellow ATS members.

I am 32 years old and not really "new" to ATS. I have been a lurker to ATS for a few years and decided it was time to join up. I am currently enrolled in college and working towards a BA in Criminal Justice and Psychology.

Maybe my study of law and the human mind will help give me some good debating material with a lot of the threads I've run across here on ATS.

I am always looking to interact with new people and discuss topics of almost any nature. I do like to read topics in secret societies, government bases ( secret and the like ), and strange / unexplained locations.

Oh awesome ...welcome welcome ....
I look forward to reading your posts and possibly debating with you ...

Since you have some experience in the human mind stuff ...do you think you may be able to tell which people here or in the GOV are reptilian in nature or not ?if so hope you will post it for us ... LOL >>.just kidding ...I dont believe in that ...but I am all ears if you have any info that may enlighten me on it .......who knows there may be some small truth to it and I dont want to be in the dark about who they are and what they are up to if they really do start crawling out of the woodwork someday ........LOL >>..

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

do you think you may be able to tell which people here or in the GOV are reptilian in nature or not ?

I'd have to get a better understanding on reptilian / alien / etc before I could give an answer. I haven't really researched that much to be much help. But, gives me something to tackle, doesn't it?

who knows there may be some small truth to it and I dont want to be in the dark about who they are and what they are up to if they really do start crawling out of the woodwork someday

Oh, I do believe there are "other-worldly" beings here on earth in some form. My religious belief and background has me believing of at least angels. Again, for me to give my opinion on who may be "other-worldly" would take a bit of research. But hey, that's what I am here for.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Hello,

Welcome...jump right in and start typing.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
mtmouse32, welcome to ATS, this indeed is a great place, and we are glad you are here, if you have any questions or concerns there are a few people that you can talk to. I hope you can consider this post as your one stop shop for answers to most of the more frequently asked questions on this board.

The forum moderators are quite friendly people, they are here to make sure you enjoy your time on this site. If you have any questions make sure to shoot off a U2U to any one of them for an answer. Also members like myself your ATS Concierge, or enjoies05 are also very helpful and will be glad to try and answer any questions you may have. Feel free to shoot me a U2U whenever you need a helping hand. I am always glad to help

Many of your questions can be answered by visiting this thread; Index of Important Website Related Threads *Read First* This thread is invaluable for all the frequently asked questions about this site and what you can do here.

the ATS Handbook can answer a lot of your questions about the site as well, it's quite informative and helpful if you have questions regarding your Avatar, Signature, or purchasing perks in the ATS Store.

Points are a valuable commodity around ATS and some members want to know how to gain points quickly. There are several ways to do this. One is to podcast, Podcasting if you don't already know is kind of like making your own little radio show about some subject that you’re interested in. Also contributing to TinWiki is a great way to make some points in a big hurry. Also by joining up with Twitter, you can get a lot of points right of the bat.

In BTS (our sister board) one can also find fun games and contests that are happening now, and also get you those points. By signing up with ATS you are automatically signed up for BTS as well, all you need to do is log in and join in the fun with the rest of us.

One should also familiarize themselves with the Terms And Conditions Of Use for proper ATS etiquette and site rules, this helps everyone avoid problems.

Again welcome to ATS and I hope you have a great time around the site, if you have any questions and have met the requirements to do so, please feel free to U2U me anytime about any questions you might have. I would love to be able to help you whenever you need it.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Hello there! welcome ATS! Sounds like you will have some valuable input to this site. Hope to see you around the boards!

peace

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Hello

Welcome to ATS.

Enjoy

top topics

join