It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italian Air Force discloses UFOs sightings

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Originally posted by internos
After UK MOD, after french CNES-GEIPAN, Italian Air Force, in its Official website, opened a section dedicated to UFOs

Great find internos and thanks for sharing this.
strrd and flggd.
The funny thing is that despite it is Italian; I do understand the provided sightings in a way.

Of course the Italian Air Force aren’t show us their very best rapports, but that also counts for the UK MOD and French CNES-GEIPAN as well, but it is a good start.

And it is exactly as you say here.

Originally posted by internos
But the most important facet of this story is that IF Italian Air Force dedicates a section to UFOs sightings, then this means that someone is taking the stuff seriously, someone of VERY important. The news is not the disclosure by itselfs: the real news is that even if I.E. national TV channels would laugh at the whole subject matter, now is official that Air Force does NOT: this is the news, mate

This is like some official acknowledgment to the phenomena.

It becomes better and better, again and again are more countries releasing some of their former classified files.
Ands its never enough for me, so let it come.

Is Brazil perhaps next in line?

Insight: Distinguished Brazilian General Says 'UFO Secrets Must Be Disclosed'

The Japanese have said it. The English are releasing their classified files. The French are looking into it, and our neighbors to the North claim there's a coverup. Now BRAZIL admits UFOs are real, and says that the secrecy should end. And yet the US continues to stonewall. Why?

In an unprecedented exclusive interview with A. J. Gevaerd, editor of the Brazilian UFO Magazine, one the highest ranking and most distinguished officials of the Brazilian Air Force, Brigadier José Carlos Pereira, recognized that "it is time to end the UFO secrecy".

www.unknowncountry.com...

Look here for the whole interview with Brazilian Air Force Brigadier José Carlos Pereira.

www.ufo.com.br...

[edit on 28/8/08 by spacevisitor]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Great find Internos, star/flagged.

One step closer to full disclosure in my opinion. That's what makes this huge.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
reply to post by LEAP STICK

Somebody actually went to all the trouble of creating a bunch of
Word Documents. What more proof do you need?

Wow, amazing. NOT

the point of the thread is to show that the Italian goverment recognizes that there are ufo's flying around in their airspace.

the documents are not whats important

i saw you posted in this thread and i thought alright somebody smart see's the message here...NOT

The only point I can see here is, the It.gov can waste webspace
just like the best of them.

It's about as useful as Project Blue Book, it only served the
Governments Intent to take to focus off what the Military was
actually doing.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

Interesting enough, right spacevisitor?

If I knew that our (brazillian) records hold unique information, or something that could be thought of as "ground-breaking", I'd leave all my current activities and join this group of researchers that are working together with military forces.

My life is currently a MESS and seems like I'm waiting for the right "push on my back" to leave all this nonsense we call "normal life" to dedicate my time and efforts to something that, I believe, is important for mankind.

Peace

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The Italian Military Airforce has processed disclosure on the UFO phenomenon for quite some years now. As long as 1980 a popular Italian UFO magazine ( NOTIZIARIO UFO ) was authorised to print some parts of the Italian Airforce’s official investigations on UFO sightings in Itlay. Furthermore, through official dispatch of the data acknowledged ( mainly for statistical purposes ) by the General Security Department regarding UFO sightings starting from 2001 and by means of direct interviews of their higher ranking officials ( interview to Gen. SALVATORE MARCELLETTI on Italian state television in 1995, Col. Aldo Olivero during the 2000 UFO symposium held in San Marino )
They had probably been taking in consideration an official step for some time and for some reason they thought now was the right moment. Why? Honestly, no clue.
On the other hand, while I agree with Internos that official disclosure is an important step, there is NO mention of this in the mainstream media ( probably there is nothing really interesting in the reports, at least not interesting enough to increase audience… ). Until the UFO phenomenon won’t cross the line of a limited number of interested people ( limited compared to the mass ) it will always be treated as an issue of no importance.
There is no point in shouting if nobody cares about listening...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by LEAP STICK
The only point I can see here is, the It.gov can waste webspace
just like the best of them.
Webspace is cheap, I have 150GB available on my computer.

It's about as useful as Project Blue Book, it only served the
Governments Intent to take to focus off what the Military was
actually doing.
It's useful if you know how to use it.

And as a proof that they are following the subject, even if they only show half a dozen Word files with little information.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sator

If I knew that our (Brazilian) records hold unique information, or something that could be thought of as "ground-breaking", I'd leave all my current activities and join this group of researchers that are working together with military forces.

Well Sator, no doubt that especially Brazil have a lot of those in my opinion, think for instance about the very interesting Varginha case.

