It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US offensive in Afghanistan 'kills 76 civilians'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by feydrautha
reply to post by iiinvision

i know quite a bit, the ojibwa was a very large nation, most know them as the chippewa

and like all who populated the americas, they were all descendants of the asian land bridge migration, so they were not tchnically native, either, just here before eropeans (as far as anyone knows, there has been a case where european human remains were discovered here that pre-date the asian migration)

and to paint all pre-european "natives" as peaceful, loving hippy/utopians is a complete fantasy

oh, a phd at yale, you say? well, let us all bow down to the "expert"

you first

good luck in life is all I have to say to you. where you get your information from is beyond me.

you really don't know much about your ancestors do you?

[edit on 8/23/2008 by iiinvision]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq

Did the children and civilians of Aghanistan do any of this? Or, if it wasn't an internal job by the cartel (which I knew the day I watched it on tv that corporate American had just killed its own people, to enter the middle east, because thats how they operate. I knew that watching the live coverage.) Or was it a set of terrorists created by the CIA, even if it was a group of criminals (which were linked to Saudi Arabia, by the way), how did that suddenly turn every Afghanistan into a terrorist or criminal? It didn't. They remained "civilians", not fodder.

yes, the cia created terrorists, it had nothing to do with the demands allah has made of his followers... sheesh, do you actually read what you type?

the cia has nothing better to do than to fabricate jihadists, so they can kill civilians, their favorite sport...

absurd

those afghan civilians you speak of, they wouldnt be the ones shooting rpgs at soldiers, would they? they're not the ones detonating themselves among women and children, are they?

when they strike from behind civilian populations, they purposely use those civilians as human sacrifice for their cause, its the jihadists, not the western soldiers who are responsible for their deaths

but of course, thats not popular, is it? better to blame america... thats the mantra, isnt it?

Errr, apparently you aren't aware that the CIA financed and equipped the Mujahideen (one of the members was a young Osama Bin Laden) in the early 80's to combat the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan.

Hampton-el was described by prosecutors as a skilled bomb-maker. It was hardly surprising. In Afghanistan he fought with the Hezb-i-Islami group of mujahideen, whose training and weaponry were mainly supplied by the CIA.

He was not alone. American officials estimate that, from 1985 to 1992, 12,500 foreigners were trained in bomb-making, sabotage and urban guerrilla warfare in Afghan camps the CIA helped to set up.

Since the fall of the Soviet puppet government in 1992, another 2,500 are believed to have passed through the camps. They are now run by an assortment of Islamic extremists, including Osama bin Laden, the world's most wanted terrorist.

www.guardian.co.uk...

The CIA has a long, long history of financing and supporting terrorist organizations throughout the world, from the middle east, to Africa, to South America.

Believe it whether you want to or not, but the CIA is responsible both directly and indirectly through their actions and foreign policy for a very large majority of the worlds terrorism issues.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Midav
reply to post by ben420

Tightly controlled? Define tightly controlled. What were the ROE's? Where was the location of enemy forces in comparison to the civilians and/or Allied forces? What intel was provided? etc etc etc

Opinions are made in this thread, yet not a single person was even there to know what really happened.

I suggest let's find out what really happened, unless one of the posters on here was actually there and could provide their testimony to the fighting.

How the hell should I know, I obviously wasn't there. But if that amount of dead civilians is acceptable to you, you got problems buddy.

Originally posted by jerico65
Why shouldn't the insurgents be held to a higher standard? Once again, the US has to fight by the rules, but the enemy doesn't have any rules to follow.

I'm not saying they shouldn't be held to a higher standard, it's just that these guys are so backwards in society that we know they won't follow the high ground.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ben420

Exactly!! You weren't there. Your opinion is mute.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by iiinvision

reply to post by iiinvision

i know quite a bit, the ojibwa was a very large nation, most know them as the chippewa

and like all who populated the americas, they were all descendants of the asian land bridge migration, so they were not tchnically native, either, just here before eropeans (as far as anyone knows, there has been a case where european human remains were discovered here that pre-date the asian migration)

and to paint all pre-european "natives" as peaceful, loving hippy/utopians is a complete fantasy

oh, a phd at yale, you say? well, let us all bow down to the "expert"

you first

good luck in life is all I have to say to you. where you get your information from is beyond me.

you really don't know much about your ancestors do you?

[edit on 8/23/2008 by iiinvision]

i couldnt help but notice you didnt point out anything incorrect in my reply?

this thread is not about the history of the ojibwa tribe, i could go on at length, but that would be entirely off topic

tell me what information i presented that was incorrect?

i dont rely on luck i have good judgement and determination.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben420

Errr, apparently you aren't aware that the CIA financed and equipped the Mujahideen (one of the members was a young Osama Bin Laden) in the early 80's to combat the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan.

The CIA has a long, long history of financing and supporting terrorist organizations throughout the world, from the middle east, to Africa, to South America.

Believe it whether you want to or not, but the CIA is responsible both directly and indirectly through their actions and foreign policy for a very large majority of the worlds terrorism issues.

thats common knowledge, what is also common knowledge is that the cia did not encourage them to become terrorists

their service to allah is the reason for the terror they perpetrate, not the cia, lets keep the facts sorted out, shall we?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join