It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Ghost Hunters real?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Lets be honest, there's not one single piece of evidence that proves that ghosts exist. . . There's lots of unknowns but not one scrap of evidence which has satisfied the scientists. Sorry to burst your bubble.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by emmy

Emmy you are very much welcome and I am with you I would love to accompany a team of ghost hunters, but I guess for now I should settle for the couple of shows that we get to enjoy!

~Peace

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by starlitestarbrite

Lol! Very very true! I am tempted to buy a ghost hunting 'kit' (from a proper paranormal shop/retailer - not a fancy dress shop before anyone laughs at me
) as the past 3 days I've received a tax rebate, cheque payment and jobless-persons money and gotten well over a grand! Oooh, I want one bad! lol!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Totalstranger

To me, that clip looks like someone running backwards covering themself with the cloak then quickly running off. The poor video quality really helps!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
My name is Natalie and I have to say that I watch most of the Paranormal shows on television and I have to say there are only two that I've ever seen that seem truly real to me. Those two shows are Ghost Hunters (not international, i don't think it's real) and Paranormal State.

Show that I've seen that are totally fake as we all know
Ghost Hunters international (they've used the same ghost video "capture" on three episodes.)
A Haunting (all made up/poor acting)
anything on Travel Channel
Ghost Adventures (it's still relatively new)
and obviously the worst is Most Haunted. The Brits nationally declared that show as an "entertainment" only show, and is "not to be taken seriously"

as far as the authenticity of Ghost Hunters and Paranormal State, I truly believe that these shows are real, because although most episodes have one or two real things that take place, they do debunk ALOT of things that other shows that claim to be real would consider para-normal activity. Paranormal doesn't necessarily mean ghost though, and both of these shows have explained the difference between ghost activity and paranormal activity.

One complaint I have about these two shows is that the dramatic music and soudn effects between shots do take away from the experience, but that's something that most shows can't go without. If you read through the production credits, these two shows have the least amount of production people.

Although I do agree that these shows should really be looked into before they are dubbed "completely real" I have looked up the tools these two shows use and I have seen that the methods they use the scientific tools in are the ways recommended by the companies who make them.

If I had to name one bad thing about these two shows:
Paranormal State- Chip Coffey (annoying and rude)
Ghost Hunters- that they call almost EVERY haunting they go to a residual-type haunting, even though they've found some pretty strong evidence that says otherwise.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Millions and Millions of cameras, phones and cctv around the world and still no ghosts .. oh then they do almost always come out at night when you can't make things out properly .. they must like nights and scary places and tired or emotionally upset people.

Then all the millions and millions of souls from dead people and animals must be in a conspiracy that when they do show themselves they mustn't be so obvious as to give any real proof. They must avoid cameras and not hang around for long. Definately no TV or radio interviews. Never lift anything when a TV crew is there and never make any sense when you make sounds in front of camera (only face to face or ideally behind someone's back and then mainly say spoooooky things ... no sensible conversations). If they break these rules they go to spook prison.

Come on people wake up. There's almost certainly no afterlife, just a few yet unexplained things.. possibly even other dimensions and energies we don't understand .. I know its not a nice thought for dead to mean dead but .. well .. just because its not nice doesn't mean you should carry on fantasising that things are how you would like them to be.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I personally love this show. And they do feel very authentic to me. I've thought that if they were fake, they certainly wouldn't have so many 'dud' episodes.

However.

Why is it, that in all the history of cameras and video, more and more each day in this age of information, why is it that they have some of the most startling and provocative evidence ever?

Now that that thought has come to mind, I cannot watch the show without thinking it. So I'm unsure what I think in regards to their legitimacy.

I'm also not sure what I think about the pheonomena, even though I myself have seen a 'full body apparition'.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Since someone revived this thread ... my comments on the Titanic episode ....

I felt really bad for the spook. Some spook guy is stuck with the titanic relics. When Grant went to leave, the fella gently pushed him back down on the floor so he wouldn't. When Jay asked the spook if he wanted them to leave, the spook said .... 'No, please wait'.

Talk about lonely! I felt so bad for the spook .. whoever he is.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bvproductions

My roommate and I watch this every week and I always complain about the music! They will always say "did you hear that" and think, "no all I hear is the annoying music blocking any kind of paranormal noise there could be."
I do believe this show to be more realistic than the others. Paranormal State just over does everything IMO and I cant watch it. Sometimes GH annoys me with the personal bickering but for the most part I like it.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I only have one gripe. ONCE, Just once, I wish they would find a good old down home demon infested torture pit that would run them right out into the street. JUST ONCE I wish they would have to call in an exorcist or Priest or anything along those lines to try and drive out something that is pure freakin' evil.

But no, every single show ends with them saying, "It's not hurting anything so just leave it alone."

Just once they should come up against something that runs them right out of dodge.

Edit for spelling.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by mrwupy]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I think alot of the occurances in the show are real but some do actually seem kinda fake. Other than that I think the show is really cool and stuff, but I am so annoyed by the definition of EVP

In every epiode they explain it again so even the slowest nimrod can understand it

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
every single show ends with them saying, "It's not hurting anything so just leave it alone."

Yep. I remember one show where someone got pushed and another person got scratched and very spooky evps were taken ... but they said it wasn't evil or harmful.

My husband and I looked at each other and just shook our heads.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
What bothers me the most about the whole show is that it allways seems to be Grant and Jason who get the thermal hits and the eerie voices and the K2 meter going off. The others never experience things like that and that fact alone is enough to make me doubt the whole show. 2 or 3 times could be a fluke, all the time is just a trend...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I believe it's a real show, because one ep. I remember seeing, they went to this resteraunt/ball room or such... but called off the investigation after finding out the building was rigged with "ghost" to scare, and bring in, customers.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulstone

what evidence? they have to date not found anything substantial, no photos nothing.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by emmy

Spend your money on something that works, ghosts do not exist.,

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by xxxmbgxxx

I agree with much of what you say, but the absence of ghosts reinforces my believe in a a fterlife. I believe the word of God that we die and await judgment. therefor no one could be ghosts. And why must the lights be out to hunt for ghosts, they dont like lights? give me a break

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It was a hollywood trick, no spooks

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The show is definitely not real. The devices most ghost hunters, not just from that show in particular, simply don't work. They can receive a positive essence of a ghost from a lot of different things.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by VGamerJoe
The show is definitely not real. The devices most ghost hunters, not just from that show in particular, simply don't work. They can receive a positive essence of a ghost from a lot of different things.

I think all experienced ghost hunters have a good understanding of EMF's if that's what you mean. On the show, they look around for any alternative explanation for a high EMF reading and only seem to take note of those that are really isolated. I don't know much about the K2 meters, except that they can be rigged easily.

I was glad that they used mounted camera rigs on the investigators during a recent episode, but I'm disappointed that it wasn't a permanent change. Already we get another incident of the investigators noticing something move while the camera man doesn't seem to be filming in the right spot.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join