It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the love of God, don't post your revolutionary plans on the Internet!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Here on this site, and elsewhere, I've noticed a lot of threads lately (this one being the most recent of them, insinuating that the time of revolution is at hand and we all must rise up, yadda yadda.

Remember the old saying, loose lips sink ships?

We should update that into what you pose in the public domain.... is public!!!

You might get a few people to follow your revolution, but you'll get a lot more attention from the Feds.

Please, keep that in mind. Okay?

Thanks for listening.

EDIT: Here's another example of what i was talking about.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by asmeone2]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
There you go again, ruining good conversation with common sense and practicality

He does make a good point though.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Ah, shame on me, for being the unabashed realist and cynic that I am!

Seriously though. Talk about shooting yourself in the digital foot.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
maybe a closed thread/emailing could be established for people who'd like to participate?
we've done that on sport bike forums to announce rides that didn't draw the L.E.O to attention.

it works very well i might add.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
maybe a closed thread/emailing could be established for people who'd like to participate?
we've done that on sport bike forums to announce rides that didn't draw the L.E.O to attention.

it works very well i might add.

THe best of those can be hacked.

Not to mention, obliterated by an EMP attack.

Word of mouth is your friend.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
we do need a email list or something to keep in touch without worry's i think your right asmeone2 but how would we go about doing that? we could start with one or two people and slowly gain more on this list. oh and if anyone wants to know my e-mail it's in my profile so you can add me to the list. it is about time we start this game!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The revolutionaries are so funny, singing of a revolution........ they don't realise how much hard work politics is. So revolutionaires please feel free to waste your time posting crap. Sad thing is that there are some really committed minds reckoning a song here and a song there is going to save anything (Live Aid type universal stuff aside). I went to an Art Brut gig, and the singer was singing, make a difference, you form a band, you form a band. If everyone creative in the room had followed him, the successful ones would be rock stars and so barred from politics. So revolutionaries, focus on the bit of the revolution that you want, and engage in the debate.......

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The Revolution is in your mind.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
This is true. I made the mistake of being this way when I first got into all of this. Being naive and pissed at the truth really makes you wanna go crack some heads, though!

Bomb bomb bomb bomb. Oops. I will be expecting the Feds busting into my front door any second now.

Seriously... you might do well as to not use the internet at all if you are THAT paranoid about it (not saying you personally are, OP). I mean, quite simply, just by everyday normal internet activity, they probably have extensive psychological profiles on all of us stored away in some supercomputers somewhere. You have to wonder exactly why the powers that be bestowed upon us this grand technology. The enemy being given things that will actually give them an advantage? Ha! It's a good fantasy.

(In case you were confused, the enemy is US! Our sovereignty as individual human beings is the enemy.... and all governments are the enemy of this inherent God given right.)

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I don't think it's common sense at all.

You should encourage anyone with a reasonable plan, to work openly.
The only time when covert subversion is justified is when the last of the freedom is gone and the mere whisper of defiance borders on the suicidal.
We still have enough freedom to shout out, about freedom.

The unreasonable and dangerous people with that little foresight should be encouraged likewise but for completely different reasons.

So others can take steps to protect the rest of us from their unthinking brutality.

Down with the bad, up with the good! Shout it out brothers! Rock on!

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
The Revolution is in your mind.

It's clearly also a matter about reality.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure such things are exactly what "they" want. When you rise up against them, you will be portrayed as the enemy and it just gives them an excuse to slap you down and anyone else they want in the process.

Which is why it's just a bad idea. You aren't going to change anything with the same level of thinking that caused these problems. If you want real change then you have to educate people so they can see for themselves.

Otherwise even if you were successful, it is only a short amount of time before we just do the same thing to ourselves again.

These things aren't happening for no reason. They are happening because we allow them to happen.

You don't rid the world of evil by killing people or the use of force/evil. You simply become the evil yourself and the very thing you were fighting for. Because in the end you are just on the other side of the same coin.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
rofl, you used my thread to illustrate that people shouldn't post their revolution plans on the internet?

Man, I think some eye doctor somewhere is fixin to make a boatload of money on the eyeglasses you need. Them's gonna be thick ones, for sure.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Oh and also, I'd like to say that those going on and on posting about how we should overthrow the government and have violent opposition aren't the ones that concern the eyes and ears. The ones they are concerned about are the ones preaching peace, love, unity, and the power of one. I hope the eyes and ears know that, by being paranoid about things everyone should know anyway, they are being just as naive as the people shouting angrily about revolution.

