It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US offensive in Afghanistan 'kills 76 civilians'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
For the record: we are guilty of war crimes, all of us, everyone who allows Bush's criminal regime to stay in power.

You're kidding me, right?

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.Ideo precor beatam Mariam semper Virginem, beatum Michaelem Archangelum, beatum Joannem Baptistam, sanctos Apostolos Petrum et Paulum, omnes Sanctos, et te Pater, orare pro me ad Dominum Deum Nostrum.

I don't speak Portuguese, so I have no idea what you are saying. And no, I am not kidding. We have all sat on our hands while Bush's policies has freely murdered all around the globe!

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
you people love this dont you give you a chance to celebrate. you lack iq if you think we are killing civilians on purpose.

whats wrong with you people again check your emotions and your hate for bush

our soldiers would never want that to happen. we are helping them.

i am sure that during the talibans day in afgan and they executed women in the soccer stadium they would love to go back to those days.

you liberals with your blind rabid hate of bush is sickening. that time of hatred blind hatred is what killed the Jews. the idea that the jews were an evil people and the cause of german pre ww2 problems.

we are liberating and we are in a battle good vs evil. the truly evil are trying to take afgan back and want to attack us again.

the terrorist have plans to go to american mall's and kill women and children as they shop.

you guys want that? you dont understand the evil enemy. bush and the military are not evil and dont target civilians and are keeping us safe.

dont let your political hatred cloud the truth.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by airborne82ndscout

you liberals with your blind rabid hate of bush is sickening. that time of hatred blind hatred is what killed the Jews. the idea that the jews were an evil people and the cause of german pre ww2 problems.

we are liberating and we are in a battle good vs evil. the truly evil are trying to take afgan back and want to attack us again.

You can thank Prescott Bush for helping to kill Jews in WWII.

And the good verses evil shtick is best served here:

forums.hannity.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

not a shickt.

its the truth they are evil and we are good.

and i see who's side your on.

i guess your for the terroirst

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by airborne82ndscout

You sound like Bush after 9/11

"You're either with us or against us."

The world isn't black and white.

Edit: I guess the quote was "You'e either with us, or with the terrorists"

[edit on 22-8-2008 by ben420]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Hmmm, so many accidents happen, its almost like a deliberately planned form of terrorism and control, isn't it?

news.bbc.co.uk...

The number of Afghan civilians killed by US bombs has surpassed the death toll of the 11 September attacks, according to a study by an American academic.

Nearly 3,800 Afghans died between 7 October and 7 December, University of New Hampshire Professor Marc Herold said in a research report. ...

"I think that a much more realistic figure would be around 5,000. You know for Afghanistan, 3,700 to 5,000 is a really substantial number."...

Professor Herold said his calculations are based only on deaths reported in the mainstream media, so would not include those in remote areas of Afghanistan.

It also omits those killed indirectly, when air strikes cut off their access to hospitals, food or electricity.

Also exempt are bomb victims who later died of their injuries.

US forces were reported to have killed 106 Afghan civilians when they dropped bombs on the village of Qalaye Naizi, in eastern Afghanistan.

Military authorities denied having mistakenly bombed a village,...

On 27 December, US bombers were said to have killed 40 civilians in Ghazni, south-west of Kabul...

And last month, American warplanes hit a convoy transporting tribal elders to the inauguration of the Afghanistan government in Kabul. About 65 people were killed....

Other reported incidents include:

* 11 October: Two US jets were said to have bombed the mountain village of Karam. The death toll was estimated at between 100 and 160.
* 13 October: Bombs fell on the Qila Meer Abas neighbourhood, two kilometres south of Kabul airport. Four civilians were reportedly killed
18 October: Some 47 civilians were said to have been killed when a central market place, Sarai Shamali, near Kandahar, was bombed.
* 23 October: More than 90 civilians were reportedly killed when low-flying US gun ships fired on the farming villages of Bori Chokar and Chowkar-karez, north of Kandahar.
* 31 October: An F-18 was said to have bombed a Red Crescent clinic in a pre-dawn raid, killing between 15 and 25 people.
* 10 November: Villages in the Khakrez district were reportedly bombed, killing more than 150 civilians

Edit to add: Of course this is leaving the whole DU weaponry out of the picture, which is prolonged murder of civilians.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by airborne82ndscout

That is hilarious! Did you check out the hannity.com forums? Seriously, you will be quite at home there. "We are good they are evil..." that's rich!

So, not a trace of evil in bombing innocent women and children, never happened. Just say "oopsy!" and move on.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
What is the relevance of your comment? We are good, you are evil? What has this got to do with US (and its allies) involvement in the middle east, on what most people believe are trumped up charges for corporate agendas, bombing and killings civilians, whole neighborhoods, hospitals. (Oops!). Every single child is good. Most civilians are good. Civilians are not the enemy, now are they? Even if conceivably one is justified in trying to capture a group of criminals, you wouldn't go bombing civilian neighborhoods to possibly kill someone you think just entered there. Not if you're human and good yourself. Maybe if you are a godless, athiestic or luciferean cartel who gets wet dreams over massive control and depopulation.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by airborne82ndscout
reply to post by pluckynoonez

not a shickt.

its the truth they are evil and we are good.

and i see who's side your on.

i guess your for the terroirst

Oh your falling for that bullsh*t " Your either with us or your with the terrorists" Get a life.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonezI don't speak Portuguese, so I have no idea what you are saying. And no, I am not kidding. We have all sat on our hands while Bush's policies has freely murdered all around the globe!

