It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Hacker Uncovers Proof Chinese Gymnast Is Underage

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirmojo
Far out!!! Why do you Americans always choose to ignore facts that work against your accusations? It's like, you choose to filter out most of the information provided and only choose to believe what you wanted to believe in. Do I have to bring up Iraq to proof a point?

Also... what's with the hate emails sent to the Aussie judge? Oh she's not an American so she must be bias towards Americans? Learn this simple fact my American friends, not everyone has to give in to your demands and not everyone has to side with you.

There have been several known athletes in the past who have lied about their age. None of them happen to be Americans.

If you want to talk politics - yeah - I'll agree - today's American politics is a disgrace.

But overall - most Americans as individuals stand by and believe what the country was built on. Attack the government - not the people.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
It is very common for adult women to do this. To list their age at some ridiculous number.

????.

She didn't write the profile, NBC wrote the profile. And the point of changing ages is to make them look YOUNGER NOT OLDER about 60 years older!!!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

It is very common for adult women to do this. To list their age at some ridiculous number.

????.

She didn't write the profile, NBC wrote the profile. And the point of changing ages is to make them look YOUNGER NOT OLDER about 60 years older!!!!!

Don't care who wrote it. I'm a professional woman - - and this is very common.

Did I say a "ridiculous" number? Yep - that is what I said. In other words the message is None of Your Business.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
First it was the little girl lip singing, taking full credit for a voice she most certainly did not have, then it was the fake, all be it, fantastic, eye-popping fire work display that left everyone in total awe. Now allegations that China knowingly used underage gymnasts to garner and unfair advantage, while simultaneously showing us "the birth of the mighty superpower China."

What china has proven, is that, it is a superficial superpower. It looks good on the outside, by once one digs in a bit deeper, you find a third world country that is way in over its head.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

In other words the message is None of Your Business.

No, Its a mistake of the system which gave her the first date of the past century as her birth date because she was not important enough for her details to be filled properly. It has nothing to do with "in the business"

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Of Course China is going to supply OLD documents and Birth certificates and documentation..this is the Same Government who provided New False Passports and took down web pages and changed the birth dates on articles...

too bad for the chinese athletes that their gold Medals will be tainted Forever!!!!

i'm just Glad that the most important and most coveted Gold Medal in all of Gymnastics was Won by Nastia Liukin she is a beautiful gymnast who plays by the Rules and earns her scores

i do believe that the IOC waited to start an investigation until Liukin was safely in the United States

Go USA!...hah

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by West Coast
First it was the little girl lip singing, taking full credit for a voice she most certainly did not have, then it was the fake, all be it, fantastic, eye-popping fire work display that left everyone in total awe. Now allegations that China knowingly used underage gymnasts to garner and unfair advantage, while simultaneously showing us "the birth of the mighty superpower China."

The little girl isn't complaining so it's really none of your business to step in and be a hero to criticise. As for the fireworks, it's TELEVISION!! Tell me you never believe in everything you watch on T.V? Oh wait, Bigfoot must be real it was on TV the night before. No... the people are going to commit suicide now because they have found out Bigfoot isn't real and fireworks are fake. Americans will have the highest suicide rate if this was to be the case, coz of the fabricated news they watch on Fox and CNN everyday.

What china has proven, is that, it is a superficial superpower. It looks good on the outside, by once one digs in a bit deeper, you find a third world country that is way in over its head.

Your country owes this "third world country" 502 billion dollars in debt. If America is so good and mighty, why does it owe a total of 2.6 trillion dollars in debt?

[edit on 22-8-2008 by sirmojo]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goradd
Of Course China is going to supply OLD documents and Birth certificates and documentation..this is the Same Government who provided New False Passports and took down web pages and changed the birth dates on articles...

What gives you the right to call them false? Do you have any hard evidence to suggest so? You simply "claim" they are false and we have to take your words for it?

too bad for the chinese athletes that their gold Medals will be tainted Forever!!!!

i'm just Glad that the most important and most coveted Gold Medal in all of Gymnastics was Won by Nastia Liukin she is a beautiful gymnast who plays by the Rules and earns her scores

i do believe that the IOC waited to start an investigation until Liukin was safely in the United States

Go USA!...hah

Again... you only believe in what you wanted to believe in. So tell me, what proof is enough? How about, they fly Kexin to America and then conduct tests and experiments on her to verify her age?

[edit on 22-8-2008 by sirmojo]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sirmojo

I think that idea about flying Kexin to the USA is good...all they need to do is go to a dentist and they would be able to tell...!!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Of Course China is going to supply OLD documents and Birth certificates and documentation.

She has been to previous meets so there is definately a stamp issued by other countries on the passport which would make it clear that it is a genuine old passport. The IOC sees it that way so I'll take their word for it

What else can they do?????. Like China will go to all this effort when Chin trained hundreds or even thousands more gymnast specifcally for the beijing games. Why would they go to all the trouble to issue a passport 5 years ago to a unkown

i'm just Glad that the most important and most coveted Gold Medal in all of Gymnastics

The most coveted medal is the team gold which China won by LARGE margins after the Americans fell twice.