Summary: In 1996 in Varginha, Brazil, during the course of several weeks at least two and perhaps as many as six alien creatures were captured or killed and turned over to American authorities, and a UFO may have crashed. Eyewitnesses described the creatures as humanoid and 3 to 4 feet tall. They had dark brown, hairless skin, big triangular heads with three short "horns" on top, and huge red eyes that were vertically oval.

www.ufoevidence.org...

Or the very interesting files of the deceased Bob Pratt about many incidents in Brazil, the place of extraordinary UFO activity.

www.mufon.com...

My life is currently a MESS and seems like I'm waiting for the right "push on my back" to leave all this nonsense we call "normal life" to dedicate my time and efforts to something that, I believe, is important for mankind.

Well, the only one who can change that for you is the choices you make yourself Sator, and maybe that joining this group of researchers that are working together with military forces is just the "push on your back" you need.

Who knows?

[edit on 28/8/08 by spacevisitor]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Sator

I sincerely hope that opportunity comes your way...

Sometimes a second chance in life materializes from the strangest of circumstances.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Thanks for the comments....

Sure I have been awared about the Varginha Case, I followed the story since day 1.
But the fact of the matter is that, it seems, every little bit of evidence about this case HAS been turned over to US military back then...

There are also other very important cases... look up "Operação Prato" (translation: Operation Saucer) it's from the 70's where many people from a small town got really, really sick (and a couple of people died) after a sighting of a very bright light that terrified the population, which happened during a period of many days. Actual military personel also had contact with the light, a few got deep skin burns, and -if my memory is correct- one also died.

Also look up about a region called "Serra do Roncador" (I don't know the translation for this one)... it's a big mountain range in the state of Mato Grosso which is both remote and very "ufo active", sort of speak.
This place has a milenia long history of bizarre phenomenas... even the native people around there have weird stories about the place.
There's even a story that this place holds one of the secret entrances for the -supposed- inner world.
...I am deeply thinking about venturing there in the very near future.

chapter29, thank you very much for the kind words... I really appreciate it a lot.

Peace to you all!

PS.: Sorry if I got out of the thread subject a bit, but I just had to get these out of my chest.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

exactly i like to think of the smoking gun being the acceptance of the issue, rather than the cases they provide.

after all, something like this is actually abig step in disclosure because like you said, it shows that somebody with some power is interested in the subject enough to disclose all UFO related information that they have.

good thread, S&F from me

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by gormly

So in my opinion this just means that the Italians (Government) aren't really all that smart. I would be a tad more leary of them now.

Be aware that your argument suggests that at least three world governments are not that smart. Italy is not the only country in that position. If Italy is just acting in a delusional way, or is the victim of a grand disinformation scheme, then so is the UK and France, they have also released their "X-Files" so to speak. All within just a few months.

Could it be that the US is really disinforming the rest of the world? or maybe China? That is not out of the realm of possibility, but consider that if we can speculate on that, so can anybody, even some people within intelligence agencies and the military, people whose day job is to be paranoid. And one would in fact expect that this possibility is explored first as it is in fact the most likely one: the possibility of a known terrestrial threat or spy. It's happened before and it happens every day, so it is quite likely that many UFO's eventually become identified as spy craft.

So if Italy France and the UK, just like you and I, can consider the possibility that UFO's are actually American craft (or Russian or Chinese) then it would be very foolish of them to publish any information about them while they have an ongoing investigation or before such possibility is ruled out. The fact that they have published those files would seem to suggest that they have ruled out explanations that could have otherwise turned UFO's into IFO's.

Could three countries be so foolish that they publish this information in spite of incomplete efforts to rule out a foreign (terrestrial) threat? It's certainly possible, but is it likely? It is definitely out of character based on what countries have usually done with this sort of information in the past. This alternate explanation starts to become quite elaborate, not exactly the simplest explanation for the events.

-rrr

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Also look up about a region called "Serra do Roncador" (I don't know the translation for this one)... it's a big mountain range in the state of Mato Grosso which is both remote and very "ufo active", sort of speak.
This place has a milenia long history of bizarre phenomenas... even the native people around there have weird stories about the place.

Hi again Sator, very interesting that you mentioned "Serra do Roncador" that has as you sad a millennia long history of bizarre phenomenas and that even the native people around there have weird stories about the place.
I didn’t here from that place before and I will definitely look into it, but so far I have found not much available info besides this.

