It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOw could you NOT agree with this???

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJelly
I did not go ranting. I just merely pointed out the rudimentary understanding that you and some others lack.

no, your ranting like a 12 year old knowitall.

If you are looking for the grade school answer of u wont know till u kill yourself or die or bla bla bla
go back to grade school or high school philosophy.

this here shows the limit of your reasoning ability. i asked you a question, a very simple one i might add, and you are incapable of giving me an answer with some thought to it. instead you go on and on regurgitating the same crap over and over. and yes, its crap, because it is based on nothing, an argument that took you 2 seconds to come up with.

according to your logic, anything not observed is non-existant. that means the wind shouldnt exist because you cant see it. you would have laughed at aristotle as he discussed the effects of magnetism. you would have scorned philo farnsworth for setting up the first tv broadcast. you must think your cell phone works with little men in the headset, just because you cant see the waves

the fact is, there is a way to prove you have a brain, without ever seeing it. but your so wrapped up in your rants, that you couldnt for the life of you see it.

nor could you see any point to my posts because you apparently are not one to listen.

your a delusional because you detach yourself from this world.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The WIND?

really?

I did answer your question in many ways.

as for the wind. U know the fact that you can OBSERVE WIND IN REALITY AND SO ON.

look
your hung up on the idea "just coz u dont see it doesnt mean it doesnt exist"

however, everything that you have mentioned are things that EXIST and can be proven that exist.

but again, calling me names and going on is only a response to the DELUSIONAL mind of the SHEEPLE who HATE to admit they are delusional.

I am not trying to talk down to you. But enough people have contacted me saying to not respond to you due to your 1)inability to observe logic 2)ability to connect things that are not even in the same category 3) refusal to accept and observe reality

these are fact.. not because I can type on and on about them..but because there are certain things that are in REALITY and other things that are not.

However, you deny everything because you know it would mean you would have to accept the fact that there MIGHT not be a GOD and you will be nothing when you pass away.

What YOU are doing is called closing your mind. Yet, you will deny even that and say I am doing that.

*being open minded does not mean NOT using logic, or not observing reality, or being completely delusional. Yet you are doing exactly that.

so for now, go back and read my reply. your comparison of Wind and Brain and almost laughable if not completely outrageous

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MrJelly

From the opening post:

anyone that tells you "well I know for sure there is a GOD" is either lying to your face directly or has fooled him/herself into believing in complete fantasy.

...while the Bible says:
Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

and

Psalm 53:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.

and

Romans 1:21-22 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Yet Paul pointed out how miserable Christians would BE(!) if the Gospel and the resurrection weren't true:
1 Cor. 15:19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

The Saint may be called "delusional" by the unbelieving world for believing God. This will happen in many ways, usually subtle, but sometimes expressed openly.

Example:

I have found it (personally) curious that some of the unbelieving world have NO PROBLEM describing stories about "Santa Claus" and "the Tooth Fairy" and "the Easter Bunny" to kids, and yet look at ME in amazement (usually more like DESPISING ME) when I tell these people that "we don't teach our kids to believe in fairy tales and mythical creatures. And we try not to lie to our kids."

They look at me as though I was some sort of cruel dad who is depriving my kids of some fun over some religious standard of "Thou shalt not bear false witness".

There IS no "tooth fairy"...
but WHEN I won't affirm THEIR lie (...their DELUSION) to MY kids:
I'M CRUEL!

Romans 1:29-32 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit (Santa Claus/Tooth Fairies...), malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by PreTribGuy

I got nothing

If the bible helps u live your life better, more power to you and the bible

HOWEVER

it is a book, a very interesting book to say the least, but a book

and you pick and choose what parts of the bible you like

for example
do you follow all the laws of leviticus
if not why not

jesus did say I have not come to make the past laws obsolete

even so
the bible DOES NOT PROVIDE proof or even a legitimate argument for god

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJelly
reply to post by PreTribGuy

the bible DOES NOT PROVIDE proof or even a legitimate argument for god

Ahem:

If you have questions that deal with the existence of God or want to ask if Mohammed actually was a real person or a myth, then please start a new discussion with a meaningful, appropriate title and you may then dominate a new discussion with this theme in mind. Please do not interject into deeper religious topics the question of the reality of a higher being. Unless stated in the topic, we are assuming in this forum that we've moved on past that point. Imagine discussing algebra while someone keeps interjecting that they still don’t believe in addition. The very reason that classes such as these have prerequisites is so new ground can be covered in the subject.

