It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the CERN accelerator already altered time?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Part of this has been discussed on other threads here at ATS. However I have not come across the correlation between the event that happened with the particle accelerator located at UTA Texas and remembered time. Even after using Google to search for the event, so far no success.

Between the years 1999 and 2001 and event occurred at ATM where the collision of a particle was recorded prior to the event happening. In other words the event jumped time. The jump was backward in time thus allowing us to view a future event.

With the time jump, did it in fact alter time as we perceive it or did it alter the more distant past also? One thread relating to the altered time line dealt with celebrities and the dates of death. One clear example of this, for me, occurred in 2006 when a friend asked me when did Karen Carpenter die? I told them that she passed away in 1973 of anorexia nervosa. A couple days later my friend informed me the date was 1983 or 10 years later than the date I remembered. However, I clearly remember hearing the news on the radio and reading it in the news paper. At the time I was living in Santiago California and in 1983 Miami, so there is no way of confusing the two locations. There are other events that are different than remembered and one witnessed by myself and several other people.

Another point to ponder is; has the Hadron accelerator already altered time and we just do not know it? CERN will collide particles with the Hadron accelerator at an even higher energy level than UTA's and UTA's has been proven to jump time. Could science and the government be covering up the alteration in time caused by the Hadron accelerator?

Has anyone else noticed the differences in remembered events and as they are recorded today?

I am sorry that I do not have any of the articles relating to the time jump that occurred at UTA. If anyone has them please provide a link.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

i dunno about posting in another CERN thread, but i'll bite once. IMO CERN is not a cause but a symptom. I've talked to many older people who hae sensed altered time events and timeline difference many years before CERN, and if time travel is ever going to be possibe (or already is) then it naturally could not affect or go to any event before it was created...that's just how i see it, how would it be possible? Also, you'll probably find that no one will comment much about the pre-recorded event you spoke of without any link...sucks i know, but also makes sense. Anyway, well wishes!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I remember her dying in about 83 ish so it would seem that these "time slips" only affect certain people? Theres another thread on here somewhere about the shuttle disaster and that posters thoughts that time had changed for him.

Would it be possible for these events to affect only individuals or would any sort of changes affect the whole of this reality

Or without being offensive, is it just that you are very confused ?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by expatwhite
I remember her dying in about 83 ish so it would seem that these "time slips" only affect certain people? Theres another thread on here somewhere about the shuttle disaster and that posters thoughts that time had changed for him.

Would it be possible for these events to affect only individuals or would any sort of changes affect the whole of this reality

Wow...ur thinking is so different than the track i was on...u have gave me lot's of ideas to ponder..thanks...i'll have to think hard about this.
but:if i am very confused...then a lot of people are as well; and confused on the same topic. but totally possible.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
The only thing I have noticed is how quick time seems to fly by anymore. Then again I am known for having a very skewed sense of time. Maybe not what time it is, but the days of the week. For example I thought all day yesterday it was friday, it *felt* like friday to me.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xilvius
The only thing I have noticed is how quick time seems to fly by anymore. Then again I am known for having a very skewed sense of time. Maybe not what time it is, but the days of the week. For example I thought all day yesterday it was friday, it *felt* like friday to me.

me too! a "day" actually seems like about 16 hours to me, if that makes sense. like time slips now and then. I haven't needed near as much sleep these last few weeks, actuall about a month and a half. i get around 3 hours and i feel fine.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
That is an excellent question. I am most curious as to the latest night in day, day in night threads. Coincedence?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enigma Publius

Wow...ur thinking is so different than the track i was on...u have gave me lot's of ideas to ponder..thanks...i'll have to think hard about this.
but:if i am very confused...then a lot of people are as well; and confused on the same topic. but totally possible.