At this point, the self appointed status quo police (i.e. the brainwashed masses) do just fine handling the real threats, while giving the governments and the hidden hands exactly what they want by being afraid of the naive radicals.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienseeker
we do need a email list or something to keep in touch without worry's i think your right asmeone2 but how would we go about doing that? we could start with one or two people and slowly gain more on this list. oh and if anyone wants to know my e-mail it's in my profile so you can add me to the list. it is about time we start this game!

It's difficult to go about.

As someone further up started, this board and the people posting information are good on the awareness side of it.

But those who put up actual plans, dates, strategies are only harming the general idea.

By making their plans public they are giving themselves to the enemy.

I think the best thing to do is to keep posting and circulating information about the rampant injusticies, then letting it soak in.

When the right time comes to act, we will know in our guts--I would keep a network of like-minded folks around me, but keep any actual plans off the internet or phone lines.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

By no means should we stop using the interned, period.

Just don't advertise your plans there.

Don't do like that Star Wars parody and carry a banner that says "Secret Rebel Invasion, 7PM!"

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
rofl, you used my thread to illustrate that people shouldn't post their revolution plans on the internet?

Man, I think some eye doctor somewhere is fixin to make a boatload of money on the eyeglasses you need. Them's gonna be thick ones, for sure.

I just used it as the example of the most recent one.

Not the only one, or the most offensive, by far.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunwichwitch
Oh and also, I'd like to say that those going on and on posting about how we should overthrow the government and have violent opposition aren't the ones that concern the eyes and ears. The ones they are concerned about are the ones preaching peace, love, unity, and the power of one. I hope the eyes and ears know that, by being paranoid about things everyone should know anyway, they are being just as naive as the people shouting angrily about revolution.

At this point, the self appointed status quo police (i.e. the brainwashed masses) do just fine handling the real threats, while giving the governments and the hidden hands exactly what they want by being afraid of the naive radicals.

I think it's a little bit of both.

Peaceful people don't shoot bullets.

Some problems can only end with led.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Basically, what sums it up is that the true "all seeing eye" of the Illuminati or whatever you want to call it thrives on all the radical revolutionaries, because they are the easiest to sway. These revolutionaries are speaking and acting mostly out of passion, and while passion is a good thing in moderation with knowledge, most of these angry radicals only have the most superficial of understanding of just how deep the rabbit hole really goes. They don't understand some higher "spiritual" concepts underlying action and thought, and therefore they cannot comprehend just how much these people WANT you to strike at them with anger and hatred.

The illusion of freedom rests upon how perverted the majority of the population's thoughtstream has become. There is true individuality and uniqueness, and then there is calculated consumer-based individuality and uniqueness. While the former is very healthy and still takes in consideration the state of people and things around them, the latter is a competitive, fear-based, and purely selfish thought process. This is what the Corporate Fascist World depends on, and as you can see, fear-based opposition can easily be manipulated in their favor. Fear is fear, whether you call it anger, hate, dictatorship, violence, jealousy, megalomaniacism, control.... it all blends together and accomplishes the same goal in the end.

The internet will only become a threat when people finally decide to abandon orchestrated fear-based chaos in favor of the random beauty of being, and start "organizing" (maybe a better phrase to use is "organic coalescence") on a scale rivaling all of the other fear-based movements that rely more on organization and mobilization, rather than simple mass acknowledgment of similar ideals.

What did I just say? I think whatever it was that I just said might sound somewhat cognizant, hopefully.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by dunwichwitch]

[edit on 21-8-2008 by dunwichwitch]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Well, I for one think that those inclined to post their revolutionary plans on the internet SHOULD post them on the internet.

Here is why;

Revolutions are messy businesses. Typically, lots of death, disorder, inconvenience and they are also quite expensive to clean up after.

This is regardless whether or not said revolution is successful.

An UN-successful revolution is all of the above AND it tends to make the group rebelled against take sometimes pretty harsh measures against not only the revolutionaries, but also all the "innocent bystanders" by not only making them pay for the mess, but also by taking away the freedoms that they may have enjoyed prior to the revolution.

If someone is inclined to start a revolution by posting their plans on the internet, they are not only revolutionaries, they are foolish ones.

Foolish revolutionaries have a lower chance of winning any revolution they may start. (Particularly if they are posting their plans on said internet) And so all of the above expenses would be incurred with no benefit in the form of whatever positive change the revolutionaries may have been hoping to implement.

Therefore, it is better for them to post online, so that the revolution can be preempted before loss of life, loss of freedom, and lots of disorder and expense are incurred.

Post away guys.

Edit to add detail and change a word that was a bit too inflammatory to a more moderate term.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join