It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does science prove the existence of God?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I know they is may be a controversial topic but does anyone believe that science or technology proves the existence of god?

What examples/theories?

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by adcadcadc]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Good question. I'm convinced that science does prove God. I mean, if God really does exist, everything in His creation should point to Him right? There have been some brilliant scientists that have been atheists, some of which have tried to disprove God. Some of them have actually come to believe in Him through their research, others have committed suicide because they couldn't handle the truth for whatever reason. Anyway, here's a link to a site that talks about scientific evidence of God.

www.khouse.org...

You'll find different categories, but the ones to do with science are technical and the creator series topics. The best part is, that they are all audio clips so you can just listen. The man who gives the talks has studied the bible all his life, but is also a computer engineer and is accomplished in science. Brilliant guy who worked for the government as well. The audio files are those from his radio show. It's really cool to listen to what he says. Of course, you'll have to be the one to decide if you agree with him. I would bet that most would. Lemme know what you think after listening to some.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
If god exists and is all knowing and all powerful how can he not do anything to prevent disease and war and famines and such??? I know that this question is over asked but how can you say that SCIENCE proves his existence when all the bad things happen

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Well let's see,

They are working on it about 1 mile below the surface in, of all places Long Island. It is an International effort. Here is a link that is endless.

www.star.bnl.gov...

Tut Tut

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tjololo
If god exists and is all knowing and all powerful how can he not do anything to prevent disease and war and famines and such??? I know that this question is over asked but how can you say that SCIENCE proves his existence when all the bad things happen

That's because without the bad the good cannot exist. Very simple...

Here's another theory of God...

www.survivalafterdeath.org...

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by TheBandit795]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
why cant just good exist? (Hypothetical question) I know that there is evil but why cant JUST GOOD exist?

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
prove something that doesn't exist? HAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHA!!! that's a good one

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Personally I don't think that anyone or anything can prove the existence of an all powerfull being that created everything. Religion does not prove anything, nomatter what it says, Religion is based on faith (blindly believing something without question and without evidence) Science is based upon empirical data that we must gather with imperfect sensors and decode with imperfect algorythms. There is no way to prove the existence of a God that we know nothing about. God is just an idea, a paranormal father figure that enables people to sleep easier at night. If we were ever to find any evidence of this God being, i wager that we would not come close to understanding it.

-Durandal

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by Durandal]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
lol nice response but i was looking for something more along the lines of his reasoning of why just good cannot exist. I know this question to not be true in the slightest but i was wondering why he said that. However if u have something constructive to add to the conversation and not just "witty" remarks then I would greatly appreciate it. ty

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
my above reply was to silQ

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Holy crap, for once I fully agree with someone on this site. Very well put Durandel.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   

why cant just good exist? (Hypothetical question) I know that there is evil but why cant JUST GOOD exist?

Because if just good existed, it wouldn't be good. You wouldn't know what it was because there would be no evil to contrast it. You need both to be able to define them...

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Ok thorfinn ur lookin at it all wrong. If just good existed (under our present definition of it.) Your saying that it would not exist because you would not be able to define it???? What your saying does not make any sense man! If u want to call it flaflooga then call it that.....but why cant JUST GOOD exist (under our present definition of the term.) If nuthing bad (anti-flaflooga) happened wut would be so bad with that.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Ok thorfinn ur lookin at it all wrong. If just good existed (under our present definition of it.) Your saying that it would not exist because you would not be able to define it???? What your saying does not make any sense man! If u want to call it flaflooga then call it that.....but why cant JUST GOOD exist (under our present definition of the term.) If nuthing bad (anti-flaflooga) happened wut would be so bad with that.

Wow, a thread about science and god sure gets the bomb throwers out.

There is always something higher in the mental foodchain than you. Something exists, and will persist, whether you like it or not. Just because higher-powers don't pour your tea or cure your dog of heart worms doesn't mean they don't exist. Science is coming closer and closer to this conclusion.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
That is a very good trick question,but still a trick question.
Science and technology exist because of god. As a natural process of intelligent thinking and progress,god became unimportant some time ago. Unfortunately for some they still cling to the old stories(selectively) unless it involves thinking.
As much as some would like to tie god to science,technology,anything modern, it is impossible.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Look at it like this...

Can you know what's left if right doesn't exist?? Can you know up if down doesn't exist?

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I'm not religious and for a large portion of my life I laughed at the thought of the idea that there was a god. However a combination of things I've learned since then have made me open to the idea of a creator.

While I have no doubt that there is evolution, I believe that we were designed. Whether or not that creator is a single entity or a group on entities that exist here or on another plane or diminsion I have not a clue.

For me the best proof that's easily available for moderately educated people to look at is DNA. Whether some entity designed DNA and another or the same designed us out the DNA along with all the other creatures that are designed with the same DNA, the fact is it is a design or intelligence behind plans. Soon we will be designing other creatures out of DNA - maybe they'll refer to us as GOD, of course we'll just really be their designer or creator.

No, that does not prove there is a creator, but it is a clue that there was creation, therefore there had to be a creator behind that creation. At least that's the easiest explanation for me today.

All said & done the biggest problem I have with the idea of a creator is who created the creator? Those against the idea of a creator point this flaw out. Religion just says he's always been and have faith blah blah blah.

I guess we will all know when we die and meet our maker.... or not.

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by outsider]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Dude, take it easy on the little icon things. As to proof of god, there are some things that just cannot be proven, thats why its called faith.

[Edited on 3/17/2004 by TekNo88]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
First off, whys everybody so freckin pissed off today? It seems like every thread I've visted tonight has been filled to the brim with
and its really making me wonder....isn't this thread supposed to be about God and Science...not
and
???

Oh well, in my opinion, science , art, nothing PROVES the existence of god. Its a leap of faith, something you choose or choose not to know. It's not something you beleive. It's something you just know.

That's the way it works

And the world keeps turning.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
In the book Angels and Demons a scientist desires to prove the existence of God through science...

But to further the discussion.

If god exists and is all knowing and all powerful how can he not do anything to prevent disease and war and famines and such???

We have bad things in the world because of man's original sin. As people have said, there can be no good without the bad, we just have to take both as they come. God is all powerful, yes, but man chose to commit original sin; ergo we have evils and bad things in our world.

Believing in this depends on if you have faith. Religious people will take this idea easier than non-religious because their faith allows them to believe.

Non-religious people love to say "if God is all powerful why..." etc, etc, etc. It's just a never ending loop that religious and non-religious people enter into. Asking that question gets people nowhere, and it's usually just posed to try to prove the non-existence of God or that religion is "bs".

Peoplewith faith know that God exists, we don't need science to prove it to us. This is what it means to have faith. If some day science does prove the existence of God, so be it. All the better for us who believe, right?

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by Faisca]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join