Thanks for not taking it the wrong way

Maybe we could sort of do a poll, find out which posters definatley remember events happening different times, ie Karen Carpenters sad passing. A few years is understandable but if you and a few others are a decade out to what i remember then maybe something has happened! If we find out who remembers things differently then maybe we will see a pattern emerge maybe based on age, location or whatever and we could then look for a likely cause that would affect localised groups ?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enigma Publius

Thanks for not taking it the wrong way

Maybe we could sort of do a poll, find out which posters definatley remember events happening different times, ie Karen Carpenters sad passing. A few years is understandable but if you and a few others are a decade out to what i remember then maybe something has happened! If we find out who remembers things differently then maybe we will see a pattern emerge maybe based on age, location or whatever and we could then look for a likely cause that would affect localised groups ?

someone else thought it would be a good idea and i agree, but i think he had trouble with the poll because of T&C. here's the thread...his post about the poll is towards the end. and i'd never take something the wrong way, so u needn't ever wory about that from me. communication is input and feedback, it's what separates us from the rest of the animals, and it is the only thing that will bring us together.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I personally don't think time travel within your own universe is possible, and I'll try to explain my theory in the next couple of paragraphs. It's highly speculative, but its something I've thought about before and enjoy thinking about. It's exercises my imagination, and I think offers some interesting and far-fetched solutions to paradoxes. Any criticisms and skepticism is welcome, of course. I don't hold these ideas to be wholly my own as my thoughts are influenced by things I read and hear, so if you notice similarities between my thoughts and someone else, I would enjoy it if you posted them so I could compare.

Think of it this way: Whenever you time travel, wherever you end up will not be the same universe that you started in. If you go back in time and kill your grandfather before your father is born, this creates a paradox, which shouldn't be possible, in my opinion. However, if you time travel and enter a parallel universe and kill your grandfather, then you didn't really change anything in the universe you came from, only the one that you entered. This would be the same for both forward time travel and backward. The law of conservation says that you can't add/remove energy to/from a closed/isolated system. This is why time travel in the same time line to the future wouldn't work because you would exist twice at the same moment (even if you're dead because all your atoms will still exist in one form or another), which breaks a law of physics that hasn't been disproved.

However, I think to perhaps make more sense of time travel and conservation of energy, you need to change your view of the universe a bit. What if our universe isn't the only member of the closed system. I think perhaps that all parallel universes are a member of the same system, that way when you time travel to them it's more like leaving one planet and going to another that looks very similar, but isn't exactly the same. Rather than simply disappearing from the present and going to a different time on the same planet, you're traversing through universes. Perhaps "time travel" is a bit of a misnomer then?

There also are some other issues. Since all universes would be within one closed system, I think it would be safe to assume that they must all follow the same laws of physics. However, this does not mean all universes proceed equally. Maybe in one universe a single atom is moved to the right instead of the left at the Big Bang. Fast forward to when the planet Earth finally starts evolving life. Maybe life wouldn't evolve because of the chain reaction that one little atom shift caused? Maybe the event that wiped out a lot of life in a Mass Extinction 65.5 million years ago on Earth wouldn't have happened and instead dinosaurs (or whatever evolution would naturally move them to change in to) rule the planet? Maybe the only difference the the location of a single molecule of coffee in a cup on someones office in Paris, France?

I guess my point of the last paragraph is that we'd need some sort of device to know how similar one universe is to the other before traveling through time willy-nilly, especially if we're going to use calculations from them. Think about if we traveled back to when life was just starting on Earth from the "primordial ooze", as some people like to call it. We take measurements of it, study it, and take that information back with us. We then try to replicate the same process in labs. What if that life in that other universe wasn't us, even if it was on Earth? Somehow a different strain of life overcame and destroyed what would become us before we ever had a chance, and now we've just duplicated it, unwittingly, in a lab. Obviously this different form of life wouldn't evolve over night in to whatever it would be come X millions of years later, but it could definitely have a huge effect on us as a virus or disease because our bodies are unfamiliar with it.

Anyway, just some things I've thought of before.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by OnionCloud]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I dont think we can alter the time of the entire universe with the LHC and anyway regarding the rememberance factor, the things that you recollect regularly is clearly recorded in the mind and the correct information can be got, but since the time gap is large and there is a rare chance that you might have recollected the exact year over the years, thats all, simple answer.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Well i like to believe that masons and Dr who themes in shows are linked ideologicly at the leasst. IF you have seen it, remember the last episode with the paradox machine? Thats what perhaps might be possible, the satan metaphore could relate to this, a beastly man who dominates through bending universal intent to his will?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xilvius

I got home yesterday and kicked off my shoes. I looked over at my wife and said "Im sure glad its friday. This week was brutal" She looked at me like i was joking and said, "its tuesday, dummy".

strange.....

