It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is Imploding!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
First it's god that created the governments then it's satan that create the governments, why cant you people get your god to communicate effectively. The least you can do before you go imposing yourself on " reasonable" people is get your god to give it to you straight.

Allthough it makes no difference to me, given the fact that your god allegedly created everything, time universe all knowing and all that, how could your god have not created satan?

Do you realise how irrational it all sounds?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
All one has to do is examine the ghastly record of injustice and bloodshed that all governments are guilty of to discern the true force controlling them.

Christendom is indeed declining. the reports of it's fall from influence and power are too numerous to report. BUt here are a couple:

In 2002 sociologist Steve Bruce, in his book God is Dead—Secularization in the West, said of Britain: “In the nineteenth century almost all weddings were religious.” However, by 1971, only 60 percent of English weddings were religious. In 2000 it was only 31 percent.

Commenting on this trend, the religion correspondent for London’s Daily Telegraph wrote: “All the main denominations, from the Church of England and the Roman Catholics to the Methodist and United Reformed Churches, are suffering from long-term decline.” He said concerning one report: “Britain’s Churches will be well on the way to extinction by 2040 with just two per cent of the population attending Sunday services.”

[edit on 25-8-2008 by Sparky63]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

God is in control, why?

I do not have the mind of God,

The thought of the foolish is sin: and the scorner is an abomination to men.

"And he changeth the times and the seasons; He removeth kings, and setteth up kings; he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding. He revealeth the deep and secret things; he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him." ( Dn 2: 20-22 )

"Thou, O king, art a king of kings, for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, glory.”
Speaking of Nebuchadnezzar
( Dn 2: 37 )

"13 I saw in the visions of my head upon my bed, and,behold,a watcher and an holy one came down from heaven. He cried aloud, and said thus….. This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men."
( Dn 4: 13-17

Here is an interesting one,

"Then saith Pilate unto him: Speakest thou not unto me Knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee? Jesus answered:

Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above. Therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin." ( Jn 19: 10-11 )

read the signs, everything that has come to pass and will come to pass was fortold, the great falling away was fortold the persecution of the christians is evident on this forum

The end of this age is fast approaching, when the nations on earth will be utterly perplexed and panic-stricken (Luke 21:25)

Here then the holy spirit, which restrains is being taken away from earth

who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god and object of worship,(anti christ) so as to seat himself in the temple of God, claiming that he is a god--

do you not recall that while I was still with you I told you these things?

And now you know what is restraining, ( holy spirit) that he may be revealed in his time.

For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work. But the one who restrains is to do so only for the present, until he is removed from the scene. ( holy spirit)

2 Thessalonians 2:6-8

For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

As I have sat here for months watching the anti christian rhetoric on the forum and others this becomes more clear.

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth unrighteousness,because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.

Professing to be wise, they became fools,

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
When faced with the question as to whether God is controlling or backing the governments today, we should ask;

Do we see any resemblance between the love and unity that must exist among God’s true servants and the course that world leaders and people in general have followed for centuries?

In our century alone, the slaughter of religious people by other religious people has taken tens of millions of lives. Often those killing one another have been of the very same religion! Catholic killing Catholic, Protestant killing Protestant, & Muslim killng Muslim.

That is sure evidence that God is not backing them. Instead, as God’s Word shows, their backer is no one else but Satan the Devil. That is why the apostle John could say: “We know we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.” (1 John 5:19) Yes, Satan is “the god of this system of things.” (2 Corinthians 4:4)

Satan is the power behind the leaders and people of this world whose actions show that these men cannot be from God.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Uh... that's exploding...

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Wow! I just came on and was surprised to see all of the responses.

I will set precedence and say that we can use all the scriptures in the world and still be off in our thinking or interpretations. The challenge comes in; suppose there is a new interpreting or new slant on old thinking?

I will not go head to head with those of you who are devout. It wouldn't do any good and we would lose the drift of what my post is about. Ie., it is more thrilling to learn a piece of newer information (such as there are no originals of the NT) than to dig up old over-used Biblical dogma that may not actually be accurate.

If we believe in the possibility of an apocalypse then we should accept the fact that it might just affect our beliefs! No, devout ones, you are not immune to new insight. "A Revealing" means just that! A revealing or exposure of possible incorrect information or beliefs. Those of you who do not believe that this is already taking place are burying your heads in the sand and or; are wearing blinders. You are way behind the rest of the educated world in not keeping up with the latest discoveries or revealings.

