It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Hearts Mickey D's

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Obama really is a thoughtful and honest person who thinks highly of his constituents. His love for McDonald's and the constituents who eat there is evident as follows.

2008 Version

At the Saddleback forum, Obama was talking more or less about eliminating meals and gifts from corporate lobbyist and that it wasn't popular among his peers.

He went on to talk about one of his colleagues who asked him

Where do you expect us to eat at McDonalds? Obama said more or less that a lot of our constituents probably do eat at McDonald's so that wouldn't be such a bad thing.

2007 Version

Obama: "Stoop so low as McDonalds"

Obama recalled a conversation he had with another senator who was giving him grief about working for the meal ban. The other Senator questioned to Obama, “What do you expect me to just start eating at McDonalds all the time?”

Obama recalled his response, “You get paid $160,000 a year, you can even afford Applebee's, you don’t even have to stoop so low as to eat at McDonalds.”

source

additional source

All constituents that eat at McDonald should be ashamed of themselves for stooping so low.

Seriously, whether he meant it or not, you must admit it is a poor choice of words. McCain has used poor choice of words as well. And both candidates have been crucified for the smallest infractions.

Why is it so hard to admit that

both lie?
both are being dishonest in their ads?
both are flipping?
both are promising everything?
both are pandering?
both will do anything to get your vote?
both represent their party?
both are patriotic in their own way?
both have had moral issues?
both are cheaters?
both have broken pledges?
both share things in common with Bush?
both did nothing major in the Senate last couple of years?
both support the troops?
both are politicians?
both are the worst of two evils?
both want to take away our rights?
both are US citizens?
both respect the flag?

Like the great Rodney King
once said "can't we all just get along?"

Let's debate some real issues. Andrew Wiggin has an excellent thread on issues here

"He who reflects too much will achieve little."
- J. C. F. von Schiller

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I don't know how he will recover from this.

Edit to point out sarcasm.

[edit on 8/19/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by jam321

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I don't know how he will recover from this.

Easy, Obama was being sarcastic and calling the senator an elitist.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
He was making fun of the Senator complaining about meals. He pointed out that he makes 160,000 a year and can even afford Applebees. He doesn't need Lobbyists paying for his meals.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Oh please. Is that all you got. You obviously have never heard of sarcasm before.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Is andrew paying you to advertise his threads?

Shhhhh!!!!

just kidding. Im glad that Jam and i can agree on something

Its refreshing.

[edit on 8/19/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
McDonalds: Disgusting.

The last time i eat a 10pc nugget + fry i honestly threw up from the queasiness. My debit card was double charged, and they refused to reimburse my money. They said the first transaction for (call it $8.50...i dont rmemeber the total) happened at 9:30 a.m. and the second transaction (for the exact same amount) happened at 9:30 p.m.

One breakfast menu
One lunch menu

both menus = different prices.

Perhaps our senators already have their hands in the Mickey D's franchise? How else could i have been so easily robbed?

both lie?
both are being dishonest in their ads?
both are flipping?
both are promising everything?
both are pandering?
both will do anything to get your vote?
both represent their party?
both are patriotic in their own way?
both have had moral issues?
both are cheaters?
both have broken pledges?
both share things in common with Bush?
both did nothing major in the Senate last couple of years?
both support the troops?
both are politicians?
both are the worst of two evils?
both want to take away our rights?
both are US citizens?
both respect the flag?

I asked myself that question about myself. The answer i got is that i was unable to set aside myself....for the purposes of getting across my own beliefs :shk:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Hard to find anything real against Obama, isn't it? I eat at McDonald's sometimes and I personally don't feel in the least offended at his comment--if he really made it. I have a sense of humor, something we Americans tend to lose at this point in an election cycle.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I prefer BK for breakfast menu, and McD for night menu. Dollar menus are great.

Anyways, Obama was making fun of a guy who makes a lot more money then most of the people who votes for him. Saying that he didn't need lobbyists to pay for his food he could even afford Applebees.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I never knew McDonalds (or any fast food place for that matter) had a seperate breakfast menu from their regular menu.

As for Obama, if he did indeed say this then I suspect him to drop even lower in the polls. McDonalds is like a symbol of our country (kinda like Canada and Tim Horton's).

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

I never knew McDonalds (or any fast food place for that matter) had a seperate breakfast menu from their regular menu.

i guess that shows how much fast food you don't eat

The breakfast menu stops at 10:30 and they switch over to lunch....
i dont eat there anymore, but i know this from my years in college and early years in work.