Go Team China 46 Gold

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

reply to post by sirmojo

I think that idea about flying Kexin to the USA is good...all they need to do is go to a dentist and they would be able to tell...!!!!

Then how do we know you aren't going to sabotage the test results? I mean, if you can accuse the Chinese for presenting false documents then we can also claim the results have been tempered with.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by chinawhite

I'm sorry but the Most coveted Medal is NOT the Team Gold..Every Gymnast in the WORLD Dreams of Winning the All-Around it is all their GOAL...only a select Few get to accomplish this!....thats why the All- Around Winner is called the "Queen of Gymnastics"!!!

And YES china would go That FAR to falsify documents to make their Chances Better at Winning when the Games are IN China....

i Just think its funny that they had to Cheat in order to Win!

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

reply to post by chinawhite

I'm sorry but the Most coveted Medal is NOT the Team Gold..Every Gymnast in the WORLD Dreams of Winning the All-Around it is all their GOAL...only a select Few get to accomplish this!....thats why the All- Around Winner is called the "Queen of Gymnastics"!!!

And YES china would go That FAR to falsify documents to make their Chances Better at Winning when the Games are IN China....

Talk about falsifying documents and evidence... the American government is expert at it and it doesn't have to be in US of A. Go figure.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sirmojo

I'm not going to be the doctor so i can't mess with the results...China is going to Keep their secret anyway...EVERYONE around the World knows these girls are underage...so it has taken all the glory away from them...

so even though they will probably get away with it...there will Always be an * by their medals.....

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

America won more womens gymnastics medals than China. Is there a excuse?. If China cheated why did they lose the medal count??. Sounds like America cheated rather than China. Doesn't the cheat normally finish HIGHER?

.Funny thing though, Marion Jones was never caught doping and the persistant rumours about Phelps and doping, his close finishes say something else.

Its your opinion about the individual, although you seem to know next to nothing about the gymnastics competition I highly doubt that assertion. Anyhow, Lukin didn't deserve the all-round with her fall in that events. Very suspicious judging if we think about it

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirmojo
The little girl isn't complaining so it's really none of your business to step in and be a hero to criticise.

That is a pathetically weak argument.

As for the fireworks, it's TELEVISION!! Tell me you never believe in everything you watch on T.V? Oh wait, Bigfoot must be real it was on TV the night before. No... the people are going to commit suicide now because they have found out Bigfoot isn't real and fireworks are fake. Americans will have the highest suicide rate if this was to be the case, coz of the fabricated news they watch on Fox and CNN everyday.

The arguments you present are not valid. My argument, which I maintain, is China put on a circus act, in hopes people watching (the world) would think China is something that China is not.

Your country owes this "third world country" 502 billion dollars in debt.

Which China in return uses to devalue its own currency, which in turn creates an artificial trade deficit with America.

If America is so good and mighty, why does it owe a total of 2.6 trillion dollars in debt?

As a percentage of GDP, the US debt to China is 6%. That hardly is a devastating number.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by West Coast]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

And YES china would go That FAR

So you're the judge now? Everyone is innocent until proven guilty or have you decided to prejudge?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

EVERYONE around the World knows these girls are underage

Only the Americans and their sour grapes keep on brining this issue up. Their letter to the IOC was the thing that prompted this informal investigation. Other countries accepted the result because they knew China is right including the IGF and the IOC which are the ones which matter, not the usual whinning Americans

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

America won more womens gymnastics medals than China. Is there a excuse?. If China cheated why did they lose the medal count??. Sounds like America cheated rather than China. Doesn't the cheat normally finish HIGHER?

.Funny thing though, Marion Jones was never caught doping and the persistant rumours about Phelps and doping, his close finishes say something else.

Its your opinion about the individual, although you seem to know next to nothing about the gymnastics competition I highly doubt that assertion. Anyhow, Lukin didn't deserve the all-round with her fall in that events. Very suspicious judging if we think about it

Fall on what event?...during the All-Around Liukin didn't fall on anything....the only Fall she had was on the Team qualification on uneven bars but with her A score being 17.7 he routine was so difficult that it still qialified her for the All-Around!!!

if you you that Excuse then we should say the same for Kexin who also Fell during qualification on the Uneven bars..so then sge didn't deserve to win the Gold on Uneven Bars..

Oh yea and did i mention that liukin got the highest score in Team competition on the Uneven bars with a 16.9....and yes i DO know gymnastics!

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

if you you that Excuse then we should say the same for Kexin who also Fell during qualification on the Uneven bars..so then sge didn't deserve to win the Gold on Uneven Bars.

What are you refering to?. I have no idea what you were refering to with this reply?. I was talking about the team qualifications.

Anyhow, it came to the Australian judge and the other judges who agreed that Liukin had the inferior performance. She might have pulled off the landing but before she got their her legs were all over the place which incurs the same deduction of 0.3 as a bad landing

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join