Think on this all of you who are devout: supposing you are wrong. Suppose everything that is being revealed is from God? Suppose he has allowed religion to run matters for millenniums and is now taking back the reigns? Would there not be conflict amongst you? Do we on the outside not see this a lot with you - especially here on ATS? Use sound reasoning, and we can see that there is a time of accounting happening now.

I will respond more to the posts later as I am working. But I am thrilled with the posts and am anxious to respond to some!!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixProphet
Think on this all of you who are devout: supposing you are wrong. Suppose everything that is being revealed is from God? Suppose he has allowed religion to run matters for millenniums and is now taking back the reigns?

I think that is exactly what He has done. He has allowed religion & human governments to have a free hand, so to speak. But there will be an accounting. Judgement is reserved for the "time of the end" when all of mans institutions will be disolved.

That is why the First century Christians were told to pray for His Kingdom to come. No matter what nation they were from their allegience was to be to his government under Christs rulership. They were to exist in this world and yet be without blemish from it. They would have to be no part of the bloodguilty institutions or administrations governed by imperfect men.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Think on this all of you who are devout: supposing you are wrong. reply to post by MatrixProphet

Here lies your problem dude, devout people cannot in anyway do this, they may doubt their understanding to which they run to a preacher for his interpritation, the carry on being right as normal.

The blind leading the blind

This issue over satan in control is absloute mindless stupidity, if a god created everything according to a plan it created. Obviously a satan which is part of that plan is a creation of this god, so obviously this god is in control of everything, lay back and enjoy the ride there goes free will.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Here in th USA we have this movement to the Mega-Church. They are HUGE congregations that sometimes are well over a thousand with multimedia and lots and lots of entertainment to keep the masses coming back.

They are as far away from God as you can get and still be called a church.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
why dont christians have true religious experiences.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

stop quoting what others beleive and think for urself for instead of questioning people for not believing in god question urself for why you believing in one . by the way the day that u allow things to become clear u will feel very liberated ironic i know

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
reply to post by MatrixProphet

No, Christianity is not imploding, although I wish it would. It has stood strong for 2,000 years through various persecutions, scandals, even debunkings. So do not expect it to implode.

I must beg to differ. I used to be a church consultant and have been to well over a thousand churches of all denominations and interviewed over a thousand pastors and Priests. In total candor and have received information most will never be privy to. I am a Reverend and they all BS with me because I am "one of the boys".

It is not only imploding but it is dieing faster than its growth. The Mega-church craze will finally transform it completely into something strange you will not recognize.

The truth hurts but you cannot wish it away.

Edit to add: The person that posted above me reminded me because of a post he made on another thread and I wanted him to understand something.

Walking the walk and thinking the thoughts of Jesus is the way..not making him a false God.

God is God...Jesus was a great teacher.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by LoneGunMan]

Well I sure hope you are right. The day that christianity finally disappear is the day I will jump in joy for people. We have been enslaved for too long.

Unfortunately, that wont happen any time soon. Just take a stroll anywhere and you will see churches every few blocks. You will see thousands and thousands of people going to churches, parking lots filling up every Sunday.

Christianity dying? Hardly.

This is a conspiracy to keep people under control and to create crazy amount of profits. This is a conspiracy to keep people from thinking for themselves and to look within themselves for the answers and maybe find God. Jesus said that the kingdom of heaven is within YOU. Not in churches, pastors, government, whoever. YOU.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Interesting article. Most of the reasons you give are exactly why I left the Church some years back. Christianity is so impossibly different from the religion it was in the first 300 years before the first pope and has become a religion that is more concerned about controlling and keeping its Elite few in power and money than anything else. There is so much untruth taught as doctrine and dogma in the name of Jesus, so much of hatred taught as love. The church has long since gone from love the person but hate the sin to hating everything and everyone that is not exactly as perceived by its leaders as Christian. There has been a loss of true spirit communication for most Christians. The things I have learned over the years about what is and is not the Divine Nature and what is and is not true spirituality caused me to leave the Church and religion as a whole behind. It is a true saying that more wars are caused by religious differences than any other reason and that even other reasons are influenced by religious leaders.
be blessed in all things

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
Think on this all of you who are devout: supposing you are wrong. reply to post by MatrixProphet

This issue over satan in control is absloute mindless stupidity, if a god created everything according to a plan it created. Obviously a satan which is part of that plan is a creation of this god, so obviously this god is in control of everything, lay back and enjoy the ride there goes free will.

This is really the Key issue. Is God to blame for the terrible things that have happened in mans history? If no, then who is?

