It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOw could you NOT agree with this???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJelly

you present your case as though it is obviously true. but its not, you have to prove it first.

any reasonable person will understand possibilities, until those possibilities are proven not to be true. you prove nothing.

you just keep saying that religious people are delusional over and over again.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
That's the main point I am trying to get to. The I-said-so defense does nothing.

Believe me when I say I am willing to listen should you find the power to give me something more than 'delusional' over and over

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
this is not the I-said-so case

its the observe reality case

interesting how I point out how obvious it is and Yet some of you refuse to accept nature and reality.

when you say prove something is not there....it makes no sense. It is not there. Not because I said its not there
because it ISNT there. Look around you.

In fact, anyone that has ever said they KNOW FOR SURE is lying because there is no way to prove it...now some of you seem to be hung up on a simple idea

IF you cant prove its not there, it might be there.

the fact "that its not there" in the first place proves itself valid.

I and anyone else on earth can prove that its not there...simply by observing reality and making a judgment.

even more so...if someone says they felt or experienced something that is there for EVERYONE and you did not..it is considered a subjective experience and has no validity in reality.

prove there is not a pink elephant next to you.
oh I forget, its in another dimension
oh I forget, only I can feel the pink elephant.

DELUSIONAL

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJelly

let me show you just how silly your argument is by giving you a metaphor

i propose that you dont have a brain. let me show you the "reality" of my case.

1 - you nor anyone else has ever seen you brain.

2 - you nor anyone else has ever touched your brain.

3 - in fact the only reason you think you have one is because some science or health book has to you so.

4 - yes, autopsies have shown others to have brains, but that doesnt mean you can assume YOU have a brain.

based on this "reality" and your "obvious" lack of evidence you would be delusional to suggest otherwise.

this is the type of arguement you are providing about god and religion. you assume that because you cant see him, he's not there. but you havent really thought it out much

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MrJelly

I and anyone else on earth can prove that its not there...simply by observing reality and making a judgment.

even more so...if someone says they felt or experienced something that is there for EVERYONE and you did not..it is considered a subjective experience and has no validity in reality.

prove there is not a pink elephant next to you.
oh I forget, its in another dimension
oh I forget, only I can feel the pink elephant.

DELUSIONAL

OF COURSE the (natural) world considers Christian's fools (delusional), this is stated in the Bible:

1 Cor 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

In fact, ALL of 1 Cor 2 talks about this subject. (It is a pretty short chapter, only 16 verses...it will only take about 5 minutes to read through it.)

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Miriam and pre-trib, stars awarded.

Miriam, did you watch the video I linked for you?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

i dont have sound at the moment, when my friend gets home i can ask her to find my headphones

sorry

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJelly
so you do you agree with me that all people who claim a certain belief in any religion on completely DELUSIONAL?

I absolutely agree. That doesn't make either of us any less delusional or hypocritical though. Anyone who claims to "talk to god" is on the same level as people that claim they talk to and get advice from dead relatives. It's all good - I mean, whatever is going on inside your head, is indeed going on inside your head.

It's just when those people start to insist you accept their delusions - that's when it gets awkward.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

AH HA!!!

There it is right there! You made a judgement. A judgement may be truth for you but it isn't for others.

And scientist, we aren't at a point where somebody is trying to make him believe God is there or has talked to them. He simply refuses to believe it is possible. Meanwhile he is trying to force down our throats that it isn't possible at all. That is a delusion to me.