"ALL Members READ" would include YOU Mr. Jelly.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MrJelly

and you pick and choose what parts of the bible you like

I never said that, that I am aware of.

for example
do you follow all the laws of leviticus
if not why not

The laws of Moses were given specifically to the Hebrew children.

Furthermore, there is no promise of Eternal life for following those laws, only LAND. AND there is no eternal condemnation for breaking them, only DEATH.

So, the "upside" of following Moses law is that they would get the land, that is ALL.
The "downside" is death.

Again, there is no promise of ETERNAL LIFE, nor Eternal judgment in the Law of Moses.

This is the very reason Paul wrote this in the New Testament:
Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

jesus did say I have not come to make the past laws obsolete

...and the Hebrew children have never fully come into complete and FINAL possession of the LAND that was promised to THEM. It is a different covenant than the Gospel.

Mr. Jelly, the entire book of Galatians (it is short, only 6 chapters) explains the difference. Paul makes a VERY powerful statement to the Church in Galatia, and he said it much better than I could.

If you take the time to read Galatians, you would see that the covenant of faith preceded the law by 430 years. This is quite important.

Gal 3:21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

Gal 4:21-26 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?
22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Two covenants, Mr. Jelly.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
so interesting.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

thats what the topic is about exactly

talk about boundaries

delusional

and

lazy

and

greedy

like the sheeple

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MrJelly

HAHAHA Mr jelly, Do you live in a box? I've noticed most of the threads you post on this site include the words DELUSIONAL, LAZY, GREEDY, SHEEPLE. but you never ever prove your point. Good luck to you if you think your the greatest being on earth. God doesn't need to show himself to someone he made. Quite simply you will find out when you die and you better hope your not wrong. Ever heard of "behind every lie there is truth"? Unless you can prove to me that you can create Blood for example, or water, or a tree then I'l have to believe that GOD or some great or powerfull source or something made it. Without proof your argument is as week as most sheeples. You obviously think GOD is a man or a guy or something that should speak to you. Good luck and I think this thread is pointless unless your proof is a bit more substantial then the word delusional, or sheeple. P.S. Get a life cos you sound like a moaning, interfering know it all with no mates, beliefs, morals or BRAIN. Stop pushing you views on people if you can't consider their arguments without a stupid reply

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MrJelly

Clever attempt to twist your OWN words.

This thread is about lambasting "religion", which is man-made.

This thread is NOT about whether or not God is real, we assume for argument's sake that there is a God in this forum unless a thread is made specifically calling that into question.

Are you still misinformed?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

This thread is about lambasting "religion", which is man-made.

"Religion" is not man-made:

James 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The ONLY thing God revealed to us was His Word. "Religion" is something created by man to worship God.

Not a single soul has ever entered the gates of heaven by way of a particular religion. But by the saving grace of God through His Word, and trusting in the shed blood of Jesus Christ as payment for sins.

Period.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
so god didnt set aside the isreal nation as special property? didnt give them the temple arrangement or anything like that.

in fact the entire jewish religion was just a bunch of old jewish guys in a room who made it up.

nevermind that christian greek scriptures show standards for people appointed to take the lead, or that it mentions a "faithful and wise servant" who takes care of the masters thing while he is away?

or revelation where jesus sends messages to churches, not individuals. the greek scripture is packed with evidence of "organized religion"

people who usually hate organized religion are those who had some back experience with it, or have just not found the "true" religion.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
If planet Earth was ruled over by one person (let's call him a king) and one King only, the entire world would know who that King was and know that he existed. As sole King, ruler of planet Earth and sole law bringer, everyone on the Earth would be subject to the same rules, regulations and the like. His authority would be absolute.