You are right about free will being relevant in all this. Was Satan part of the purpose? Evidently not. He was not created as an evil spirit bent on thwarting Gods will. Satan became this, because he too was created with Free will. He chose to work against Gods purpose and raised a issue of universal importance, The issue of Gods Soveriegnty, or right to rule.

God has allowed Satan time and opportunity to prove his claim that we would be better off choosing for ourselves what is right or wrong.

Satans challenge will ultimately fail, and God will undo all the harm Satan has caused. That is what Christians are instructed to pray for when they ask that Gods will be done in heaven and on earth.

I agree with you that it is indeed an interesting ride!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

We're well aware it is rapidly declining. One of the many reasons we know we are in the end times.

Christ said there would be a great "falling away" before the "man of sin" would be revealed.

Looks like we are in the "great falling away" period in time by the stats you quoted.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY beg to differ!!!

You tell me, was Jesus Christ a "great teacher" or a liar????

Jesus Christ - "I and the father are one"

Jesus Christ is GOD, "before Abraham was, I AM", "I am the Alpha and Omega",
"No one comes before the Father except through me".

Who is going to judge the world from Jerusalem? God the father? No, it's Jesus Christ, God the Son. The living Word.

If you are a minister you will be judged TWICE as hard, you're supposed to be leading souls to the Lord of Lords. Not telling the world that Jesus Christ is a liar.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by NOTurTypical]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
Point taken nice post, I gave you a star

Turn the other cheek, smile and respect them for their beliefs. Just simply say, No thank you. reply to post by Amaterasu

I can respect someones beliefs all well and good, but only to the point where that belief system poses a threat to my way of life or that of my children.

An example- I do my very best to keep my children far awy from religions for obvious intelligent reasons.

However if christians had their way (which their trying very hard to do) my children would go to school and be taught how the world was created in 6 days and other such rubbish., this is just the tip of the iceberg.

While I agree that when they are at your door (or in your school district) then it is time to fight. But here, on ATS, I suspect it vitriol wasted to attack them just because they believe a given way.

Me? I teach my child about all kinds of religions, for comparative purposes. I want her to grow up solidly understanding that there are many beliefs out there and that we should never put someone down merely because they believe differently. I will also explain that some amongst some belief systems think that strong-arming others in an effort to force belief also takes place, but that she is free to smile and say, No thanks.

[shrug]

That's merely how I see it. Your Universe may differ.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Jesus Christ - "I and the father are one"

Before you try yo use this scripture in support of the Trinity doctine you shoulc consider what Jesus said just a few chapters later:

When saying, “I and the Father are one,” did Jesus mean that they were equal? But at John 17:21, 22, Jesus prayed regarding his followers: “That they may all be one,” and he added, “that they may be one even as we are one.”

He used the same Greek word (hen) for “one” in all these instances.

Obviously, Jesus’ disciples do not all become part of the Trinity. But they do come to share a oneness of purpose with the Father and the Son, the same sort of oneness that unites God and Christ.

This should help you to see what Jesus really meant.

This is an example of one reason why Christendom is imploding. False doctines like the trinity have been accepted by mainstream Christians.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I'm glad someone other than me looks at the Greek or Hebrew over the English.

Jesus and God are one, as is the Holy Spirit. We who are saved are one with Christ, in the "body of Christ".

Much like marriage, the husband and wife are two persons, yet they are one.

Same with Jesus, God the Father, and the Holy Spirit. 3 distinct deities, yet at the same time One God.

You edited out Jesus's other statements.

"before Abraham was, I AM." (I existed long before Abraham)

"I am the Alpha and Omega" (I was the first, and I will be the last, or beginning and the end. = Eternal One)

Jesus most definitely stated he was God in the flesh. Even broken down to Greek still says the same.

Jesus Christ is the Lord of Lords, and the King of Kings. Who will judge the people's and the nations? God the Father, or God the Son?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

This is an example of one reason why Christendom is imploding. False doctines like the trinity have been accepted by mainstream Christians.

"Trinity" is an English theological term for the "Godhead", that is in the scripture. "Trinity" simply means 3 in one.

And there should be NO surprise that modern Christianity is on the decline, Jesus Christ Himself stated that "the generation that watches Israel become a nation will be the generation that witnesses the end of days". Israel became whole with Jerusalem as her capital in 1967.

What else did Jesus say about our generation? It will witness a great "falling away" then the "man of sin will be revealed".

Any Christian with an elementary introduction to prophecy will point out that this falling away was foretold by Jesus 2,000 years ago. Just another sign that the end of days is on our doorsteps.

Hint: Wanna know what caused this "falling away"?? Read Jesus's letter to the first church in Revelation.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join