It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Hacker Uncovers Proof Chinese Gymnast Is Underage

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by West Coast

The arguments you present are not valid. My argument, which I maintain, is China put on a circus act, in hopes people watching (the world) would think China is something that China is not.

The opening ceremony is just a BIG SHOW, that's all it is. It is not reality TV and it is not a documentary. It is simply a presentation.

Which China in return uses to devalue its own currency, which in turn creates an artificial trade deficit with America.

I do not entirely disagree with what you said, but do you realise how broke America is? How and where do you think your government came up with 410 million dollars/day war spending?

As a percentage of GDP, the US debt to China is 6%. That hardly is a devastating number.

it is not? Please add another 2 trillion dollars on top of China's 500billion dollars then tell me what the % is?

[edit on 22-8-2008 by sirmojo]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

Originally posted by Goradd
EVERYONE around the World knows these girls are underage

Only the Americans and their sour grapes keep on brining this issue up. Their letter to the IOC was the thing that prompted this informal investigation. Other countries accepted the result because they knew China is right including the IGF and the IOC which are the ones which matter, not the usual whinning Americans

We don't seem to concur with the Americans here in Australia. Just know the Americans have been a bad sport and that's what we call them when they start bombarding the Aussie judge with hate emails.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirmojo
We don't seem to concur with the Americans here in Australia. Just know the Americans have been a bad sport and that's what we call them when they start bombarding the Aussie judge with hate emails.

Apprantly death threats as well. Valeri Liukin accuses the aussies of having a Vendetta against her girl dating back to 2005

Amid the uncertainty and confusion over a complex tiebreak system that few initially understood, Valeri Liukin then accused Australian judges of "consistently" thwarting his daughter's title chances. It is a grievance dating back to 2005 and also aired at last year's world championships in Stuttgart, when Nastia was denied the bars title by just 0.050 while Australian Jill Wright was on the judging panel.

"Gymnastics Australia has full confidence in our judge," Allen said. "She judged what she saw and she believes that the gymnasts were ranked correctly. This is not the first time that Valeri Liukin has targeted Australian judges, and he obviously looks at the judge who has not given the result he wants for his daughter.

www.smh.com.au...

Anyhow, This talk of cheating is absurd, the Americans are the ones with the most medals. The medals they win they say its fair and even, the ones they dont win they moan and whine.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirmojo
I do not entirely disagree with what you said, but do you realise how broke America is?
How and where do you think your government came up with 410 million dollars/day war spending?

Do you realize how rich America is? 27.5% of the worlds GDP rest in the United States. Do you realize, that by debt to GDP ratio, the US is better off than many other industrialized first world nations? Japan, the second richest nation in nominal GDP is worse off than the United States in those same regards.

it is not? Please add another 2 trillion dollars on top of China's 500billion dollars then tell me what the % is?

You do realize the entire US economy is over $14 trillion in nominal GDP? 2.5, while it may seem like a lot, really is not.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I'm sorry but the Most coveted Medal is NOT the Team Gold.

Sums my point up nicely.

So this was the one that America wanted, and the team gymnastics event was more important than the individual because it was a stronger expression of national strength. And when we add to that the fact that China had won the women’s team event at the 2006 World Championships with the US placed second, and that those positions had been reversed the following year, the perception of the rivalry grew.

Link

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

if you you that Excuse then we should say the same for Kexin who also Fell during qualification on the Uneven bars..so then sge didn't deserve to win the Gold on Uneven Bars.

What are you refering to?. I have no idea what you were refering to with this reply?. I was talking about the team qualifications.

Anyhow, it came to the Australian judge and the other judges who agreed that Liukin had the inferior performance. She might have pulled off the landing but before she got their her legs were all over the place which incurs the same deduction of 0.3 as a bad landing

you had said Liukin Fell and didn't deserve the all-around medal..u never mentioned in qualifications and i was just pointing it out that she never fell in the All-Around final so your comment is irrelevant...

anyway it doesn't matter the Uneven bars finals will always have this controversy around it and in years to come noone will remember who won Gold on the Uneven Bars but they WILL remeber who won the whole Shibang! Go Nastis!

WHOOHOO!!!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

anyway it doesn't matter the Uneven bars finals will always have this controversy around it and in years to come noone will remember who won Gold on the Uneven Bars

Gymnastics always seems to have these problems. Remember Athens and the geek gymnast?. That was one of the reasons the rules were changed. Anyhow I think He will remember her gold. Very speical when you win two gold at a olympics

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Gymnastics always seems to have these problems. Remember Athens and the geek gymnast?. That was one of the reasons the rules were changed. Anyhow I think He will remember her gold. Very speical when you win two gold at a olympics

there was a geek gymnast?...i do remember the romanian who lost the Gold the same way on floor with a tie breaker.....

At least Nastia got 5 medals....in a way tend to like to see other countries win because it makes their lives better...but in this case its different because scores were inflated and they weren't the right age.....

did u see how chung fe wabbled ALL over the Place on beam and STILL got a 15.9.....even with the mistake i would have liked to see anna pavlova on the medal stand.....

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

there was a geek gymnast?.

I mean a greek gymnast. She recieved bronze

but in this case its different because scores were inflated and they weren't the right age.