ANOMALOUS EARTHQUAKE JOLTS WESTERN BRAZIL
"A rare and strong earthquake was felt Friday evening, June 20, 2003, in the Amazonian jungles of Brazil."
"Dr. Vasile Marza of the Seismological Observatory of the University of Brasilia told news media that the earthquake, which registered 7.0 on the Richter scale, took place" along the Rio Araguaia, just south of the Serra do Roncador mountains, "about 553 kilometers (331 miles) west of Brasilia," the national capital.
"'It was in a sparsely populated area of the jungle and probably no one felt it. But the earthquake itself-- any earthquake--is unusual in this part of Brazil,' Dr. Marza said."
"Brazil has not had an earthquake of this magnitude for 20 years. Dr. Marza added that there has been 'a quantity of strong quakes worldwide,' which tend to increase the chances of a catastrophic quake occurring in South America." (See the Brazilian newspaper O Mineirao of Belo Horizonte, M.G. for June 20, 2003, "Terremoto e sentido no Amazonas." Muito obrigado a Roberto S. Ferreira por eso articulo do diario.)

(Editor's Note: The Serra do Roncador region has a long history of UFO sightings and paranormal events. It was here that Colonel Percy Fawcett, his son Jack Fawcett and Raleigh Rimmell vanished in May 1925 while searching for mysterious "lost cities" in the jungle. The foremost of these is Matalir-Aconcagua, said to be left over from the lost continent of Atlantis.)

It looks very much the same on all the strange and bizarre phenomena that happen at the Skinwalker Ranch.

For as long as anyone can remember, this part of northeastern Utah has been the site of simply unbelievable paranormal activity. UFOs, Sasquatch, cattle mutilations, psychic manifestations, creatures that aren't found in any zoos or textbooks, poltergeist events. You name it, residents here have seen it.

www.rense.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RYBTY

There is no point in shouting if nobody cares about listening...

Nobody has to shout. And nobody is shouting. But it is important to continue talking and providing all the information that arises on this topic.

It is a HUGE deal if a National military, no matter what country, is recognizing that there is something going on! This is a HUGE deal. And to some of us, we don't see it as a little step - but actually a big step. And I'm one of those pesky skeptics too. But sometimes there are things that make even MY ears perk up and make me turn my head and open my eyes.

The Italian military works closely with the US military (exercises, etc) as they are close allies. So who knows what lies around the corner

But to silence ourselves because we THINK nobody is listening is certainly NOT denying ignorance

Just my little American $.02

Oh and Internos
thank you for finding this and showing all of us. Every lil' bit of "disclosure" helps....especially to those like me
You rock as always

[edit on 8/28/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I agree that it is very hard to find information about Serra do Roncador that is in english, on the internet. There must be almost none...

In portuguese, though, there are some clues here and there...

Take a look at this site: Roncador.
Sure it's all in portuguese, but you may use some general free web translator to get a general idea...
If you need help to understand something, just U2U me, I'll be glad to translate. Or maybe let's open some thread about it, and I'll sure share what I may come across.

The reason I said it has a milenia long history of weird phenomena is because, to this day - apparently- real native people, an actual tribe of people, guard the entrance of a cave (which no one knows how deep it is) and they (the tribe) tell that there are beings living very deep inside. None that ventures inside ever returns. They also tell that the Percy Fawcett guy was one of those unlucky.
Adding to that, in front of this cave entrance there is a lake (also, depth uknown) that has an extremely uniqueness: despite being cristal clear and "mineral/drinkable", there's absolutely no form of life whatsoever in it's water.
It's all in that site...

Peace

PS.: sorry internos, for going of topic again... last time... and thank you for you know what.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Do not misunderstand me, I just wanted to emphasize the little importance that is given to this topic on almost all mainstream media and the fact they are not willing to dig further. It irritates me so much and I appreciate so much that there are people like Internos that are ready to seize on the news and give it the significance it deserves.
Military disclosure is extremely important, in Italy they have been investigating the matter ever since Mussolini, but what are they giving away? Very little.
Consider this. Almost everybody believes in UFO’s ( in the sense that there are indeed some Unidentified Flying Objects in our skies ) and the Italian Air Force disclosure is extra evidence, nothing more, nothing less. But where the phenomenon originates isn’t taken in account ( not officially ) as if it were of no interest. Strange isn’t it?
I do not believe that they have not investigated more on the matter, it really wouldn’t make sense, I think Italian Military probably know what we are dealing with and are just giving the public something they already believe in. Strange thing is that nobody is questioning them any further ( are they? ). As You said, the Italian military works closely with the US military and they are just as good when it comes to covering-up ( the DC-9 shoot down in the 80’s is a good example ), so I wouldn’t be too confident that something will be coming out soon. Nevertheless, I agree that the more we talk about it the better it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join