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I love these 'god' rantings, I'm no fool and am much older and probably achieved far more then you Mr Jelly, That is why I have a far better way of thinking about life. Your obviously thinking God is some sort of guy or being that made stuff or something with a name. well your delusional. No-one knows what God is and if you read the original religious texts IT is not even called God or Jesus or Whatever. IT is a power, a power you and I can't explain, The thing that creates a tree from a seed that even science can only mention the process but not how or why. You try to make me some blood and I assure you it will never be right. Thats why people have blood transfusions because whilst we know what blood does and how it's used by our clever scientific research, we can't actually produce anything as good, unless you want a transfusion with fake vampire blood from haloween. This is god or THE POWER. Stuff you will never be able to explain and as you rightly say it's all imaginary cos you can't explain it, Imaginary but not delusional. If i made a teddy bear and it said to me: I can't see how you could have made me and I don't believe you did unless you prove it, then I would quite simply laugh at it. In the same way 'GOD' or whatever made the world as it is is not going to pop up and tell you how it made you or prove that it did. Face it humans think they are the top species but we can be wiped out by a big tidal wave so we are tiny on the scale of things. Why do you think 'GOD' would prove himself to you when he made you to serve whatever purpose he or IT has. If I was clever enough to make you and you said prove it I would laugh at you and then probably give you the flue for being so ignorant. Life is a test and I'm not going to bother going into it, Each person has to have his own experience to learn from. We are thrown all sorts of tests through life and you either pass or fail them. Simple. Each decision you make daily is a pass or fail and it gets added up at the end by whoever was clever enough to make us. If you think a rapist and a carer for the elderly deserve to die as equals then your wierd. I see everyone as getting what the deserve when they die, either from 'god or who knows what, I don't know what made everything as it is so can't be more specific for you. And perhaps it is all just a made up dream in my head... BUT what if not. Then Mr Jelly I think you'll find out when you die perhaps! All I know is when I die I don't want to hear 'GOD' or some powerful being or something say: Here comes the Ignorant fool who thought he was the best creation in the world and didn't think I existed and now Il show him a thing or two. Quite simply if you don't believe in a religion or faith or some sort of GOOD and BAD then your the best thing ever on the planet apparently and you have no-one to answer to. And if thats the case then why don't you become a pedophile or something. Its fine - there no god to answer to. Whether just as control or reality that we can't make sense of, I think the basics of religion are a good thing for humans to live decent lives. Yes people make too much of it, its just a set of basic rules, the same as every other religion or law. funny our government also makes a big deal about their laws. You get prison if your a rapist. 'GOD' or 'IT' works in the same way. there is always good or bad throughout life, lets just hope you've done enough good to make up for all the calling religious people delusional hey. I don't care about it except I feel sorry that your so blinded by your own greatness and you don't think about how much worse it could be for you if or when you find out you are wrong! I mean considering what a rubbish place earth CAN be to live in I don't for a second doubt that a HELL is possible. Imagine if you are punished for saying God doesn't exist when you die. He might even put you into a room of delusional people for the next ten years, all of who puke up over you constantly. Now thats Hell...

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

really?
I mean do I have to even respond to this comparison of a brain. This is so classic.

hmm. brain and GOD.
nice

I am not forcing anyone to believe anything that they wont realize if they STOP FANTASIZING and START OBSERVING REALITY.

it is DELUSIONAL TO BE BELIEVE IN GOD< ANGELS< and so on.

That is a fact, not because I said its a fact..but simply because they dont exist and people who claim GOD or angels exist have experienced that feeling..which is a feeling and not GOD or ANGELS.

anyone want to actually take this conversation anywhere besides "I FELT HIM, You cant prove it doesnt exist, bla bla bla"

sorry, I have to go feed the big pink elephant thats in your room. U did not see him..so prove that it doesnt exist. I felt him...
too bad u cant

DELUSIONAL
is the correct word

here is a definition for you who refuse to OBSERVE reality
"a fixed false belief that is resistant to reason or confrontation with actual fact"

its amazing how illogical the sheeple are. amazing.

in order to feel special coz life is so boring for some...u must be delusional to make yourself feel good

NOTHING WRONG WITH IT. but its delusional. no big deal. just a fact

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   

really?
I mean do I have to even respond to this comparison of a brain. This is so classic.

hmm. brain and GOD.
nice

I am not forcing anyone to believe anything that they wont realize if they STOP FANTASIZING and START OBSERVING REALITY.

it is DELUSIONAL TO BE BELIEVE IN GOD< ANGELS< and so on.