So to "god". If there exists a supreme being, one who rules not just over Earth but the entire universe, it/he/she would, as any one in position of authority would do, lead us...and do so in an obvious, unquestionable fashion. There would not be any confusion, there would not be any question of his existence, for all leaders stand in view of their subjects , plain for all to see.

If religion is "divinely inspired" then rather than one god, there would appear to be dozens, all saying different things, all offering different laws. If someone all powerful and all knowing really wanted to be seen, heard and listened to he would effect this in unequivocal ways so there IS no confusion, IS no doubt, IS no question. There would be all encompassing understanding of this being on Earth, we would all have the same knowledge of him and all be subject to the same rules, regulations and guidelines he established, yet we are NOT

All religion is man made. Any one who follows a particular religion is to my mind in the grip of a virus. Religion tears this world apart , it is extremely divisive, a weapon against world peace and harmony.

There is no direct proof of a supreme being nor is the direct proof that such a being does NOT exist. We just do not know for sure at this stage of the human journey.

There is logically a unifying force that binds the universe/s together. This is essentially a creative energy and one which sustains the life of the universe. BUT IT IS JUST ENERGY, it is NATURE.... it is humans who have decided to name this force "God" and to presume it as having a physical form , or to personalize it in some other limiting way. To worship it , praise it and for some reason feel accountable to it.

Logically speaking, the stuff the universe is made up of is the stuff we too are made up of....we share the same chemical components as the stars, the galaxies and so on. We are OF the universe, not separate from it. So in terms of this unifying , natural force which binds the universe together, (which some call GOD), really speaking IT is US and WE are IT. There IS no division, no separateness, no suboordination, no subjection to "higher forces". All forces "out there" are within us. The only person you are therefore accountable to is your own self, the only true guidance comes from WITHIN, the only real "judgement" is that which we cast upon our own selves, and so on. Similarly there is no "being" responsible for who gets cancer , who dies of AIDS, the little children who get murdered or the terrible earthquake that kills 50,000 people. To think like this is highly irrational yet so terribly convenient for those people who fail to take responsibility for their own lives and who fail to accept that human nature and natural laws "just are as they are".

Nothing and no-one in the Universe has been asking us to worship/praise/thank it. WE created the idea of "GOD" as perhaps we feel lost, alone and confused down here. Our own "higher mind" can tell us all we need to know and guide us in life, WE are our own best friend or worst enemy, WE can heal ourselves and WE have control over our own lives.

And back to religion-Christianity in particular- well, it's quite insane for people to be worshipping Jesus Christ as some divine saviour when there is enough research material out there AND books that were NOT included in the finalized version of the Bible to clearly counter to notion that there was (a) any divine conception (B) any resurecction from the dead and (c) that Jesus was in fact just a man, albeit an evolved soul, who was very likely married to Mary Magdalene !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hilarious !!!!!!!!!!!!!! And don't get me started on Islam.............

The only "god" we know of for sure is the unifying natural force of the physical universe. If you want something to revere, see what that force has created next time you are looking at a flower, an ocean or the starry night sky. You want to revere something, revere NATURE for THAT is REAL.

Supreme beings aside, there ARE alot of things in life not yet fully understood, but do not mix these up with talk of GOD. The paranormal and unexplained is not the issue here.

[edit on 18/9/08 by cosmicpixie]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
ps) The God of the Old Testament, Jehovah, was a warmongering, facist dictator in the vein of Saddam Hussein and Polpot. He wanted a one world religion, people to only worship him, and total subjection of the peoples. He wanted SLAVES. When he didn't get what he wanted, he gave orders for genocide, enslavement and plundering of cities. He wanted a one-world order, much like the Illuminati of the present day seek. His peoples were not allowed free will or self determination. They were just designed to be sheep.

Maybe that's what the human race want and need at the end of the day, but not all of us do. Thankfully Lucifer (not to be confused with Satan)made it known that slavery and bondage were not the only options.

EVERY time you externalize your power through reverence for invisible forces you believe yourself to be accountable for, you deny your own worth. Much as slaves to their masters end up doing. It's all quite sad .

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join