Well, neither do I. It's Latin.

Freely murdered? Really. What's with the heaping guilt on yourself over what happened?

Anyway, this comes up all the time on ATS. US forces kill some civilians, the entire US military is called, "murderers", "killers", etc by people that aren't in theater and have zero experience in the military.

When people that have experience in the military try to explain what happened, they get shouted down by the keyboard commandos in their mom's basement.

OK, the insurgency in Iraq and A-stan like to mix it up with civilians. They hide in the population and perform hit and run tactics. When the US conducts an airstrike, they hoped that civilians are killed. They don't give a flying f**k that women and children are killed; they are using them as shields.

Unfortunately, some people have problems understand that.

My two cents.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Jerico, as I've already commented in your thread, people have different perceptions of the Taliban vs Coaltion troops.

People aren't surprised at the Talibans tactics because they are backwards coward fanatical scum. Coalition troops come from civilized countries and are in the middle east under the guise of helping the people. Coalition troops aren't expected to drop to the Talibans level.

I hope you see what I'm trying to say.

This is not a standard war with two opposing forces squaring off. This is a war with experienced troops fighting against insurgents dressed as civilians. Big, big, big difference. Insurgents don't have to follow the code of war like the Coalition troops are bound to.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben420

Jerico, as I've already commented in your thread, people have different perceptions of the Taliban vs Coaltion troops.

People aren't surprised at the Talibans tactics because they are backwards coward fanatical scum. Coalition troops come from civilized countries and are in the middle east under the guise of helping the people. Coalition troops aren't expected to drop to the Talibans level.

This is not a standard war with two opposing forces squaring off. This is a war with experienced troops fighting against insurgents dressed as civilians. Big, big, big difference. Insurgents don't have to follow the code of war like the Coalition troops are bound to.

Yeah totally agree with you man.Good logical analysis of that.
But the fact still remains, the 3 people who own this whole earth.
We work for there private henchman army.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Oh, I understand what you're saying.

What I don't understand is that some people give the insurgents a free pass on how they are behave in battle. It's OK for them to do everything against the LOAC and no one bats an eye. US troops conduct an airstrike, one civilian is killed, and everyone is up in arms, even tho US strikes are tightly controlled and planned to avoid civilian casualities.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by jerico65]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

People aren't OK with the Talibans tactics Jerico, but people know how insane the extremist muslims are. We've all seen the beheading videos and saw the news clips of the burnt Blackwater corpses dragged through the streets.

Originally posted by jerico65US troops conduct an airstrike, one civilian is killed, and everyone is up in arms, even tho US strikes are tightly controlled and planned to avoid civilian casualities.
[edit on 22-8-2008 by jerico65]

In this case, it wasn't one civilian, it was 76. Around 50 of those civilians were children. Since things like this happen often on the soldiers part, it actually tells us that their operations are not tightly controlled.

I know it seems unfair that the Taliban committs all these war crimes while Coaltion troops get villified for the deaths of civilians, but Coalition troops are on a much higher morale level than muslim extremists.

I don't think I can make my point any clearer.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

In this case, it wasn't one civilian, it was 76. Around 50 of those civilians were children. Since things like this happen often on the soldiers part, it actually tells us that their operations are not tightly controlled.

And according to the article, even that could be wrong. I think they have something like three different versions of the story/casuality list going around.

Originally posted by ben420I know it seems unfair that the Taliban committs all these war crimes while Coaltion troops get villified for the deaths of civilians, but Coalition troops are on a much higher morale level than muslim extremists..

Why shouldn't the insurgents be held to a higher standard? Once again, the US has to fight by the rules, but the enemy doesn't have any rules to follow.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ben420

Tightly controlled? Define tightly controlled. What were the ROE's? Where was the location of enemy forces in comparison to the civilians and/or Allied forces? What intel was provided? etc etc etc

Opinions are made in this thread, yet not a single person was even there to know what really happened.

I suggest let's find out what really happened, unless one of the posters on here was actually there and could provide their testimony to the fighting.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Truther

it is no secret that those who fight in allahs cause often strike from behind civilians, to generate just this sort of news report. the media eats it up everytime, they are very predictable.

notice, the report doesnt put any emphasis on how atrocious the tactic of doing so is, and i couldnt help but notice your finger pointing at the usa, and not the true believers who use their fellows as expendable pawns, to be sacrificed so.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truther

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
reply to post by Truther

It's called "liberation."

And with America's big stick diplomacy, ya' gotta' break a few eggs to make an omelette.

Oh im sorry, i didnt think you had to kill millions of inocent people to make democracy work in a country. (Iraq and Afghanistan)

from 70 to millions?

exaggerate much?

care to do the math again?

allahs most devoted play your sort like a fine instrument.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join