It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is pedophilia a sexuality?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Only a sick twisted twit would think so. Peddy is a high crime with warranted heavy sanctions.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Since we don't have thought police here in the U.S. (yet), that's not true. Acting on pedophilic urges is a crime with well-warranted heavy punishment. Having a pedophilic thought is not a crime.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
If one 'thinks' about mortally wounding psychologically a tot for personal pleasure I would get thee to a psychiatrist, priest, or the nearest hanging tree.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I'd say it's more of a mental sickness than a sexual preference.

If it's two consenting adults, anything goes, and have fun.

If it's an adult and a child, I don't think there's anything morally, ethically, physically, or anything close to right there.

Out of the two, would a murderer be considered to be more "right" than a pedophile? At least a murder vicetm, (normally), won't have to suffer in mental anguish over the violation for years.

Maybe I didn't word the last right, but you get the gist.

[edit on 15-9-2008 by metallion]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

And this is the point of the OP: given how pedophilia is treated in our society, how likely is it that someone who has such thoughts will feel comfortable raising the issue with a psychiatrist or priest? And how many shrinks or priests would have the tools to help someone like that not act on the thoughts?

Does the demonization not perhaps feed into the sense of being misunderstood and/or special that could help rationalize action in the mind of the perpetrator? I have no idea whether or not pedophiles could "recover" in the sense that alcoholics or addicts can -- i.e. practice abstinence and get relief from the compulsion to drink or use. But I think we owe it to all potential victims to try and find a way to identify pedophiles before they act out.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
and there we have a difference of opinion

um,it is a tricky one though,because a healthy sexual relationship is all about consent,and as kids are unable to give consent,does that stop it from being a sexuality? Peadophiles are attracted to kids,if it is some malfunction of the brain,does it make it a desease? And if it is a desease,does that make it treatable? (other than by a lethal injection of fire to the head)

[edit on 21/8/2008 by Acidtastic]

I would have to say no it would not be considered a sexuality as far as I can tell it's twisted mental people that can't get anywhere with someone of consenting age so it's easier for them to prey on the ones that don't know any better and are easier manipulated to say nothing because again they don't know any better.

It is also MY OPINION that these and rapists should go the castration route so this crap will not be repeated when said offender gets released from prison. Some might consider this harsh but I feel that's just Justice.

I apologize if I have offended anyone as it has been a rough day and seem to feel opinionated.

[edit on 16-9-2008 by Aleksander]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
The problem is these people are deeply character flawed. Demonized by there ghastly predispositions to offend.

A good talking too with the shrink and a lollypop out the door is fallacy.

That is why they have several levels of sexual predator in the books.

Rehabilitation of these individuals is of very low percentage.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

I agree with many points you make, but you have to understand research has been done and so far while it has been discovered pedophiles can be taught to control their impulses there is no “curing” these individuals. They ended up like the rest of us with a sexuality they did not choose, one that can not be changed. They can either play it straight, gay, or bi so they do not have to live alone with out a sexual life partner or they can be “A” sexual basically outside of their own self-pleasuring and fantasies. That’s just the way the cookie crumbles.

And I agree it must be a miserable existents and I don’t see why we are taught in society to make it that much more horrible for those who do not even offend. Most people now a day don’t even understand the definition of a pedophile and even call people attracted to teens “pedos”.

Imagine though, being attracted to a child you care for and being driven to harm that child in the worst of ways, and then loosing that kind of sexual attraction and connections you or me might feel for another adult once that child is grown. Even if sex with children was not harmful (which it most certainly is), a pedophile that does not have an inclining of attraction for anyone but children would not stay physically attracted to whomever they are attracted to and having sexual experiences with, eventually that person would grow up. It is a really disturbing, lonely existence when you think about it.

[edit on 16-9-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by kacou

Pedophilia can not be compare to them as the main objective of the pedophile is to exercise a sexual life style

Being a Pedophile is defined by having an attraction to children, not by acting on that attraction.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
If one 'thinks' about mortally wounding psychologically a tot for personal pleasure I would get thee to a psychiatrist, priest, or the nearest hanging tree.

You must have a very innocent mind to be throwing that logic around. If the thought police existed we’d all be in hand cuffs.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Oh c'mon rapin.

Do you mean to tell me you look at a five year old and think to yourself, ya I'd like to give that a spin around the block.

And not tell me that is deviant?!

Please.

What other horror lurk behind those gilded eyes?

[edit on 9/16/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
yep, its a sexual orientation. Actually, a good percentage of "alternative" sexual orientations exhibit more than one deviant tendencies.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Put me on a jury of some child molester. Please. Justice will be swift and with fury.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

ADB, I wish I could give you all the points I've gained from this thread, as you back up my sentiment better than I did.

There's basic flaws in argument with almost anyone who does not agree that there is a HUGE grey area on this.

So it comes to this, all pedophiles hand themselves in and get shot between the eyes OR we fund trials of medicines and therapies that may eventually cure or handle the urges these people face. Yes I said face, not have. I still have the notion that these people aren't evil by choice.

So who is actually against the further study and understanding of this illness so that e may one day be able to treat it? The same people who think homosexuality is a choice, i'd assume.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
There IS no grey area! You touch a kid inappropriately you will be lucky if the law gets to you before the father does.

If you feel you have any predisposition to such behaviour I would seek immediate counseling.

You are ill.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

So basically, instead of assuming criminal intent, why can't we feel bad for these people with this awful disease? Do we lack all compassion? I feel bad enough for what my gay friends must go through on a regular basis

Your gay friends don't directly affect anyone but themselves their partners, friends and familys. Pedophiles ruin lives and kill people directly by their actions.

That seems like a clear distinction to me! Why the compassion??

Also, how is the syndrom preventable when the perps go to all extremes to hide their problem? Why would they cooperate with someone who wants to "help" them??

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Oh c'mon rapin.

Do you mean to tell me you look at a five year old and think to yourself, ya I'd like to give that a spin around the block.

And not tell me that is deviant?!

Please.

What other horror lurk behind those gilded eyes?

I’m just pointing out the obvious; we are all flawed and probably demented a little in someone else’s eyes. Pedophilia is a depressing and complicated issue. It touches the lives of many. I’m drawn to it because it has affected lives of the people I love, male and female, so I am compelled to understand why such horrible things happen in this world to innocent children. It doesn’t make the circumstance less horrifying but it does help put the issue into a wider perspective that helps one cope with the darkness in this world.

Many pedophiles who abuse children in the worst way were abused themselves. Does that make their actions any less horrible or their desires natural? Hell no, in fact it is the exact opposite. However I think with out considering what drives these people to act on the sickest of desires, dark desires that most people in this world harbor that may have nothing to even do with children or sex in general, is unfairly assessing the situation.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Put me on a jury of some child molester. Please. Justice will be swift and with fury.

I hope the evidence supports this person being a molester, or do you just plan on throwing anyone accused of anything in jail if the crime they’ve committed is causes such disdain in you? Honestly I’d never want you on a jury, I make a post replying to you about thought police and you basically imply I am a pedophile or something of that nature and something is deeply wrong with me for having an opposing opinion on this issue. You and people like you are a serious problem when it comes to addressing social issues and pedophilia.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The overriding question IMHO is what do you do with the offenders? Rebailitation does not really work in these cases and many are repeat offenders. Meghans law computers help to an extend, but as a society and as a parent what is the solution to those who act on thier feelings?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
rapin. You are one twisted sister girl. Let's say you have a child of your own. Some creepoid rapes and mangles it. You would not feel the sheer desire to extend justice at all cost?

You really creep me out.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join