That is a fact, not because I said its a fact..but simply because they dont exist and people who claim GOD or angels exist have experienced that feeling..which is a feeling and not GOD or ANGELS.

anyone want to actually take this conversation anywhere besides "I FELT HIM, You cant prove it doesnt exist, bla bla bla"

sorry, I have to go feed the big pink elephant thats in your room. U did not see him..so prove that it doesnt exist. I felt him...
too bad u cant

DELUSIONAL
is the correct word

here is a definition for you who refuse to OBSERVE reality
"a fixed false belief that is resistant to reason or confrontation with actual fact"

its amazing how illogical the sheeple are. amazing.

in order to feel special coz life is so boring for some...u must be delusional to make yourself feel good

NOTHING WRONG WITH IT. but its delusional. no big deal. just a fact

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Ok lemme change the wording then.

Prove to me it is false by your definition

The simple truth is, you haven't seen it so it doesn't exist to you. That's fine Miriam and I seem to be perfectly willing to accept that. But take for example this box of lemonheads I am eating now. You don't see it so you're telling me it isn't real?

You have done absolutely nothing to prove us wrong and have proven you are not willing to do so because you simply can't.

With that I am done with the thread. Enjoy your night

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Actually...let me ask this. You want a real question. BAM here it is...

Who get's to decide what is delusional and what isn't and what is your definition of what should be considered fake? That which we cannot see?

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJelly

again, you ignored my question and then went ranting again.

slow down, take a deep breath and think for a second. how would you prove to someone that you have a brain?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

really. you are still unable to know a simple thing called logic

I dont know why I am even typing this but let me see.hmm

the fact that a box of lemonades exists in the world. for example..
it exists in REALITY

anyone want to actually use their brains on this and get us into a real discussion

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

Bam to you
coz u dont make sense

YOU DONT create your own reality.
im not even going to try this one...
have ever even read a book on logic or any simple a=b therefore...so on at all

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

slow down, take a deep breath and think for a second. how would you prove to someone that you have a brain?

I did not go ranting. I just merely pointed out the rudimentary understanding that you and some others lack.

If you are looking for the grade school answer of u wont know till u kill yourself or die or bla bla bla
go back to grade school or high school philosophy.

or if you are looking for the spiritual answer of the fact that it is an organ that allows you to think and behave as you are, therefore there must a GOD who created humans allowing us to think and behave in the world..again, no point

THe fact still remains clear and you still refuse to OBSERVE REALITY

Delusional is exactly what you and others are.

There is no denying this fact, not because I said so..but because in itself you choose to believe in something that is not in reality.

If you said GOD is a feeling. Ok, I cant argue.
like love..love is a feeling.

but again, please play your basic games elsewhere or start observing reality
come out of the fantasy world
its harder to observe reality, but u will get farther in life

Delusional
is the word

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Yes I have and I feel as I have figured out what is happening here.

Thanks for the fun ride. You make absolutely no sense and appear to be unable to answer the simplest questions. This is not about logic. It is such a simple question. Who gets to decide what is the 'logical' answer here. If you are going to say society then I think you will lose considering many of society's members believes in some form of deity. That's quite alright though I will never lose any sleep over you thinking I am delusional for I and many many others know I am not. Have a fine time and good luck with your thread.

Miriam, I am out of here. I'll stick with chatting with you outside :-p

Good evening to you MJ

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

It doesnt matter if a million people agree with you, logically it is delusional to believe in a GOD.
IS there anything wrong with that? not that all.

As for who decides what is logical or not. Simple. look around you.

What is interesting is that I HAVe answered your question. but in fact what you want to see is an answer as follow

"There is no way to prove that god doesnt exist. the experiences that many have had only prove that there is a source that we can not observe in reality but exists. The dimensions that we can not see, or the choose not to see because SOCiETY has locked it away from us or brainwashed us is mostly where angels hang out. Bla, bla bla."

Mr.Jelly you dont answer questions..

I do, but if all we are saying is "anything is possible" and provide nothing but subjective emotional experiences...there is nothing there.

simply because you REFUSE TO FACE REALITY
and are delusional.
its is an obvious fact

any person can tell you the reasons behind it as I have. but u will never understand it because understanding it means coming to grips with the simple truth that you are only an animal and nothing more. No spriritualit, no god, no angels, no demons

never was, never will be. no one knew, no one will ever know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join