It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italian Air Force discloses UFOs sightings

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
After UK MOD, after french CNES-GEIPAN, Italian Air Force, in its Official website, opened a section dedicated to UFOs

STATO MAGGIORE AERONAUTICA
REPARTO GENERALE SICUREZZA
Compiti del 1° Ufficio - Sicurezza (1st security bureau tasks)

Prevention , protection of secrecy, security personnel, documentation and infrastructure and on the basis of information gathered from institutional sources or open, establish the policy framework of the Armed Forces Military Police. These activities are developed in close coordination with the Carabinieri Security AM and A.M. Security Coordination Centre.
Care and builds upon the training activities and training of personnel category specialties and security and ensures the necessary support teaching at the training centres of Air Force.
On delegation of the Defence Staff (SMD) collects, controls and monitors reports concerning the unidentified flying objects (OVNI), whose statistical edited by the Department is available on this site with references throughout the period running from 2001 as follows:
-- Sightings Year 2001;
-- Sightings Year 2002;
-- Sightings Year 2003;
-- Sightings Year 2004;
-- Sightings Year 2005;
-- Sightings Year 2006;
-- Sightings Year 2007;

Italian Air Force home page
Italian Air Force page dedicated to UFOs sightings

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Cool. But not all that interesting. the documents don't say very much. other than to say someone saw something with a little general description.

But at least they are saying something.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
Cool. But not all that interesting. the documents don't say very much. other than to say someone saw something with a little general description.

But at least they are saying something.

Thank you for your post: it's not completely exact what you say: there are also included reports from Italian Air Force radars, never disclosed before
But the most important facet of this story is that IF Italian Air Force dedicates a section to UFOs sightings, then this means that someone is taking the stuff seriously, someone of VERY important. The news is not the disclosure by itselfs: the real news is that even if I.E. national TV channels would laugh at the whole subject matter, now is official that Air Force does NOT: this is the news, mate

This is like some official acknowledgemnt to the phenomena. While you are absolutely right about the quality of the contents: but we will try to find out more about every single sighting mentioned in the reports: i did prefer to immediately share the news before sleuthing: i hope to share more about some cases asap

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Excellent thread Internos !

nice find and thanks for letting me know about this

you are correct in saying this is BIG news !!!

and i agree with you that this implies that in fact the Italian goverment does see this as a real phenomenon ! no denying it now

i have always wondered why any miltary air force would not want this information to be public for the safety of the their pilots and for the private sector of pilots.

one question though ...are these reports only military sightings reported by military personel ? or are they going to merge other sources into the database ?

i will be looking forward to seeing your translations , and anything else you add to this.

good job sir
and i gave you a star and flag.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Wow thank you for the links INTERNOS, how many country's does that make now 4-5?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this, Internos! Another important step towards the truth.

And I agree with you, this disclosure shows that there are people at high places in the air force that take this stuff very seriously. It is no longer so easy to brush off UFO sightings all over the world as delusional claims made by nutcases with tin foil hats.

Sadly, I don't understand much italian, but I am confident you will dig out some very interesting stuff from these documents and share your finds with us. I really look forward to reading more about this.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Great post, this is the type of information that actually means something in the field of UFO's. I am glad to see that it is linked on one of the main navigational bars and not hidden away somewhere else.

If anyone is willing to translate some of the information that is of importance to them, by all means please do so!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

This is very interesting.
What I find most interesting of all is the fact that among the "Avvistamenti" of 2006 there is no mention of the alleged UFO sighting in Milan, on February 7, which was witnessed by many people (whatever it was).

I always believed that the quantity of UFO, over northern Italy especially, had something to do with the proximity of the airbase at Aviano...

Who knows.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by AdAstra]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I wonder how they're going to "spin" the fact that UFOs have been here for thousands of years
, yet at some point in the future will all turn on us
, affording the corporate banking fascists their one and only chance to integrate the world into a one world government.

And I wonder how they'd accomplish this remarkable feat without some otherworldly entity threatening us.

Hmm...maybe our oceans are infested.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by lagnar]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
You say this...

Originally posted by ziggystar60
It is no longer so easy to brush off UFO sightings all over the world as delusional claims made by nutcases with tin foil hats.

Three posts later we get this...

Originally posted by lagnar
I wonder how they're going to "spin" the fact that UFOs have been here for thousands of years
, yet at some point in the future will all turn on us
, affording the corporate banking fascists their one and only chance to integrate the world into a one world government.

And I wonder how they'd accomplish this remarkable feat without some otherworldly entity threatening us.

Hmm...maybe our oceans are infested.

See the problem?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Great post Internos
Im curious when Canada and the US will follow suit. Hopefully sooner than later. As another poster had said, there are a lot more high up, credible military people coming forward to easily brush off as it was before.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Great find Internos.

national TV channels would laugh at the whole subject matter, now is official that Air Force does NOT: this is the news

A very good point. Still none of our news networks picked up the story. I'm sure they have more important things to cover. Unknown objects in the air... nah... no story there.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AdAstra

Sorry, I have to insist: doesn't anyone find it odd that there is no mention of the February 2006 "incident"?
It was the event of the year (for ufologists). And I don't remember any specific follow-up in the Italian media, no specific explanation. (It is true that I haven't been following it very closely.)

So, does anyone know how it has been explained?
And if it hasn't been explained, any thoughts on why it is not mentioned among the "Avvistamenti"?

I still think the Aviano airbase has a lot to do with many of the "sightings".

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by IAttackPeople

See the problem?

Hmm two different people and two different posts. I find nothing unusual about it. Care to elaborate on the problem?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IAttackPeople

I don't quite understand why you quoted me and "lagnar" in your post.

Can you explain to us what you are trying to say? Thanks in advance.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Great find INTERNOS
i agree this is a good move on there part
it's about time more countries followed suit! as you say the UK has
had a UFO desk at the MOD for a while, it used to be staffed by a
man named nick pope but I'm not sure if we still have a branch in
the Uk's MOD anymore?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Ha! I found it!
Maybe this thread had somehting to do with current issue?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hello, I have to do a governative report about UFO-aliens (It's not a joke). .....
Only IF I manage to report that aliens are "working" on earth, the italian defence will do a disclosure about ufos. This is the deal.

Now i am not that into alien stuff. Just i remeber reading the thread then and thinking that it was too bad to be a hoax.
Edit:
Wow. In his/hers other post Infernos gave him/her few links. So maybe your links helped to create this site that you now present!

[edit on 26-8-2008 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

I believe canada isnt to far behind. We've had memebers of our government helping with disclosure. Its only due time before Canada releases its findings.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
Great find Internos.

national TV channels would laugh at the whole subject matter, now is official that Air Force does NOT: this is the news

A very good point. Still none of our news networks picked up the story. I'm sure they have more important things to cover. Unknown objects in the air... nah... no story there.

I agree most US news networks wont touch it untill i supose the whole Russian thing fires up a bit more and then they can start saying its Russian spy planes
and get everyone worked up again

back to the old red under the bed Rubbish

and to the OP thanks for posting it good find well done !!

[edit on 26-8-2008 by Amitsumikaboshi]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Excellent post.

However, many skeptics do not hold any value in the words of pilots/astronauts...you know, high-ranking folks. Why? I do not know. But, they believe everything else these high-ranking officials tell them.

To me, it's a known fact that many people do not believe in UFOs because they do not want to.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join