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

I think i remember this, i thought it was in Australia though? im probably totally wrong about the location so ignore that if i am.

From what i remember, the Particle was seen to have left the gun before it had been fired, only by something like 1bilianth of a second, but enough to register, im not sure what happened after that? does anyone know?

Also

i was told by a friend that my posts couldn't be seen by them? anywhere, they asked someone else who said the same, but another friend could, please if you can read this please could you say in your posts or indicate somehow please? i dont wish to waste a mods time and thought other members could tell me. ty in advance.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

I can see your post.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by pstrron

With the time jump, did it in fact alter time as we perceive it or did it alter the more distant past also? One thread relating to the altered time line dealt with celebrities and the dates of death. One clear example of this, for me, occurred in 2006 when a friend asked me when did Karen Carpenter die? I told them that she passed away in 1973 of anorexia nervosa. A couple days later my friend informed me the date was 1983 or 10 years later than the date I remembered. However, I clearly remember hearing the news on the radio and reading it in the news paper. At the time I was living in Santiago California and in 1983 Miami, so there is no way of confusing the two locations. There are other events that are different than remembered and one witnessed by myself and several other people.

I remember her death being in '78, after her song, 'CALLING OCCUPANTS', as she was already dead when I got married in '81. I loved her music and still do, so I was cut up when she died. Also, I was still living at home with my parents when it came on the news. I know it was the same decade as Elvis, as thier deaths were close together.

I found a site that says she died in '83. I clearly remember living at home with my parents when it came over the news.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Yeah, it's changed time. Gravity and Quantum. Did we have a choice? Do more experiments get us out of the cr*p?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

I have asked some family members about Carpenter and they all said she died in the 70's.

Hold on though! I distinctly remember her committing suicide from depression.

[edit on 8/20/08 by SlytOfHnd]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
This is an interesting thread. I think everyone including the o.p. all put forth some interesting takes on the subject, and it may be that indeed some time slips do in fact occur for people. I just wanted to interject however, that evidence in memory research laboratories (research Dr. Loftus of University of Washington) shows clearly over and over again that our memories are not at all entirely accurate. Something to keep in mind, and worth looking further into if your interested.

I think with many of these topics, we must first rule out all other plausible explanations to sort of sift the chaff from the wheat (isn't that how the saying goes?) to better understand the nature of the said phenomena.

That said, this particle research business is fascinating. It sure seams that researchers are stumbling into time issues as it appears to be connected to electro magnetics and gravity...can you imagine if the lay person could completely understand what is now known...and what has been known in top secret circles for many years? I just hope they are careful...you know how we hate to see two year olds playing with matches!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

I think i remember this, i thought it was in Australia though? im probably totally wrong about the location so ignore that if i am.

From what i remember, the Particle was seen to have left the gun before it had been fired, only by something like 1bilianth of a second, but enough to register, im not sure what happened after that?

That is the event but it is interesting that you remember it happening in Australia. It seems that time or the perception of time can be altered in some way.

One poster commented that a person might be confused and I am sure that it can and does happen. However, when I heard the news I was in Santiago and unmarried in 1973 but in 1983 I was in Miami and married. Two totally different sets of conditions that one is not likely to get confused about.

The most recent event occurred in 2004 where the date on an airline ticket changed by 10 days. This was witnessed by the ticketing agency, my brother and myself. The tickets were issued with the date of 21 June for the return flight and checked by all concerned. However, when the flight was confirmed three days prior too the return, the date had changed to the 11th of June. Our departure date was on the 10th of June and it was an international flight. Due to a layover in our connecting flight we would arrive on the 11th, the same day as the ' new ' departure date. Basically we were departing before we were arriving which is not possible. You can not book a return before you arrive. At first we just thought it was odd and wondered how did the date change, we still do not have an adequate answer. Remember this was witnessed by four different people. Did have a happy ending though. New tickets were issued with the correct date being the 21st on the 18th.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join