[edit on 8/20/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Why would he slip in polls? He was ridiculing another Senator who was crying about Obama supporting a ban on lobbyists buying meals. He was making fun of a man who makes 160,000 dollars a year crying about free meals. Saying he could even afford Applebees with his 160,000 dollars a year.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Thanks mod!

I just took a 1,000 point hit for pointing out how utterly retarded this "political" forum is!?!?!?!? What a waste of time!

McDonald's........thats all you got? Combined with a whole bunch of other lies and exaggerations? Cool........I won't be wasting any more time arguing moot points, as there are far too many "red-stater's" that are hell bent on running this country like the confederacy.

So, go ahead, listen to Rush Limbaugh.....
....spout hate,
....be hypocrites,
...let Sean Hannity think for you...
...keep voting for pedophilic repressed liars....

I'm moving to Canada.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

Let's see Obama ridicules a fellow colleague rather than use the diplomacy that he speaks about. Is this the same way he will treat other leaders if they don't agree with him?

Let's see he says that the Senator doesn't have to stoop so low to eat at McDonalds. Giving the impression that only certain types of people eat there. A place where millions of Americans eat everyday. Those were some poor choice of words.

Yet, you don't agree that it is an issue. It talks about his character and many people don't see it as a funny comment. Some take it as insult.

However, that wasn't my intention. I searched 3 hours for some BS like this just to prove a point.

There are several die hard Obama supporters and several die hard McCain supporters that are intent on digging up every little dirt on their opponent and making a thread about it. No matter how small or how ridiculous (like this one).

They are also very rude and stubborn and refuse to bend one inch on any issue. Even if you provide clear concise credible evidence that they are wrong they will rebuke the truth. They will twist and spin every word you say to fit their line of thinking. It is a my way or the highway type mentality. On top of that they have the audacity to add how stupid or ignorant one is for not seeing things their way. These type of supporters are merely making their candidate look bad.

I don't see why it so hard to accept that both candidates are US citizens or that both are patriotic in their own way. Yet time and time again the same argument erupts that one is and one isn't and then insults start flying. If you want to debate this issue because you really feel that there is some doubt, then so be it. However, it should be done in a civilized manner.

Let's see- in this post

I mention a famous quote from Rodney King saying can't we all get along.Because at the moment things are getting heated.

I recommended a worthy thread by Andrew Wiggins on issues we could talk about. By the way everybody knows that Andrew is an Obama supporter. If they don't they will find out soon enough.

I give a list of things that we might be able to agree on in an effort to move on to bigger issues. Issues that will impact us greatly no matter who becomes President.

You may or may not like the beginning of this thread, but it is the ending that is important. We really need to move on to bigger issues. And if you are a die harder you really need to make an effort to lay off the insults and admit when your candidate is wrong. Just because you admit that your candidate is wrong doesn't mean your candidate isn't worthy of becoming President.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Im going to do an impression of the righties here and their desperate campaign to smear Obama.

McCain said "damn" while walking out of his plane

Today mccain said a swearword and he has offended many liberals. I am disgusted at what he said! This topped off with the fact that he LIED about almost everything he said.

"reference an anti-McCain site"

according to this site the very fact mccain said "damn" shows us the way he talks infront of his wife and kids, is this the sorta president we want? blah blah blah add some other smear about mccain blah blah blah....

Im getting tired of this. I can tell you right now that if this forum only allowed the threads that discussed the issues, we would not see an ounce of this propaganda coming through.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I'm not "die-hard" for anyone....I just think ATS has let these type of threads become the norm and really dumbed down the discourse.

At the same time, I agree.....these petty arguments are NO GOOD for any of us, regardless of your stance on the issues. It has long been a function of governments to divide and conquer.....they pit us against each other, and while we are all squabbling amongst ourselves, they loot and pillage our money and rights.

I guess thats why I might come off a little harsh every now and then.....it's just frustrating that so many people buy into it.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

I agree 100% that our government divides us on purpose. Why do you think they classify us by race rather than Americans? We have the whites, African American, Mexican American, Chinese American, etc. etc.

As long as we are divided we are powerless against our government. United, our government doesn't stand a chance.

Like I've said before imagine 300 million people chanting for Congress to fix our energy crisis. Do you think they would have the guts to ignore us? But by giving each group a little something they are able to keep us divided.

sorry about your points, didn't mean that to happen.

Power to the people where it belongs.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

I can tell you right now that if this forum only allowed the threads that discussed the issues, we would not see an ounce of this propaganda coming through.

I agree with you 100% except for the propaganda part. I think we would still see it. However it would be inside the thread and not headlining the thread. That would indeed make a world of difference.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join