It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Umm...Houston we have a photo problem !

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

No, they are opaque. In certain views where you see the brightly lit surface of a chevron though the tire mesh, the color tends to be pretty close to the color of the soil and the lit up mesh which makes them appear almost absent.

ok but that still doesnt explain how they are showing up in a shadow.

when considering the angle of the sun in relation to the shadow and assuming the sun is reflecting off the chevrons the reflection would not be lined up perfectly like it is.

but i think your implying that the sun is shining thru the chevrons but how can that be when you said they are opaque ?

[edit on 21-8-2008 by easynow]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

No, I'm not saying they have any translucency. The chevrons should cast a shadow.

A detailed shot of the mesh taken on the moon (AS16-107-17511)

Edit: I'm saying the color of the tire components is pretty close to the surface color and when light reflected directly off them from the inside of the tire, they can largely become invisible. The pic show how similar the tire color is.

[edit on 8/21/2008 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Edit: I'm saying the color of the tire components is pretty close to the surface color and when light reflected directly off them from the inside of the tire, they can largely become invisible. The pic show how similar the tire color is.

yes i did take that into consideration. the other pictures i posted clearly show the tires looking the same color as the surface.

it still looked like a reflection more than anything to me and thats why i questioned it.

it almost looked to me like someone photoshopped the surface onto the inside of the tire.

it is deceiving if your explanation is correct.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

it almost looked to me like someone photoshopped the surface onto the inside of the tire.

it is deceiving if your explanation is correct.

I think it's a bit deceiving but is just a lack of contrast with direct light.

Another thing is, does anyone have any of these images printed in a book or other source from before photoshop even existed? Of course there was airbrushing but I'd think what would get airbrushed-in would be what one intuitively expects to see there and not the opposite. If they did airbrush-in counterintuitive imagery then it's almost as if NASA wanted to make it look like they actually didn't go. Personally, if I saw nothing interesting and eye-catching in MOON photos then I might be suspicious.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
This image even shows the effect in a less drastic way without direct light on the chevrons.

AS16-117-18825HR

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Another thing is, does anyone have any of these images printed in a book or other source from before photoshop even existed?

that i do not know and i dont know when this picture was released either. i just find it funny that there are so many strange looking things to see when you are looking at Apollo photo's.

the reason there is the conspiracy theory of them not going to the moon is because alot of the pictures contain things that are questionable like this for example.

i believe they did go to the moon but i also believe that at the time this occurred they wanted to keep things as secret as possible from the Soviet Union and others.

i am on the fence as to wether some of the photo's are fake or changed in some way.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4x4fun
here is what these tires look like close up. hope it helps.

thank you 4x4fun for posting that link.

i just noticed you posted it...good job.

that is an excellent photo of the rover and gives you a great perspective of how the tires were designed.

i would love to put the rover in a mud hole and see how they stood up to some mud slinging. bet they aint as good as a super swamper though.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by easynow]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Hey, I linked to that same one 10 messages prior to 4x4fun! No matter, at least you saw it.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   

the reason there is the conspiracy theory of them not going to the moon is because alot of the pictures contain things that are questionable like this for example.

The reason is because people misunderstand and misinterpret things that they see in the pictures. Kinda like you have done.

They take that misunderstanding and misinterpretation, add it to their mistrust of science and technology and jump to ridiculous conclusions.

They take those ridiculous conclusions and start looking for more things to misunderstand and misinterpret in order to back up their ridiculous conclusions.

The final stage is to disregard things that don't backup their ridiculous conclusions.

That's why there is this conspiracy theory.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   

yes i know you posted that link ..i didnt see that 4x4fun had posted it also and was just thanking her/him for the input.

i also want to thank you for your input and perspective on this

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

something tells me...

your the type that will be first in line for the micro-chip implant...

[edit on 22-8-2008 by easynow]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 4x4fun

wow great picture totally shuts down this thread.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Check out the shadows on the 2 vertical poles planted here in the lunar surface.

Hmm...

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

The reason is because people misunderstand and misinterpret things that they see in the pictures. Kinda like you have done.

They take that misunderstanding and misinterpretation, add it to their mistrust of science and technology and jump to ridiculous conclusions.

They take those ridiculous conclusions and start looking for more things to misunderstand and misinterpret in order to back up their ridiculous conclusions.

The final stage is to disregard things that don't backup their ridiculous conclusions.

That's why there is this conspiracy theory.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Phage]

Very well said...and in spite of the OP's snide remark to you, it is because of the well informed nature of ATSer's that these misinterpretations can be evaluated and disposed of in good order. There are too many things that are truely wonderous and unexplainable to concentrate on someone's inability to deal with reality about somthing like this when it explined in great detail. I feel the OP should thank those who took the time to answer his persistant inquires with patience and concern.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Guys, stop feeding the god damned troll already.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
interesting thread: had no idea the rovers tires were crafted like that, thats really cool.

Although the picture in the OP still does look odd after seeing how the tires are made.

That back left wheel.....it just doesn't look right at all. hehe no pun intended.

Could it be that the entire mesh got completely "caked" up and fill in with lunar soil?
Because that's what it appears to look like.

But as far as the shadow and the back "right" tire. The close up image posted by enlightened one, and 4 x 4 pretty well explain the reason for that.

Still very interesting thread as I always thought the rover tires were more conventional.

Hey, learn something new everyday

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Nola213]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Oh my..... have to go to bed. I sat down reading another pointless moon anomaly thread ;-) In the hunt for some paranormal brain candy . Laghing inside myself wondering what the anomaly, could be this time, the wheels.. thats a good point, but a bit boring. -The first thing i saw, was the little ant like creature, standing in the wheel. He is in picture #1, just beneath the word "please" in the post. He looks like a little space ant in an egyptian styled fashion show.... Check him out in the top left corner of the picture.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join