We should kick start global meditation sessions.

page: 1
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
This is a little idea I had last night. If we just devote 1 hour a week (local time for everyone) and meditate on peace and harmony in the world. I think,that given time,we could get a day,every week where there is constant meditation,24 hours,all round the world at some point in time. Even if you missed the time you were supposed to be doing it,you could just sit down and focus on being in the time where it is the right time (IYSWIM) I don't know,I guess i'm rambling a bit now. We have the power to change the world,let's use it.


Oh,and I propose that this time should be monday evenings. Between 7 and 8pm.

Good ideea/bad idea?




posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I'm all for it!
Monday suits me fine and between 7/8 should work.

one hour a week thinking about peace and happiness would not be a bad thing.



posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I agree (obviously
) Just think,if word gets around and people start doing it,it could make a difference.



posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
The supporters of the Great White Brotherhood are meditating every day around 17 p.m. The thought which is meditated goes something like this (a free translation): "Let the power of only life flow thru every group of true disciples; let the love of single soul be sign in lifes of all those, that wishes to help the work of great spirits; Let us also participate in this great work, by forgetting our selves, and by benevolence and righteous speech."

Blessings



posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Here here!

The collective conciousness of our interwoven existences concentrating and attuned to the clarity and peacefulness of the mind and the universe..




You know the whole Butterfly Effect theory --- it's gotta work...



posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
ok then,there's 3 or 4 people interested,let's start it,as opposed to just talking about it. Tell your friends,tell people in the meditation community that you know. Mondays,7-8 pm,local time for where ever you are. 3 or 4 people will turn into 5 or 6 which will turn into 9 or 10,which will turn into 10 or 20 and so on. It starts here,we are the beginging,the middle,and hopefully the end.

We need to do this from the hearts mind,not the brain.

"wanna start a revolution from my bed"


any more for any more?

edit to add,whilst I mentioned meditation communities,can anyone recomend any large online meditation forums so I can get this off the ground a little more? (cos I'm super serial about this (MANBEARPIG) I want to change the world)

[edit on 28/8/2008 by Acidtastic]



posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
ok then,there's 3 or 4 people interested,let's start it,as opposed to just talking about it. Tell your friends,tell people in the meditation community that you know. Mondays,7-8 pm,local time for where ever you are. 3 or 4 people will turn into 5 or 6 which will turn into 9 or 10,which will turn into 10 or 20 and so on. It starts here,we are the beginging,the middle,and hopefully the end.

We need to do this from the hearts mind,not the brain.

"wanna start a revolution from my bed"


any more for any more?

edit to add,whilst I mentioned meditation communities,can anyone recomend any large online meditation forums so I can get this off the ground a little more? (cos I'm super serial about this (MANBEARPIG) I want to change the world)


Outside of me nobody in my group of friends/family does anything related to meditation. So in my case the buck stops here for now.

Some meditation-sites with active members
forum 1
forum 2
forum 3

Google

It's not really an online thing i think or i just haven't found the correct search phrases maybe. Anyway, i'll just go and do the meditation thing on monday, and give this topic some time, maybe it'll catch on.


[edit on 28-8-2008 by Harman]



posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
oh it will catch on,and thank you for participatiing! (and for the links,I could have googled i spose,but as you say,it's not really an online thing,was hoping that maybe people on here knew of a few hard to find ones)


we bring you love



posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic
 


I'd like to propose an alternative meditation. Not that 'peace and happiness' aren't noble, it's that they are too broad and nearly impossible to measure.

What if we all concentrated/ meditated on something more specific where we can directly measure the results? Obviously this wouldn't be a scientific study by any stretch. But it would be interesting to see if several hundred people concentrated on let's say 'rain' in Zephyr Cove, Nevada, and that we could somehow influence it.

Next up giant bees in Nebraska



posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
GIANT BEES FTW!!!

Love it!! But it ain't gonna bring peace and harmony to the world (god I'm such a hippy,maaaan) I do like the idea of concentrating on something measurable. maybe the war in Iraq withdrawl,or an end to human rights attrocities in any number of countries. Mugabe,we could give him the clap!!



posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
im definetely in but isnt there already a global meditation time??

www.kalki-sahaja.name...

www.ashtarcommand.net...

globalmeditationsite.org...

i must say it is nice to get online and see there are more out there like myself. when i started searching into what is happening around the world and the transformations going on i felt so alone and had noone to connect/talk to about it all. yall are the wave of the future. we are literally a part of the spearhead in the final ascension!!! In Lak'ech Ala K'in



posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Count me in. I'm a bit of an activist but also like peaceful solutions.

Please advise when you have decided what subject we will be mediating on.

I have been in several mediation and also prayer groups that have continued 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Each person promised to mediate a certain hour on a specific day.

Fasting and mediation seems to be effective also.

Waiting to hear from you with the details.

United we stand.



posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Parabolic
 


You might check out this thread. A previous experiment in affecting the weather through meditation.



posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright
 


It's not really the same with the intention of this topic i think. The other one did it on a more material level. This one is just a weekly meditative session giving the world at large some positive attention. Especially when people already do some meditating it is easy enough to change the target of the meditation. No intentioning for rain or whatever. Just a hour to meditate on a nicer world in general.



posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I understand. I was just replying to the previous poster some info about a previous attempt to do what he was suggesting.




posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
An excellent idea...I love it! And how about putting together our own meditation so that we are all following roughly the same script? I'm happy to write it, or put it together...I could also do it as a podcast, if that would help....what do you all think?

Cait



posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae
An excellent idea...I love it! And how about putting together our own meditation so that we are all following roughly the same script? I'm happy to write it, or put it together...I could also do it as a podcast, if that would help....what do you all think?

Cait



Cool, sort of a guided meditation? Never did that really, i always just meditated on the subject in question.



posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
GIANT BEES FTW!!!

Love it!! But it ain't gonna bring peace and harmony to the world (god I'm such a hippy,maaaan) I do like the idea of concentrating on something measurable. maybe the war in Iraq withdrawl,or an end to human rights attrocities in any number of countries. Mugabe,we could give him the clap!!


I like your original idea - just a general, all-purpose goodness vibe out into the universe - peace and harmony to the world

but would be happy to go along with whatever everyone agrees on

just so I understand - Monday, 7-8 PM - my time - where I'm at?



posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I'm up for it....what time in the UK would that be?



posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Excellent idea. Will need to look up the time difference from UK to west coast of Canada.
I hope this project gets going.






top topics



 
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join