Thats your opinion. But the opinion of the IOC is what really matters and they it their tick of approval so thats the final word of it. Anyhow I cant believe how out of hand this got, two internet pages which suggested 13 and 14 years old and it made front line news. Anyhow with the judges reciveing all possible forms of legal documents stating she is 16, i hope this puts it to rest

did u see how chung fe wabbled ALL over the Place on beam and STILL got a 15.9.....even with the mistake i would have liked to see anna pavlova on the medal stand.....

You dont get penalised hardshly for wobbles. Pavlova deserved a mean on the vault but definately not on the beam. After her fall she had no confidence left and made even more clumsy placement errors as I remember it

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
The IOC still hasn't come to a decision....but i think chima will get away with it...they don't want to tarnish these Games eventhough China DID cheat!

All those documents are Shames and they are taking long to cover up their mistakes...Oh yes we are going to believe these documents because we got them from China....PLEASE...haha

"oh the offical regristy just got kexins date of birth wrong, it was never 1994"...haha

but thats how it is.....

We all know who really WON!!!!

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Goradd]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

All those documents are Shames and they are taking long to cover up their mistakes...Oh yes we are going to believe these documents because we got them from China....PLEASE...haha

So who should we believe?. The Americans? hah, now that is a joke. Seriously China has provided more than enough edvidence that she is indeed 16 and the only lingering doubts are made by a few webpage lists. Hardly the edvidence that the IOC was look for. The investigation according to the IOC is already mute. Just read the articles I posted

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goraddthey don't want to tarnish these Games eventhough China DID cheat!

If your going to make stupid accusations then Micheal phelps is a drug cheat, the Americans payed off the judges and won more medals than China did. etc etc. China won those competitions because Chinese gymnast were OBVIOUSLY better while America fielded a weak team who choked under pressure. These olympics will be forever known as the ones which begun the Chinese dominance of the olympic games

"oh the offical regristy just got kexins date of birth wrong, it was never 1994".

The offical registery?. Those web pages didn't represent anything offical

[edit on 23-8-2008 by chinawhite]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
first off I DON'T like Michael Phelps.....he should be Drug tested...and like i said before all those documents are made UP! eben the Chinese media said she was 14..haha

the Chinese women are CHEATS in Gymnastics even the judges...chung Fe too...and the fir who placed 5th eventhough she landed on her side..COME ON

like i said WE ALL know the Truth and their "GOLD" has already been tarnished.....even if they keep their medals i'm glad this got so much publicity so now people can know what really went on!

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   

first off I DON'T like Michael Phelps..

That is 8 medals off then. I knew I would find an American who believed the truth

the Chinese women are CHEATS in Gymnastics even the judges...chung Fe too

So the Americans should get their medals taken off as well if the judges apprantly cheated. Why dont we hand all the medals back to the other countries seeing how the judges arent capable of giving proper decisions. Lets not stop there, the Americans paid off the other teams in softball, volleyball, basketball to play easy so they could win. They also made that discus easier to throw and thus winning the gold. The olympics is all a shame where the richest countries buy gold medals, yeah that is how they are run. The biggest cheats are always first, thats the Americans so they cheated the most, glad you came to that conclusion

[edit on 23-8-2008 by chinawhite]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
the American's aren't Cheats....the Chinese payed off the judges...most of the medals the chinese get are from judges who GIVE Points....maybe except in table tennis..hahah

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   

the American's aren't Cheats...

So now Americans cannot cheat?

How do you know they didn't pay off the other athletes or officals?. How do you know they are drug free?. Americans are known to do that type of thing, its not like its something not in their nature to do. Give them some hush money so America can stay on top *wink wink* .

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

.most of the medals the chinese get are from judges who GIVE Points...

So now China also paid off the judges at other events before the olympics which China won aswell?. Maybe the devaluation of the American dollar had something to do with the poor performance of American athletes

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Well thank the almighty that the Olympics are almost finished, anyway.

Freedom of speech - fail (so much for the 'protest parks' - two old grandmothers face a gulag and 're-education' if they make any more trouble)

Media freedom - fail (did you see the BBC reporter get locked up? Or the 'press conference' that they eventually cancelled having after the first week? Pathetic)

Festive feeling to the whole thing - fail (the dial-a-crowds just didn't do it for me)

What's more, every time a sports presenter has been on TV, you can't make out what the heck is behind them because the pollution (don't try to tell me it's a 'fog' or 'swamp gas') is too thick to see anything through.

I flipped the TV on to the Olympics to see what was on at the time - two Chinese athletes playing ping pong against each other.

Thrilling.

I know chinawhite is itching with jittery fingers to say how wrong I am, but I'm already an apathetic person when it comes to the Olympics, and I still think these ones were especially lame.

[edit on 23-8-2008 by mattguy404]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
LOL...yes chinawhite seems to defend China to no end....and athletes have to go through testing so YES the Americans didn't CHEAT!...plus there isn't documents and rosters laying around saying the athletes used enhancers...so there u are WRONG China....

China needs to play fair....oh wait...it's China!

Poor performance? Who has five medals and the Most Coveted Gold Medal and the Queen of Gymnastics...thats right an American!..hah

[edit on 23-8-2008 by Goradd]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Just wonder why 2 rules exists in Olympic Game

www.canberratimes.com.au...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join